The Leigh Surgery

01702470705 194 Elmsleigh Drive , Leigh On Sea, Essex, SS9 4JQ

Always the best!

At this surgery you are always made to feel you really matter, that you are in control of your health issues, that your points of view are valued, you are involved in every decision about your health, you are treated with the utmost care and respect, and there are no ten minute slots, you get the time you need. Reception staff answer the phones very promptly, no hanging on for ages, in an emergency, you will be seen, more often than not same day appointments can be arranged, but patients seldom have to wait more than 48 hours.
A super 'warm and friendly practice' that always ensures you are in safe hands, and the best GP's you will find anywhere in the country!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Anonymous gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The difference a good doctor can make!

We all assume that when we are referred to a hospital, we will get to see a specialist to deal with out problems ... sadly that is not always the case! Had it not been fro my own GP's knowledge and his quality of care, I doubt very much that i would be around to write this review.

I have battled for an extremely long time with breathing problems, having been fobbed off by so called 'specialist' at the hospital that my problem was something completely different. My GP persisted, used his own vast knowledge base, and gave me the very best treatment he could find to ensure I got the care I needed, no matter what the demands on his time, and after e very long battle, I am now making steady progress.

Specialists only see one aspect of what they specialise in, not the whole person, my GP is not a specialist, he is a 'genius', and I take great comfort in knowing that specialists are not always right, and much depends on how much our GP'd care. and their own depth of knowledge.
Without the dedicated care from my GP, I doubt very much that i would have been alive today to voice my views.

Thank you so much to everyone at this surgery fro the quality of care I receive, and very special thank you to Dr. a gentleman with a heart of gold!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 June 2018

Anonymous gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

They always care, even when we struggle to.

There are times when we struggle with our situation and feel the need to give up, not always the most appreciative and can be quite a handful.
At this surgery 'giving up' is not an option, the very high quality of care and support is always there, kind, tolerant and very understanding during some very difficult times.
It is are to find this quality of care and given the endless criticism of GP's and the lack of appointments, we can count ourselves very very lucky indeed to beat this surgery. A very understanding manager, lovely reception ladies and fabulous doctors, we can indeed count our blessings!!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

Anonymous gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

What is there to complain about?

There are so many complaints about poor care and the difficulty in getting an appointment that I consider myself very very lucky indeed to be a patient at this surgery.
The reception staff are always kind and understanding and helpful the practice manager always willing to listen to our woes, appointments always available within a day or two, and the best GPs one could wish for.
Our GP's always go the extra mile, nothing is too much trouble, their standard of professionalism second to none.
Sometimes you have to pinch yourself to be sure the quality of care we receive is real when hear so many grumbles about the NHS, I feel extremely lucky to be a patient at this surgery.
Thank you to all the staff and our fantastic doctors for delivering such a high quality care.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 March 2018

Anonymous gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Private care doesn't come this good!

I am always overwhelmed by the quality of care I receive at this surgery, so easy to get an appointment, never more that 24 hours wait, lovely warm and friendly reception staff, a manger that makes time to listen, and the doctors, always will to go the extra mile to ensure we get the very best of care.
Having come from a very troubled background and a surgery that simply failed to understand my issues, my physical health problems ignored, I became a very challenging patient, fearful of everyone and declining in health.

Changing GP's changed my life, restored my self confidence and got me the care and treatment for problems that had been previously ignored. My physical and mental health is so greatly improved, I have quality time to talk to my doctor, my questions, sometimes complicated, are always answered in a way that I can understand, nothing is too much trouble.

I never feel rushed, always greeted with a lovely smile, which when I am anxious, can be so reassuring.
I have my doctors full attention, no fiddling with computers, repeat meds issued if I need them, choices re my treatment and explanations of any thing I don't quite understand.

At my last surgery I always felt I was a challenging patient, a bit of a nuisance and not very welcome. It is hard to take on board how things have changed, having paid for private treatment in the past, the quality of care I get at this surgery is way superior to private care, at this surgery i feel'I matter when it matters most'!

