Meadowside Medical Centre

01260272331 Meadowside, Mountbatten Way , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1DY

Mrs J gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Can see why people visit A&E

I recently visited the practice nurse for a routine smear. The nurse noticed something unusual when performing my smear and advised me to make a GP appointment on my way out. When I went to the reception desk there were three members of staff in a back room gossiping. I had to knock on the window to get their attention. I explained what the nurse had said and was informed that it was not possible to make an appointment, and that I would have to wait until the Monday morning to make an appointment for two weeks time. I explained that I was worried and was going on holiday to which the member of staff replied well can’t you get someone to make an appointment on your behalf. I have tried to make an appointment online but the online portal constantly says that there are no appointments available. We have also tried to call, but if you call after 10am in a morning all the appointments for that day in two weeks time have already gone and you have to try again the following day. I can see now why people misuse A&E departments as they often feel that it is the only way to get seen by a doctor.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 September 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 17 September 2018

Thank you for your comments on your recent experience at this Practice. As discussed in your conversation with my Deputy earlier today both the inappropriate behaviour of our reception staff and the incorrect process which they followed on the day are unacceptable. These will both be part of our next training session in October. On behalf of Meadowside, I apologise for the inconvenience and potential stress that you have endured. Chris White, Practice Manager.

David Horner gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Self opinionated judgemental

I changed to the Meadowside Practice having become disillusioned with the Readesmoor Medical Group. Initially it appeared I'd done the right thing. Sadly I would learn to my cost that diagnosis wasn't their strong point. Six months after first seeking advice regarding a persistent cough, I was finally diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. This and the opinionated judgemental nature of certain Doctors has left me very much less than impressed -

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 03 July 2018

Dear David, I am sorry that you have felt the need to make your thoughts known in this way. I feel that had we first discussed this in person you might have felt differently. I invite you to call me at your convenience so that we can agree a time when we can discuss your case in detail. Chris White, Practice Manager

Larry gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

"Refused" repeat prescription

I have recently started to use the online repeat prescription system. It usually works very well and is a vast improvement on the older systems . However, when a requested item is marked as refused there is no reason given for this which necessitates a phone call to the receptionist , ... who invariably does not know why it was refused. Most times with me it has been finger trouble I think by whoever approves repeats and is corrected promptly.
If the authoriser of repeats refuses an item would it be possible for him/her to let the patient know why or at least notify the receptionist as it can be worrying yet easily resolved.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 29 April 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 03 May 2018

Many thanks for your constructive comments. There is a system in place for us to respond to the patient with a reason for the rejection either by the Gp or followed up with a telephone call from the receptionist. However, this seams to have not worked for you on this occasion. We will take on board this issue and look at how we can improve upon sending a response to patients directly in a timely manner.

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Prescription

On Sunday 11th March we put 3 prescriptions through the letterbox - one for my husband, one for my daughter and one for myself, When we called at West Heath Pharmacy (who, incidentally, are marvellous) yesterday to collect them, my husband's was there, as was my daughters - the staff said that sometimes happens so call again today. We did but it was still not there, the staff phoned the surgery, who said that they had not received it! How can this happen when three prescriptions were put through at the same time and two were dealt with, one was not? Have the surgery lost mine? If so, that is, to say the least, very careless and slipshod. I was a medical secretary for 23 years and if I had made such an error, it would have been put onto my record as a black mark against me and I would have been severely reprimanded. However, when I called into the surgery - having been told that they would not accept a request from the pharmacy and would need to speak to me in person, the receptionist merely said that she would put the prescription through today and it would be ready at the pharmacy by 4pm today, This means that we have to go out yet again, making 3 journeys when 1 should have been ample,
This, to me, is entirely unsatisfactory.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 16 March 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 26 March 2018

First of all, please allow me to apologise for the delay and run-around which you have experienced with your prescription renewal. I have worked through our process for handling posted requests and cannot any find fault with it. I am more than happy to check your individual case in detail. If you wish me to do this then please get in touch with me or my Deputy after which we will investigate and get back to you. Chris White, Practice Manager.

Julie G gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

First Class Health Service Provider

Nothing is too much trouble, appointments when required are available. Medical staff are also available via the telephone and use a telephone consultation system to save time and the need for face to face consultations where appropriate

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 March 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 29 March 2018

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Doctors nurses and staff always helpful.

I attend this surgery 3 or 4 times a year besides unexpected appointments for short term illnesses like chest or allergies etc. I have always found the receptionists very polite and helpful and can usually get an appointment as long as I stay within their rules, which I accept have to be fair to all patients.
The nurses are the jewel in the crown of this practice. I have always found them most helpful and prepared to fit you in if they think its necessary.
I have also probably dealt with all of the doctors at one time or another and like the way they seem to be up to date with my records ( obviously ) having read them beforehand.
I have recommended this practice to friends and family.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service provided by all!

I have visited this practice several times this year and on each occasion all members of staff have provided a very good service and have helped me to the best of their ability. The only problem is the length of time you have to wait for a routine appointment but in fairness I think all Surgeries are the same. I was very impressed with the on-line consultation facility and shall definitely be using it again. Well done Meadowside, I am sure this service will prove very popular and save everyone a lot of time. Thank you.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 April 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 13 April 2018

Many thanks for your feedback. Chris White, Practice Manager

Iain G gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Appointment A ailability

Called at 08:10 appointment same day at 09:50. What more is there to say?

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 07 February 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 29 March 2018

Fabulous

Amazing staff, amazing service! Couldn't thank them enough for their help and support!!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 19 February 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Meadowside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Frustrating

I find it very difficult to get an appointment. I am a working man and have suffered with a knee problem for some time. I have been left to suffer by the receptionist.who explained there was no one available despite being in daily pain. I live on my own so have no immediate help and have to now rely on others to do various chores etc. I cannot believe that she could not arrange for me to speak with a doctor who could have given me the injection needed to ease the situation and instead has referred me to the forever waiting room. There are no appointments at this surgery available for 16 days and to get the one of the three available I am instructed to call exactly 14 days prior and hope no one else beats you to it otherwise you have to start the process all over again. I ask her should I go to a hospital and she informed me that they wouldn't administer any injection there and my only option is to wait. It is no wonder this surgery is rated the worse of them all.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Meadowside Medical Centre replied on 06 February 2018

I'm sorry that we have not been able to provide you with an appropriate appointment. Like many surgeries we are currently experiencing a high demand for standard appointments however we do have 'on the day' appointments for patients who are experiencing pain and cannot wait for 2 weeks. If those appointments run out then a note is sent to the Duty Doctor for him/her to assess and action appropriately. Without knowing more detail, I cannot explain why you have slipped through this net except to assume that you maybe weren't aware of the 'on the day' appointment system in place for patients in your position and/or that the reception staff weren't fully aware of the pain that you were in. I am more than happy to speak with you about this and I invite you to contact the surgery to make yourself known and I will get in touch. Chris White, Practice Manager.