Dr Gc Chajed's Practice

01268663140 Kingswood Medical Centre, Clay Hill Road , Basildon, Essex, SS16 5AD

Not at all recommended

I m very dissatisfied with their services , first we never- never get appointment whenever we call they have mentioned they are fully booked for the day.. Then incase by luck you got appointment then I don't think doctor has ever listened he just does his routine things and when we try to explain he just say no need to panic and follow me. We have never been advised for any medication just doctor straight away mentions wait for another 4 weeks and then we will see how worse it get!!! This is not the first time we had this comment it's always and this always landed us to Emergency where we are prescribed with Antibiotics if GP would have given antibiotics then we would have not suffered more then 2 weeks.. Not Happy!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 August 2018

Dr Gc Chajed's Practice replied on 22 August 2018

We are sorry to hear that you feel that you have received a bad service from Kingswood Medical Centre. The Administrative and Clinical team work very hard to try and give the best possible service. The practice restricts a number of appointments available for urgent on the day issues. Occasionally increased demand can have an affect the availability of appointments. The Partners will increase their availability to help counter this. Should any patient be prescribed medication and are not sure of the reasons/side effects then they should request information from the prescribing doctor. Information is also obtainable from the Pharmacy. Some of the information you have supplied is quite specific. Should you wish to discuss this with the Business Manager (Christopher Clark) he will be more than happy to discuss this with you and the Practice can put procedures in place to reduce the risk of situations arising again.

Anonymous gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 4 stars

Helping me decide when I just couldn't due to anxiety

I have been struggling with Anxiety and was prescribed some medication 4 weeks ago. I couldn't bring myself to take them though due to being so anxious and worried about the side effects. I went back to see my Doctor today and he helped me make the decision that I needed to. I feel that without the medication I will not be starting the healing process and was spoken to so honestly, humorously and professionally that I have made the move that I wouldn't have without his Help. This doctor is how I see how all doctors should be.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Dr Gc Chajed's Practice replied on 21 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the service that you have received from Kingswood Medical Centre. Staff work extremely hard to give the best possible service to patients and to have a positive impact on their health and future.

Rude Receptionist

Phoned to register at this surgery but the receptionist told me I was out of their catchment area.

I told them according to the NHS website they are our closest surgery, she rudely told me they cannot help me and I must find another.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Dr Gc Chajed's Practice replied on 21 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at Kingswood Medical Centre. The Practice has a declared Boundary which has been In situ for at least 10 years. Unfortunately when searching for practices via the NHS choices website the distance calculation does not take into account the road structure surrounding the Practice. We understand the frustration that it may cause to identify a Surgery close to you but then be informed that you do not fall within their boundary. We hope you are able to locate a Surgery whose boundary you fall within. Should you have any issues finding a surgery you are able to contact PALS at Basildon hospital via the main number 01268524900 who will be able to assist you.

Keith Ellinor gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Treatment

Regrettably I have spent 18 consecutive weeks in hospital. Admitted to Basildon hospital on 14 October & transferred to The Royal London Hospital on January 14th 2018, eventually discharged on February 1st 2018,
On Friday 9th February 2018 I was not feeling very well, telephoned Inglewood Medical Centre at 12:15 hrs requesting an home visit. The receptionist attentively listened to me, stating a doctor would telephone me. Within 5 minutes my regular doctor telephoned me, asked a few questions, then stated he was on his way to visit me. Within 5 minutes he arrived, diagnosed my condition, made the recommended medical treatment. What outstanding treatment from this medical practice. This doctor has been my registered G.P.. for many years, when he arrived at my home, he had in his hand the discharge memo issued from The Royal London Hospital, so he knew exactly my condition and past two years hospitalization & life threatening surgery. Thank you very much for all your care and treatment.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 February 2018

Dr Gc Chajed's Practice has not yet replied.

Vaccination

I recently ended up in A & E with pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung and after my weeks tablets had run out I went to my doctors to try and see the doctor as my symptoms are getting worse again. I was told that I should’ve had a pneumonia jab at the hospital and it was important that I had it and was booked in to have it the next day. I turned up to my appointment only to be told that they didn’t have any and they weren’t sure if they were going to get any more this year. I still can’t get an appointment to see a doctor, this is not the first time I’ve had a problem with this surgery.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

Dr Gc Chajed's Practice replied on 18 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the care received at Kingswood Medical Centre. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. There has been a dramatic increase in demand over the last few weeks for appointments with the Doctors and vaccinations due to seasonal symptoms. We still continue to offer on the day appointments and routine appointments bookable up to a month in advance. Please contact the Practice Manager so that we are able to offer a solution to your current situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Vicki gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery. Efficient, welcoming, friendly staff

Having had a mouth full of ulcers for a month I booked an appointment with the Dr. It wasn't an 'emergency' and I was happy with the appointment time given. I was given medication and told to return if they persisted, which they did. I returned to the surgery where the Dr sent me for tests and sent off samples. A thorough investigation is being given. Such a fantastic surgery. The Dr I literally trust with my life and the receptionists are always friendly and helpful.
I cannot fault this surgery, my family have always been given fantastic care.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 December 2017

Dr Gc Chajed's Practice replied on 04 December 2017

Thank you for your kind review of Kingswood Medical Centre, All staff work as hard as they can to try and ensure the best possible service to our patients.

Rohini Bhattacharya gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 5 stars

A Positive Vibe

Hi,

Its Just been about 2 months since I moved from Scotland to Basildon. I get registered under Kingswood Medical Centre and my first visit was very short and sweet with a nurse getting my details right.

I had to visit the GP for an advise to know whether I continue my course of repeat medicines which I was taking in Scotland for Gastritis. i got an appointment with a doctor. They were so pleasing and carefully listened to me and answered my questions. I felt this doctor had that Positive Vibe that every doctor should have, so that the patients feel confident that they are in safe hands.

I had to take another appointment for my sprain and I requested for an appointment with the same doctor and got it too. Once again I should say that this doctor's way of talking and being clear in advising about medication, I feel even more confident. More than the medicines, this doctor is a POSITIVE DRUG for patients. I just hope all doctors possess the same quality and patience that this doctor possesses.

Thanks a lot Doctor.
Regards
Rohini Bhattacharya

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 22 November 2017

Shreyasi Ghoshal gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very good!

Very efficient and friendly docs. All the staffs are also very cooperative.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

Anonymous gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very Happy!

I've just moved to the area from London and so far am very pleased with the service I've received.
Making an appointment is very easy and accessible - especially when using the online system which is very efficient and time-saving.
All the staff so far have been very helpful and attentive.
I am yet to have my first appointment with my new GP but am looking forward to it and have high expectations due to the outstanding treatment I've received so far from the staff.
I would highly recommend coming to this Surgery.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Debbie66551 gave Dr Gc Chajed's Practice a rating of 5 stars

A happy patient

Normally people only comment when they want to moan but I am a happy patient after visiting the practice today.

The reception staff were very helpful in dealing with my request.

I was also quite early for my appointment and was seen before my appointment time. I didn't feel in any way rushed during my consultation and the doctor was very thorough explaining and discussing the treatment I could have.

On the whole I am happy with the whole overall experience of visiting the doctors today.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017