The Lister Practice

02030498430 Lister Primary Care Centre, 101 Peckham Road, Peckham , London, Greater London, SE15 5LJ

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 2 stars

Rude doctor

The doctor had no sympathy for when you were telling. Her about your symptoms and wasn’t particularly listening to what you were telling her and how you were feeling it’s like she wanted you in and out of there .very rude doctor .But must say receptionist stafff our lovely

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you have had a poor patient experience at The Lister Practice with one of our GPs.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to discuss your concerns in more detail, if you are able to, please contact me at the surgery on 0203 049 8430 or send an email for my attention to souccg.listerpractice.nhs.net.

I am, however, pleased to hear your positive comment about our reception team, which I will pass on to them.

Patient feedback is important to us, as it allows us to continuously improve our service, so if there are any other queries or concerns you may have, please do get in touch.

Keighly O’Connor
Practice Manager

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 2 stars

Poor System in place

I haven't been with this GP for that long but was told it was a good practice so i joined and found out quite quickly that there was no system in place, you couldn't get hold of anyone at the surgery. I then received the merge letter explaining how the system will be a lot better than the last and more patient focused. That lasted for maybe a couple weeks and now it has gone back to the old ways of no one answering the phone or the machine kindly letting me know that the person does not have voicemail and to call back later -which is when the line is then cut off.
Firstly I do not want to speak to voicemail I would like to speak a doctor or maybe even the receptionist might be a good start but we can't even get to that stage; it will ring, leave me on hold and then cut me off.

Something needs to be done maybe bring more staff to pick up on phone calls as not only do you have the option of speaking to a doctor before going into the surgery which is a great idea but if we could just get to a stage where we can speak to a receptionist to book these in it would save time for everyone rather than sitting in the waiting all day.

I received a notification from the GP last week asking me to call and book an appointment - i have been calling but unable to get through to anyone to book this in since last week. I'm doing my bit in trying to arrange an appointment the least you could do is answer the phone and ultimately book the appointment.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 29 November 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback about your recent negative experience.

Since the recent merging of Dr Hossain and Hurley at The Lister, we are aware that there have been ongoing issues with the telephone system, and we are working tirelessly with the providers of our telephone lines to ensure that this issue is solved as soon as possible.

We do also encourage our patients to register for online access which allows the booking and cancellation of appointments online, amongst other things.

Keighly O’Connor
Practice Manager

JulijaS gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

Would not recommend

Impossible to book an appointments over the phone.. Would not recommend.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 04 January 2019

The Lister Practice has not yet replied.

Nicola gave The Lister Practice a rating of 2 stars

So inconsistent & virtually impossible to make appointments

The last doctor I saw here could not have been more disinterested in what I had to say. I have seen some great doctors here but it’s never the same person which is so frustrating, and the quality of care is wildly inconsistent.

It’s also incredibly difficult to make an appointment - the online system never works but no one ever answers the phone either. I’ve been told recently that this is because they’ve recently updated their systems but this has been the case for ages.

So all in all not a great experience.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 11 November 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback.

AT Medics has taken over as the new service provider on the 1st October 2018 and within the first few weeks merged the two practices (formerly Dr Hossain's and Hurley at Lister). As you have correctly mentioned this has caused some issues with the telephone system; which as we understand it was already not the best service and not fit for purpose. We have been working with the technicians that provide the service for us to come up with a solution, this should be in place by the 16th November. In addition we are looking for an alternative solutions for the future that will be of much more benefit to patients.

With regards to the appointment system, if you were formerly a patient of Dr Hossain's you will be required to re-register for online access as unfortunately this would have been lost with the practice merger. If this is not the case and you are still having issues please call the practice and ask to speak to Edward Down, our Clinical Services Manager who will do his best to help you.

With regards to appointment booking, all routine appointments are available online and bookable up to 4 weeks in advance. Alternatively if you require assistance on the day you are welcome to call from 8am and receive a call back from a clinician to discuss your presenting issue and provide you with an appropriate outcome which can be; a face to face appointment at the surgery or with the Extended Primary Care Service, prescription, referral, advice etc.

With regards to your concerns with the GP that you have seen at the practice I would be grateful if you would contact us at the practice to give us more information so that we can investigate this further.

Patient feedback is extremely important to us and helps us to mould the service to our patients needs so please do let us know if you have any other feedback that we should be aware of.

I hope this has gone some way to respond to your concerns.

Appalling

Phone always rings out then it gets cut off.
Impossible to get an appointment at this surgery.

