Andover Medical Centre

020 7281 6956 270-282 Hornsey Road, Holloway , London, Greater London, N7 7QZ

RacLondon reviewed Andover Medical Centre

You’re still focused on your patients and I appreciate it

I needed an urgent appointment. I rang earlier this week and the receptionist made me an appointment for that morning. The GP was one I don’t know; she was warm (she even came to the waiting room to call me in) and as caring as my own GP there. She asked me what was wrong and listened.
She asked pertinent questions and was kind. She checked I understood the plan and was “happy” with it.
Thank you it is reassuring to me. I wish whatever you’re all doing could be replicated. You’re still focused on your patients and I appreciate it.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 04 January 2019 using Care Opinion

Andover Medical Centre has not yet replied.

My GP listens to me

I love that I can make an appointment/ request my repeat prescription online and collect it from my local pharmacy. When will you turn on the comment / communicate section? That might seem like a pain for you but would be really useful in case you don’t need an appointment
There was no queue at reception which was good.
My GP actively listens to me, he totally turns away from his computer and gives his full attention. He proposes a plan and checks I’m happy with it. It must be frustrating that he can’t do an electronic referral to the Whittington for X-rays/ bloods.
When I was told at the Whittington the GP will get the results in 3-5 days I was shocked they don’t have a portal. The CCG should prioritise that.
The health centre doesn’t seem to invite feedback- perhaps there’s a board bit in amongst all the health promotion leaflets etc I didn’t see anything. Is there a PPG? What does it discuss? Who looks at patient’s feedback? How is it used?
Overall I give the practice 5 stars for the GP. Well done and thanks to him.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018 using Care Opinion

Andover Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

understand patient

understand patient, long time wait to see doctor,no explain on

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Andover Medical Centre replied on 08 August 2018

Sorry, but this comment is not very clear what the issue is? However, the practice is trying to increase capacity for patient appointments wherever it can. Andover Medical Centre still has an unacceptable amount of patients that do not attend for their appointments. There has been some discussion to send letters to patients that habitually not attend their appointments to try and combat this.

Rac London gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

You couldn’t ask for a better GP than mine

I love the way I can make appointments & request repeat prescriptions, that are automatically sent to my local pharmacy on line.

My GP is an example for all other GP’s. He listens to you!!! He talks with you about possible options. He doesn’t rush you out of the consulting room. He is polite and respects me as an individual. He’s like my concept of what a family gp was like in “the good old days”, how he does it while teaching students and still smiling I don’t know. He’s so genuine he even recognises me out and about out of context and is just as smiley and warm as when he’s at work and says hello if he sees me out and about.

If there were any constructive feedback (beyond cloning him!)
I would welcome early morning & weekend “commuter” appointments as well as the evening but am grateful for the evening ones.

It would be great if you could re-introduce the self check in for busy times of the day.

Well done Andover.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Andover Medical Centre replied on 08 August 2018

The practice thanks you for your comments.

RacLondon reviewed Andover Medical Centre

I feel very cared for by him

I’ve been registered for some years now and found registration and getting through on the phone frustrating. The move to the phone queuing is really positive from a patient’s perspective. I love that I can request my repeat prescription online and collect it from my local pharmacy.
Likewise being able to make an appointment online is very helpful. What would be good would be if we could check in electronically like we used to when attending for an appointment.
The receptionists in the majority of cases now seem to help you.
The Drs all actively listen and seem very progressive are there any plans for telephone or Skype-type consultations in the future?
My GP saw me I’m the street on the way to work this week and rather than ignoring me he remembered my name, smiled at me and said hello. I feel very cared for by him.
Well done

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018 using Care Opinion

Andover Medical Centre replied on 08 August 2018

The practice appreciates your comments. The phone queuing system has undergone a fair amount of criticism in the past and it is good that we are now getting some positive feedback regarding it. Electronic arrival check in at the practice was a useful tool in avoiding queues at the front desk. Unfortunately the last panel we had became obsolete and could not be updated to operate with our clinical system. It is a facility we are very likely to adopt again when budgets will allow replacement. Online services are still very much evolving, but we are not aware of Skype based consultation systems yet. There are clinician call back consultations already operating where patients can call in for a call back between 9:00 and 11am, but this is mainly operating as a triage service at this time.

Rac London gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, caring GP

I’m sorry you won’t let praise sit where it is due. I have always had excellent treatment here. My GP is excellent, he always listens to me, is thorough in examining me and explaining next steps. He always tries to answer my questions and is very reassuring. I have 100% confidence in him and in the surgery.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 February 2018

Andover Medical Centre appreciates your comments

Stowe gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

The best doctor I’ve ever seen

Andover medical center are the friendliest, most caring people I’ve come across in the medical profession. Historically, I’ve felt let down by GPS, especially in regard to mental health issues, but the doctor I see and the reception staff are wonderful. The doctor is caring, kind, genuine and wants to help. His cheery disposition is fantastic! I’d recommend this center any day of the week, especially if you’re struggling to get an appointment at the Northern Medical Center.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 24 February 2018

Andover Medical Centre appreciates your comments

Anonymous gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

an outstandingly sympathetic GP

Dr was kind, sympathetic and efficient, and gave me plenty of time to describe my problems.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

Andover Medical Centre replied on 21 December 2017

The practice appreciates your kind review.

Harriet gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic patient care

I would like to praise this surgery for their excellent patient centred care. My GP has been an excellent support and has always taken on board my opinions about my treatment. They are friendly, professional and non-judgemental at all times. I thank them for all their help!

When having an uncomfortable procedure done at this practice, I was fortunate enough to have a supportive and kind healthcare assistant simply to hold my hand- it really made all the difference.

The staff on reception are additionally also very friendly and willing to help, always.

This is an excellent GP surgery, a great credit to the NHS. I am moving from the area sadly but hope to find another GP surgery with the high standards that Andover Medical Centre performs to!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 10 November 2017

Andover Medical Centre replied on 21 December 2017

The staff at Andover Medical Centre very much appreciates your kind review.

Faye Raymer gave Andover Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Beat doctors I've ever been to.

This is an amazing doctors surgery always come out of there with a smile on my face due to being well treated and feeling like me and my daughter are actually cared about. I feel away at times to going there in clusters and feeling like they might see me as over anxious they never do and remind me it's normal as a first time mum. Went there today due to me having a really bad chest and the doctor treated me and also suspected asthma and after 27 years no doctor has ever expected it. They go above and beyond to make sure your well cared for. Also even with emergency appointments your never waiting to long. A few improvements are needed such as test results times and when your waiting at the surgery for them to have a louder thing yo tell you the doctor is ready for you

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Andover Medical Centre replied on 21 December 2017

The practice appreciates the kind review points outlined with this review. unfortunately test result times can vary depending on the type of test, cultures can take longer than standard blood tests for example. We will see if we can raise the volume of the patient calling system for you as well.