St George's Medical Centre

01353864100 2A Parsons Lane , Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1JU

First class

I would like to say a huge thank you to the medical secretaries, receptionists, practice nurses and the pharmacy staff at St George’s Medical Centre. Each and every one of them provide the best possible care. As a working carer, the staff help me to get an appointments, that allow me to continue in my employment and my caring role. Nothing is ever too much and I am treated as if I was the only patient. Their professional and compassionate care is second to none. I am so lucky to be a patient at this surgery. The GP’s are a great team and in addition the Practice staff make St George’s Medical Centre the best

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Almost a pleasure to be ill

My wife had to fly back from France, where we holiday for several weeks in the summer now we are retired, for a check up blood test and a follow up to it with one of the nurses who cover type 2 diabetics.
While back she wanted to get a supply of our regular medication for both of us, together with a letter confirming they were genuine medications in case customs at Stansted needed it.
Thankfully we rarely need to see a doctor but the help from the dispensary, office and nursing staff was second to none.
Service at St Georges is first rate.
No idea if the doctors are as good but they have quite the best to keep up with.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

Paul gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Worth moving to Littleport to get superb service

This must be one of the best Health Clinics in the UK
Staff are so helpful, if you have a problem and like me are unable to sometimes get to the Centre they can and will help.
I can not find fault, so happy to be a patient.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 12 August 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

First Class example of patient centred care

I would like to thank my doctor, for the outstanding, professional and compassionate care he provides. As a patient with complex medical problems, this doctor always goes the extra mile to ensure that my health needs are monitored and addressed. Due to one of my many illnesses, I have to rely on my wife to help me to communicate. I witnessed a true representation of patient, carer and GP involvement, second to none. This doctor gave my wife the gift of time and his professional knowledge, to ensure that she understood the treatment I need. This interaction showed how patients, carers and professionals can work together, which benefits us all.I am so glad that I am his patient. I could not have asked for better treatment. St George's Medical Centre has true professionals who each and every day do their very best to ensure their patients have the best possible care. I know that i am very lucky to be a patient at this surgery.The NHS is celebrating it's 70th Anniversary soon and our NHS exists because of medical professionals such as this doctor, who is a credit to the NHS. These days, all we hear are negatives however, the dedication and compassion of this doctor and his colleagues needs to be celebrated and shared. As patients, we need to remember the long working hours our health professionals do and be thankful that they have come in to a profession that is always in the media spotlight yet they do it because they care.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Care of patients suffering with Cancer

I would like to thank the Doctors and staff at St Georges for supporting my wife during her illness of three years with Cancer. We were always able to have an appointment visit or conversation with any of the team of doctors and the telephone call back service was invaluable. They had regular contact with our consultant and supported the treatment that was advised and given. It is with deep sadness that my wife has now passed away, but the telephone call I received from the practice at this difficult time was very comforting. Well done St Georges

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 February 2018

Excellent surgery

The way this practice is set up, with use of telephone appointments and over-the-phone triage is really excellent. I am always able to get an appointment when needed, particularly when my son was a small baby.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Debbie king gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Person centred care

all to often doctors and surgeries are portrayed in a negative light They are often overworked and needing to meet targets anc can come across as uncaring at times.or make patients feel like we are on a conveyor belt. I visited st George's medical centre and was expecting to be treated for the issue I raised. The doctor wanted to know more about the cause of the issue . She took the time to listen to my situation and made me feel very valued, an individual, and th fact that she made time to listen to me made a huge difference at a time in my life even I hadn't realised was as important as it was until after I had left the surgery and was sat in my car. She made a huge difference to the situation. It would have been so much easier and quicker for her to give me a prescription for the problem rather than taking the time to look at the cause. The follow up treatment I received also was more than I had expected to receive and I am very grateful for the support and the high level of care and empathy the Doctor showed in my situation.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Incoherent and disorganised

The waiting time today was 40 minutes after the set time for appointment.
The nurse was really rude and unprofessional. She basically denied everything I was told by a doctor on Friday.
Will be making an official complaint.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 22 December 2017

I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed, and would like to discuss this with you further. Please feel welcome to contact me here at the surgery.

Kind regards, Simon Randall, Practice Manager, 01353 864133, simon.randall@nhs.net

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Accurate diagnosis and quick action

I was able to see (and am still seeing) the same doctor who originally recognised my cardiac problem.
Through a prompt referral to a specialist hospital unit I am now under their care and guidance.
My GP at St Georges takes an active interest in my case and offers guidance and support.

One hears many negatives about GP's and the NHS in general but I cannot fault the high standard and level of professionalism I have experienced.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 20 February 2018

Chris mackenzie gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

I would like to say how lovely my doctor is, with their easy to approach personality and thoughtfulness. An asset to the surgery

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 22 December 2017

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say so.
Simon Randall, Practice Manager, 01353 864133, simon.randall@nhs.net