Lawton House Surgery

01260275454 Bromley Road , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1QG

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Rude Receptionist ruined my day.

I had visited within this week. I wasnt going to leave a review, but after consideration I believe it's needed. This is because I have had this issue before as well.

The Receptionist makes you feel unwelcome when you enter the door. After talking to them briefly to discuss my appointment, I felt uncomfortable and altogether somewhat angry. This shouldn't be the case when visiting the Doctor's. After looking at previous reviews of other people of this surgery, it is clear i'm not the only person who had this problem. As they have made comments on somebody's Arthritis, this service and treatment is disrespectful and really quite disgraceful for someone who is supposed to adhere to the NHS's standards and beliefs.

The experience i had here even before seeing my doctor was enough to ruin my day, and put me in a angry and frustrated mood. It's not a courteous way to treat anybody.

The doctors, and medical staff, however are lovely, and very helpful. This review is not aimed at them.

Only to the rude receptionist

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

VERY RUDE RECEPTIONIST

Telephoned for an appointment. When I eventually got through after the fifteenth time of trying and I said I wanted an appointment with the Doctor, I was responded with "huh you will be lucky". She asked what the problem was. When I explained it was for a review of my arthritis (which I was in great pain with) the receptionist commented "well I have arthritis as well, I bet it isn't as bad as my hands. There is nothing that can be done for arthritis, you just have to live with it".

I didn't realise that Receptionists were now clinically trained and qualified to give medical advice. She made me feel very small and under valued. Perhaps some training in customer service would be useful.

On looking at the Surgery's 'Practice Charter' under "What you can expect from us" the first statement reads: Courtesy, respect, privacy and confidentiality. I think you have fell short at the first hurdle Lawton House!!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant surgery.

Over the last few years I have always found Lawton House to be really great and helpful. I have never completed a review before but wanted to recognise what fantastic service I have always received. All the staff have always been so helpful and I have always felt listened to. Some examples of going above and beyond have included reception staff fitting me in at short notice around my work schedule; a GP phoning to ask how my daughter was the day after we had visited Out of Hours GP service; always fitting us in for appointments. It is important that our great NHS services are recognised. Thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Lovely doctors, unfriendly reception staff

Doctors are professional and knowledgeable, was treated with dignity and respect during my recent appointment, I do not have a fault with them.
Reception staff are not very friendly, one in particular was very rude and abrupt and I felt like an inconvenience to her. Considering they close once a month for training, it clearly isn’t in customer relations! They are good at answering the phone though and offering appointments.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 20 March 2018

Helen B gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Requested repeat prescription for my daughter

Contacted the surgery to see how I could get repeat prescription and was answered via phone promptly. I was given instruction and posted request to them as the weather was very snowy. The prescription was available for me well within the time given by receptionist so was able to obtain ahead of time scale. I was very pleased with the prompt service. Well done Lawton House surgery.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 December 2017

Anonymous gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great care

I have had to phone for an appointment and the reception staff managed to fit me in later the same day! They had some 'turn up and wait' slots which they use for urgent visits
The GP's are caring and compassionate and I have never felt rushed though an appointment.
All the reception staff are very caring, I cannot fault how I have been treated and cared for by this practice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Martin Johnson gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

An excellent practice

My wife and I have been with Lawton House nearly 23 years, and the staff and doctors have always been caring and professional. I do hope that Lawton House is able to carry on serving its patients in this way. Thank you.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Helen gave Lawton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent help

Very helpful reception staff - when I called to get help on two occasions during the last fortnight .

The help I needed was pretty selfish in nature (to do with my holiday and vacinations) and
a very prompt, helpful and accurate information was given to me by receptionist It was given in an respectful manner and the receptionist even wished me a happy holiday. Whilst I was there I left a prescription for my daughter which would be ready within 3 days and I happen to be close the doctors today and called in on the off chance and the prescription was there ready for me in advance. Saved me another trip of 4 miles one way to collect.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Bad timing

Apparently I'm not in your catchment area. I work in Congleton and I don't drive so going elsewhere would cause me many problems. But you don't care. Just like you didn't care when you phoned me to tell me I'm not welcome at the practice any more. You recieved a letter from Macclesfield hospital stating I didnt live in Congleton any more. Thank you for ringing me the day after my miscarriage to tell me this. Very thoughtful of you.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 28 December 2016