East Lynne Medical Centre

01255220010 3-5 Wellesley Road , Clacton On Sea, Essex, CO15 3PP

Extremely difficult to book Appointments

To get an appointment for the same day is usually quite easy if you are prepared to queue from 07:15. Other than that I have never been able to book and appointment over the telephone. The staff recommend you book appointments online, whilst a few tears back you could, now users get " no appointments area available. This is not a good service especially if you are employed and need to arrange non emergency visits to the doctor. If East Lynne can sort of the appointments system then this would be good medical practice there are a few exceptional.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 11 October 2017

We are sorry to hear of your experience when trying to book an appointment. The telephone and early morning queue is dealt with equitably, giving a fair balance.
It is possible to make a pre-bookable appointment, but all our available slots do go very quickly, as do the internet slots.
Our experienced advanced nurse practitioners can deal with most things.

Christine Pearson gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Yet again unable to get appointment for my husband

We have been trying to get my Husband an appointment because he thinks he may have Parkinson's. Every time we telephone there are no appointments available. Told to either ring another day or come on the day and wait in a queue outside in all weathers ,only to find that once you reach the desk there are no more appointments left for that day. I am trying to contact my M.P. on this matter which I find completely unacceptable.

My husband cannot stand for any length of time because he has a few illnesses that prevent him doing this. I have telephoned the receptionist and been given an appointment for the 19th October there is never a choice of dates you just have to accept whatever your given.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 25 September 2017

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced when trying to book an appointment. We offer many same day appointments but they do go very quickly. Have you considered booking on line ?
Reception can give details. You do not state which clinician you are asking for ? A doctor is not always the most appropriate healthcare professional, our Advanced Nurse Practitioners are able to deal with most medical conditions. We are happy to discuss if you make yourself known.

Frank Forte reviewed East Lynne Medical Centre

Gone rapidly downhill over the last few months.

My Mother died 22 years ago it is easier to contact her via a Medium, then it is to reach this Surgery by phone. The last time I tried I gave up after 30 minutes of irritiating music and pre recorded drivel telling me how important my call was to them. I have had to visit out of hours hospital and the upshoot was a scan was necessary. This was faxed and emailed to East Lynn surgery. They still insisted that in spite of all this I still had to see one of their Doctors to get referred. What a total waste of time. I asked a Nurse (as it was impossible to see a proper Doctor) to refer me to a Musculo-Skeletal consultant and even after their assurance that they would talk to a Doctor and it it would be done, I found out weeks later, It wasn't.
I complained and when I called back later in the day (as per their instructions) I was told I could refer myself to Physiotherapy. Again my original request was totally ignored. So I called again and after a long wait, I was told I would have to start the process all over again by queueing up at an ungodly hour in the morning in order to get seen at 08 30 when they opened. This Surgery is a total waste of space. This is just one of a catalogue of bungling and timewasting. They have a tendancy too to patronise you. I am so glad I have left that useless practice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 11 September 2017

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 25 September 2017

It is difficult to respond without full details. We are happy to investigate matters thoroughly but would need contact details.

Been with them 40 years now want to leave now they are awful

Can never get an appointment. Missdiagnosed in May had a second opinion from local hospital they treated me and suggested if no better in 5 days go back to surgery and insist l get referred to the tropical deceased hospital. Needless to say never was able to get an appointment. Today is my 8th day of food poisoning, have only eaten 2 slices of toast each day, drunk water and dyhrolite. Still could not get an appointment with GP so yesterday back to the hospital l go, they gave me a specimin bottle to take a feaces sample to the surgery and also request bloods to be done as this could be connected to Mays incidents.
So this morning feeling really poorly and weak forgot to mention I'm also diabetic off l go with my specimen down the Doctors, receptionist refused to take it as the Dr at the hospital did not give me any forms. I have to go back to the gp at 4pm with no guarantee they will provide one either. The receptionists told me to take specimen down the hospital and put in the retainer myself l said what's the point without the forms.exactly she saidthe place is going from bad to worse, so have l had food poisoning for 8 days or a tropical deseace for 2 months who knows

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 03 August 2017

We will be happy to investigate the matters you have raised.
Please make yourself know to us so we can look into this for you.

Getting to see my GP

After attending an ultrasound at Clacton hospital on the 1st of June where I was told that I needed to see my GP I tried to get a Doctors appointment on Friday 02.06.17. I followed the process of queueing outside the surgery. I joined the queue at 07:45 . After queuing for about 15-20 minutes I arrived at reception desk to be told there were no appointments left that day and that the next available appointment to book in advance was the 26.06.17. There was no attempt to determine the urgency or otherwise of my visit and no advice on what I could do in order to see a doctor. Luckily the weather was fine and I can stand for a relatively long period of time but frankly this was a complete waste of time and cannot be considered as a suitable method of dealing with patients requiring help!

When I got home my husband could tell how upset and worried I was so he then telephoned the surgery on my behalf. He spent sometime explaining the situation to reception and pointing out that I had been in some pain since April and that nobody should be expected to be fobbed off in such a manner. The receptionist eventually e-mailed the G.P who almost immediately agreed to see me 11:20.I attended surgery at the agreed time.The G..P. was very professional and thoroughly examined me ordering further tests to be carried out at Hospital in order to determine what is causing the cramps/pain.

