Laurel Bank Surgery

1. Review titled If you have mobility problems beware

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 July 2019

The main reason for me moving practice is that you are restricted in seeing the gp you want due to the stairs to the rooms always a problem getting appointments. Also when visiting nurse I waited 45 min when I went to reception I was told that they had a emergency and I would have to wait. Which I did not mind as the nurse could not help that but why did reception not inform next patient, POOR communication and basic decency towards patients.

Visited June 2019

Replied on 12 July 2019

I am sorry you had a long wait time, but as you kindly agree, sometimes this is necessary. I agree, it would be very helpful for patients if receptionists were able to let them know when a clinician is running late, however this is not always possible as the staff are busy with other work. We will be discussing this comment at our team meeting, however, to raise awareness of this issue. Regarding the stairs, we do have consultation rooms on the ground floor and GPs will always ensure patients with mobility issues are seen downstairs if they are booked into a GP with a first floor consultation room in error. I am afraid there is nothing we can do in terms of altering the building and installing a lift - all options have been looked at over the years, but have been unfeasible.

2. Review titled Great help to Patient and police

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 February 2019

I work for North Yorkshire Police and visited a victim of crime in York, who lived in Leeds. She started to tell me about having suicidal thoughts. She was desperate for some professional help and luckily identified this herself. I was not sure of local services available to her and advised that she should visit her GP. She agreed to this but the longer our conversation went on the more concerned I was for the young woman. I asked her if she would like me to visit the GPs at Laurel Bank Surgery with her and she said she would. I introduced myself and asked to speak to someone privately. I spoke to the Surgery manager in her office and explained the situation. She arranged for an emergency appointment there and then with a doctor. I cannot thank her and the other staff I spoke to that day enough, for dealing with the young woman so promptly and compassionately. I have since spoken to the victims mother who was very grateful for the help her daughter received from the professional staff at the Laurel Bank Surgery.

Visited February 2019

Replied on 07 February 2019

We are very happy to have helped in this matter. Please accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback.

3. Review titled Outstanding Service

by Lawrence Lorriman - Posted on 28 June 2018

My experience of been a patient at laurel bank surgery is nothing more than outstanding and the service you receive from the reception right up to the gps and the nurses too is fantastic.

Visited June 2018

Replied on 28 June 2018

Thank you, it is genuinely rewarding to hear such a positive comment, as we do try very hard to deliver the best service we can.

4. Review titled Prescription request

by Carmel Facer - Posted on 25 May 2018

Emailed request for prescription (1st time) not usually on repeat prescription. Excellent service saves me taking time off work to see a doctor.

Visited May 2018

Replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for your comment, yes in some cases it is safe to prescribe medication without seeing the patient in person, particularly with minor ailments. We are happy we have been able to help you.

5. Review titled This surgery is amazing.

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 March 2018

Having been a patient for many years at this practice I have nothing but high praise for the whole team. I needed an urgent appointment on Wednesday morning and was seen immediately by a doctor who treated me promptly with kindness and great care. I can honestly say this is always my experience when visiting the surgery, such a caring practice.

Visited March 2018

Replied on 16 March 2018

Receiving comments like these gives the whole team a boost and we are sincerely grateful to you for such kind feedback.

6. Review titled The best GPs

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 May 2018

A brilliant surgery, very patient focused, friendly reception staff, really good all round.

Visited March 2018

Replied on 23 May 2018

Thank you for your kind, supportive feedback.

7. Review titled Wonderfukl

by Charlotte - Posted on 01 November 2017

I rarely go to the doctors I'm lucky to not need to. I have been do the surgery a few years now and each visit has been just what I expect. From booking the appointment to arrival and appointment, all the staff from reception and doctors and nurses are exceptionally polite and helpful. I don't feel patronized. As I work full time there opening hours are great they will always find one that works around my schedule, without this feeling like a chore! I have never felt relaxed at the doctors, who does, they seem so calm and welcoming they it helps.

Visited November 2017

Replied on 01 November 2017

Thank you for such kind comments. We share all NHS Choices comments with the whole team and positive feedback is highly valued by us and it helps keep morale and spirits high.

8. Review titled Best in Leeds

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 October 2017

Even though I have moved out of the area I will always go to Laurel Bank Surgery. I have always had good experiences with the staff, who make the effort to make you feel at ease. The Doctor and Nurse teams work really well together. I have tried surgeries nearer to my house but you don't get the same service. It can be hard to get through to them on the phone sometimes but that's not what is important in a GP.

Visited October 2017

Replied on 20 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. With regards to the phone, we are increasingly encouraging patients to book online using Patient Access, and have opened up even more appointments available for online booking. We have also taken on an extra receptionist to try and get the calls answered more quickly without rushing patients. We appreciate your very kind comments regarding our service and thank you for taking the time to leave the feedback.