St George's Medical Centre

01353864100 2A Parsons Lane , Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 1JU

Chris mackenzie gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

I would like to say how lovely my doctor is, with their easy to approach personality and thoughtfulness. An asset to the surgery

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre has not yet replied.

James gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Dr

I am an experienced, long term carer for both my wife & a Sister both of whom have life-long health conditions which require much support from their respective GPS. My wife is a St George’s patient & has complex & diverse health issues & I feel that the practice has, over the years, provided a wonderful range of treatments for her & we are grateful. Of late one Dr has been looking after my wife & I am unable in this review, to find words that sufficiently underline my gratitude to the Dr. The Dr is inspirational, they have helped my wife physically with medication, explored non-medication avenues &, as important, greatly assisted with the emotional side of lifetime health issues.
I note that names will not be printed & if this review is not allowed please verbally convey my genuine heartfelt thanks to a real asset to the St Georges practice.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Gillian Smith gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Triage Dr call back

Today I've had a Dr call back who was very abrupt .only used this service twice and have been unlucky enough to have the same Dr. They made me feel very uncomfortable and as if I was wasting their time before I had even told them what was wrong with me. Then was basically told i could see the doctor at a certain time and they put the phone down very abruptly. It left me feeling upset and puts me off going to the surgery.
The nursing staff are always kind and so are most of the Doctors not that I go very often.
If I had spoken to someone at work in that manner I would be in trouble.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your telephone conversation.

Our GP on-call telephone system is designed to assess and prioritise the needs of everyone that contacts the surgery on a particular day, and as such the on call doctor has very limited time; their focus is to direct patients to the most appropriate service. This can be anything from arranging an emergency hospital admission, to booking a routine GP appointment, or referral onwards to advice from a local pharmacist. On the day you called in, the on-call doctors spoke to, and made arrangements for, over 170 people.

However, regardless of how busy they are, everyone at St George's is expected to do their best to put people at ease, and so I apologise that we didn’t get it right for you this time.

I’m glad to read we were able to offer you an appointment, and thank you for your positive comments about the wider team.

I would be happy to discuss your concerns further if you would like, just contact me here at the surgery.

Sincerely, Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

Doug gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

This surgery is for the patients

This surgery is geared up for it's patients. I work out of town and need blood test yes they accommodate me early morning. Need an appointment you get a triage and if needed they see you same day. Doctors are good and will push hospitals to get results and operations. I am 64 been though 3 types of cancer and other life threatening illnesses. Because of them I am well and my family too well done St Geoges

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 03 October 2017

Thank you for you lovely comment; we really appreciate you taking the time to write it, and glad to hear that we’ve been able to help you.

All the very best to you and yours,

Diana Lafferty gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A cracking good GP practice

I have always had five star service from everyone at St George's from the receptionists, medical secretary, phlebotomist, nurse practitioners, and doctors. It is a modern, accessible building filled with caring and professional staff at all levels. It also seems a happy and friendly place.
The whole team should be proud of the service they provide.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for writing such a lovely comment, that's very kind of you. I'll make sure that the team see your feedback: I know they'll be very pleased to hear their hard work is appreciated.

brenda bean gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service & care

I have always received very good care/service from the surgery, however, recently the service I received was outstanding. I had 2 weeks previously had a fall on holiday, but the pain in my knee was not receding but becoming more severe. On contacting the surgery, the receptionist was very helpful and I received a call back from the GP for triaging within 30 minutes. Within the next 2 hours I had been seen by the GP, referred for an urgent x-ray, discussed, agreed and prescribed stronger pain relief, diagnosed with a fractured patella and on contacting the GP following this outcome referred for urgent physiotherapy. I was treated with the greatest of care and respect and advised if I had any further problems regarding the knee then to contact the surgery/GP for further advise/support.

Thank you to the GP and the staff for taking care of me so well, the care I received and your service is outstanding.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement. It is always great to have such positive feedback. The team here work really hard to get it right for patients. I have passed your comments on to the receptionists and doctors involved, and they were very pleased to read them.

Thanks again, and I hope your knee is on the mend soon.

Best wishes on behalf of the whole team here at St George’s.

Simon Randall, Practice Manger.

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

A different experience overtime I go

Some of the Drs and phlebotomists are nice while others my opinion are a bit rude.

One example was with one of the Drs who when I told them about a medication I took previously they adamently told me that I wrong and must be confused, without even looking at my records. I insisted that they check my file and once they did they quickly changed the subject and started lecturing me on my responsibility to call for test results if I ever have bloods processed.

I've also had a wonderful and sweet phlobotomist who was kind and caring from the moment I walked in until I left. I've had several appts here and it really is a mixed bag ranging from kind and caring to indifferent and abrupt.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 23 August 2017

Thank you for your comment, all feedback is useful to us. I'm sorry to read that you have had some negative experiences along with you positive ones. I will make sure our Phlebotomist hears your kind words, and take your comments to the weekly GP meeting as well.

I would be very happy to discuss your experiences further with you if you would like; please feel welcome contact me at simon.randall@nhs.net, or call me on my direct line of 01353 864133.

Mark Johnson gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

I find this practice outstanding!

My experience of St George's Medical Practice has been nothing less than outstanding! The Receptionists work extremey well under pressure and are extremely helpful in any way needed.

The Doctors are very good generally and some f them I rate Outstanding!

Healthcare a=Assistants and support staff are extremely professional in their various tasks.

I have absolutely no hesitation in rating this practice generally OUTSTANDING!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you so much for this lovely comment. Outstanding is the key word, and something that we strive to be every day. The team always get a lift when their efforts are noticed and appreciated like this. Thank you on behalf of everyone here at St George's.

Simon Randall, Practice Manager

Anonymous gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful practice manager

There has been an issue with ear-syringe equipment at the surgery, as a result of poor manufacturing by the monopoly supplier of such equipment. This resulted in an appointment for the necessary procedure having to be cancelled and the problem getting worse.
The practice manager was very helpful in explaining the problem and outlining how they might be able to help get the necessary procedure carried out, if necessary, externally. In the event the practice were able to get some working equipment and the manager telephoned me to invite me to come in and have the treatment.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 03 March 2017

Thank you for your comment, very kind of you to take the time to write it.

Glad we could be of assistance, and that we were eventually able to get things sorted for you.

Simon Randall, Practice Manager

Jude Galloway gave St George's Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Care, consideration and patience

I want to express my gratitude to the staff at St. Geo. Medical Centre, to one doctor in particular who has shown me such care and consideration and patience during the last six months. Also a big shout out to the nurses who have also looked after me in a caring professional manner.

The NHS has not been receiving the best publicity lately, but I can't praise my surgery enough, thank you St Georges, you're the best.

Jude Galloway.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

St George's Medical Centre replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a comment, especially such a lovely one. I have passed on your comments to the team and they all send their warmest regards.

Regarding publicity, I’d encourage people to make use of approved feedback sites such as this one. It helps keep information specific to a particular service, so helping avoid the inevitable generalisations by national media, and allows areas of excellence - or weakness - to be seen much more clearly. This type of feedback also helps local services hear what they’re doing well or less well, and helps inform patients so they can make the best choices for themselves and their families. All that can't be bad!

Thanks again for your lovely feedback,

Best wishes to you and yours,