Clearly I needed to see a GP and I am sure that other people there that were turned also needed attention but didn't get it. In my opinion the people of Clacton are being left to self medicate. If it's impossible to see the doctor what else can you do. The whole system needs a revamp as the GP. service in Clacton has and remains appalling since I arrived in January 2015. I have complained before both to the practise manager and to our then MP but nobody does anything about it .All I have been given are platitudes from the MP (Carswell) that they will write to the surgery.

As far as I can tell nothing has been done to improve the service and today was just another example of ill-thought out process and procedure putting the patient in last place and at risk. Frankly my faith in this practise could be no lower.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 June 2017

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 16 June 2017

We are sorry that you are unhappy with our services. We can confirm that all routine appointments on 2nd June had been taken. We note that you were offered a pre-bookable for 26 June which although several weeks away would fall within the time frames of the resources available to us. You are of course aware of the crisis within the GP recruitment process within North East Essex. If a patient needs to be seen urgently on the day this needs to be explained to the receptionist at the time of presentation. We note that you were offered an emergency appointment once your request had been assessed by the doctor. The Practice has undergone many changes since new partnership acquired us in August 2016 and we are all trying desperately hard to offer the very best service that we can.

Concerned gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

It is unacceptable to demand that patients queue outside

The practice of making patients queue outside from 8am in the hope of getting a coveted appointment is demeaning and disgusting. I believe it stopped last year, but this surgery has now reintroduced it. I do not know any other surgery in the area that demands this. How can you possibly expect sick patients (many of whom are elderly) to queue outside? This is like Russia in the communist years. Totally third world. And as for making an appointment by phone from 8am, well the line is constantly engaged. So the only option is to queue outside, and that isn't an option for many.
The only people who can queue outside are those well enough to do so.
It is impossible for genuinely sick people to make an appointment and will undoubtedly lead to an escalation in their symptoms.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 05 May 2017

Our practice certainly does not demand patients to queue outside the surgery before 8.00 am. The surgery opens at 8.00 am. This has never changed and we have always had patients who choose to come and wait outside until the doors open. Some days the demand is greater than others and we have no control over this. Our telephone lines also open at 8.00 am and patients can telephone for an appointment. You can also register with Reception to enable you to make an on line appointment if you have access to a device. Our telephone line is not always constantly engaged as people do manage to get through on the telephone to make an appointment. Comments such as this are very distressing for the staff as we are all working extremely hard to deliver the very best service that we can in a time when GP recruitment is at an all time low.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

A kidney transplant patient's tale

I have recently had a kidney transplant and at the time was unable to walk to the surgery. I have never managed to get through by phone in the minuscule amount of time available to win in the lottery of getting an appointment. So, imagine my surprise when I needed to pick up some new medicine that was prescribed to me at Addenbrookes and had also been faxed across (They do have a secret email but they only mentioned the fax, and that Addenbrookes should have it), and they claimed not to have received the fax. I had to try and contact the exact Doctor at Addenbrookes (took over 1 hour to even identify them, and then as they were on the wards was unable to speak to them) and give the message for presumably their secretary to give to them to resend the fax. Almost immediately after speaking to their secretary, (I made a cup of tea), I phoned East Lynne and told them what had happened so that somebody could watch out for it arriving, only to be told that they had it there. Either that secretary was really the doctor in disguise or ..... No, this surgery is good for those who don't work and so can afford the time to queue up at 8 and 2 and have an appointment any time that morning or afternoon, and get there relatively easily. I now know why there are so many mobility scooters in Clacton!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 27 January 2017

The Practice has already responded to your concerns. The hospital were not faxing the Practice in a timely manner! The appointment system has recently been changed and we hope this will give patients easier access. We have always offered pre-bookable appointments and continue to do so and some appointments can be booked on line.

Anonymous gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

They invite you to make an appointment then won't let you!

They wrote to me to tell me to phone to make an appointment with a nurse. When you phone, they don’t answer. You get an automated message saying they open at 9am and giving their closing time... but the message plays all day.

It is extremely inconvenient to have to take time off work for an hour to drive there (no parking anywhere nearby) just to make an appointment.
Plus you have to hope there will be someone manning the nurses reception.

Will someone please answer the phone?

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 06 June 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 27 January 2017

Nurses appointments are now booked on 01255 220010. We continue to have a problem with the line you have complained about and we are trying to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Bumblebee gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Bumblebee

Iv been with this surgery for over 25 years with a few comings and goings but there is 1 GP that deserves a medal I have a few medical problems so I need to be seen faily frequently. I have never been made to feel akward for getting seen alot. This doctor has my deepest respect, I find them very caring and never felt like a number but always felt I could discuss any medical issues with this doctor and the help advice and treatment is better than most off private practices. The receptionists do a wonderful job especially under the surcumstances and pressure they are going through. For me I don't want to have to see another GP. Just wish they could stay. Iv always been able to get an appointment yes sometimes it has to be with another GP or nurse but again you get seen and help with what ever medical reason you have needed to be seen with so please everyone at E.L hold your heads up high and remaine at this practise because beleive it or not you do an amazing job. Just wish there could be away

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 23 June 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre replied on 27 January 2017

What a lovely testimonial - thank you.

Lynsey gave East Lynne Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

caring and understanding

The surgery staff really care and do a great job under very difficult circumstances. They are understanding and patient and supportive of me, even when I must drive them mad at times. They should get particular mention for all they have dome for me. Thankyou all.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre has not yet replied.