Hawthorn Surgery

1. Review titled Flu vaccine

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 January 2020

Had my jab yesterday health care assistant was very helpful.... asked her if she would syringe my ear and was happy to do so ..Great service thanks very much 👍

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Flu vaccine as unsuitable

Replied on 06 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review. We will always try and accommodate patients requests for additional services, if time allows, which on this occasion it did. Thank you again.

2. Review titled Shocking visit

by Mike Patel - Posted on 19 December 2019

My old GP has now retired, saw a young doctor, who started to google my ailment and suggested I buy everything I need, is available to buy from the chemist and at one point flatly refused to prescribe a regular medication that on my file with first speaking to her boss. I do not visit the doctors if it can be helped, this visit was very disappointing, the doctor I saw was well below par, needs more training on looking after patients not customers.

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Shocking visit as unsuitable

Replied on 31 December 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you feel you have not had a good service. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at the Practice.

3. Review titled Brilliant Surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 November 2019

Very kind,caring and considerate GP Surgery that always try their best for the patient. If you have a genuine worry/concern and there are no appointments left the GP will always ring you back to discuss your problem and see you that day if necessary.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Brilliant Surgery as unsuitable

Replied on 08 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments. It is heartening for the hard working Practice team to see that they are appreciated!

4. Review titled Great experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 August 2019

Joined surgery as I had just moved house and was experiencing chest issues which was identified as likely being asthma. I had a follow up appointment with one particular doctor organised where she took plenty of time to explain my diagnosis and medication and we agreed that I would have an additional appointment after a few months so see if my condition had improved. Really pleased with the wuality of service and would definitely recommend the surgery.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Great experience as unsuitable

Replied on 20 August 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback, and for taking the time and trouble to post this on NHS Choices.

5. Review titled Incredible doctors, an absolute credit to the NHS

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 August 2019

The experience I've had here is second to none compared to doctors I've visited in the past. I've had a recent diagnosis where both doctors have gone way above and beyond to assist and reassure me at what is a very worrying time. They both show genuine concern and compassion for problems whilst providing clear sensible advice and are willing to take the extra time to discuss despite them being incredibly busy. I am so glad I found this doctors, I rest assured that if I have any problems in the future I'll be very well looked after =)

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Incredible doctors, an absolute credit to the NHS as unsuitable

Replied on 02 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback. Our GPs along with many others in the NHS, work incredibly hard on behalf of patients, and it is lovely for them to receive such supportive comments. Thank you again.

6. Review titled Really good

by Sarah Bottomley - Posted on 11 April 2019

My self and my partner come to hawthorn surgery. I can honestly say that this is the nicest , most supportive doctors I have ever been to. All the staff are friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. A lot can be learnt from hawthorn surgery.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Really good as unsuitable

Replied on 11 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let us have you feedback. It is great to receive such a morale boosting comment!

7. Review titled 35+ years and still happy!

by Janet - Posted on 17 January 2019

I have used this practice since moving to Leeds 35+ years ago and have never had cause to complain. They have always accommodated my sometimes odd requests without simply dismissing me as daft! Thanks to doctors here, I was sterilised at the age of 20 at my own request (I had my reasons and they were many), they have supported me all the way through years of fighting with weight issues, and most recently paving the way for my recent bariatric surgery - which has been an amazing success! I've seen a lot of different doctors, nurses and staff pass through in my time, and all have been excellent and friendly. I recommended this practice to a friend recently who is planning to move up to Leeds this year. A big thumbs-up from me!

Visited January 2019

Report review titled 35+ years and still happy! as unsuitable

Replied on 17 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback which will be shared with the Team

8. Review titled My Experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 January 2019

I have been with this surgery since moving to the area in 2009 and I have always been so happy with the service and care provided. I have had 2 pregnancies in this time and have been well looked after throughout. My children have always been made a priority in urgent events and over all, we have always received the care and attention we require. I have seen all Drs, the nurse, midwives and everything in between and have continuously been treated with respect and provided with reassurance with whatever I have visited for.

Visited January 2019

Report review titled My Experience as unsuitable

Replied on 21 January 2019

Many thanks for your feedback, and for taking the time and trouble to post your comments on the website.

9. Review titled Terrible

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 February 2019

appointment system is a joke - nothing til March for support for a mental health issue. It is hard enough to reach out for help. The reception staff have zero empathy for patients.

Visited December 2018

Report review titled Terrible as unsuitable

Replied on 14 February 2019

Dear Patient, most of our patients are able to book an appointment with a GP or Practice Nurse within a few days (some even on the same day or next day). In addition, the reception staff are trained to help patients in a confidential and empathetic way. I am sorry that you feel you have not had a good service. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at the Practice.

10. Review titled Best Doctors I Have Ever Used

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 December 2018

Over the past year I have been to the doctors regularly for an undiagnosed condition. I have seen 7 different doctors, several nurses and met every receptionist. I never have a problem getting an appointment and every single person I have seen has been extremely helpful. I have been referred to various specialists, the letters for the appointments have been through the post within a week of my appointment at the doctors. I recently went for a cervical smear test and met the most wonderful nurse (unfortunately her name escapes me). She did all my usual checks, blood pressure, weight and height. She then checked my file and saw I was missing several childhood injections which she gave me there and then. She also noticed my pulse was irregular and booked me in with a doctor on another day just in case. She took so much time and care to give me what I would call a full 'MOT'. I honestly feel so much better knowing I have been fully checked out!

Visited December 2018

Report review titled Best Doctors I Have Ever Used as unsuitable

Replied on 12 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to add your comments to the website - we really appreciate feedback from our patients.