Over the years most GPs, whatever I present with, blame everything on obesity and menopause. They waste my time and theirs trying to send me to a nutritionist. They are so prejudiced it is irrelevant that I am extremely fit and eat extremely healthily.

I am writing this as I have been cut off for the SIXTH time.

Online doesn't work either.

Hey guys - I got a cancer diagnosis last week - maybe you'd like to answer the phone to a vulnerable patient in need of some anti-depressants…

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 12 November 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback regarding your negative experience.

As you may be aware AT Medics took over as the new provider of services at the practice on the 1st October. We are acutely aware of the ongoing issues with the telephone system and we are working tirelessly with the providers of our telephone lines to ensure that this is rectified as soon as possible, we understand the frustration with this and it is at the top of our agenda.

Please send us an email with your details so that we are able to contact you regarding your above concerns and your recent diagnosis. Please mark the email for the attention of Edward Down our Clinical Services Manager at souccg.listerpractice@nhs.net.

C C gave The Lister Practice a rating of 2 stars

Formerly excellent practice, run into the ground.

We've been registered here for the last 8 years. The last year in particular has been awful - appointments in three weeks time, or wait about for call back and 'emergency' triage for a same day appointment. The last few months have been even worse - the online service just doesn't work, never has, and it takes 15-20 calls to get through to try and make an appointment. We'll be leaving for another practice as soon as we can get our repeat prescriptions and a couple of other issues. I feel for the staff, who are helpful when you manage to speak them, but are very clearly harassed and overworked - this is down to management.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 15 November 2018

Dear Patient

Since the recent merging of Dr Hossain and Hurley at The Lister on the 12th October 2018, we are aware that there have been ongoing issues with the telephone system, and we are working tirelessly with the providers of our telephone lines to ensure that this issue is solved as soon as possible.

We can confirm that although there were previous issues with the online services these are now resolved and fully functional, if you have decided to remain registered with us at the practice we would be happy to reset these for you so that you are able to use this platform.

M M gave The Lister Practice a rating of 3 stars

Very nice GP on phone review

I just had a phone review about my mental health. The GP was lovely. She gave me details of councelling services, checked on multiple aspects of my life that could affect my health and made recommendations that I hadn’t even thought of. Lovely compassionate polite woman. I feel confident that she would treat me with dignity if I ever had a crisis.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment on your recent experience with one of our doctors. We will ensure she gets to see it and use it across the Group to reinforce our ethos of patient centered care.

Lorna M gave The Lister Practice a rating of 4 stars

Usually excellent

We've been with this practice for many years, and been very well looked after overall.

The systems of getting appointments seem to have changed quite frequently, and it's sometimes been difficult and frustrating to get through and get an appointment.

However most of the time we've been able to see a doctor promptly. And always when urgent care was needed (for young children, or once a suspected stroke).

It's nearly always a different doctor, but all members of the family have had excellent and careful attention. Which is what matters most.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 23 July 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of our services. We appreciate too how frustrating the telephone access can be at times but it is not, as is sometimes thought, due to it being ignored or insufficient staff availability. The system is in need of an upgrade and we are in negotiation with the landlords in the hope of resolving.

Changing gp

No one answers the phone, it just rings out. I’m changing gp at this point.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for posting this comment though we are obviously sorry to note you have had problems with access. There is an issue with the telephone system throughout the building and we are working with the landlords to address it. I can assure yu we have staff dedicated to call handling throughout all 10,5hrs of opening time and we do not let phones ring out. Unfortunately the system can have dropped a caller before we can get to them in the queue. This will appear to the caller as if we have cut them off One way in which we are trying to address this is with on-line booking, which is available 24 hrs a day. If you think this is a solution suitable for you please call the mobile below, leave a message and you will be called back.

Senior Business & CQC Manager
M 07872992501

Anonymous gave The Lister Practice a rating of 1 stars

Never get through to book an appointment

I have been trying to call for a week to book an appointment and I can never get through to speak to some one. I’m getting sicker and sicker and unable to get to the GP to book in person which I shouldn’t have to.

Do you not have another phone that we can contact to make an appointment. This is not 1950 this is 2018, never heard of sick a poor service from a GP

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

The Lister Practice replied on 11 November 2018

Dear Patient

We are sorry that you have not previously received a response to your feedback.

AT Medics have taken over the provision of services on the 1st October 2018 and would be grateful for any feedback regarding the services provided. We are keen to improve the services and care patients receive. Your feedback will be taken into consideration when doing so.