Craven Road Medical Practice

01132953530 60 Craven Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2RX

Anonymous gave Craven Road Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Hard to get an appointment

I find it very difficult to get an appointment when I need one and often told to ring at 8 in the morning which can sometimes be impossible as I'm at work . , it's almost impossible to get to see the doctor of my choice at a time that's covenant. . After one phone call I was told it would be almost 3 weeks to see my preferred doctor , I have been a patient for 40 years at this practice,

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Craven Road Medical Practice replied on 17 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We try hard to accommodate the requests of all of our patients and to balance the demand for on the day appointments as well as for advance appointments with a preferred GP but unfortunately it is getting harder to do so with increasing demand and reduced funding. Can I suggest that you register for on-line access to appointments if you have not already done so as that alleviates the need to ring the surgery first thing in the morning and allows you to access appointments even when we are closed. I am sorry that you have not been happy with our service after been with us for such a long period. Please feel free to speak to our reception manager, Jackie McSeveny who would be happy to try to assist you further.

Brian Clark gave Craven Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

The doctors and nurses are the most professional and compassionate people I have had the pleasure of meeting. I have been in the surgery in situations that were very complicated and received excellent attention which saved my life.
I would love to thank them for doing an extraordinary job

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Craven Road Medical Practice replied on 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and taking the time to leave them. We do try extremely hard to do the very best for all of our patients. We continually try to improve our service despite the reduction in NHS funding. Please let us know if we can assist you further in the future.

June westerman gave Craven Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A fantastic team

This practice has always been excellent for us. We have been wth them for 59 years and certainly wouldn't want to change. Their professionalism and expertise is always on the ball. Wouldn't know what to do without them they are a wonderful team from doctors, nurses and receptionists.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Craven Road Medical Practice replied on 22 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. We do try really hard to look after our patients to the best of our ability and are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service we provide. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in the future.

Lee Fraser gave Craven Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The nurses were brilliant

I had emergency surgery on my back which needed daily dressing shortly after moving home. At the nearest surgery to me in Meanwood (the big one!) the receptionist told me it would take 24 hours to process my acceptance and they couldn't organise a District Nurse to come to me over the weekend!
I phoned the Craven Road practise on Friday afternoon, went down, was signed up immediately with a district nurse booked in as needed immediately, excellent service.
The nurses at Craven Road were brilliant over the coming weeks and I can't speak highly enough of them, so friendly yet professional on every occasion.
The surgery itself operates a drop in surgery in the morning followed by an appointment only session which works really well.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

Craven Road Medical Practice replied on 24 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you spending the time to leave positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service you received from us. We try really hard to provide a high level of service to all our patients. Please do let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

James gave Craven Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Waiting times

Always have to go to open surgery in a morning as there are never any appointments when you ring and can only go open surgery for one thing.. I finally got a proper appointment after about a week of trying I then waited almost an hour for my appointment , ended up walking out and registering somewhere else!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Craven Road Medical Practice replied on 12 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We value comments and will use this information to learn and improve our service.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like our open surgery system. We have responded to patient feedback and implemented the system as a result. I am also sorry to hear that you did not receive a booked appointment as we usually have appointments available to book in advance although if you require a specific doctor or time then you may have to wait longer. As you may be aware the doctors never know what a patient will attend with and so can occasionally run late especially if a patient has attended with an emergency condition and I will ensure that reception staff are reminded to keep patients informed if this happens.

Anonymous gave Craven Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Always seemed to be closed stil havnt heard back from them

Always seemed to be closed stil havnt heard back from them its been 14 days now i havnt been able to contact them for 3 days no im so anxious and stressed that i cant do anything. These services should be running almost everyday yet they only seem to be available for a few hours a week and thats if you can even get an appointment

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Craven Road Medical Practice replied on 26 May 2017

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received from us.

Our opening hours are 7am - 7pm Monday to Friday and 8.30 -11.30am Saturdays. We also have extended access via a hub Practice on Sundays 9-1pm. As you can see we are open quite extensive hours.

We have a open surgery every morning which ensures patients can be seen the same day if needed. This runs at both Craven Road Surgery and Holly Bank Surgery. There is no need to book you can attend between 8.30am and 11.00am. If you have difficulties getting to the surgery we also offer telephone calls backs.

You mention that you are expecting us to contact you. If you would like to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to look in to this for you. My email address is lisa.boardman@nhs.net