A really fabulous team that haven't lost of the art of caring at the highest level in our ever changing NHS.

Thanks to one and all.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 December 2017

Shurleea gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

They make you feel you matter, when ti matters most!

A fantastic service with very high quality good old fashioned health care.
All the staff are so friendly and helpful, very often same day appointments, emergencies deal with without endless phone calls, the doctors are out of this world, very kind and caring, no fiddling with computers and no times restriction, we get the time we need and can deal with more than one problem in one visit.
We are called by name, invited in with the door held open for us, we sit down before the doctor, and a re greeted with a lovely warm smile.
We are given a choice of treatments/ medications, all explained in a way that we can understand, we can ask questions and get accurate honest answers, we are made to feel at ease.
It is very hard to believe that surgeries offering this very high standard of care still exist and I feel very privileged to be a patient here.
It is indeed very sad that more doctors like we have here are not available locally, the larger centres are like conveyor belts.
The doctors at this surgery are priceless and very rare beings in today's NHS.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 31 October 2017

Julie Newman gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Surgery

Recently joined this wonderful Surgery. Am very happy with the care I have received so far, all the staff are very approachable and helpful, you can get through more or less straight away on the Telephone, (previous surgery I gave up in the end) . Offered an appt that fitted round my work the following day, again having to wait several weeks at previous surgery. The Doctors are very caring, offering a very professional standard of care. Would certainly recommend this lovely Surgery. Thank you

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Nothing but the best!

I have struggled with a very wide range of health problems fro very many years and am brave enough to admit I am not the easiest patient to deal with.

Having had serious problems at my last surgery, I move to Leigh Surgery and am still trying to cope with the shock re the b=very high quality of service.

I have no problems getting an appointment to suit me, no waiting days, often on the same day, I am greeted with a smile, made to feel welcome, and the doctors are really fab!

I can be a challenge, but always have a warm welcome, I get the time I need to discuss my issues and give my opinion of what is on offer, I have even learned that sometimes what I feel is right no matter what, that may not be the case.
Both GP's are so kind and caring giving you 100% of their attention whilst you are with them, you never have to fear challenging a decision and if you don't appear to be improving, the go on until they find a solution.

I always felt surgeries like this were a thing of the past, but still marvel that there are still some good surgeries left in Southend.

I would like to thank all the staff at Leigh Surgery, the receptionist, the nurses, the manger and most importantly, the kind and caring GP's.

Thanks to one and all!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Anonymous gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Underwhelmed

Having read the amazing reviews of this surgery my family and I moved to Elmsleigh Drive before Christmas. So far we have been most disappointed.
Being met with a frosty reception from all bar two of the receptionists at the desk was not what we expected. For one young person attending appointments alone for the first time it has not been a pleasant experience. Paperwork has been lost, appointments messed up (all with no apologies), doctors arriving late, then spending time eating their breakfast when they should be seeing the patient.
We really had expected a more friendly service than this. However, it has been surprisingly easy to get an appointment, so I suppose that's one good thing!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Shurl gave The Leigh Surgery a rating of 5 stars

They don't come better than this surgery!

This is the kind of surgery all patients need, where you are made to feel you matter, when it matters most.Highly skilled GP's that give you 100% attention whilst you are with them. they call you by name, hold the door open and offer you a seat, not sitting down until the patient is seated. They look at you face on, without fiddling with computers, the listen, they offer choices and explain treatments, nothing is too much trouble, and the surgery runs over time, they are fine with that. It is one of the very few surgeries where you can still get an appointment, often on the same day but never more than 48 hours ahead. They offer online booking for appointments and repeat scripts. I came from a very large surgery where I was just a number, no real care or understanding and some very grumpy GP's, appointments were like gold dust to a surgery that meets my every need with care and kindness and has been able to reduce my medication from 12 tablets three times a day, to jut three two times a day, unbelievable service, second to none ... thank you so much to the doctors.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 22 January 2017