Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

01612245555 270 Dickenson Road, Longsight , Manchester, Greater Manchester, M13 0YL

fed_up_patient gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

One GP is unsympathetic, not someone you want to confide in.

Some GPs here are OK, but there is one GP in this practice that I dislike. I visited this GP with my 5-years old. I suspect my child has kiwi allergy and I was advised to visit GP to have this investigated by allergy specialist. My child once ate kiwi (but also dozen other foods) and vomited later at night. On another occasion he ate kiwi (and again many other foods) and woke up in the morning with a face swollen all over. I started suspecting my child could be allergic to kiwi. When I told GP, all I was told is that if I THINK he is allergic to kiwi then do not eat it, that's it. I was told there is no prick test, they do NOT do any tests to confirm kiwi allergy. I said that I'm not even sure whether those reactions that he had were really from eating kiwi but again the GP just sent us away saying "just do not eat it, avoid eating it if you think it's kiwi. Your child is old enough to know what he's eating and can easily avoid eating it". Well, when I'm not even sure whether he is allergic to kiwi, why should my child be avoiding eating it? Sometimes there is an underlying problem (eg. virus in the body) that can cause body to overreact to certain foods at the time but may have no problems eating it later, it really doesn't have to be allergy. Just because the GP later heard me to mutter when I was leaving that she is " just wasting my time like usually" she suddenly changed her mind and said that my child can be then referred to the immunology if I want.Of course I want! But why do I have to beg for a referral and argue with her to have my child actually referred when needed?

What strikes me most is that on NHS website it says clearly that they DO a prick test for kiwi fruit and they DO a blood test to help diagnose kiwi allergy. They also often use fresh kiwi for a prick test. This GP told me there is NO prick test for testing kiwi allergy, and that a blood test would be very unreliable so they don't do it. Either the GP has no knowledge or is deliberately misleading patients. I don't trust this GP. On many occasions this GP displayed no understanding or sympathy. In the past, I sprained my ankle. It was sore for another 6 months, it was wobbly. I went to see this GP-again it's nothing, she said she can see my ankle really is "weak" but it can take up to 6 months to heal. I mentioned it's been 6 months already but I was sent away telling me it's "nothing". My ankle was hurting, often "giving way", wobbly. Some weeks later my ankle gave way on the stairs-I fell down and fractured 3 bones in this ankle. Another time I saw this GP, I was suffering with serious backache for weeks, couldn't sleep at night from horrible pain. GP: "it's your fault, buy yourself yoga dvd, good bye". It makes you feel like you want to jump out of the window because you are in terrible pain but again no understanding is shown from GP's side. You don't feel like you can confide to her any intimate health problems. This GP is so unsympathetic, very unpleasant to talk to

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very rude receptionist

Receptionists very rude want to speak to you any how when u object they threaten you to tell you they Ave the power to get you barred from the surgery always new staff with little or no training always make decisions without practice manager knowing about it . receptionists always gossiping about patients results and also about doctors reading out your test results so everyone in the surgery can hear I find that they are not at all professionals one member of staff was very rude to me last week .

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thanx

One particular doctor is a special doctor. Caring supportive and is exceptional thank you. He looks after my sister and dad, he is brilliant

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

mark e gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

excelent practice

brilliant practice all the doctors are very polite and caring the receptionist
are fab to nothing is to much for them , always willing to help and always give u a ring back if needed . well done.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

Mr Mark Keightley gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

5* Salaried GP!

With respect to "all staff" at this surgery, Without a certain Salaried GP, there may well be a possibility that patient numbers would fall.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 27 January 2018

Kenny gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful, a brilliant GP

I needed help with a fairly urgent medical problem and was fitted in quickly and seen by my doctor twice. The treatment options were well explained to me and I was given input in the decision making. My doctor was kind and sensitive, but forthright and honest as well. Everyone worked hard to give me the help I needed.

Would certainly recommend to anybody

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Anonymous reviewed Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

Very rude obnoxious receptionist

Visited surgery earlier this year and again in June 2017 and found out that receptionist some of them are very rude even the new receptionist they need a lesson or two on how to speak to people they want to treat patients as if you're dumb I find that a lot of times receptionist fabricate their own stories to suit themselves when in truth and in fact doctors knows nothing about their fabricated stories then they will come to tell u oh it's wat the doctor say when doctor doesn't know nothing about what was said

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good GP practice but they need to brush their mannerisms

This is a good surgery...appointments are always available either online or via phone...has plenty of parking space outside the surgery..waiting time for the appointment is fine too...the only thing which i dont like is the behaviour of the staff eg the receptionists are not friendly at all whether you ring them or see them at the reception...same are the doctors..they are knowledgeable but are abrupt and dont appear humble and seem like in a hurry.....the midwife staff are an exception though as they were lovely when i was there during my pregnancy.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

ann gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

fantastic

Had a really bad couple of years. both the doctor and the .sister could not have treated me better. they have listened, treated me and more important really cared. Without them both dont think i would be here now . thank you both, really appreciate.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Ailsa Craig Medical Centre replied on 13 March 2017

Thank you for your kind review of your recent treatment at Ailsa Craig Medical Practice. We appreciate your positive feedback and are very pleased you were happy with the service you received at the practice.

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Bad experience

Few times a terrible experience.

The first time I called regarding a great stomach pain and i was advised a doctor would call me back. The doctor did and advised that i might be contagious and it was best for me not to come. The prescription was "water and biscuits"... I ended up being transferred to the hospital urgently after fainting from pain.
I had a stomach virus.

Second time I went for a bone moving in my foot I'm an unusual way. The GP advised that they could not see anything wrong (even though the bone could be moved by hand). I had X ray where I was advised nothing was wrong either.
As I couldn't walk normally and was quite in pain I flew back to my county of origin only for this, where I managed to have in 24h an appointment with an osteopath (does not exist in the UK), a podiatrist (had to wait 5 months in the UK) and in a radiology centre.
All found that I had a dislocated articulation and broken bone.

I had one stitch to remove behind my hear lobe, one. I would have done it myself but being in a place I could not see I asked for an appointment to get it removed. I was told that they did not have the equipment to do so ?!?!?! meaning a small pair of scissors and twizlers? I had to got to the hospital for this. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure the hospital had nothing better to do.

One last thing, I've asked for help to quit smoking and was greatful to be given a treatment for a very good price but the GP never checked my blood pressure, tention or anything before giving me the treatment and I ended up doing tachycardia with the patches provided.

I will definitely never recommend this practice.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017