Sternhall Lane Surgery

02076393553 12 Sternhall Lane, Peckahm , London, Greater London, SE15 4NT

nasima sultana gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 1 stars

angry

I had my appointment today and for the first time since being with the surgery felt uncomfortable with the dr I was seen by. he kept coming to close to me, making comments about my mood. I left hrurriedly as it was ittitating for me

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 14 September 2018

Although we welcome, and actively encourage, patients to use this forum we are sometimes limited in the extent of our responses given its sensitivity and the need to protect patient confidentiality. I was pleased, therefore, to note you have also written to us, and we will be investigating the premise of your complaint and replying direct.

Senior Business & Registered CQC Manager for Hurley Group

Never enough doctors

They may have quite a number of doctors on payroll but there is never enough on duty to cover the number of patients. Tried call at 8am to book a same day appointment (as specifically told to do by the receptionist) only to be told there are no doctors available today. How can you call it a doctors’ surgery when there aren’t any doctors available? It’s impossible to book an advance appointment for a baby within a few days, you have to call on the day and chance it and as for booking an adult appointment, ha, don’t make me laugh. I rarely need one but the last time I had to book one there was a three week wait. I’m lucky in that I work part time so I have more flexibility to take what I’m offered. I dread to think how anyone who works full time manages to be seen.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery has not yet replied.

Amy gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 1 stars

This surgery is a joke, they make seeing a dr impossible

Yet again disgusting treatment from Sternhall Surgery tried to book appt for my 2yo asthmatic yesterday was completely refused an appt. Had to call for emergency appt this morning, got one so booked a few hours off work. Checked in with my son told Surgery running an HOUR late so had to leave to get back to work without actually having my son see anyone, and getting the flack for it from work anyway. Now really worried about my son and have got in trouble about work for no reason. Brilliant. Tried to make a complaint about this the team that work there refused to let me even make the complaint there and then. This surgery is a disgrace I can’t think of a time I have actually been able to get an appointment when I need one. Why even bother giving out appointments this place is run like a joke. Sort it out.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience at the practice.

I am sorry to hear that you felt your treatment at the practice was unsatisfactory. I have spoken to the staff that were present at the time of your son’s appointment in order to ascertain what happened. Unfortunately the GP who your son was due to see was unable to attend work at very short notice. We therefore covered this GPs clinic however this resulted in the clinic running late. I understand that when you arrived for your son’s appointment the reception team informed you of this. You were unhappy that the clinic was running late and wanted to make a complaint. I had left for the day so you spoke to the Reception Supervisor who explained the situation and provided you with the complaints procedure. I am sorry that you saw this as a refusal to allow you to make a complaint as this was not the case. The staff did their best to advise you and aid you during this time and can understand how frustrating the situation must have been.

I note that you also mentioned that your son was refused an appointment. Upon running an audit on the computer system I can see that when you called yesterday your son was booked an appointment.

I hope that your son is feeling better, if you still feel he needs to be seen I would encourage you to rearrange his appointment.

If you would like to discuss this further then please do contact me as I am happy to discuss over the phone or meet.

Kind Regards,

Stephanie Smith
Practice Manager

Refused appointment yet again

I am just about ready to give up on this surgery all together. My partner spent Wednesday evening in agony with a haemmeroid and was awake all night. I phoned the surgery at 8.30 am to ask for an emergency appointment and was completely refused an appointment. The surgery tried to fob me off to A&E; I don’t know how I would have got my partner there he was in so much pain. I then phoned Nunhead Gardens surgery and begged them for an appointment they explained that Sternhall Lane are not allowed to refuse their patient an appointment. It’s ridiculous I didn’t know what to do. In the end I shelled out to get my partner a private GP appointment. Today he is having emergency surgery. I don’t have words to express the apathy and negligence of the people I am forced to deal with at Sternhall Surgery. They should have seen my partner. He was refused a GP appointment when he needed emergency treatment. If I hadn’t paid myself to get him a private GP appointment god knows what would have happened. Sternhall Lane Surgery are failing their patients and negating the whole point of the NHS. They are not there for their patients when they need them.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 30 July 2018

We welcome all feedback as it informs our actions and helps us improve, but we also reserve the right to challenge any comments that do not represent the facts, as is the case here. Our records are made contemporaneously, not from memory nor with hindsight and the events as described above do not reflect what happened when you called. You were clearly agitated by your partners condition and asked for an emergency appointment as your partner had a hernia and was “screaming in pain” your words! The receptionist advised A+E was the best place to take him, preferably by ambulance. GP surgeries are not equipped with either the medical expertise or the equipment to deal with what you described, but instead of accepting this was to ensure your partner received the most appropriate treatment, in a timely manner, you resorted to abusing the staff intent on helping you! The fact you state your partner ended up needing emergency surgery proves the advice given was correct. If you did approach another primary care provider, and relate the facts, as told to us, I am very surprised they too, did not recommend hospital as the most appropriate course of action and will be asking them why.

