St George's Medical Centre

01353864100 2A Parsons Lane , Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1JU

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Medical Care

Went to surgery asking someone to see my son as cut his fingers open, only to be told if he can travel home he can travel to hospital, All he needed was his fingers dressed by a nurse but no not possible nobody can see him, no point waiting, sarcastically told use it or lose it for the minor injuries unit, so he needs to sit for what 2 hours wasting their time when it would take his local nurse 2 minutes to dress them, well thanks for nothing.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 06 December 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with St George's. There are various reasons why it might be in a patient's best interests to refer immediately on to another unit. You don't give your name, but if you would like to contact me, I'd be very happy to discuss your particular situation further. Please don't hesitate to make an appointment if your son needs a follow up check.
01353 864133, simon.randall@nhs.net

Muriel Fuller gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Flu vaccinations

An absolutely full surgery when we arrived which was competently dealt with by the staff. They all were so helpful and kind and, looked after the seriously disabled folk so well. They are to be thanked so much for the effort they put into caring for us all.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 10 November 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

Thanks you for taking the time to write such a lovely comment. We were pleased with how well the clinics went, despite the challenges of vaccine availability this year.

Flu Vaccination

I went to the Flu Vaccination Clinic on Saturday morning and was so impressed with the fun atmosphere and friendliness of the staff, who were obviously very busy, dealing with the queue of patients waiting their turn. The ambience was great and I felt like I was at a Christmas party. The only thing missing was the wine!

How lucky we all are to have such a well-run Health Centre. Well done to all the staff, whether in administration or medical, for their patience, care, support and kindness, and a very big thank you to you all.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

Sorry about the lack of wine, I can only assume the team got to it before the clinic started.
Seriously though, I'm pleased the clinic was a success, and thanks for acknowledging the administration staff who all work really hard behind the scenes to make it all work.

Doug gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't ask for more 5 Star doctors and staff

whenever I attend the practice the Doctors are very good if they are not happy with others outside LGPS they act and get things sorted. Very good in the surgery. Nurses as Doctors 5 Star. Admin staff again 5 Star. Cannot fault this practice at all . always get to speak to a doctor hallway given advice or told to attend

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 13 October 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

Thank you for writing this lovely comment, it's always heartening for the team to hear their efforts don't go unnoticed. It's much appreciated.

A Brilliant Practice

I have attended St George's Medical Centre for 15 years and have always been met with the utmost helpfulness from all staff, Doctors, nurses, phlebotomist, dispensers and of course the invaluable receptionists.
Recently, i have had a spell of problems which have needed an urgent phone call to the surgery. On each occasion a Doctor has telephoned me to discuss the problem and I have been asked to attend immediately. The treatment I have received has been remarkable and I can only say how very lucky we are to have such an amazing facility to look after us.
Thank you to everyone concerned.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 14 September 2018

A belated thank you

When I finished ordering my prescriptions online today, I was invited to give a star rating. I gave five and then casually looked down the page where I saw many reviews. It came to me that I had not given grateful thanks to the doctors who cared for me when I wa suffering from a fall injury. That it was serious they could tell because I was delirious with pain, but they did not know the cause. Sent to the hospital, I recovered slightly but when I came home my legs were as if detached from my body. After various tests the doctors who saw me at short notice decided I should go back to hospital. A couple of weeks later after an MRI scan, they found a fracture. My doctors at the surgery kindly kept my daughter informed as circumstances changed. Coming from London, she was most impressed.
The health centre was so helpful, as they have always been. I signed up with the original practice in 1967, a more leisurely time. In these busy days,k doctors have to learn all they can in ten minutes in order to prescribe or suggest other options. I often think it is quite a thankless task as when a person gets better they don’t attend surgery to say so. I hope doctors get letters to say if they have got it right.
Well, we are where we are, and doctors have todo the best they can, helped by the nursing and office staff. At St. George’s they all seem to work together and are unfailingly courteous, however busy.
So, this is a belated thank you for all the years of help and treatment.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 01 October 2018

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 December 2018

I'm glad to read that we were able to help. It's very kind of you to take the time to show your appreciation of the care you've received over the years; my sincere thanks for taking the time to write.
I hope this find you well, and I hope you have all the support you need - do let us know if you need anything.

First class

I would like to say a huge thank you to the medical secretaries, receptionists, practice nurses and the pharmacy staff at St George’s Medical Centre. Each and every one of them provide the best possible care. As a working carer, the staff help me to get an appointments, that allow me to continue in my employment and my caring role. Nothing is ever too much and I am treated as if I was the only patient. Their professional and compassionate care is second to none. I am so lucky to be a patient at this surgery. The GP’s are a great team and in addition the Practice staff make St George’s Medical Centre the best

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 04 July 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Almost a pleasure to be ill

My wife had to fly back from France, where we holiday for several weeks in the summer now we are retired, for a check up blood test and a follow up to it with one of the nurses who cover type 2 diabetics.
While back she wanted to get a supply of our regular medication for both of us, together with a letter confirming they were genuine medications in case customs at Stansted needed it.
Thankfully we rarely need to see a doctor but the help from the dispensary, office and nursing staff was second to none.
Service at St Georges is first rate.
No idea if the doctors are as good but they have quite the best to keep up with.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

Paul gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Worth moving to Littleport to get superb service

This must be one of the best Health Clinics in the UK
Staff are so helpful, if you have a problem and like me are unable to sometimes get to the Centre they can and will help.
I can not find fault, so happy to be a patient.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 12 August 2018

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

First Class example of patient centred care

I would like to thank my doctor, for the outstanding, professional and compassionate care he provides. As a patient with complex medical problems, this doctor always goes the extra mile to ensure that my health needs are monitored and addressed. Due to one of my many illnesses, I have to rely on my wife to help me to communicate. I witnessed a true representation of patient, carer and GP involvement, second to none. This doctor gave my wife the gift of time and his professional knowledge, to ensure that she understood the treatment I need. This interaction showed how patients, carers and professionals can work together, which benefits us all.I am so glad that I am his patient. I could not have asked for better treatment. St George's Medical Centre has true professionals who each and every day do their very best to ensure their patients have the best possible care. I know that i am very lucky to be a patient at this surgery.The NHS is celebrating it's 70th Anniversary soon and our NHS exists because of medical professionals such as this doctor, who is a credit to the NHS. These days, all we hear are negatives however, the dedication and compassion of this doctor and his colleagues needs to be celebrated and shared. As patients, we need to remember the long working hours our health professionals do and be thankful that they have come in to a profession that is always in the media spotlight yet they do it because they care.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018