Guiseley And Yeadon Medical Practice

1. Review titled My experience chimes with the CQC inadequate inspection

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 February 2020

CQC criticised this practice for not knowing when long term contraceptive devices should be changed. This is my experience exactly. The practitioner I saw for my device removal had very obviously not read my clinical notes. I was asked whether I thought I was in the menopause and I was asked to explain why I didn’t need a replacement device. The practitioner’s manner was cold and abrasive. The procedure was more uncomfortable than it has been previously. I was made to feel that this was my fault, that I was being over anxious. I declined a routine health check that I am entitled to, because I won’t see this practitioner again.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled My experience chimes with the CQC inadequate inspection as unsuitable

2. Review titled The practice is abysmal

by Jonathan Page - Posted on 07 January 2020

New to this practice. First botch up with registration as I was given access to another patients records! Recently sat in waiting room over an hour to see GP on scheduled appointment. Gave up! Asked several times about travel innoculations. Still waiting for an answer and I've been back from my travels a week now. Last 2 nurse appointments cancelled by practice due to staff illness. I think I will change!

Visited December 2019

Report review titled The practice is abysmal as unsuitable

3. Review titled Terrible customer service skills

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 November 2019

Rang for an appointment today on hold for 25 minutes then call answered by a very rude receptionist to be told cannot make an appointment as emergency appointments only as closed for lunch explained i have been in a queue for 25 minutes before they closed for lunch and ringing in my dinner aswell,i had to hang up as id have said something i regretted. Need to speak and re train their reception staff about their attitudes and assess the way they speak to patients and be a little more accommodating for patients who are waiting in the call queue.Typical doctors receptionist at this practice.

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Terrible customer service skills as unsuitable

4. Review titled Staff Excellent - Service Abysmal

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 October 2019

Often difficult to get appointments at Guiseley unless one is willing to queue outside in the morning. The new prescription service in which the Surgery sends the Prescription directly to BOOTS is a farce due to BOOTS inability to prepare Prescription requirements until the Patient arrives to pick up the medication. Finally a recent referral for Physio treatment at Yeadon, resulted in being offered an appointment in FOURTEEN weeks time i.e. the 20th January 2020! IF this is the normal waiting period, the Practice has too many patients or too few staff, either way it's not fit for purpose.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Staff Excellent - Service Abysmal as unsuitable

5. Review titled Local Surgery 2019

by Carlo - Posted on 13 April 2019

The online appointment facility allows me the option to choose to see the same doctor each time I need to. The care and attention provided by Guiseley & Yeadon Medical Practice is very good on all fronts especially taking into account that this is a very busy practice.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Local Surgery 2019 as unsuitable

6. Review titled Lovely Receptionist

by Julie Stephen - Posted on 16 March 2019

I attended the walk in surgery on Tuesday 12th March. I would just like to comment on how lovely the Receptionist was. She was polite, helpful and very pleasant indeed. The Dr I saw was also nice. Very clear in what he was saying. Thank you.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled Lovely Receptionist as unsuitable

7. Review titled Brilliant GP surgery

by Emily - Posted on 15 November 2018

I have found this practice to be amazing in the level of care, reassurance from GP’s or nurses, reception staff are lovley and after my visit today I genuinely feel like my issues were understood and taken seriously. After being at a different practice in the area and receiving a low level of care I decided to swap to this practice. I haven’t regretted my decision to swap. Every time I see a GP or nurse at this surgery I leave feeling like I was understood, my conditions have been addressed and different options were presented to me that my previous GP surgery didn’t inform me about. My only problem is the appointment availability, I called a few days in a row to get an appointment, however I called today and was offered an appointment this afternoon which was brilliant. I understand though, that the demand for the GP services is high and funding is low so even though I had to try a few times to get an appointment I completely understand why. I was offered the open surgery option, so it was my choice to wait for an appointment slot. People are so quick to tell GP surgeries how they can do better, so I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that you, in my eyes, are brilliant.

Visited November 2018

Report review titled Brilliant GP surgery as unsuitable

8. Review titled Lovely staff and best surgery I’ve been to

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 September 2018

Signed up here midway through pregnancy and I am so glad I did. The reception staff are absolutely lovely - always friendly and always looking to help. Ensured I got an appointment with the midwife straight away, despite only just having handed in my registration forms. I’ve been here a few months now and the medical staff are absolutely great, including a wonderful midwife. So pleased to be with this surgery - certainly the best I’ve been with over the years.

Visited September 2018

Report review titled Lovely staff and best surgery I’ve been to as unsuitable

9. Review titled Impossible to book an appointment

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 June 2018

Today my husband has waited for two hours at the walk in GP service only to be told he missed his appointment. He sat in front of the screen and did not even go to the toilet. The rude receptionist blamed him. Impossible to book an appointment. I have requested appointments for my poorly daughter when she was 6 months old and was told to attend the walk in. This was very distressing for my poorly baby to sit in the surgery waiting for hours (literally 2 hours). The reception staff are on the whole very rude and unhelpful. I appreciate the nhs is struggling but this surgery is poor. I have however seen some good GPs here when I’ve waited to see them.

Visited June 2018

Report review titled Impossible to book an appointment as unsuitable

10. Review titled Professional at all times

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 July 2018

Always helpful always get an appointment as long as you are prepared to get to the surgery early and wait - good dialog with the Doctor's

Visited June 2018

Report review titled Professional at all times as unsuitable