This is not the first time you have used this forum to post unsubstantiated versions of your interaction with the Practice and it is of concern to all the team that there is no positive patient/practice relationship in place. Consequently we have written to you offering the opportunity to meet up with our senior staff, in the hope of addressing all your issues, and moving forward in a way that benefits us all, but particularly you and your family, as despite your comments to the contrary, your well being is our primary consideration. If you do not want to arrange this direct with the local team you can make contact as follows:-

The Senior Business & CQC Manager
The Hurley Group
M 07872992501

Appalling GP service

After suffering multiple miscarriages I have been refused a referral to the early fetal medicine team at a local hospital who are looking after me. The consistent refusal from the GPs at Sternhall is directly obstructing me in getting urgent medical care that I need. It is not acceptable. I have been trying to get this referral and some blood tests to go with it for over a month now. I am losing my mind with the level of assertiveness required to try to acheieve a very basic standard of care from the awful team at Sternhall Lane

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 28 July 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 30 July 2018

Although we encourage all patients to use this forum to provide feed back we will, as allowed, also use it to refute untruths/misrepresentations as is happening here. This is one of a number of recent postings by the same person where we can demonstrate the content aims to put our service in a negative light without any substantiation, and contrary to the contemporaneous records. In this instance the patient asked for a letter to state things not in evidence, and we have made numerous efforts to engage with and discuss her needs so we can provide her with what evers necessary for her well being. To date she has refused all relevant contact.

Down hill

This surgery seems to have deteriorated over the last year. Unable to secure 7am appointments with a GP. The GP who I’ve seen twice seems uninterested, detached and a bit supercilious. Once it was possible to attain an early 7am slit with a GP, but now that’s gone. Can’t get appointments for upto 3-4 weeks nowadays andv wnen you do attend, the waite is always over time.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 11 August 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery has not yet replied.

Eaton gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Extremely Difficult To get appointment

The telephone service and booking availability are extremely poor at best. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get through on the telephone.
They have no flexibility to booked emergency or rearrange appointments. On the last few occasions they only provide me with a three weeks waiting time for appointment slot. They promise to put you on the cancellation list and never follow-up.

I'm a patient to this practise for 21 years and finding it dishearten with the overall service.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your experience at the practice.
I am sorry to hear that you have had trouble getting through on the phone. We work hard to ensure that the phones are covered by an adequate amount of staff at all times to avoid long waits for patients, however there are busier times of the day where the wait time does increase. I will continue to monitor the phone wait times and increase cover where needed to ensure you have an improved experience next time you contact us.
I appreciate that there are times when there is a longer wait for a routine appointment than we would like. For this reason we offer a number of alternative solutions for patients who are unable to wait to be seen, for example eConsults, telephone consultations and telephone triage. The current wait for a routine appointment is less than two weeks. We offer the cancellation list as an option to patients but do explain that there is no guarantee that we will have a cancellation.
I am sorry to hear that you feel disheartened and would be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you further either over the phone or face to face.
Stephanie Smith
Practice Manager

The worst GP surgery!

Went for an appointment and was made to wait over an hour after appointment time. Nurse was very rude, and did not even post me my results like she had confirmed she would. Called a month later chasing for results, to be told, they do not post letters and i should come to the surgery to collect. I was advised at the appointment my results would be posted. No phone call or any contact. Receptionists are very rude and not helpful! I would not recommend this surgery. This has put me off GP surgeries, not that i was fond in the first place! Very traumatising experience!!!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 13 March 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our NHS Choices page. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and am sorry for the frustration and anger this may have caused you.
I have spoken to the nurse in question and to her recollection you was unhappy with the length of time you had to wait to be seen. Unfortunately when patients arrive late for their appointments and still ask to be seen this has a knock-on effect on the way her whole clinic will run for the rest of that session.
The Nurse recalls that she tried to explain the reason for this but you were not happy with her explanation. The Nurse is sorry that you felt that she was rude; she meant to be informative and did not mean this to come across as unhelpful.
I have also spoken to the receptionist whom you dealt with and she assures me that she did all she could to assist you. If this was not your perception of events then she apologises as it was never her intention to be unhelpful or rude.
With regards to your results I have written to you with a full explanation of events which I will not add on here due to confidentiality.
If you have any further problems please do not hesitate to contact me (Stephanie Smith, Practice Operations Manager) at the surgery.

Embarrassingly horrible

Doctors are always late-they keep you waiting at least half an hour before seeing you-but if you're barely 10 min late for your appointment they won't see you or you ll be invited to have a "consultation on phone" instead. Also the opening hours are not updated on internet so my boyfriend got there to get prescription but it was closed already. He rang the bell and explained that he just needed the prescription, which he needed urgently by the way, and that it was their mistake to put wrong opening times on internet anyway. They laugh at his face and just hung up; so now he will have to go to the emergency thing to ask for his medicines. I thought Italian services were not so good or well organised but they are excellent compared to this.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 18 January 2018

We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service that you have received here at the surgery.
I have checked the surgery website, www.sternhalllanesurgery.co.uk and the opening times on there are correct, I believe what your partner was looking at was Google which does in fact have the incorrect opening hours listed, many thanks for pointing this out I will raise this with google.
When a GP clinic is running late it is commonly because one of their patients has needed a little more time that allocated, unfortunately we must stick to the 10minute late rule as the clinics would never end and this would make for unsafe practice. We do try our best to accommodate the patients’ needs by offering a telephone consultation if the matter is urgent.
If you would like to discuss this comment any further then please contact the surgery and ask for Stephanie, the Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Heath

The staff, doctors , nurses are all brilliant:
- always friendly
- very helpful- going beyond the usual to help
- cheerful
- thorough

I would like to thank you all for helping me & my daugther and taking good care of us when we are unwell.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 January 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 26 January 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a kind and friendly review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you receive.