Lawton House Surgery

01260275454 Bromley Road , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1QG

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

VERY RUDE RECEPTIONIST

Telephoned for an appointment. When I eventually got through after the fifteenth time of trying and I said I wanted an appointment with the Doctor, I was responded with "huh you will be lucky". She asked what the problem was. When I explained it was for a review of my arthritis (which I was in great pain with) the receptionist commented "well I have arthritis as well, I bet it isn't as bad as my hands. There is nothing that can be done for arthritis, you just have to live with it".

I didn't realise that Receptionists were now clinically trained and qualified to give medical advice. She made me feel very small and under valued. Perhaps some training in customer service would be useful.

On looking at the Surgery's 'Practice Charter' under "What you can expect from us" the first statement reads: Courtesy, respect, privacy and confidentiality. I think you have fell short at the first hurdle Lawton House!!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Brilliant surgery.

Over the last few years I have always found Lawton House to be really great and helpful. I have never completed a review before but wanted to recognise what fantastic service I have always received. All the staff have always been so helpful and I have always felt listened to. Some examples of going above and beyond have included reception staff fitting me in at short notice around my work schedule; a GP phoning to ask how my daughter was the day after we had visited Out of Hours GP service; always fitting us in for appointments. It is important that our great NHS services are recognised. Thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Lovely doctors, unfriendly reception staff

Doctors are professional and knowledgeable, was treated with dignity and respect during my recent appointment, I do not have a fault with them.
Reception staff are not very friendly, one in particular was very rude and abrupt and I felt like an inconvenience to her. Considering they close once a month for training, it clearly isn’t in customer relations! They are good at answering the phone though and offering appointments.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 20 March 2018

Helen B gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Requested repeat prescription for my daughter

Contacted the surgery to see how I could get repeat prescription and was answered via phone promptly. I was given instruction and posted request to them as the weather was very snowy. The prescription was available for me well within the time given by receptionist so was able to obtain ahead of time scale. I was very pleased with the prompt service. Well done Lawton House surgery.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 December 2017

Great care

I have had to phone for an appointment and the reception staff managed to fit me in later the same day! They had some 'turn up and wait' slots which they use for urgent visits
The GP's are caring and compassionate and I have never felt rushed though an appointment.
All the reception staff are very caring, I cannot fault how I have been treated and cared for by this practice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Martin Johnson gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

An excellent practice

My wife and I have been with Lawton House nearly 23 years, and the staff and doctors have always been caring and professional. I do hope that Lawton House is able to carry on serving its patients in this way. Thank you.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Helen gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent help

Very helpful reception staff - when I called to get help on two occasions during the last fortnight .

The help I needed was pretty selfish in nature (to do with my holiday and vacinations) and
a very prompt, helpful and accurate information was given to me by receptionist It was given in an respectful manner and the receptionist even wished me a happy holiday. Whilst I was there I left a prescription for my daughter which would be ready within 3 days and I happen to be close the doctors today and called in on the off chance and the prescription was there ready for me in advance. Saved me another trip of 4 miles one way to collect.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Bad timing

Apparently I'm not in your catchment area. I work in Congleton and I don't drive so going elsewhere would cause me many problems. But you don't care. Just like you didn't care when you phoned me to tell me I'm not welcome at the practice any more. You recieved a letter from Macclesfield hospital stating I didnt live in Congleton any more. Thank you for ringing me the day after my miscarriage to tell me this. Very thoughtful of you.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 28 December 2016

Sue gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Dr. C Taylors care

I want to say how much I appreciate the fact I walked into the surgery Friday morning, (very concerned about a problem with my breast) I was offered an appointment more or less right away with a Dr who after examining me referred me to The Breast Clinic in Macclesfield, I received a phone call 90 minuets later offering me an appointment Tuesday 24th August, my experience at the clinic was excellent every-one treated me with such care and understanding, and fortunately for me they couldn't find anything wrong. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the prompt care I received from the Dr and the Macclesfield Breast Care center. Finally I have to say I feel very lucky to be registered at Lawton House Surgery the care I have received over the years has always been excellent .

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

In two words, "Thank you".

My wife and I were patients here for 23 years. In the early years, there were some unsatisfactory visits when an urgent issue resulted in seeing a GP who was not our first choice. 'Nuffield said. Over recent years, that situation has improved considerably, so that we have received excellent treatment right across the board, including GP's, Practice Nurses and staff generally. The team works well and we are indebted to them for dealing with a range of health issues, and on more that one occasion, an potential problem was identified about which we we unaware. So, many thanks to everyone, and we can recommend this practice without reservation.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016