The Lister Practice

02030498430 Lister Primary Care Centre, 101 Peckham Road, Peckham , London, Greater London, SE15 5LJ

M M gave The Lister Practice a rating of 3 stars

Very nice GP on phone review

I just had a phone review about my mental health. The GP was lovely. She gave me details of councelling services, checked on multiple aspects of my life that could affect my health and made recommendations that I hadn’t even thought of. Lovely compassionate polite woman. I feel confident that she would treat me with dignity if I ever had a crisis.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment on your recent experience with one of our doctors. We will ensure she gets to see it and use it across the Group to reinforce our ethos of patient centered care.

Lorna M gave The Lister Practice a rating of 4 stars

Usually excellent

We've been with this practice for many years, and been very well looked after overall.

The systems of getting appointments seem to have changed quite frequently, and it's sometimes been difficult and frustrating to get through and get an appointment.

However most of the time we've been able to see a doctor promptly. And always when urgent care was needed (for young children, or once a suspected stroke).

It's nearly always a different doctor, but all members of the family have had excellent and careful attention. Which is what matters most.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 23 July 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of our services. We appreciate too how frustrating the telephone access can be at times but it is not, as is sometimes thought, due to it being ignored or insufficient staff availability. The system is in need of an upgrade and we are in negotiation with the landlords in the hope of resolving.

Changing gp

No one answers the phone, it just rings out. I’m changing gp at this point.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for posting this comment though we are obviously sorry to note you have had problems with access. There is an issue with the telephone system throughout the building and we are working with the landlords to address it. I can assure yu we have staff dedicated to call handling throughout all 10,5hrs of opening time and we do not let phones ring out. Unfortunately the system can have dropped a caller before we can get to them in the queue. This will appear to the caller as if we have cut them off One way in which we are trying to address this is with on-line booking, which is available 24 hrs a day. If you think this is a solution suitable for you please call the mobile below, leave a message and you will be called back.

Senior Business & CQC Manager
M 07872992501

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

Never get through to book an appointment

I have been trying to call for a week to book an appointment and I can never get through to speak to some one. I’m getting sicker and sicker and unable to get to the GP to book in person which I shouldn’t have to.

Do you not have another phone that we can contact to make an appointment. This is not 1950 this is 2018, never heard of sick a poor service from a GP

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

A long list of administrative errors.

While I was pregnant the surgery lost two sets of urine samples that I gave them. It took them weeks to even tell me.
The survey forgot to refer my husband on to a specialist that the GP had given him a referral for.
They are consistently late, sometimes by up to 45 mins.
that frequently cannot give me a doctor's appointment for up to three weeks.
When I complained, I was promised a call by the practice manager. She never called me.
I didn't feel I could rely on the surgery for care during my pregnancy, and so I relied on community midwives and King's College Hospital, who were excellent. I didn't visit the surgery once other than to give the two urine samples, which they lost.
Now having had my baby, I do not want to rely on the surgery for care for my family, and so we have decided to move surgeries.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude staff and always rude

I started stop smoking program with this surgery and in middle of my course they stopped my prescription twice. Staff was sending me back and forth over and over which wasted my time and energy. Still were not able to resolve problem.

Staff is always in extreme anxiety and rude. I saw them shouting on other patients specially kids.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

Practice does not read correspondence

Sent an email for a modified amount of medicine because the GP has a habit of hitting print instead of reading what I actually need. I clearly laid out how many pills I needed and today discovered i've been given too much of one and not enough of the other.

I went at 5.30pm to speak to reception and was told there was no one to help despite the practice shutting at 8pm. I was told to send another email despite the content of my emails being ignored. I have been telling the practice for months that I am leaving the country for an extended period and have been assured at every point that when i asked I would get the amount of medicine I needed. Today I was told that this was not possible, that the GP only issues in 1 month batches. For some reason the receptionist assumed I was after contraceptives and not my usual medication.

The receptionist walked off while I was writing down my prescription and went to do his dishes. He ignored me when I called and asked for the name of the person he said I'd need to phone tomorrow. Another staff member had to give me her name.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Terrible service

No one answers the phone. Can't get help. No appointments. The most disorganised practice I have ever come across. Just awful.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

The least helpful reception staff ever

Incredibly rude and unhelpful reception staff. When I phoned up to say I was pregnant they said I could only have an appointment in next four weeks if I wanted a termination. Didnt know or say that pregnant women can self refer to hospital. Can't answer simple questions like the best way to get a prescription. Very poorly organised and not focused on good service or care. Surgery needs a complete change and retraining of staff.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Pat gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

respect

This practice needs to have more respect for pensioners . Some of the receptionist need to treat patients better.
3 of our family left this practice because we found it hard to get to see dame GP too many leaving .
And a patient with numerous condition should be seen by the same GP to understand a complex case. Also the fact that dressings are being declined for pensioners who can't afford to purchase them . I think it is a disgrace . I wouldn't recommend anyone use this practice unless things changed

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017