Sternhall Lane Surgery

02076393553 12 Sternhall Lane, Peckahm , London, Greater London, SE15 4NT

Eaton gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Extremely Difficult To get appointment

The telephone service and booking availability are extremely poor at best. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get through on the telephone.
They have no flexibility to booked emergency or rearrange appointments. On the last few occasions they only provide me with a three weeks waiting time for appointment slot. They promise to put you on the cancellation list and never follow-up.

I'm a patient to this practise for 21 years and finding it dishearten with the overall service.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery has not yet replied.

The worst GP surgery!

Went for an appointment and was made to wait over an hour after appointment time. Nurse was very rude, and did not even post me my results like she had confirmed she would. Called a month later chasing for results, to be told, they do not post letters and i should come to the surgery to collect. I was advised at the appointment my results would be posted. No phone call or any contact. Receptionists are very rude and not helpful! I would not recommend this surgery. This has put me off GP surgeries, not that i was fond in the first place! Very traumatising experience!!!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 13 March 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our NHS Choices page. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and am sorry for the frustration and anger this may have caused you.
I have spoken to the nurse in question and to her recollection you was unhappy with the length of time you had to wait to be seen. Unfortunately when patients arrive late for their appointments and still ask to be seen this has a knock-on effect on the way her whole clinic will run for the rest of that session.
The Nurse recalls that she tried to explain the reason for this but you were not happy with her explanation. The Nurse is sorry that you felt that she was rude; she meant to be informative and did not mean this to come across as unhelpful.
I have also spoken to the receptionist whom you dealt with and she assures me that she did all she could to assist you. If this was not your perception of events then she apologises as it was never her intention to be unhelpful or rude.
With regards to your results I have written to you with a full explanation of events which I will not add on here due to confidentiality.
If you have any further problems please do not hesitate to contact me (Stephanie Smith, Practice Operations Manager) at the surgery.

Embarrassingly horrible

Doctors are always late-they keep you waiting at least half an hour before seeing you-but if you're barely 10 min late for your appointment they won't see you or you ll be invited to have a "consultation on phone" instead. Also the opening hours are not updated on internet so my boyfriend got there to get prescription but it was closed already. He rang the bell and explained that he just needed the prescription, which he needed urgently by the way, and that it was their mistake to put wrong opening times on internet anyway. They laugh at his face and just hung up; so now he will have to go to the emergency thing to ask for his medicines. I thought Italian services were not so good or well organised but they are excellent compared to this.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 18 January 2018

We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service that you have received here at the surgery.
I have checked the surgery website, www.sternhalllanesurgery.co.uk and the opening times on there are correct, I believe what your partner was looking at was Google which does in fact have the incorrect opening hours listed, many thanks for pointing this out I will raise this with google.
When a GP clinic is running late it is commonly because one of their patients has needed a little more time that allocated, unfortunately we must stick to the 10minute late rule as the clinics would never end and this would make for unsafe practice. We do try our best to accommodate the patients’ needs by offering a telephone consultation if the matter is urgent.
If you would like to discuss this comment any further then please contact the surgery and ask for Stephanie, the Practice Manager.

Heath

The staff, doctors , nurses are all brilliant:
- always friendly
- very helpful- going beyond the usual to help
- cheerful
- thorough

I would like to thank you all for helping me & my daugther and taking good care of us when we are unwell.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 January 2018

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 26 January 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a kind and friendly review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you receive.

Miriam Gilbert gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service in this busy practice

Despite the practice being a very busy inner city one, the staff, both administrative and medical are brilliant:
- always friendly
- very helpful- going beyond the usual to help
- cheerful
- thorough

I am very happy to have registered my family here!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 03 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely comment on here. Its always nice to know our hard work is being noticed. Your kind words have been passed to the whole team who are always grateful for feedback.

