ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE

01512953888 Grove Street, Edge Hill , Liverpool, Merseyside, L7 7HG

Anonymous gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

It was so good I returned...

I had no trouble getting through on the phone for an appointment, although I admit its a pain to have to be available to ring at 8am.
I was with Abercromby for several years previously and had to leave when I moved. I returned to the area and came back to Abercromby and I'm glad I did. I like the surgery and think that all the staff-GP's, nurses, admin etc are pleasant and efficient.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Receptionists attitude!

Ordered a prescription to go electronically to my chosen pharmacy , not at pharmacy who advised to ask for it to be faxed to them(which i know can be done as i work in a gp practice myself!!) To be told" well it's been printed" I said can you fax it please.. "No it's not secure" i said ok can it be cancelled and sent electronically "no it cant" ok so why hasn't it gone in the first place when it's my chosen chemist?! "How am I meant to know the gp does it" extremely unhelpful with a terribly bad attitude! I've been a patient for 25 years and the surgery is getting worse because of the reception staff! The medication needed was an inhaler which by the time I finish work I wouldn't be able to collect from surgery hence me wanting it at my pharmacy!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Anonymous gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to book an appointment over the phone

At this GP, there is always a long wait on the phone. When you finally get through you are told they will call you back and they don't. When you call up again you are told they will call you back and they don't.

My usual GP went on holiday during peak times and there were not enough staff allocated to cover for her. Multiple people were left responsible for calling customers back which was a mistake because ultimately this didn't leave anyone accountable and no-one called me back.

I am going to leave this GP and I would strongly recommend that others do too. If you are thinking about joining this GP, please look elsewhere. Don't waste your time.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Anonymous gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

Ring at 8 then told no appointments !!!!!

This places appointment system is an actual joke especially if you are working. Was told I couldn’t make any appointments for weeks in advance and would have to ring at 8 even if it wasn’t an emergency. I explained my personal situation to the receptionist and she had no compassion about her and just repeated, appointments are only taken on the day. They honestly all sound like they don’t want to be there on the phone it’s doshesrtening enough as it is when it takes you 20 minutes to get through! I then tried calling at 8am and the line was busy for five minutes! I finally got through at 8.05 but was kept on hold until 8.07am until a lady answered and told me all the appointments have gone for today! So what is the actual point of this pathetic system? Will I ever get an appointment. I am switching to a different practise. There was a Doctor here that I really liked but it seems he has left anyway. That was the only reason keeping me here. Honestly don’t even think about registering here the service is a disgrace.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 06 August 2018

Such a good surgery

So glad i registered with this practice !!! All the staff are wonderful, Have had the pleasure of seeing a new doctor, who was absolutely fantastic. Took the time to explain things to me in a way I understand, Made me feel like I was not wasting his time, Completely reassured me. Very good bedside manner. Thank you so very much doctor.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

Kelly Smith gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff throughout.

I have had nothing but a fantastic service from the staff at this surgery, from the reception staff to each gp I have been reviewed by. The reception staff are very helpful and non intrusive, and they all have a friendly and personal approach. The standard of care I have received from each gp & nurse has been excellent! It is apparent the basis of their care is a patient centred approach, non judgemental, patient choice first, empathetic, friendly, yet extremely professional.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

25122006993 gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 3 stars

I received a letter requesting that I phone up to make an appointment with a doctor this was following blood tests. I phoned this morning only to be told I have to phone at 8.00am each morning. This is ridiculous because patients who are sick are phoning at the same time and I am not sick I am only doing what your letter asked me to do, if phoning at 8.00am I am taking an appointment off someone who is in need of a doctor and I am not at this present time. So this needs to be looked at urgently appointments of this kind should be allowed to be made later on in the morning.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 July 2018

Helena gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 5 stars

Thank you.

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the care I received today at the practice. I had booked an emergency appointment & was fully aware- after having a conversation with an understanding receptionist - that it was with a male doctor-after I'd expressed a preference- due to the nature of the issue- for a female. They explained that there were- unfortunately- no appointments with any female doctors on that day & that I could have one of the female receptionists come in with me. I decided to attend as I was in a lot of discomfort. When I got into my appointment- I was quite distressed as - although- I was uncomfortable & in pain-I didn't feel that I able to have a male doctor undertake an intimate examination. I got quite upset & they kindly suggested that they would request for the female GP to examine me. And I'd just have to wait in the waiting room for a little while to be recalled. I was so relieved at this solution. I felt it was really considerate & respectful of my needs. The female GP I saw was kind, friendly & welcoming. And made me feel at complete ease. There was a health care assistant in attendanxe who was observing the appointment- who kindly took my 4 year old daughter to another room- whilst the examination took place. As a single parent - whose child is demanding & never really leaves me alone! It was nice to have a moment to relax calmly during my examination. I genuinely, feel so incredibly grateful to the practice for my experience today. Thank you.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Thank you !!

My elderly mother has recently been unwell and it has meant that I have to become involved with Abercromby on her behalf . I have found them incredibly helpful in a difficult time and am very grateful .

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Anonymous gave ABERCROMBY FAMILY PRACTICE a rating of 1 stars

Want an appointment? You have more chance of knitting fog.

I've been trying to get an appointment at this practice for a while. I am registered here. I've been trying to get through for the past 4 hours and just get a record message saying that they ''are now closed, the opening hours are 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday'' etc. It is 1.30pm on Thursday at the moment and I've been getting that message for the last four hours. I'm sure I am not mistaken but maybe I am.... isn't 1.30pm on Thursday somewhere within the timescale 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday To Thursday? Unless Abercromby Family Practice work to a complete different system of time or perhaps are in another dimension.

Abercromby Family Practice clearly need some practice in how to answer the telephone and run a General Practitioner as they are not very good at it.

If you are planning on using this GP I would recommend self diagnosing your problems and hoping for the best instead as you have more chance of taking a dump in the queens handbag than getting through to this place to make an appointment.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 31 May 2018