Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

01612245555 270 Dickenson Road, Longsight , Manchester, Greater Manchester, M13 0YL

Anonymous reviewed Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

Very rude obnoxious receptionist

Visited surgery earlier this year and again in June 2017 and found out that receptionist some of them are very rude even the new receptionist they need a lesson or two on how to speak to people they want to treat patients as if you're dumb I find that a lot of times receptionist fabricate their own stories to suit themselves when in truth and in fact doctors knows nothing about their fabricated stories then they will come to tell u oh it's wat the doctor say when doctor doesn't know nothing about what was said

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good GP practice but they need to brush their mannerisms

This is a good surgery...appointments are always available either online or via phone...has plenty of parking space outside the surgery..waiting time for the appointment is fine too...the only thing which i dont like is the behaviour of the staff eg the receptionists are not friendly at all whether you ring them or see them at the reception...same are the doctors..they are knowledgeable but are abrupt and dont appear humble and seem like in a hurry.....the midwife staff are an exception though as they were lovely when i was there during my pregnancy.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

ann gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

fantastic

Had a really bad couple of years. both the doctor and the .sister could not have treated me better. they have listened, treated me and more important really cared. Without them both dont think i would be here now . thank you both, really appreciate.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 13 March 2017

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Bad experience

Few times a terrible experience.

The first time I called regarding a great stomach pain and i was advised a doctor would call me back. The doctor did and advised that i might be contagious and it was best for me not to come. The prescription was "water and biscuits"... I ended up being transferred to the hospital urgently after fainting from pain.
I had a stomach virus.

Second time I went for a bone moving in my foot I'm an unusual way. The GP advised that they could not see anything wrong (even though the bone could be moved by hand). I had X ray where I was advised nothing was wrong either.
As I couldn't walk normally and was quite in pain I flew back to my county of origin only for this, where I managed to have in 24h an appointment with an osteopath (does not exist in the UK), a podiatrist (had to wait 5 months in the UK) and in a radiology centre.
All found that I had a dislocated articulation and broken bone.

I had one stitch to remove behind my hear lobe, one. I would have done it myself but being in a place I could not see I asked for an appointment to get it removed. I was told that they did not have the equipment to do so ?!?!?! meaning a small pair of scissors and twizlers? I had to got to the hospital for this. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure the hospital had nothing better to do.

One last thing, I've asked for help to quit smoking and was greatful to be given a treatment for a very good price but the GP never checked my blood pressure, tention or anything before giving me the treatment and I ended up doing tachycardia with the patches provided.

I will definitely never recommend this practice.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

disgusted

I have a variety of comments to make and I am very sorry that this practice seems to be in decline, I have been a patient for over 23 years and so has my family and up until recently all had been good. My main problems began in december when I went with my youngest daughter to the practice over a stomach complaint, the doctor she saw examined her and told her her stomach was normal there was nothing to feel and the doctor began treating her for irritable bowel syndrome, a few weeks lateer at the beginning on this year she gave birth to a 6lb1oz baby boy at 36 weeks, this means she was 32 weeks pregnant when she saw the doctor, even hospital said the doctor should have felt baby. Thne this past Friday she went to collect 2 prescriptions for herself and baby, staff were very rude and had only done one, she was told to come back the chemist refused to fill prescription as the pharmacist said it was wrong for baby. She went back to doctors on 3rd attempt eventually got prescriptions but on having them filled has no found that the baby's cannot be given to him as it is not for children under 4 months. What is going on, she is completely distraught and feels completely let down, her treatment by reception staff was disgusting. Luckily her elder sister was with her on Friday. But I now have to make another complaint on Monday about the medication prescribed. I will be insisting that only the GP that I trust prescribes for my grandson

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 29 January 2017

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 30 January 2017

I am very grateful for you for taking the time to your experiences of our practice as we value comments from patients in order to improve the services that we provide.
I have spoken to you this morning and hope to see you this afternoon as planned to discuss this further.
Karen Cullen - Practice Manager

