Fitzalan Medical Group

01903735200 Fitzalan Road , Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 5JR

Lozzie gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

Treated as a human not as a problem

I've recently changed surgery to Fitzalan as my previous doctor made me feel like I was wasting their time.
I saw the contraception nurse who was caring and gave me honest and helpful advise. They listened to what I said and took that infomation into consideration.
I actually went away from an appoint feeling happy (I actually wanted to hug and say shout THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!!!)
They explained to me exactly what my opinions are, what isnt right for me, what could work and what to aviod.
Would recommend anyone to go here.
After being passed from pillar to post and being made to feel that I was a waste of time, i actually feel positive for the first time in a long time!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely comment on NHS Choices. The Fitzalan team are always really grateful to hear of patients experiences. Its lovely to know are dedicated nurse's have been able to help you with your contraception.

Many thanks
Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 1 stars

Lost my paperwork, and treated like a problem

I waited just over a week after handing in my forms to be registered before calling up to arrange an appointment. I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety so called up to get an appointment for continued prescription and referral to a psycho therapist in this area.
Receptionist was fairly helpful in that they got me on as a temporary patient, The Doctor that called me back was very unsympathetic and uncaring made me feel like I was wasting their time just wanting an appointment for later in the week not even the same day.
I was a problem. Not a human who needed just a bit of help.
I won't be re filling out my paperwork with them.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 25 September 2017

I am very sorry to hear this . If you feel you would like to speak to the doctor again or even another doctor please call back this afternoon.

What more could I want?

I completed the online medical questionnaire. The doctor phoned me and arranged for me to see them later that morning. I was seen promptly. During the consultation, I felt important and informed.
Whenever I have had contact with the surgery, everyone has been friendly and helpful. I think they do their best to provide a good service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 12 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a very nice comment on NHS choices. The on line consultation process is working very well and can be used 24 hours a day. Your example is how is it is to use. Many thanks Practice Manager

Nicola Reilly gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 4 stars

Dr

i went to see Dr today. What a kind and lovely doctor they are. They listened which for a patient is exactly what you want to feel a doctor is doing! They were both professional but 'human' lol their patient care is spot on and I would certainly recommend them.
I will definitely be asking to see them from now on, thank you

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 25 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a very kind comment on this website, this will be passed onto the team. Practice manager

Elrai gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

The nurses are wonderful!

I have been with this surgery for a couple years now.
It is and incredibly busy surgery and I have to say I have nearly always had a service that doesn't reflect the constant pressure they all must be under.

I have had a few appointments recently with the nurses.

They have consistently been just brilliant. They were incredibly knowledgeable and caring they gave me brilliant well informed advice and knew just what to say.

I felt so reassured by them both and it really made the situation I found myself in much easier to deal with.

Even when I made a decision one way the care they provided allowed for me to take various paths with was very good as circumstances changed which led my care in a different direction and solely because of their genuine care and fab experience it meant that I avoided further complications.

Such lovely nurses worth their weight in gold, a credit to the NHS.

I can't thank them enough for their help and care!

We should all remember to praise the individuals who work for the NHS in times where the strain is out of their control and people like this just battle on with a smile!

Wonderful, just wonderful

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

Medical care of a year old baby with a perforated eardrum

My granddaughter of one year had a perforated eardrum following an ear infection, my daughter made 3 separate appointments and each time was given a timely appointment with good advice and treatment. On the 3rd visit she was seen by a practise nurse who liaised with the doctor, the doctor was efficient and the care and treatment was excellent.
I accompanied my daughter and I was very impressed with how this surgery operates.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS choices, it is always lovely to hear patients having a good experience in our Surgery.

Anonymous gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 1 stars

Unresolved and untreated

Consistently failing to resolve a unknown medical problem and refusal to give my records to me.

Ignoring consultant requests for MRI scans.
Ignoring the 7 stone weight loss in under a year.

Perscribed anti acid medication and mind altering drugs without knowing cause of systems which have had a negative affect on my physical and mental state.

Told that i have to go "Bang" before they will know whats wrong which has further been denied by the manager.

Reluctant to give any referral despite symtoms being presented daily however i have just about managed to finally be refered to a gastro specialist.

Over 2 years with symtoms with no answers. Every piece of information i have been able to obtain myself to try and help this investigation including a private health screening, a screening that has shows problems with my small intestine and misalignment of my spine have been ignored. Or i have been accused of "worrying" to much.

Various witnesses have atteneded appointments with me including my father whom told the doctor "this is not my daughter anymore"

They are not providing a duty of care and show no remorse for the pain and distress they have caused me or my family during this time and have provided me with no evidence or answers for my condition.

Phone calls are not returned when they say they will be. I am disgusted with the practice of prescribing drugs without knowing why and what effects they could have mentally and physically let alone costing me hundreds of pounds to feel even worse or the same as before.

I have been left to feel alone and frightened. I no longer leave my home which they have been made aware of months ago. I eat maybe one meal a day if i can manage which they are also aware of.

I will keep trying but i fear they will keep failing.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 31 July 2017

I am very sorry for any inconvenience you may have been caused but I am reassured the Doctor you are dealing with has spoken to you on Friday.

Telephone appointment

The doctor phoned me back within 30 minutes, they ask me to come to the surgery in and hour. The doctor listened to me problems and explained everything they were going to do for me. I was completely satisfied with everything..

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 30 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment about our triage system. Your experience sounds very positive and this is exactly how the Partners designed this system to work. Many thanks Practice Manager

Patricia green gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

I went to see a pharmacist today

The pharmacist said i should see my doctor i went straight to my doctors surgery with no appointment and it was late on a friday the receptionist was very understanding and said that they would tell the doctor i was there but i might have a little wait .the doctor called me in very soon and was very reassuring.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group has not yet replied.

me gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

suspected T I A

After experiencing a verbal malfunction on Sunday morning 4/6/17 I phoned 111 as was told to report to Worthing Hospital that afternoon.I was examined and told to go to my GP on Monday for a doctors referal to the TIA clinic. I duly contacted my doctor on Monday 5/6/17 and saw the doctor that morning by lunchtime I had been contacted by Worthing Hospital and made an appointment for the following morning 6/6/17.I am pleased to say that I was examined that morning and given the all clear. I was very impressed by the seamless process by which within 48 hours I had been treated

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 12 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment. This truly shows how well the triage system does work. I am very pleased you are now feeling better.