Fitzalan Medical Group

01903735200 Fitzalan Road , Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 5JR

Stacey gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

Responsive and friendly support

I have had cause to access the GP twice lately which is unusual for me. On both occasions I have found the service and support outstanding. Both GPs spoken to listened to me on full, asked relevant questions and left me confident that they fully understood my symptoms and worries and prescribed necessary treatment. The reception staff were also informative and helpful going over and beyond to support me in ensuring I was clear on processes I needed to follow.

I saw a doctor today, at extremely short notice, who was extremely friendly and professional - thank you !

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 12 September 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about the practice and team. We are always very happy to receive feedback from our patients, good or bad, but such overwhelmingly positive feedback as yours will be extremely welcome in difficult times.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Practice Manager
Fitzalan Medical Group

Awful service

So after waiting for a month with my problem, I then saw someone at the practice today and to say I am disappointed is an understatement! She was rude, uncaring, she start investigating my problem I had but didn’t once wash her hands the whole time I was in there before and after she examined me, also no gloves were worn. Opening dirty door handles and typing on the computer before and after. There is no surprise you have an inadequate cqc report as the practice is awful I think it’s about time I changed doctors.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

Can't get an appointment

I have a painful but non-urgent issue aftet being hit by a car in April. In other words, because the surgery is busy I put up with the pain. However, a few weeks ago I decided to call. I called "later in the day" as per instructions on the website for non-urgent cases and was rudely told off for not calling at the appointed time - which apparently is 8.00 to 10.00 for all cases, contrary to what is on the website. I tried again a few weeks later on the off chance as I was walking by and got an appointment for 7.00 that evening but when I arrived I was told the doctor was "10, 20, 50 minutes behind". Unfortunately I couldn't wait 50 minutes. I was then told to call back between 8.00 and 10.00 today for the 'triage system' i.e I'd call in and the doctor would call me back. I've taken half a day off work for the call back it hasn't yet come and shortly I have to go to work. .

I am at a loss to know what to do with a painful but non-urgent condition. I suspect it probably needs a referral to the hospital for an X-ray so I guess I'll have to go to A&E on the off chance

I see that the next question in this survey asks when did I visit this GP surgery. Well - I haven't visited, although I'd quite like to if that's possible

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Deborah bennet-Jane gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

Accurate advice ,polite staff. Can get help on day if need

Doctor saw me straight away, after an allergic reaction to two bad insect bites. The reception lady who sorted out my phone back, was extremely polite and helpful, and paramedic men I have spoken to earlier in the week too have been very thorough.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 27 June 2018

Lina gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

One particular doctor always makes time for his patients- I am lucky to have such a good GP

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

SFK gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 3 stars

waiting times

I had a nurse appointment at 8.10 today. Sat there for a while and watched other nurses in and out with patients, I still sat there. Then just after 8.30 I saw my nurse enter the building ,so no way had they even started work!!! My annoyance was that we were not informed that the member of staff hadn't arrived on time , only polite to have been told so we could choose to stay or rebook instead of letting us just sit there, some of us have early appointments to fit into work day.. So at 8.40 I left as I had work commitments and could not wait another 10 mins or so .I have never had any problems with this surgery until today.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Bob Sandy gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 5 stars

Never had any problems

Rang at 9 am today and got an appointment with my registered doctor at 10.15 what could be better. Don't always see my doctor but that's not a problem as all my records are there on computer, people have to remember there humans as well and have off days like us all, but if you are polite and friendly and understand the pressures there under with all the trivial cases they have to contend with eg colds,aches, sore throat ect people need to take a bit more responsibility people want everything for free even though painkillers only cost 30 pence in supermarkets where as a prescription costs a lot of money for the NHS we need to get a grip or we will loose this fantastic service. Then what will happen!!!!!!!!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 June 2018

Useless time keeping

I understand that you have to wait a tad for an appointment i expect 10 mins delay but when you are waiting more than half an hour its not acceptable and you have to ask when you will be seen to be told you have another 15 min wait.
This is ridiculous amount of time to wait especially when you have other things to do like care for your child etc.
This surgery is nothing but useless for the past year when i have needed an appointment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

Anonymous gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 3 stars

My des appointment this morning 15th may2018

I saw a Dr this morning 15th may at 11.30 I found him uncaring /no bedside manner at all and I won't be seeing him again another example of the way the des at forsaken treat you

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 15 May 2018

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 16 May 2018

I am very sorry to here this, if you would like to discuss this further please contact the Practice Manager

Sansovino gave Fitzalan Medical Group a rating of 4 stars

Thank you to all the staff and doctors at Fitzalan s

It is not easy standing behind people who are talking to a receptionist sometmes and not wanting to intervene. Although.of course, people are concerned or anxious for their health and illness,it can be unsettling to say the least,when people raise voices and start complaining about waiting to see a doctor and how dreadful everything is.
A little thought about the huge and troublesome decision making and planning that goes into organising appointments as well as priority issues and staffing expertise,might prevent people from feeling that they have to make a huge fuss in order to be heard. It is frankly awful to see some of these comments. This is a very busy surgery and obviously there are demanding changes in every aspect of medicine-and in our society,but does it need to be said?
I and my family,have been with this surgery since it was opened and experienced nothing but first class services in all departments. the doctors have been efficient ,understanding and thorough. The reception staff are frankly incredible! Thank you.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Fitzalan Medical Group replied on 16 May 2018

Thank you so much for supporting the Fitzalan Team by posting this on NHS Choices, we really do appreciate your comments and understanding.

I have circulated this to the all the staff at Fitzalan

Practice Manager