Meadowside Medical Centre

01260272331 Meadowside, Mountbatten Way , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1DY

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Prescription

On Sunday 11th March we put 3 prescriptions through the letterbox - one for my husband, one for my daughter and one for myself, When we called at West Heath Pharmacy (who, incidentally, are marvellous) yesterday to collect them, my husband's was there, as was my daughters - the staff said that sometimes happens so call again today. We did but it was still not there, the staff phoned the surgery, who said that they had not received it! How can this happen when three prescriptions were put through at the same time and two were dealt with, one was not? Have the surgery lost mine? If so, that is, to say the least, very careless and slipshod. I was a medical secretary for 23 years and if I had made such an error, it would have been put onto my record as a black mark against me and I would have been severely reprimanded. However, when I called into the surgery - having been told that they would not accept a request from the pharmacy and would need to speak to me in person, the receptionist merely said that she would put the prescription through today and it would be ready at the pharmacy by 4pm today, This means that we have to go out yet again, making 3 journeys when 1 should have been ample,
This, to me, is entirely unsatisfactory.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 16 March 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 26 March 2018

First of all, please allow me to apologise for the delay and run-around which you have experienced with your prescription renewal. I have worked through our process for handling posted requests and cannot any find fault with it. I am more than happy to check your individual case in detail. If you wish me to do this then please get in touch with me or my Deputy after which we will investigate and get back to you. Chris White, Practice Manager.

Julie G gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

First Class Health Service Provider

Nothing is too much trouble, appointments when required are available. Medical staff are also available via the telephone and use a telephone consultation system to save time and the need for face to face consultations where appropriate

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 March 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 29 March 2018

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Doctors nurses and staff always helpful.

I attend this surgery 3 or 4 times a year besides unexpected appointments for short term illnesses like chest or allergies etc. I have always found the receptionists very polite and helpful and can usually get an appointment as long as I stay within their rules, which I accept have to be fair to all patients.
The nurses are the jewel in the crown of this practice. I have always found them most helpful and prepared to fit you in if they think its necessary.
I have also probably dealt with all of the doctors at one time or another and like the way they seem to be up to date with my records ( obviously ) having read them beforehand.
I have recommended this practice to friends and family.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service provided by all!

I have visited this practice several times this year and on each occasion all members of staff have provided a very good service and have helped me to the best of their ability. The only problem is the length of time you have to wait for a routine appointment but in fairness I think all Surgeries are the same. I was very impressed with the on-line consultation facility and shall definitely be using it again. Well done Meadowside, I am sure this service will prove very popular and save everyone a lot of time. Thank you.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 April 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 13 April 2018

Many thanks for your feedback. Chris White, Practice Manager

Iain G gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Appointment A ailability

Called at 08:10 appointment same day at 09:50. What more is there to say?

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 07 February 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 29 March 2018

Fabulous

Amazing staff, amazing service! Couldn't thank them enough for their help and support!!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 19 February 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Frustrating

I find it very difficult to get an appointment. I am a working man and have suffered with a knee problem for some time. I have been left to suffer by the receptionist.who explained there was no one available despite being in daily pain. I live on my own so have no immediate help and have to now rely on others to do various chores etc. I cannot believe that she could not arrange for me to speak with a doctor who could have given me the injection needed to ease the situation and instead has referred me to the forever waiting room. There are no appointments at this surgery available for 16 days and to get the one of the three available I am instructed to call exactly 14 days prior and hope no one else beats you to it otherwise you have to start the process all over again. I ask her should I go to a hospital and she informed me that they wouldn't administer any injection there and my only option is to wait. It is no wonder this surgery is rated the worse of them all.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 06 February 2018

I'm sorry that we have not been able to provide you with an appropriate appointment. Like many surgeries we are currently experiencing a high demand for standard appointments however we do have 'on the day' appointments for patients who are experiencing pain and cannot wait for 2 weeks. If those appointments run out then a note is sent to the Duty Doctor for him/her to assess and action appropriately. Without knowing more detail, I cannot explain why you have slipped through this net except to assume that you maybe weren't aware of the 'on the day' appointment system in place for patients in your position and/or that the reception staff weren't fully aware of the pain that you were in. I am more than happy to speak with you about this and I invite you to contact the surgery to make yourself known and I will get in touch. Chris White, Practice Manager.

Support for ill mother

We would like to thank the practice for the support they gave to us and our mother in her life limiting illness. We were grateful that her wishes were respected at all times and that requests for support were met efficiently and with care from the receptionists to the doctors.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 December 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 11 December 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. Whilst we really do wish that it had been under better circumstances we do appreciate it. If I can help further, please get in touch. Chris White, Practice Manager.

WJ Roberts gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Completely Unhelpful

I am on antidepressants and have found I can only take the branded version of the drug, as the generic does not agree with me. When tying to redeem my latest prescription I was told by two chemist that they would only issue the generic version as they are being encoraged by doctors to issue the cheaper drugs. They told me I needed to get the doctor to specify the brand on the prescription. I tried this but despite my protests the doctors at medowside completely refused to do this. I told them that if I cannot take the generic and can't get the branded then I'm stuck with no drugs. They basically don't care!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 09 October 2017

As discussed with you on the telephone, with respect to branded drugs and their generic counterparts, GP Practices are heavily guided by Medicine Management Teams as to what they can and cannot prescribe. I am sorry that this guidance has caused you some discomfort so as you know, I have made an appointment for you to discuss your options with one of our GPs. Chris White.

Emergency Treatment

Many thanks to the doctor and staff for providing excellent emergency care for my 6 year old grandson with acute asthma.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for letting us know. Your comments are appreciated.