Hurley Group Practice

02030498430 Lister Primary Care Centre, 101 Peckham Road, Peckham , London, Greater London, SE15 5LJ

Anonymous gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

The least helpful reception staff ever

Incredibly rude and unhelpful reception staff. When I phoned up to say I was pregnant they said I could only have an appointment in next four weeks if I wanted a termination. Didnt know or say that pregnant women can self refer to hospital. Can't answer simple questions like the best way to get a prescription. Very poorly organised and not focused on good service or care. Surgery needs a complete change and retraining of staff.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

Pat gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

respect

This practice needs to have more respect for pensioners . Some of the receptionist need to treat patients better.
3 of our family left this practice because we found it hard to get to see dame GP too many leaving .
And a patient with numerous condition should be seen by the same GP to understand a complex case. Also the fact that dressings are being declined for pensioners who can't afford to purchase them . I think it is a disgrace . I wouldn't recommend anyone use this practice unless things changed

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

Unable to get through

I have been trying to get through by telephone to make an appointment for 4 days and no one has picked up the phone despite calling repeatedly. This is unacceptable.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 January 2018

Missing prescription

Arrived at the surgery this morning and waited ten minutes for a receptionist to show up to the desk (not unusual here) in order to give me the repeat prescription I had ordered online. The receptionist then informed me that my prescription had been sent to a pharmacy that I had last visited about two years ago.

This was done without my knowledge or consent; I usually receive my prescriptions at the surgery - there was no indication whatsoever that the process was somehow about to change. The pharmacy that my prescription had been sent to had received my prescriptions two years ago, but for a different drug and then this had stopped when I stopped this prescription.

The receptionist had no clear explanation for why this has happened, other than 'some doctors do it online [shrug]' and refused me any alternatives even when I explained that I needed my medication today and would not be able to make it across town to the other pharmacy.

This is inept and unprofessional at best - potentially harmful at worst. I have the capacity to be able to cope without medication for a day - other more vulnerable people with more intense conditions might not, and this administrative error would leave them in a potentially dangerous position.

That this prescription was sent to a pharmacy without my knowledge also raises issues of confidentiality and data protection.

This clinic provides good care once you get to see a practitioner, but administratively it is hopeless. Staff appear under-trained and rude, and unable to execute on essential processes.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Sarah gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Surgery!

Thank you to the great reception team, always helping me. I can be a hassle but the receptionist are always very polite and patient. thank use all very much.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Anonymous gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Incredibly rude and unprofessional reception staff

The staff never answer the phone at the opening time of the surgery, say it is a 8am start they don't answer the phone till about 9, until then they just hang up the phone, even after one ring. Today when I finally got through, the phone was answered by a giggling member of staff,still carrying on a conversation with a colleague(highly unprofessional) and was told to be patient as they only got in...if the surgeries opening time is 8am then the phones should be answered by that point and staff ready to work, not 8ish dragging onto 9ish.

I have also had reception staff hand out results over the phone which they are not qualified to do and when wanting to book an appointment over telephone about my results, given appointments 2-3weeks in the future, with this amount of effort post the results out and I will interpret them myself.

Terrible surgery in terms of reception staff and their attitudes towards patients

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Anonymous reviewed Hurley Group Practice

Helpful staff

We were very pleased with the service we received from a member of staff.

We had a very complex case concerning a client which they were very professional and proficient in resolving.

Thank you very much from Southwark Social Services

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Thelma gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good Doctors And Staff

as im suffering from several different problems, the drs and the even the receptionist staff have been very caring and helpful, I once forgot the time of my appointment as I can be forgetful at my age, however the lovely person at reception said they will ask the doctor if they could still be thankfully they said yes. very much appreciated Thank you guys once again

Veronica gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Prescription

Came to the surgery just as they was closing and the pharmacy messed up my prescription! the staff member instantly sorted out the problem with no fuss and was so sweet. Thank you. Great service all the time from all the staff as always.

Cynthia gave Hurley Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Appointment Cancellation

Called the surgery in the morning for an appoinment unfortunalty there were all booked! however the person over the phone said they would put me on the cancellation list, was a little frustrated but they assured me that they will try their best to try to sort something out for me as I wanted my son to be seen, they called me after two hours, they rang me 5 times as I didnt answer as I had got busy! I was very grateful they called until I eventually realised and answered and booked me in for an appointment. The effort was much appreciated