St George's Medical Centre

01353864100 2A Parsons Lane , Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1JU

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Care of patients suffering with Cancer

I would like to thank the Doctors and staff at St Georges for supporting my wife during her illness of three years with Cancer. We were always able to have an appointment visit or conversation with any of the team of doctors and the telephone call back service was invaluable. They had regular contact with our consultant and supported the treatment that was advised and given. It is with deep sadness that my wife has now passed away, but the telephone call I received from the practice at this difficult time was very comforting. Well done St Georges

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 February 2018

Debbie king gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Person centred care

all to often doctors and surgeries are portrayed in a negative light They are often overworked and needing to meet targets anc can come across as uncaring at times.or make patients feel like we are on a conveyor belt. I visited st George's medical centre and was expecting to be treated for the issue I raised. The doctor wanted to know more about the cause of the issue . She took the time to listen to my situation and made me feel very valued, an individual, and th fact that she made time to listen to me made a huge difference at a time in my life even I hadn't realised was as important as it was until after I had left the surgery and was sat in my car. She made a huge difference to the situation. It would have been so much easier and quicker for her to give me a prescription for the problem rather than taking the time to look at the cause. The follow up treatment I received also was more than I had expected to receive and I am very grateful for the support and the high level of care and empathy the Doctor showed in my situation.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Incoherent and disorganised

The waiting time today was 40 minutes after the set time for appointment.
The nurse was really rude and unprofessional. She basically denied everything I was told by a doctor on Friday.
Will be making an official complaint.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 22 December 2017

I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed, and would like to discuss this with you further. Please feel welcome to contact me here at the surgery.

Kind regards, Simon Randall, Practice Manager, 01353 864133, simon.randall@nhs.net

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Accurate diagnosis and quick action

I was able to see (and am still seeing) the same doctor who originally recognised my cardiac problem.
Through a prompt referral to a specialist hospital unit I am now under their care and guidance.
My GP at St Georges takes an active interest in my case and offers guidance and support.

One hears many negatives about GP's and the NHS in general but I cannot fault the high standard and level of professionalism I have experienced.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 20 February 2018

Chris mackenzie gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

I would like to say how lovely my doctor is, with their easy to approach personality and thoughtfulness. An asset to the surgery

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 22 December 2017

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say so.
Simon Randall, Practice Manager, 01353 864133, simon.randall@nhs.net

James gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Dr

I am an experienced, long term carer for both my wife & a Sister both of whom have life-long health conditions which require much support from their respective GPS. My wife is a St George’s patient & has complex & diverse health issues & I feel that the practice has, over the years, provided a wonderful range of treatments for her & we are grateful. Of late one Dr has been looking after my wife & I am unable in this review, to find words that sufficiently underline my gratitude to the Dr. The Dr is inspirational, they have helped my wife physically with medication, explored non-medication avenues &, as important, greatly assisted with the emotional side of lifetime health issues.
I note that names will not be printed & if this review is not allowed please verbally convey my genuine heartfelt thanks to a real asset to the St Georges practice.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 02 January 2018

Thank you very much for writing your comment. We don't always get it right, but it's great to have feedback when we do. Although our successes come from working as a team, if you would like to email me with the name of the particular doctor, I'll make sure it goes on record.

I'll use this opportunity to thank you, and all our family carers, for the essential work you do. It's rarely an easy role, and sadly, voluntary family carer support still does not get the recognition it deserves; it's estimated that collectively carers in the UK provide £2billion of free care each year - the equivalent to another NHS!

I am proud to say St George's has two Carer Champions on the team, and we have an excellent relationship with the Cambridgeshire Carers Trust. I remind everyone reading this to consider what support the Carers Trust can offer carers. You can contact them direct ( www.carerstrustcpn.org or 0345 241 0954) or via our surgery 01353 864100.

With best wishes to you and yours,

Simon Randall, Practice Manager, simon.randall@nhs.net, 01353 864133

Gillian Smith gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Triage Dr call back

Today I've had a Dr call back who was very abrupt .only used this service twice and have been unlucky enough to have the same Dr. They made me feel very uncomfortable and as if I was wasting their time before I had even told them what was wrong with me. Then was basically told i could see the doctor at a certain time and they put the phone down very abruptly. It left me feeling upset and puts me off going to the surgery.
The nursing staff are always kind and so are most of the Doctors not that I go very often.
If I had spoken to someone at work in that manner I would be in trouble.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your telephone conversation.

Our GP on-call telephone system is designed to assess and prioritise the needs of everyone that contacts the surgery on a particular day, and as such the on call doctor has very limited time; their focus is to direct patients to the most appropriate service. This can be anything from arranging an emergency hospital admission, to booking a routine GP appointment, or referral onwards to advice from a local pharmacist. On the day you called in, the on-call doctors spoke to, and made arrangements for, over 170 people.

However, regardless of how busy they are, everyone at St George's is expected to do their best to put people at ease, and so I apologise that we didn’t get it right for you this time.

I’m glad to read we were able to offer you an appointment, and thank you for your positive comments about the wider team.

I would be happy to discuss your concerns further if you would like, just contact me here at the surgery.

Sincerely, Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

Doug gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

This surgery is for the patients

This surgery is geared up for it's patients. I work out of town and need blood test yes they accommodate me early morning. Need an appointment you get a triage and if needed they see you same day. Doctors are good and will push hospitals to get results and operations. I am 64 been though 3 types of cancer and other life threatening illnesses. Because of them I am well and my family too well done St Geoges

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 03 October 2017

Thank you for you lovely comment; we really appreciate you taking the time to write it, and glad to hear that we’ve been able to help you.

All the very best to you and yours,

Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

Diana Lafferty gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A cracking good GP practice

I have always had five star service from everyone at St George's from the receptionists, medical secretary, phlebotomist, nurse practitioners, and doctors. It is a modern, accessible building filled with caring and professional staff at all levels. It also seems a happy and friendly place.
The whole team should be proud of the service they provide.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for writing such a lovely comment, that's very kind of you. I'll make sure that the team see your feedback: I know they'll be very pleased to hear their hard work is appreciated.

Best wishes,

Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

brenda bean gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service & care

I have always received very good care/service from the surgery, however, recently the service I received was outstanding. I had 2 weeks previously had a fall on holiday, but the pain in my knee was not receding but becoming more severe. On contacting the surgery, the receptionist was very helpful and I received a call back from the GP for triaging within 30 minutes. Within the next 2 hours I had been seen by the GP, referred for an urgent x-ray, discussed, agreed and prescribed stronger pain relief, diagnosed with a fractured patella and on contacting the GP following this outcome referred for urgent physiotherapy. I was treated with the greatest of care and respect and advised if I had any further problems regarding the knee then to contact the surgery/GP for further advise/support.

Thank you to the GP and the staff for taking care of me so well, the care I received and your service is outstanding.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement. It is always great to have such positive feedback. The team here work really hard to get it right for patients. I have passed your comments on to the receptionists and doctors involved, and they were very pleased to read them.

Thanks again, and I hope your knee is on the mend soon.

Best wishes on behalf of the whole team here at St George’s.

Simon Randall, Practice Manger.