Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

01612245555 270 Dickenson Road, Longsight , Manchester, Greater Manchester, M13 0YL

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

they never amswer the phone

This practice is shocking the doctors on the whole have no time to spend with there patients its a numbers game 10 mins max.I have been on a number of occasions for different reasons and I can safety say you would be better of googling your problems or like the rest of the family going to the Aand E.
If you smoke or are overweight they get great joy in making you feel like everything is your fault even if its a pain in your foot so avoid if you can.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 28 August 2018

fed_up_patient gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

One GP is unsympathetic, not someone you want to confide in.

Some GPs here are OK, but there is one GP in this practice that I dislike. I visited this GP with my 5-years old. I suspect my child has kiwi allergy and I was advised to visit GP to have this investigated by allergy specialist. My child once ate kiwi (but also dozen other foods) and vomited later at night. On another occasion he ate kiwi (and again many other foods) and woke up in the morning with a face swollen all over. I started suspecting my child could be allergic to kiwi. When I told GP, all I was told is that if I THINK he is allergic to kiwi then do not eat it, that's it. I was told there is no prick test, they do NOT do any tests to confirm kiwi allergy. I said that I'm not even sure whether those reactions that he had were really from eating kiwi but again the GP just sent us away saying "just do not eat it, avoid eating it if you think it's kiwi. Your child is old enough to know what he's eating and can easily avoid eating it". Well, when I'm not even sure whether he is allergic to kiwi, why should my child be avoiding eating it? Sometimes there is an underlying problem (eg. virus in the body) that can cause body to overreact to certain foods at the time but may have no problems eating it later, it really doesn't have to be allergy. Just because the GP later heard me to mutter when I was leaving that she is " just wasting my time like usually" she suddenly changed her mind and said that my child can be then referred to the immunology if I want.Of course I want! But why do I have to beg for a referral and argue with her to have my child actually referred when needed?

What strikes me most is that on NHS website it says clearly that they DO a prick test for kiwi fruit and they DO a blood test to help diagnose kiwi allergy. They also often use fresh kiwi for a prick test. This GP told me there is NO prick test for testing kiwi allergy, and that a blood test would be very unreliable so they don't do it. Either the GP has no knowledge or is deliberately misleading patients. I don't trust this GP. On many occasions this GP displayed no understanding or sympathy. In the past, I sprained my ankle. It was sore for another 6 months, it was wobbly. I went to see this GP-again it's nothing, she said she can see my ankle really is "weak" but it can take up to 6 months to heal. I mentioned it's been 6 months already but I was sent away telling me it's "nothing". My ankle was hurting, often "giving way", wobbly. Some weeks later my ankle gave way on the stairs-I fell down and fractured 3 bones in this ankle. Another time I saw this GP, I was suffering with serious backache for weeks, couldn't sleep at night from horrible pain. GP: "it's your fault, buy yourself yoga dvd, good bye". It makes you feel like you want to jump out of the window because you are in terrible pain but again no understanding is shown from GP's side. You don't feel like you can confide to her any intimate health problems. This GP is so unsympathetic, very unpleasant to talk to

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very rude receptionist

Receptionists very rude want to speak to you any how when u object they threaten you to tell you they Ave the power to get you barred from the surgery always new staff with little or no training always make decisions without practice manager knowing about it . receptionists always gossiping about patients results and also about doctors reading out your test results so everyone in the surgery can hear I find that they are not at all professionals one member of staff was very rude to me last week .

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thanx

One particular doctor is a special doctor. Caring supportive and is exceptional thank you. He looks after my sister and dad, he is brilliant

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Mr Mark Keightley gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

5* Salaried GP!

With respect to "all staff" at this surgery, Without a certain Salaried GP, there may well be a possibility that patient numbers would fall.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 27 January 2018

mark e gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

excelent practice

brilliant practice all the doctors are very polite and caring the receptionist
are fab to nothing is to much for them , always willing to help and always give u a ring back if needed . well done.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

Kenny gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful, a brilliant GP

I needed help with a fairly urgent medical problem and was fitted in quickly and seen by my doctor twice. The treatment options were well explained to me and I was given input in the decision making. My doctor was kind and sensitive, but forthright and honest as well. Everyone worked hard to give me the help I needed.

Would certainly recommend to anybody

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Noel gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

The best medical centre in Manchester

One particular doctor and his Nursing , Admin staff are highly professional, courteous and always available to help.
The service is very efficient and I would highly recommended it
I have been a patient of this doctor for many years ; initially suffering from Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma but now have been in remission for 15 years.
I am closely followed up every year by this doctor and his team and it isalways a pleasure to see them.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 21 September 2018

Anonymous reviewed Ailsa Craig Medical Centre

Very rude obnoxious receptionist

Visited surgery earlier this year and again in June 2017 and found out that receptionist some of them are very rude even the new receptionist they need a lesson or two on how to speak to people they want to treat patients as if you're dumb I find that a lot of times receptionist fabricate their own stories to suit themselves when in truth and in fact doctors knows nothing about their fabricated stories then they will come to tell u oh it's wat the doctor say when doctor doesn't know nothing about what was said

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Anonymous gave Ailsa Craig Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good GP practice but they need to brush their mannerisms

This is a good surgery...appointments are always available either online or via phone...has plenty of parking space outside the surgery..waiting time for the appointment is fine too...the only thing which i dont like is the behaviour of the staff eg the receptionists are not friendly at all whether you ring them or see them at the reception...same are the doctors..they are knowledgeable but are abrupt and dont appear humble and seem like in a hurry.....the midwife staff are an exception though as they were lovely when i was there during my pregnancy.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017