St George's Medical Centre

01353864100 2A Parsons Lane , Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1JU

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Practise always looking to improve

This is a fairly large practice offering a range of services and looking to continue to evolve.
I am very happy to discuss my various condidtions during a same day phone call and have always been offered an appointment with a GP or Nurse practicioner later that day if necessary. If you wish to see a particular GP there may be a delay of a few days, but that is a choice each individual has to make. I am very happy with the consultations, treatments and referrals I have received, some of which must be hugely expensive for the NHS. We are fortunate to have such an excellent Medical Centre within our community.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 17 September 2019

Terence Hunter gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Super Team

I can only give 100% praise to the whole team of doctors and nurses last week ,on my visit to the surgery last week for a routine appointment, I was not feeling well after my appointment no fault of the doctor who I had seen five minutes early, when standing at the the reception desk I collapsed straight to the floor hitting my head and other parts of my body, whilst unconscious. At the time I did not know what was going on but when I came round I had the four practice doctors in attendance and a nurse and was being throughly looked after by all the team in a caring-but professional manner. All the staff worked on me and continued to monitor me for over 30 mins, the nurse was particularly concerned and kept reassuring me that I was fine and that they were waiting for a ambulance to arrive. In total the doctors and the nurse cared for me for over an hour. I was monitored for the whole period, the staff even called my wife and reassured her I was ok and no need to panic, we often don’t give enough praise to our surgery but we should all be thankful we have such a great team of doctors and support at St George’s medical centre.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 18 June 2019

St George's Medical Centre replied on 27 June 2019

Thank you for taking time to write such lovely feedback, which the team have all read. We're just glad you're ok. Do let us know if you need anything further or any follow up.

Kind regards, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

Adrienne Boydell gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Phlebotomist

I was always very apprehensive about having blood taken. However, I don't worry about it at all like I used to, as the Phlebotomist at St Georges is excellent at her job. She gives total confidence, she is very quick, going straight into the vein and swapping the test tubes with speed and skill. She totally puts you at your ease, and is a lovely person to chat to take your mind off what is going on!

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 17 April 2019

St George's Medical Centre replied on 27 June 2019

Thank you for the lovely feedback. It was shared at our team meeting and Tina was really chuffed to receive it. Much appreciated.

Best wishes, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

Simon Crosland gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My GP has been excellent

I am about to move away from the area so regrettably I will not in the future be able to benefit from the excellent care provided by St Georges Medical Centre. I moved in to this area in 2005 and about a year later my elderly parents moved to live with us also. The care provided by the senior partner for my parents (who were both dementia sufferers) was very good. I have a long running heart arrhythmia condition and gain I have found the care provided by the senior partner to be excellent. There is of course a team of GPs here and have generally found consultations to be thorough and communication is good.I have also found the services provided by the nursing team to be good and efficient. I have found the introduction of telephone discussions with the GPs to work well. Medical Receptionists frequently get a bad press but I would say that, whilst some of the team here could remember to smile a little more, I have always been treated with courtesy and patience, and the staff generally work hard to set up an appointment when you need one.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 25 April 2019

St George's Medical Centre replied on 27 June 2019

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the team and the care your family has received from St George's. I hope your move goes well and wish you all the best for the future.

Sincerely, Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

David & Annie gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thanks for everything

My wife and I have been patients at St George's for nearly 20 years. I am writing to thank everyone at the practice for their professional approach and friendliness. As I drift into old age I have needed the occasional visit and I can honestly say that neither my wife nor I feel any anxiety about attending our appointments. Our doctor is always clear and patient and even laughs at my jokes in addition to keeping us both well.
Over the years we have got to know many of the staff at St George's and we would like to thank everyone for treating us so well. We wish the practice every success and would happily recommend it to anyone.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 30 January 2019

Elizabeth gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Second to none. Best GP surgery.

During the Christmas New Year period I developed a medical problem.
I telephoned the surgery about 13:30 on New Years Eve. I was told a GP would telephone me soon, well I had hardly put the phone down when a GP did telephone me back. I explained the problem and was told I could see a doctor at 15:30 that day. I did see the doctor and was walking out the surgery by 16:00 with medication for the problem.
I have always been treated with dignity and respect by all the staff.
Well done and thank you all for your care.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 11 January 2019

St George's Medical Centre replied on 27 June 2019

"Best GP Surgery" - thank you very much!
Really appreciate your kind feedback, and glad we were able to help sort things out for you.
Best wishes, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Medical Care

Went to surgery asking someone to see my son as cut his fingers open, only to be told if he can travel home he can travel to hospital, All he needed was his fingers dressed by a nurse but no not possible nobody can see him, no point waiting, sarcastically told use it or lose it for the minor injuries unit, so he needs to sit for what 2 hours wasting their time when it would take his local nurse 2 minutes to dress them, well thanks for nothing.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 06 December 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with St George's. There are various reasons why it might be in a patient's best interests to refer immediately on to another unit. You don't give your name, but if you would like to contact me, I'd be very happy to discuss your particular situation further. Please don't hesitate to make an appointment if your son needs a follow up check.
01353 864133, simon.randall@nhs.net

Doug gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

After listening on the radio ref other Gp Surgeries

After listening on the radio about other GP surgeries of patients having to wait unto 3 weeks for an appointment. We get a telephone appointment if they think you can wait for an appointment, You will be called back before the end of the half day i.e. ring in morning they will call you back in the morning. The staff know i work and always accommodate me around my working day, sometimes before they have even officially started their day and fit me in. Littleport GP Surgery my mother is 90 and lives in a close village she is envious of our medical centre. The staff even the receptionist are allay compassionate and caring. Receptionists are the best of all the GP Surgeries i have been to in my life THANKS LITTLEPORT GP SURGERY 5 STAR

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 13 December 2018

Muriel Fuller gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Flu vaccinations

An absolutely full surgery when we arrived which was competently dealt with by the staff. They all were so helpful and kind and, looked after the seriously disabled folk so well. They are to be thanked so much for the effort they put into caring for us all.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 10 November 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

Thanks you for taking the time to write such a lovely comment. We were pleased with how well the clinics went, despite the challenges of vaccine availability this year.

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Flu Vaccination

I went to the Flu Vaccination Clinic on Saturday morning and was so impressed with the fun atmosphere and friendliness of the staff, who were obviously very busy, dealing with the queue of patients waiting their turn. The ambience was great and I felt like I was at a Christmas party. The only thing missing was the wine!

How lucky we all are to have such a well-run Health Centre. Well done to all the staff, whether in administration or medical, for their patience, care, support and kindness, and a very big thank you to you all.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

Sorry about the lack of wine, I can only assume the team got to it before the clinic started.
Seriously though, I'm pleased the clinic was a success, and thanks for acknowledging the administration staff who all work really hard behind the scenes to make it all work.