Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner

01132058100 Sunfield Place, Stanningley , Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 6DR

Anonymous gave Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing service

I have been a patient at this practice from a young age, and before recently have been happy with the level of care. But unfortunately I feel things have declined in recent years. The reception staff can be quite rude and unhelpful, and have given me incorrect information on a few occasions now. Before now, I've called to confirm date/time of an appointment, to turn up and be told it's the next day. I just called today for some results I was really worried about; the receptionist I spoke to was very curt and hung up on me before I could discuss booking an appointment with the nurse for further tests. Unfortunately, I think I'll be applying for a place elsewhere.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 22 January 2018

Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner replied on 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the service we provide. We are sorry that you feel you have had a bad experience and your concerns with be looked into. We strive to provide a high standard of service and take any comments good or bad seriously. We have recently taken on new members of staff that are still undergoing training, and staff attitudes will be monitored. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact the Business Partner, Derrick Allen or Assistant Manager Jacqui.

Jill gave Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner a rating of 5 stars

This is an excellent surgery- top marks in all areas!

This surgery is fantastic! Well run and very organised with positive and friendly staff .Very polite receptionists; great teamwork, they are respectful,extremely helpful and very accommodating. Excellent customer service. No issues getting appointments.
My doctor is very knowledgeable and approachable.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 September 2017

Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner replied on 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the surgery and the service we provide. Without patients input we don't know if what we are doing is right or if there are things that could be changed. We appreciate comments good and bad.

Tracey gave Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner a rating of 5 stars

Lack of safe parking for cyclists

Been to the "well woman" clinic today. I like to use my cycle as much as possible to keep me active, but when I arrived today, I found nowhere safe or suitable to secure my cycle. There was nothing anywhere to safely leave my bike so I wheeled it into the practise, when walking through the main entrance, I was met by the practise manager who said that I could leave my bike in the building, but only this time, and in future should make other arrangements? Rally? And this is encouraging me to keep fit in what way? Very disappointed with their lack of understanding. Cyclists should be able to go to the practise in the safe knowledge that their bike is locked safely without making you feel like you have done something wrong.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 July 2017

Dr Kw Mcgechaen & Partner replied on 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in reply, this was due to being on annual leave. I am sorry that I didn't have time to discuss this further when we met in reception, but I was on my way to a meeting. Patients who do come to surgery on their cycles generally fasten their cycles on the hand rails in front of the car park, but as you mentioned, you had forgotten your chain, I said on this occasion it was ok to leave your bike in the waiting area but pointed out that this is not safe for patients, staff or anyone visiting the practice as it could be a health and safety issue. I do feel my comments were justified on this occasion. In view of your comments the practice will be looking to have a secure area for cycles. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.