Abbey Grange Medical Practice

1. Review titled Excellent service

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

I called into Moor Grange View surgery at 0810 and by 1010 I was seen by a doctor at Abbey surgery. The service was on time and efficient and at 1030 I was able to see a nurse as well. I would like to thank both surgeries for an excellent and efficient service.

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Excellent service as unsuitable

Replied on 14 October 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about our practice. We aim to provide an efficient service for all & are pleased that your experience was so positive. Your comments have been shared by the whole team. Once again, many thanks.

2. Review titled Punctuality of appointments

by Janette M Holmes - Posted on 07 October 2019

I have been a patient at Abbey Medical Centre for well over forty years and never had cause to be unhappy with any of the services provided by doctors and staff. We now have the practice joined with Moor Grange Surgery and your excellent care and attention continues, thank you. I have had cause to attend both sites over the last four weeks and seen three different doctors and one nurse. On each occasion I was either seen early or on time and can only praise everyone concerned for their care and attention. I appreciate this doesn't always happen due to time of year and pressure of supply and demand but I just felt I wanted to thank you all.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Punctuality of appointments as unsuitable

Replied on 14 October 2019

Thank you very much for taking time to feed back about your experience of our practice. We always welcome feed back which we share with the whole team to try & maintain & improve our services. It is very pleasing that your experience has been so positive.

3. Review titled Visit to Diabetic Clinic

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

On a recent visit to Moor Grange Surgery I was highly impressed by the nurse. His “bed side” manner and overall efficiency was excellent. This was the second time I had contact with him, he previously treated my mother following a bad fall. I hope he continues at the surgery as I am certain he would be a great asset to the practice.

Report review titled Visit to Diabetic Clinic as unsuitable

Replied on 14 October 2019

Thank you for taking time to feed back about your positive experience at the surgery. I have shared your comments with the nurse & he is delighted to receive this feedback.

4. Review titled A good practice

by Anne Pilkington - Posted on 07 October 2019

I continue to be thankful that I receive excellent service from the same lady doctor I always see. Nothing is too much trouble and I am never made to feel rushed throughout my appointment. I recently saw a male doctor as my usual doctor was on annual leave and received the same excellent service. As a patient who suffered from severe health anxiety I owe the doctor alot, and although I sometimes am still anxious I do not suffer from the anxiety I used to have thanks to her. I see the asthma sister regularly and you could not wish for a better or nicer person. I don't think people appreciate how much stress the NHS staff is under with the continuing government restraints and how hard the staff work. I find the reception staff at both surgeries pleasant and have only ever had to complain about one lady being rude which was dealt with efficiently and effectively. I am usually able to get an appointment on the same day I require one and online appointment s are very useful. Please share this positive feedback with the team

Visited August 2019

Report review titled A good practice as unsuitable

Replied on 14 October 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this very positive review about your experience at our practice. Your comments have been shared with the whole practice team.

5. Review titled Highly recommended GP practice

by Kirstie Craig - Posted on 30 July 2019

I’ve been with this practice for over 20 years now and have never had any issues with them. Recently I have needed to visit them and I asked for a particular doctor as they put me at ease, and they make me very comfortable in what I need to talk to them about. All the doctors are lovely but this particular one is the best.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Highly recommended GP practice as unsuitable

Replied on 30 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to send feedback about the surgery. We are delighted to hear that your experience has been so positive. We will share your comments with the whole practice team. Once again, thank you very much.

6. Review titled Thank you

by Mrs EW - Posted on 26 April 2019

I have unfortunately had to visit the practice on numerous occasions over the last few months to be seen by a particular doctor, not once did she make me feel like I was wasting her time , she as directed me to specialist , arranged appointments, all with the intention of getting me a diagnosis to treat me , and for that I am very grateful. With regards to the reception team , the lady at moor grange is always polite and helpful , and if I phone the surgery I seem to get a particular lady who deals with my query efficiently and respectfully thank you

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Thank you as unsuitable

Replied on 26 April 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit feedback about our practice. Your comments have been shared across the whole practice team & we are very pleased that your experience of our practice has been so positive. We hope you continue to be satisfied with our services in the future. Thank you once again.

