John Pounds Surgery

02392812033 3 Aylward Street , Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 3DU

Joe Prieto gave John Pounds Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Atrocious reception

As a patient with this surgery for over ten years I have recently had to make appointments for pain management recently. There are never appointments available within the week, always having to wait two or mor weeks to be seen.

On my last visit I was told that I was not registered at the surgery and the system showed that I was registered with another GP surgery almost two miles away.

The reception staff are less than helpful, always insinuating that the problem is with the patient and not their bad management. I would not recommend this surgery to anyone which is a shame as the doctors are excellent

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

John Pounds Surgery replied on 20 September 2018

I am sorry that you have been disappointed by our reception team and appointment availability recently. I would be very happy to discuss your complaint in more detail if you would like to contact the Practice and ask to speak with Tom Micklewright, Managing Partner. We are doing our best to make appointment available, our same day access service is available for patients who are unable to wait for the next available routine appointments. Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Anonymous gave John Pounds Surgery a rating of 5 stars

No problems

I have had no problems at all at this GP’s I find the receptionists really friendly and helpful and the doctors kind and understandable and they listen to me when I need to talk about my problems. To be honest this one of the best surgerys I have been to 🙂 in Portsmouth.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 May 2018

John Pounds Surgery replied on 14 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. The whole team here strives to provide high quality care and I am pleased to hear that hard work is paying off. I hope your positive experiences continue in future.

Anonymous gave John Pounds Surgery a rating of 5 stars

offered pappointment for one weeks time

good discussion of problem. Medication prescribed for current issue and specialist referral arranged

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 07 May 2018

John Pounds Surgery replied on 14 June 2018

Bad gp

Hi
Just want to share my experience as I'm absolutely horrified!.
So I called for my appointment which didn't go to plan as they had lost my results and couldn't seem to find them, then when I went to the docters surgery they couldn't seem to find me on there system? Which is really odd. So it took them a nice long while to find me as they had me 3times on the computer!.
Then my docter didn't really seem to no what was going on with me so didn't give me any tablets....
The next couple of weeks I had to be rushed in hospital as I was supposed to be referred a while back but the docters didn't seem to be anything wrong! So so angry with there service I had to be in hospital for 2 weeks before coming out all because they didn't refere me back then.
Stay away

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Horrible staff bad doctors

There are 2 doctors usually 1 sees patients so everyone is waiting for a hour + over your time. The doctors seem to google what's up with you and the receptionist is really rude. No one there wants to help you. It's understaffed and run down . Absolutely disgusted.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

Terrible GP

I have been to a few doctors around Portsmouth due to moving around and this one by far has to be the worst.
Doctors don't seem like they know what they are doing and they ask you what you think which I wouldent no so just seems like you can't trust what they say.
The receptionist has a bad attitude and the surgery itself needs a referb.
There no blinds on the windows
There's no alcohol jell in the dispensers
Also 1toilet which you have to ask the receptionist for the key. There was a old lady that had a accident on the floor waiting for the receptionist to stop chatting to one another.
Very very disappointed in my experience every time.
Stay well away.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

Not Good

Stay away from this docters as you.
1.- never get a appointment
2- prescriptions are wrong
3- your there waiting 1-1:30 over the time your given even on a quiet day.
4-no staff only 2 docters there
5- no hand sanitizer or tissues when people are sneezing and coughing
6-no equipment
7-receptionists always seem to have a attitude

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 08 February 2018

Stay clear

This go has got to be the worst ever!
Long waiting times bad docters that have no time for paitents therefore I am going to change go as I think there attitude is horrible....
Never again will I return to be treated this way

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 February 2018

Ian gave John Pounds Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Not worth even going!!!!

My time at this surgery has been nothing but hell. Wouldent tell anyone to go there as they told my mum she had 2 weeks to live went to a hospital and they said do not listen to them..
Do not recommend to anyone who you care about really don't .

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 February 2018

Andy gave John Pounds Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Receptionists too much gossip

Basically the receptionists were gossiping about patients while we were sitting in the waiting room which I find so bad. Then they was laughing a a old mans shoes and pointing at them. A young boy stepped in and said could you stop , they looked at each other and laughed ! Horrible place .....

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 13 February 2018