St George's Medical Centre

1. Review titled Caring and competent

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 October 2019

We are mature patients, under the care of St Georges for 10 years As we both have chronic conditions we are fairly frequent visitors. We cannot speak highly enough of the Medical and nursing staff for their competence and compassion. The Reception Staff make us feel welcome and make great effort to refer us to the appropriate Clinician. Dispensary Staff are the best we have ever encountered. The Phlebotomists are 5*. We are unable to find fault with the Practice.

Visited October 2019

2. Review titled Great practice

by Peter Noble - Posted on 15 October 2019

I have seen several doctors at the practice ,I cannot Express just how caring efficient professional these people are, from the moment you contact the practice you are made to feel you are the most important person the staff throughout the practice are the most caring pleasant people you could wish to meet. And there is a very special place waiting for them all. Thank you to every one at the practice it's a shame other practices do not follow the same kind considerate practices the staff follow at st George's.

Visited October 2019

3. Review titled Outstanding practice

by Ann Longley - Posted on 11 October 2019

St George's is possibly the best practice I have ever been registered with. The majority of the GP's are very good, and a couple are truly excellent. All the nurses are lovely, and everyone is friendly and supportive. The only drawback, is because it is such a good practice, it can be difficult to get an appointment with your own doctor. However, if you have an urgent problem, and call and speak to your doctor, they will endeavour to see you. I cannot recommend St George's more highly, and long may it remain so.

Replied on 16 October 2019

Dear Mrs Longley, what a lovely comment; thanks for taking the time to post it - it's really appreciated by the team here. We are currently looking at ways to further improve the availability of our doctors and booking choices for patients - watch this space! Kind regards, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

4. Review titled Excellent service

by Stephen Biddle - Posted on 07 October 2019

I attended for my annual flu jab today and the experience was very quick, virtually no waiting. The staff were courteous and professional. Obviously a good plan had been devised to see as many people as possible. Many thanks!

Replied on 16 October 2019

Dear Mr Biddle, thank you for posting this. The team here work really hard to organise the flu clinics so they run smoothly. We actually start making arrangements in July, with planning made particularly tricky the last two years because of last-minute delays in the delivery of vaccines across the country - so your comment is very much appreciated. Kind regards, Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

5. Review titled Exceptional every time

by Geoff Bailey - Posted on 17 October 2019

Recently diagnosed with serious condition so have visited health centre frequently over past 4 months. I cannot praise everyone involved enough.First class service from all teams and the doctor, amazing.

6. Review titled Practise always looking to improve

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

This is a fairly large practice offering a range of services and looking to continue to evolve. I am very happy to discuss my various condidtions during a same day phone call and have always been offered an appointment with a GP or Nurse practicioner later that day if necessary. If you wish to see a particular GP there may be a delay of a few days, but that is a choice each individual has to make. I am very happy with the consultations, treatments and referrals I have received, some of which must be hugely expensive for the NHS. We are fortunate to have such an excellent Medical Centre within our community.

Visited July 2019

Replied on 16 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. You're absolutely right - we are always striving to evolve and improve, for example we have recently begun Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm screening here each month for men aged 65 and over. Service developments aside, we want the care we offer here to be paramount - so thank you for commenting you've been happy with your consultations, treatments and referrals. Best wishes from myself and the whole team, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

7. Review titled Super Team

by Terence Hunter - Posted on 18 June 2019

I can only give 100% praise to the whole team of doctors and nurses last week ,on my visit to the surgery last week for a routine appointment, I was not feeling well after my appointment no fault of the doctor who I had seen five minutes early, when standing at the the reception desk I collapsed straight to the floor hitting my head and other parts of my body, whilst unconscious. At the time I did not know what was going on but when I came round I had the four practice doctors in attendance and a nurse and was being throughly looked after by all the team in a caring-but professional manner. All the staff worked on me and continued to monitor me for over 30 mins, the nurse was particularly concerned and kept reassuring me that I was fine and that they were waiting for a ambulance to arrive. In total the doctors and the nurse cared for me for over an hour. I was monitored for the whole period, the staff even called my wife and reassured her I was ok and no need to panic, we often don’t give enough praise to our surgery but we should all be thankful we have such a great team of doctors and support at St George’s medical centre.

Visited June 2019

Replied on 18 June 2019

Thank you for taking time to write such lovely feedback, which the team have all read. We're just glad you're ok. Do let us know if you need anything further or any follow up. Kind regards, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

8. Review titled My GP has been excellent

by Simon Crosland - Posted on 25 April 2019

I am about to move away from the area so regrettably I will not in the future be able to benefit from the excellent care provided by St Georges Medical Centre. I moved in to this area in 2005 and about a year later my elderly parents moved to live with us also. The care provided by the senior partner for my parents (who were both dementia sufferers) was very good. I have a long running heart arrhythmia condition and gain I have found the care provided by the senior partner to be excellent. There is of course a team of GPs here and have generally found consultations to be thorough and communication is good.I have also found the services provided by the nursing team to be good and efficient. I have found the introduction of telephone discussions with the GPs to work well. Medical Receptionists frequently get a bad press but I would say that, whilst some of the team here could remember to smile a little more, I have always been treated with courtesy and patience, and the staff generally work hard to set up an appointment when you need one.

Visited April 2019

Replied on 25 April 2019

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the team and the care your family has received from St George's. I hope your move goes well and wish you all the best for the future. Sincerely, Simon Randall, Practice Manager.

9. Review titled Brilliant Phlebotomist

by Adrienne Boydell - Posted on 17 April 2019

I was always very apprehensive about having blood taken. However, I don't worry about it at all like I used to, as the Phlebotomist at St Georges is excellent at her job. She gives total confidence, she is very quick, going straight into the vein and swapping the test tubes with speed and skill. She totally puts you at your ease, and is a lovely person to chat to take your mind off what is going on!

Visited April 2019

Replied on 17 April 2019

Thank you for the lovely feedback. It was shared at our team meeting and Tina was really chuffed to receive it. Much appreciated. Best wishes, Simon Randall, Practice Manager

10. Review titled Thanks for everything

by David & Annie - Posted on 12 September 2019

My wife and I have been patients at St George's for nearly 20 years. I am writing to thank everyone at the practice for their professional approach and friendliness. As I drift into old age I have needed the occasional visit and I can honestly say that neither my wife nor I feel any anxiety about attending our appointments. Our doctor is always clear and patient and even laughs at my jokes in addition to keeping us both well. Over the years we have got to know many of the staff at St George's and we would like to thank everyone for treating us so well. We wish the practice every success and would happily recommend it to anyone.

Visited January 2019

Replied on 16 October 2019

Dear David and Annie, thank you so much for writing such a lovely comment as you 'drift into old age'. Our doctors are specially trained to laugh at your jokes, and we offer them counselling services or time off afterwards. Seriously though, thanks for your continued support for the Practice and we look forward to keeping you out of trouble for many years to come. Best wishes, Simon Randall, Practice Manager