Blood test

I have a serious phobia of blood tests - a result of a bad experience several years ago. Every blood test I've had since then has ended in fainting spells and hysteria, and I am always afraid to book an appointment. I booked with the member of staff very easily, no problem getting an appointment. The member of staff was so kind and patient and made me feel so comfortable in their care. This was the first blood test in years where I didn't faint, and I'm sure it's due to this member of staffs care and professionalism. Highly recommend if you have needle phobias and I will certainly be coming back. Thanks!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 07 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We do have a very good phlebotomist here and she is often praised for how at ease and comfortable she makes the patients during the test. Glad to hear you didn't faint this time!

Great little surgery!

Recently joined this practice and am new to the area.
My registration was completed the same day! Another surgery not far from this one told me I had to wait a week for my forms to be completed!
I was able to get treatment via a telephone consultation the same day and was left feeling overall very satisfied with my whole experience.
The reception team was very helpful and accommodating and knew exactely what to do to help me.
Would like to say thank you!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 03 November 2017

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to post this. We always welcome feedback at the practice and to know we are getting it right for our patients is always great to hear.

Anonymous gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Poor service

I have recently registered here and called up to make an appointment to get my travel vaccinations and antimalarials. I was told to go in and complete a form, after which I will get contacted.

More than three weeks later i still have not heard a thing from them and have already sorted out my vaccinations elsewhere but it should have been seen as more urgent since i am travelling next week!

I had an appointment here with one of the doctors last week and it was very frustrating. I didn't feel listened to, was given a prescription for something i didn't need or want and i was rushed out of the door. I left the appointment knowing little more than i did when i went in. I could have done better self-diagnosing myself and there was actually no point in having the appointment at all. It did just feel a waste of time.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 29 March 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to complete this comment.
Please contact the surgery manager, Stephanie to discuss this matter further.

extremely disatisfied

I attended the surgery this week to see the asthma nurse. On arrival at the practice, I noted one of the receptionist to be on their mobile phones, which counteract the comment you placed in one of your previous responsesreporting; that you have a mobile phone policy in place, obviously this is not being adheared too. The receptionist called out from the other side of the room can I help you and asked what my name was, to which I responded, they then shouted out can you repeat that and asked for my date of birth. This I found to be a breach of patient confidentiality as I did not wish for all and sundry to know my date of birth. Being on a mobile phone and shouting across the room is far from profession and there I feel that further training on how to conduct ones self is highly required. Secondly, I went in to see the asthma nurse who I felt was not listening to a single word I said, so much so that I felt like walking out of the room. I felt belittled and made to feel that I am wasting NHS time. I do not attend the surgery regularly and tend to present to the pharmacy for self care before asking to see a GP. The nurse in question needs to be advised that they should listen to what a patient is saying rather than repetively asking the same question over and over again, and to my amazement; called the GP who referred me stupid on more than one occasion.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 29 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the surgery.
I would like to look into the matters you have raised and to do so will need you to contact the surgery. Please call 0207 639 6640 and ask to speak to the Practice Manager, Stephanie with regards to your NHS Choices comments.
Many thanks

Anonymous gave Sternhall Lane Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Front line staff

I attended the surgery yesterday and stood at the reception counter for 35 seconds before one of the two receptionist (both on their mobile phones) noticed I was standing there, along with two other patients, both were elderly and; one wheelchair bound. Neither receptionist got up from their desks, but bellowed over 'Can I help you'. I understand that mobile phones are the thing of the future but a little more respect and attention to patients would not go a miss. I work in a practice and therefore it does not look good nor professional to see this, and the fact that as in most surgeries, there is a lot of work to do which could be undertaken and time put to good use if receptionists' were not on their phones during working hours or indeed in front of patient view. We are trying to stop patients complaining about the state of the NHS, so we should not really be adding to it.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Sternhall Lane Surgery replied on 08 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience here at the practice.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the reception team using their mobile phones whilst you and other patients were waiting at the desk. Upon receiving your comment I spoke to the team and am reassured that this is not common place however I can confirm that this will not happen again. We have a mobile phone usage policy which we do our best to adhere to and I will endeavour to ensure that this is the case.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I hope you have an improved experience during your next visit.