Clay Cross Medical Centre

01246862237 Bridge Street, Clay Cross , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S45 9NG

absolute waste of time

Made 2 appointments for myself in the last 3 weeks about asthma checks as i need new inhalers and possible chest infection and both time been told the wrong times for the appointments spoke to reception staff about hese problems and just fobbed off as if it was my own fault also my partner suffers with ms and has serious depression due to this condition and was instructed by the ms specialist he has working with him to contact the surgery and instruct them on the medication he should be and inform them that they have upped his dose on other medication and they will follow through with a phonecall later that day 6 hour later and still no fonecall and no appointment. tried to get appointments to see a gp about his depression medication as this run out 3 weeks ago on more than 5 occasions when you eventually get through to them for them to tell you it isnt a medical emergency. This service at clay cross is just disgusting amd needs addressing asap before something serious happens to a patient

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Absolutely livid

I took my 3 year old to the gp who said "yes there's definitely an infection but who knows where I guess I'll see you in a few days because he will get worse" the doctordid not check him over properly or do any tests like urine. The doctor just laughed us off.Within 24 hours we were at the hospital with a very poorly boy. I rang the doctors first thing who said I can't possibly get an appointment will have to wait for someone to ring. They did not ring until late afternoon which I missed because I was in hospital, I rang back who said I'll have to wait again four hours later I rang back again when receptionist said ah well you'll have to wait until tomorrow to speak to someone and if I'm bothered put a complaint in. The receptionist was right rude! My son ended up with scarlett fever his tonsils that big he couldn't swallow. How can they just shrug a child off. No end of times I have been waiting up to 2 hours after my appointment time. I am disgusted with this service and will take it further.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Clay Cross Medical Centre replied on 29 March 2017

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience, it is very difficult to respond to your comments without the full details.
To help us understand it would be helpful if you can contact the surgery and speak to me Karen Peach, I am the Practice Manager and I can arrange to meet with you.

time waitng

diabolical, running 1hr 20mins late for early morning appointments, far to long between one person leaving and next called in. no doctors n this practice worth there money, brand new medical centre and no efficiency n running it, reception is also diabolical, too many inexperienced and rude persons. it needs more choice of doctors so you can see same person, only choice of 3 at moment and part time or locum, never appointments available, ts just going through the motions, no getting to know about you, so hard to talk with any drs here., continually changing your prescription for cheaper brands that are not always better. no other practice in the area any good so we are stuck here, choice of 2 but nothing between them. too many office staff that dont seem to work, computerisation should mean easier to make appointments, if staff put them on the computer that may happen but more often than not appointments are not available as not on computer for the next month or so.. prescription ordering is also a mess, no one seems to know where they are, back and forth from chemist to reception to chemist.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

An absolute joke

This practice is seriously one of the worst run clinics I have ever been to. I am rarely able to get an appointment when I actually need it and normally have to wait 2 weeks. I also always need to take time off work to attend because they never seem to have any evening appointments available. This I can just about deal with, however,my most recent encounter with the clinic has me raging! I phone for an appointment, I get told that before I can do that I must come to the clinic to pick up a form and can only make an appointment when I have completed it. I get home and as i suspected, cant fill out most of the form anyway because i don't know the information off the top of my head (as i told the receptionist when on the phone doesn't the practice have my medical information on file). Anyway, I phone again for an appointment and they tell me that the nurses don't do evening appointments. I ask to see a Dr instead. I'm told that I am not allowed to see a Dr for this and can only see a nurse. It is just ridiculous. I work in the NHS and I strive to be as flexible as possible for the patients I see. I'm not saying the health professionals at this practice don't do that (I know they are stretched), but the receptionists could certainly do with some customer service training and maybe a course in common sense?

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 07 September 2016

Anonymous gave Clay Cross Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very good

I moved to the area about a year ago and I am very happy with Clay Cross Medical Centre. The doctor is very thorough, helpful and informative, and the HCA's are great. I am able to get through to speak to someone and make an appointment much more easily than I was able to with my previous practice. The only criticism I would have is with the waiting area, which doesn't smell very fresh when you walk in - maybe its just the carpet needs cleaning? A hand gel dispenser would be good and the touch screen back in place. Apart from these minor things, I'm very happy with everything.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 14 March 2016