Abigail gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fab Practice

There is honestly little I can fault this practice on other than the occasional lack of appointments - which is a national issue and not the fault of Ailsa Craig. All the staff are friendly and helpful and the doctors and nurses really know their stuff, which is exactly what you want when your feeling poorly. They even took the time to accommodate me when I had to go on an emergency trip and needed injections which saved me shelling out on getting them done private. Thanks Ailsa Craig

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 01 September 2016

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 13 March 2017

Bucephalus gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Nice

My first thoughts were "it's a bit small and slightly unorthodox in setting" but over time I've found that they are really good when it matters. My doctor is really supportive and I feel like I have someone on my side. There was an occasion when I made a massive error by failing to repeat my prescription in good time and they managed to help me out. They really saved my bacon because I otherwise would have been leaving the country for two weeks without some very important medication. Also my wife would have killed me. Parking's not always easy but I often walk instead. I need the exercise.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 14 July 2016

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 19 August 2016

Thank you for your kind review of your recent treatment at Ailsa Craig Medical Practice. We are pleased you are happy with the service we provide and we appreciate your positive feedback. We are also glad to hear you received your medication in time to go on holiday!

Dawn Jeng gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

my opinion

On the whole I am treated well, on occassion the reception staff can be a bit rude in their attitude, new staff are worse, there used to be a good reception group of staff who would chat and ask how you were, unfortunately they have moved on and their replacements have a lot to learn about customer care! I have a preference of the doctor, the one I see if brilliant and has been there for many years, I worry terribly about what will happen when they may leave, and who I will see then. The doctor who I have been listed as being my doctor is not a people person and has no "bedside manner", is not commpassionate or helpful, so I will not accept an appointment with this doctor. There is a new doctor that I have seen once, before maternity leave and I was quite impressed with the attitude and care given. Now I have become used to the Nurse I don't have a problem, I also like the Healthcare professional. So one the hole I think the practice is good and careing.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 14 August 2016

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 19 August 2016

We thank you very much for your response as we value all feedback whether it is good or bad. If you would like to get in touch with the Practice Manager regarding your complaints we would very much appreciate it, as it will help us to offer a better service to yourself and to our other patients.

Anonymous reviewed Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

horrible rude receptionists and GPs who don't explain anything

I have been going to this GP practice for number of years and have seen unprofessional rude behaviour from reception staff towards patients and myself! I think this is disgusting as they staffs are not following the NMC guidelines and terribly failing on 'treat patients with dignity and respect'. The GPs will see patients prescribe medication but would not explain the diagnosis! i doubt they know the diagnosis themselves! they would give baseline treatment and hope the patients will not come back. ringing for a telephone consultation is impossible because they are sat at der desk doing nothing! the receptionists really do need upto date training on verbal communication and showing abit of empathy!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 18 March 2016

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 18 March 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback. We sincerely apologise that your recent experience at Ailsa Craig was a bad one, however we appreciate your comments and hope to use them positively to ensure we improve our service and provide all our patients with the best possible service we can. Unfortunately as you have not left any contact details we will be unable to discuss this matter with you any further, however if you wish to discuss your grievances with the Practice Manager, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Ozzie A. gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant from making the appointment to the end

I was recently flying abroad on business and overlooked that I needed a certain vaccination to get a visa and enter the country. I called up the surgery quite stressed to make an appointment and was told to come first thing in the morning by a helpful receptionist.

The doctor I saw, very emphatically saw me before their surgery actually had begun and did not judge me for leaving it late. They truly went beyond their boundary and gave me the necessary vaccinations. It certainly saved a lot of stress for me and essentially allowed me to be able to make the trip.

I definitely recommend this practice to everyone and am certain any potential patients reading my review will have an experience as good as mine.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 15 June 2016

Thank you for your kind review of your recent treatment at Ailsa Craig Medical Practice. We appreciate your positive feedback and are very pleased you were happy with the service you received at the practice. We are glad to hear that you would recommend the practice to others.