Hurley Group Practice

02030498430 Lister Primary Care Centre, 101 Peckham Road, Peckham , London, Greater London, SE15 5LJ

Changing gp

No one answers the phone, it just rings out. I’m changing gp at this point.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Anonymous gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude staff and always rude

I started stop smoking program with this surgery and in middle of my course they stopped my prescription twice. Staff was sending me back and forth over and over which wasted my time and energy. Still were not able to resolve problem.

Staff is always in extreme anxiety and rude. I saw them shouting on other patients specially kids.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Anonymous gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Practice does not read correspondence

Sent an email for a modified amount of medicine because the GP has a habit of hitting print instead of reading what I actually need. I clearly laid out how many pills I needed and today discovered i've been given too much of one and not enough of the other.

I went at 5.30pm to speak to reception and was told there was no one to help despite the practice shutting at 8pm. I was told to send another email despite the content of my emails being ignored. I have been telling the practice for months that I am leaving the country for an extended period and have been assured at every point that when i asked I would get the amount of medicine I needed. Today I was told that this was not possible, that the GP only issues in 1 month batches. For some reason the receptionist assumed I was after contraceptives and not my usual medication.

The receptionist walked off while I was writing down my prescription and went to do his dishes. He ignored me when I called and asked for the name of the person he said I'd need to phone tomorrow. Another staff member had to give me her name.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Terrible service

No one answers the phone. Can't get help. No appointments. The most disorganised practice I have ever come across. Just awful.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Anonymous gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

The least helpful reception staff ever

Incredibly rude and unhelpful reception staff. When I phoned up to say I was pregnant they said I could only have an appointment in next four weeks if I wanted a termination. Didnt know or say that pregnant women can self refer to hospital. Can't answer simple questions like the best way to get a prescription. Very poorly organised and not focused on good service or care. Surgery needs a complete change and retraining of staff.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Pat gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

respect

This practice needs to have more respect for pensioners . Some of the receptionist need to treat patients better.
3 of our family left this practice because we found it hard to get to see dame GP too many leaving .
And a patient with numerous condition should be seen by the same GP to understand a complex case. Also the fact that dressings are being declined for pensioners who can't afford to purchase them . I think it is a disgrace . I wouldn't recommend anyone use this practice unless things changed

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

Jon gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Very poor patient care and experience

I have been a patient with this surgery since it opened some years ago. Whilst they ware also running the walk in centre things were quite good.

Since then getting through on the phone is almost impossible. Getting a convenient time for an appointment requires a three week wait.

using the online appointment system is just not fit for purpose. I tried to use it and was given a random date and time. No choice etc: An appointment in the middle of the day doesn't work for me.

The only way to be assured of getting an appointment is to visit the practice to book an appointment.

Issues about the reception staff being unhelpful and uncaring are true. Whilst I was there a visibly ill and frail person came up and asked for an appointment and was told a date some 2 weeks later. When challenged she then said I will put it on a card for you.

I asked the person I was being dealt with how would someone get an emergency appointment only to be told "yes you have to ring in for one of those". I asked about the number for this and she told me the normal one to call us. As such I then realised that even when someone is presenting as ill and in pain they do not bother to help patients preferring instead to fob them off with an appointment some weeks later.

Clearly if the person is as ill as they appeared they are likely to next be presenting at an A&E and we talk about primary care and integrated care. I have to admit that I was pretty disgusted with the level of service they delivered on this day.

Personally I have difficulty with this practice who seem to constantly be trying to limit access to doctors or nurses. I also have never seen the same GP twice in years and my experience of the last GP was rude as she failed listen. Quite shocking as I am not a demanding or complex patient. She appeared to be tired and irritated to be seeing me. Not a great experience.

Having now put this in writing I have to admit that things are not acceptable at this practice and after 15 years will go and register somewhere else. Good Bye Hurley at the Lister

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 May 2018

Unable to get through

I have been trying to get through by telephone to make an appointment for 4 days and no one has picked up the phone despite calling repeatedly. This is unacceptable.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 January 2018

Missing prescription

Arrived at the surgery this morning and waited ten minutes for a receptionist to show up to the desk (not unusual here) in order to give me the repeat prescription I had ordered online. The receptionist then informed me that my prescription had been sent to a pharmacy that I had last visited about two years ago.

This was done without my knowledge or consent; I usually receive my prescriptions at the surgery - there was no indication whatsoever that the process was somehow about to change. The pharmacy that my prescription had been sent to had received my prescriptions two years ago, but for a different drug and then this had stopped when I stopped this prescription.

The receptionist had no clear explanation for why this has happened, other than 'some doctors do it online [shrug]' and refused me any alternatives even when I explained that I needed my medication today and would not be able to make it across town to the other pharmacy.

This is inept and unprofessional at best - potentially harmful at worst. I have the capacity to be able to cope without medication for a day - other more vulnerable people with more intense conditions might not, and this administrative error would leave them in a potentially dangerous position.

That this prescription was sent to a pharmacy without my knowledge also raises issues of confidentiality and data protection.

This clinic provides good care once you get to see a practitioner, but administratively it is hopeless. Staff appear under-trained and rude, and unable to execute on essential processes.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Sarah gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Surgery!

Thank you to the great reception team, always helping me. I can be a hassle but the receptionist are always very polite and patient. thank use all very much.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017