7. Review titled Good practice with lots of services

by Jane Crawshaw-Clarke - Posted on 16 March 2019

I have been a patient at the Moor Grange practice for approximately 16 years. It has changed from a small family practice with just 4 Gp's to a larger one offering a wide range of services. Throughout my time with the practice I have recieved excellent medical care from gp's, practice nurses and phlebotomists, only on one occasion have I had cause to make a complaint re the attitude of one member of the reception team and that was dealt with approximately and was years ago the receptionist have a very difficult job and they always are attentive and professional it's a great practice.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Good practice with lots of services as unsuitable

Replied on 16 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about the practice. We are very pleased that you are happy with the service we provide. We welcome all feedback, it is always shared whether positive or negative; it helps us stay aware of what we are doing right & where we need to improve. Thank you once again for sharing your comments, we hope you continue to be satisfied with our practice for many years to come.

8. Review titled Rude uninterested receptionist ,

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 November 2018

I found the experience of dealing with receptionist at abbey grange appalling , I think when you take on a job role in a caring profession then at the very least they should care , I'm not referring to getting a appointment, because the practice protocol is not to everyone's liking , it's the disinterest and dismissive attitude of this particular staff member , when the reception is the first point of contact with the surgery the impression and attitude makes a difference to the opinion you create which reflects on the whole GP. Practice ,

Visited November 2018

Report review titled Rude uninterested receptionist , as unsuitable

Replied on 14 November 2018

I am sorry you have had cause to share a poor experience with our reception team. If you would like to contact the practice with more details & a name, if you have one then we will look into your concerns further.

9. Review titled Moved to another surgery!

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 August 2018

This surgery has been on he decline for a while now. Getting an appointment within a week is highly unlikely. Booking online is pretty much a 3 week wait! They have begun to bring in freelance doctors. Not helpful when they have no idea of your background. Always found the receptionists very rude. Just received a phone call from them. The person was extremely rude and put the phone down on me! Now moving to another surgery.

Visited July 2018

Report review titled Moved to another surgery! as unsuitable

Replied on 29 August 2018

I am sorry you have had cause to feedback about a poor experience with our practice. Our appointment system is not to everyone's liking but from our patient survey, we feel that the majority of patients are happy. We have more than 50 GP appointments which open each morning ( except Monday morning when our GPs triage each call & offer a same day appointment where necessary). Our forward book appointments do get booked in advance & we have recently changed the way we open these to try & improve access. We use locum GPs very infrequently & only when absolutely necessary to provide an adequate number of appointments. We understand that locum GPs do not provide the same continuity of care as a regular GP & that is why we do not use them unless necessary. I am sorry you have found our reception team rude, I will share your feedback with our practice team & we will discuss any ways we feel we could improve our service.

10. Review titled Register with the medical practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 May 2018

I had called up to ask about registering with the practice even though I was not in the catchment area. I was simply told by the receptionist that I was in the wrong catchment area. I asked about the Patient choice of GP practice but was again told I was in the wrong postcode area. I then asked if the practice was not participating in the Patient choice of GP and once again was told I was in the wrong postcode area. I finally asked if the Patient choice of GP practice was simply not real and doesn’t exist. The receptionist was very dismissive implying that this was the case. I have no problem with Abbey Medical GP choosing not to take patients outside the catchment area but I do take offense on how choices that are set up by the NHS to offer a wider service is simply dismissed as not real. What does this say for your practice and all the other services you provide. A reasonable explanation such as “No as a practice we are not currently looking to register people outside our catchment area” or whatever stance the Practice has decided to adopt would be more acceptable than being offhandedly dismissive. https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/doctors/Pages/patient-choice-GP-practices.aspx

Visited May 2018

Report review titled Register with the medical practice as unsuitable

Replied on 29 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to submit your feedback, we welcome all feedback & use it as part of on going training to try & improve our service & patient experience. We are very sorry that you encountered such a poor response from our reception team who should have been aware of the patient choice scheme & our practice decision that at present we are not registering new patients from outside our catchment area. The reception team have been issued with a memo regarding this & your feedback has also been shared. Once again, please accept our apologies for your poor experience.