Meadowside Medical Centre

01260272331 Meadowside, Mountbatten Way , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1DY

WJ Roberts gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Completely Unhelpful

I am on antidepressants and have found I can only take the branded version of the drug, as the generic does not agree with me. When tying to redeem my latest prescription I was told by two chemist that they would only issue the generic version as they are being encoraged by doctors to issue the cheaper drugs. They told me I needed to get the doctor to specify the brand on the prescription. I tried this but despite my protests the doctors at medowside completely refused to do this. I told them that if I cannot take the generic and can't get the branded then I'm stuck with no drugs. They basically don't care!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 09 October 2017

As discussed with you on the telephone, with respect to branded drugs and their generic counterparts, GP Practices are heavily guided by Medicine Management Teams as to what they can and cannot prescribe. I am sorry that this guidance has caused you some discomfort so as you know, I have made an appointment for you to discuss your options with one of our GPs. Chris White.

Emergency Treatment

Many thanks to the doctor and staff for providing excellent emergency care for my 6 year old grandson with acute asthma.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for letting us know. Your comments are appreciated.

Attentive Team

Great team of Doctors and Nurses and nothing seems to be too much trouble, calls are responded to within a short time, appointments are available after morning triage if one is deemed necessary. There can be a short wait for a routine appointment but if your needs are more urgent then a doctor or nurse will usually be available to assist you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for letting us know. Your comments are appreciated.

Anonymous reviewed Meadowside Medical Centre

Repeat Prescription

I have registered to order my prescription online and collect it from Boots the Chemist. As I live within a 5 minute walk of the practice - the surgery does have my address and post code - I assumed my prescription would be sent to either of the 2 Boots in Congleton.
Can somebody tell me why the surgery has decided I should collect it from Biddulph!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 26 February 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 06 March 2017

You will need to let the pharmacy of your choice know that you wish to collect direct from them and they will send us a notification to do so. If you have any problems please call the surgery and we will explain. . Without your personal details unfortunately I cannot look into this further at this point.

Jane L gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Right Diagnosis, Good GP, Little Abrupt

I have been with Meadowside for many years pre-move to new (much better) site, so feel confident to review.

The phones other reviewers have picked up on have always been awful, they sometimes cut dead after 5-10 mins, The surgery is very clean which is important to me, it is in a bright and fairly uplifting building as surgeries go. The reeceptionists are kind and respectful, but very busy, NHS reality I fear. I usually use the triage system, which is everywhere now, I don't love it but understand the importance of it. As a ring on the day appointment I usually get the same efficient duty doctor who I trust complete, their appointments are quick but I feel this is because the doctor asks the right questions, they are very to the point, which isn't for everyone, but I like a doctor who capable, and knows the diagnosis confidently from what I imagine must be 40years experience? The doctor also explained a diagnosis once using one of their anatomical medical props which helped a lot.

On my last visit, this doctor, didn't mis my diagnosis, and referred me to the hospital I was informed later by the hospital consultant I had been lucky my GP spotted it. Apparently usually missed by GPs, with dire consequences. So of course am very grateful for this. The doctor was extremely efficient and in this emergency situation, which I value that most highly.

I would recommend and I personally value the surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

My thanks

My wife has been diagnosed with Lymphoma and is being treated at Macclesfield Hospital. Back up care is provided by this practice. The attention to her needs from all the doctors at this practice is second to none with appointments granted within two hours of requests. The team here are caring, thoughtful and proactive. Nothing is too much trouble.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 09 December 2016

VP gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

Just wanted to say how pleased I was with Meadowside doctors last week - saw me same day when called with suspected chest infection - called back later in day to ask if son could be seen too as seemed to be starting same and were happy to. Both seen and prescriptions written up same day. Brilliant.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017

Anonymous reviewed Meadowside Medical Centre

First Class Patient Care Providers

The practice operates a triage system for urgent appointments and backs this up with emergency appointments for rush cases both of which we needed to take advantage of recently. The care and support we received was first class.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Excellent where it matters

I have been at Meadowside for 3 years and during that time I have on many occasions had need for advice, visits to nursing and gp staff and every time I have been sorted out satisfactorily. They have explained to me what the problems are and the course of action which they are going to take. Basically they are great and do a proper job in an NHS which is never out of the news. Thank you Meadowside

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 December 2016

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good experience today with the practice sister.

I took my father to the practice today for the removal of some stitches after going in person in the morning to ask if someone could see him and I was very pleased that we were given an appointment later in the afternoon. The practice sister was very helpful and friendly and gave us advice about my father's general well-being and took blood pressure test. Very happy with the care received today.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 October 2016