Montgomery-House Surgery

01869249222 Piggy Lane , Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6HT

Vaccination experience

Ive recently needed quite a number of vaccinations due to my upcoming travels and the practice nurse was amazing! Always so lovely and willing to help. She was very thorough in determining what I needed and helping me organise when to come in and have them done.

She is also fantastic at administering the injection - very quick and painless!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 24 January 2019

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 05 February 2019

Thank you for you kind comments.

Angela Runaghan gave Montgomery-House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Sadly we are leaving the area and have been with Montgomery House for many years. The practice has served us really well and we are all sorry to leave.

Thank you for all your hard work in keeping us all well and always being there to try your best to sort our issues and requests.

The Runaghan Family

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 07 March 2019

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 15 March 2019

Thank you for your kind comments. We wish you all the best with your move and new home. Should you move back to the area, you know where we are.

Louise gave Montgomery-House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery I've ever been registered with

For the last few years I have been registered with Montgomery House Surgery. The service I have received has been second to none and the relationship I have with my Doctor has been fantastic.

Throughout my time I have been able to make appointments within a reasonable timeframe, receive advice to help me make the best decisions for me and supported me through a difficult time when I was struggling with my condition. The reception staff have always been happy to help with a smile and sorted out multiple appointments for me including sending me very helpful reminder text messages for my appointments. The waiting room is clean and tidy, having recently been revamped inside providing a pleasant environment to wait. Also, the walk in blood clinic and facebook updates are fantastic!

I am so sad to be moving away and no longer be within the catchment for this brilliant surgery. This is honestly the best surgery I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Thank you for making it such a good experience.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 19 September 2018

Louise,

Thank you for your kind words, which are very much appreciated. We wish you all the best with you move.

anita gave Montgomery-House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

what a lovely bunch

The doctor I see is absolutely fantastic, caring, honest and just down right nice.
The receptionist is a credit to the surgery, going above and beyond to help
What a love bunch

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 06 June 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, which are very appreciated.

Theresa perkins gave Montgomery-House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Always had good service from receptionists and doctors

You can never get an appointment when you need one

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 22 July 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 22 July 2018

Theresa,

Thank you for your review and the 5*s. You also mentioned that it is difficult to get an appointment when you need one. Prior to Christmas you were able to get a routine GP appointment within 5-7 days, but the Winter and early Spring period did hit us hard, just like the rest of the NHS with a considerable rise in requests for appointments that did put an very big strain on our GP and nurse appointments, including same day urgent appointments. We are currently looking to develop some of the ways we deliver our services as well as recruiting additional clinical staff, as funding allows, to further improve access ready for the Autumn/winter period, and to reduce the waiting time back to what it was. Requests that are deemed Urgent by our Duty Urgent Care clinician, will continue to be seen/responded to that same day.

Diabetic Nurse Review and Support

In March i went for my diabetic review with the nurse. I was in a really bad place. The nurse was so kind amd supportive and really helped me not only with my diabetes but also emotionally by asking if she could email the Dr to help. I recently went back for another review and things have been turned round. It means i dont need extra medication and i feel in control.
All this because a wonderful nurse recognised the care and time I needed. Thank you so much.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 10 August 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, which are most appreciated.

Very helpful

I am very pleased with this surgery and their online services. Whenever I request a new prescription it is issued promptly and sent to my nominated pharmacy. Also, I had to request an amendment to my personal details via the website and the practice replied the following day. Thank you very much for your services.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 20 February 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 21 February 2018

Thank you for your kind comments.
We now have over 25% of patients actively using Patient Online Access for Repeat Prescriptions and Making (and cancelling) Appointments, which is great. We also encourage patients to register for full access, where they have access to their Test Results and Medical Records. For details on how to register for this advanced access please visit our website: https://www.montgomeryhousesurgery.co.uk/patient-online-services/

Kindest Regards

Anonymous gave Montgomery-House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Useless with Repeat Prescriptions

I have found nothing but problems with this practice and my repeat prescriptions. They just cant seem to sustain the service and I never know each month whether I am going to have to chase my prescriptions (sometimes running our of meds). This is an area that desperately needs addressing.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 13 February 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 13 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and please accept our apologies if you have been experiencing issue with your repeat prescriptions. If you would like to contact me directly with the details then we can look to address any issues as quickly as possible.

As general comments to common problems with repeats:

Where repeat prescriptions are sometimes delayed is because the patient has come to the end of a course and the GP has to review the patient records and possibly ask the patient to attend a medicine review with them. This is required out of a duty of care to the patient as the current medication may no longer be the most appropriate medication. It will obviously take several more days for the GP to undertake a review, so it is important that any request for a new series of prescriptions is undertaken in a timely manner. Please attend any Medication Review the GP asks you to attend, as they may not be able to issue further medication without until this is completed.

We also encourage patients to sign-up to Patient Online Access and to Electronic Prescribing, which allows the patient to easily manage their medication and order a repeat prescription if they have issues remaining, whilst the electronic prescribing means that the GP authorises the prescription and it is sent electronically straight to the patient's pharmacy.

Some medication is know as "generic", and the pharmacy dispensing the medication can change the medicine"brand" to one that the patient may not be use to - this often happens if one medication brand is out of stock or it is cheaper to issue another equivalent medication. The pharmacist can explain any change to the patient.

And sometimes the issue is not with the Practice but may be with the dispensing pharmacy, but we'll always look to help solve any issue the patient may have.

An excellent surgery - for my 84 year old father

The staff at this surgery are a real credit to the NHS.

I am writing this review on behalf of my father who became a patient at Montgomery House Surgery in 2016, when his previous surgery closed.

The ability to have telephone consultation with the doctor is extremely helpful. When test results require consultation with a doctor, the surgery contacts us to make an appointment, which is amazing. Thank you.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 13 February 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 14 February 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, which are very appreciated by us.

Anonymous gave Montgomery-House Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Requesting A Certificate From Work.

I just want to stress the confusion of getting a sick cert. I have been unwell over Christmas with a cold. I returned to work only for it to return as flu. My employer wanted a certificate as I had been self certified for a week. I did not want to take my illness to the surgery and was advised to complete the on line form of which I did. I put full symptoms down etc but the answer I got was that I wasn't entitled to one. Because of this I returned to work, much to my employers disgust as I was still unwell. They asked me about medication but I wasn't going to get that either even if I asked. In the old days you used to see the doctor and the cert would cover you for another few days if you were still not right. My employer was not happy but what do you do? I asked for advice on this and got none.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Montgomery-House Surgery replied on 16 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies is an appropriate resolution was not found for your issue.

GPs don't issue sick notes where you have been sick for less than 8 days, to do so routinely would put a huge additional burden on practices, plus they are not funded to do so by the NHS. Should you be in a position where you have been off for less than 8 days and the GP is happy that this will certainly extend beyond this point (serious illness for example), they will usually provide a sick note, but again this will only be dated from the eighth day. In cases like colds and flu (and no other complications), they may ask you to contact the practice again on the 8th day if you are still unable to return to work. If sick for less than 8 days your employer should ask you to complete their self certification form only. If they insist on medical evidence, then the GP may be able to provide a medical letter, although there would be a charg for as it is a non NHS funded request.

This information is on the website with the Sick Forms, and further information is available from the NHS Choices website.

With regards medication, for colds and flu your GP won't normally provide medication. Again further information on these conditions are available on our website.

I hope this has answered the issues you raised to your satisfaction. Please feel free to pass this information to your employer so that they can update their staff policies also.

Montgomery-House Surgery