Holyhead Surgery

02476224687 1 Chester Street , Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 4DH

Anonymous gave Holyhead Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Keep it Up!!!

My family and I have been visiting this practice for several years.
Everyone does a fantastic job given the demands on the NHS.
From the reception & administration staff to the nurses and GPs - thank you all for doing such a valuable service to the public, you are all appreciated☺
You have all been very accommodating to our family needs over the years.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 22 February 2018

Holyhead Surgery has not yet replied.

After care following surgery

I’ve recently had emergency (although not serious) surgery to remove a nasty looking abscess on by back. This required daily after care for the best part of 6/7 weeks and I have to say that the care I received from the Nurse was excellent! She was very polite and professional throughout and has helped me along nicely to a full recovery. Her dedication was very plain to see and is an asset to not only the Practice itself, but to the NHS.

The Reception staff have all played their part as well with one thing or another so I’d like to thank them as well

Thanks you

Degs

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 April 2018

Holyhead Surgery has not yet replied.

Surgery always good

Surgery is always good with dedicated professional staff

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 30 January 2018

Holyhead Surgery replied on 07 February 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Anonymous gave Holyhead Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Poor availability of an appointment to see a Doctor

On the 23/12/17 at 22.00 I attended Coventry A&E because of the time of day and the next day being Christmas Eve ( Sunday ) I knew I would not be able to see my GP. I was diagnosed with Epididymo-Orchitis and given 14 days antibiotics and told if it didn’t clear up to see my GP. So 1 week after finishing the course of pills l still wasn’t feeling right. So I tried to make an appointment to see a Male GP and preferably after midday, according to this web-site the male GP’s only work after midday anyway. I tried to book on Friday12/01/18 at 14.00 and was told that the earliest appointment I could have would be after midday on Thursday 25/01/18 (13 days later) I have used this surgery since I was born in 1948 and in all that time have only gone to it when absolutely needed. It’s rediculous to have to wait a further 2 weeks when I have already been ill for 4 weeks and have to wait a further 2 weeks to see my GP in the hope he can do something for me.. I am not happy with the length of time I am having to wait for the appointment.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

Holyhead Surgery replied on 30 January 2018

I am very sorry to hear you had problems booking an appointment. Please contact the surgery to speak to the manager.

Loly gave Holyhead Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Unfriendly staff

Each time I visit the surgery the receptionist are never friendly. Appointments are always two weeks so even when I urgently need a doctor they tell me only available next Two weeks. I have never met my GP. The receptionist always send me to different people. I wish I never moved into this area. My former Gp surgery at Binley woods was great. I always meet my doctor and everyone is free to walk in and book appointments and see the doctor same day. Even when there is no one waiting in to see the doctor, they tell you no available time. I wish government can close down this surgery or bring new management.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 18 January 2018

Holyhead Surgery replied on 30 January 2018

We are very sorry to hear you have had problems booking an appointment with a GP please contact the surgery to Speak to the Manager.

Friendly staff

I ahve been coming to this surgery for a while now, I am impressed with the fast, efficient level of service at the surgery. Every problem I have had medically, the doctors have managed to resolve it.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 31 January 2018

Holyhead Surgery replied on 07 February 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Cheryl Dunne gave Holyhead Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Helpful reception staff and GP

I have used this surgery for a good few years now as I wasn't happy with my previous GP. My GP at the Holyhead surgery has supported me through postnatal depression and was so supportive through a really rough time of my life, recently I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the support and advice I have been given has been excellent.
As for the reception staff they are always polite and happy to help nothing is to much overall the whole team work really hard to accommodate people.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 October 2017

Holyhead Surgery replied on 30 January 2018

Thank you very much for your positive comment.

Anthony Saffin gave Holyhead Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Consistently Delivers Great Service & Care

My family and I have been patients at this surgery for many years and have always been delighted with the service & care provided.
The reception team are always bright and friendly and do the very best that they can to deliver what you need eg an appointment or repeat prescription.
The team of GP's are attentive and responsive to the needs of patients and always make sure that things are followed up.
I have had to visit twice in the last couple of weeks and have enjoyed the usual high standard.of treatment for my ailments. I was also given some fantastic advice by the GP about obtaining a prescription prepayment certificate which I have followed and this will save me a lot of money over the coming year.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 11 June 2017

Holyhead Surgery replied on 30 January 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Anonymous reviewed Holyhead Surgery

Telephone answering service

I checked this site to view the opening hours and as the surgery is closed from 12:15 to 14:15 daily it makes it very difficult for me to call in my lunch break. I have been trying since 14:15 and it is now 15:15 yet the patient care services message is still on.
I need to call to find out why my prescription has not arrived at the local chemist a couple of weeks ago. As I work out of town I usually find the prescription ordering service the chemist offers excellent and convenient as they open on a Saturday. They said there must be a problem. Why have I not been contacted by the surgery if there is a problem with my repeat prescription?
My husband had a similar issue trying to get his repeat prescription early to enable him to have enough medication while on holiday.
I am now going to have to arrange to leave work early to travel the 12 miles to come into the surgery myself.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Holyhead Surgery replied on 30 January 2018

We are very sorry to hear you had problems getting through to the surgery. On this particular day it was a staff training day for the all the staff so telephones were transferred to out of hours till 4pm.
However, We have made a note of this issue and will in future put up all staff training days on our NHS Choices notifying patients of any changes occurring in the near future.
Once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

excellent service

GP and staff are helpful and pleasant, help addressing my problems. Received the care and treatment I needed. would recommend this practice. Notice lots of changes happening all for the better. nice clean surgery. I like one doctor and the way they look after their patients. Thank you Doctor.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

Holyhead Surgery replied on 30 January 2017

Thank you for comment and we hope to keep improving our services.