Laurel Bank Surgery

1. Review titled If you have mobility problems beware

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 July 2019

The main reason for me moving practice is that you are restricted in seeing the gp you want due to the stairs to the rooms always a problem getting appointments. Also when visiting nurse I waited 45 min when I went to reception I was told that they had a emergency and I would have to wait. Which I did not mind as the nurse could not help that but why did reception not inform next patient, POOR communication and basic decency towards patients.

Visited June 2019

Report review titled If you have mobility problems beware as unsuitable

Replied on 12 July 2019

I am sorry you had a long wait time, but as you kindly agree, sometimes this is necessary. I agree, it would be very helpful for patients if receptionists were able to let them know when a clinician is running late, however this is not always possible as the staff are busy with other work. We will be discussing this comment at our team meeting, however, to raise awareness of this issue. Regarding the stairs, we do have consultation rooms on the ground floor and GPs will always ensure patients with mobility issues are seen downstairs if they are booked into a GP with a first floor consultation room in error. I am afraid there is nothing we can do in terms of altering the building and installing a lift - all options have been looked at over the years, but have been unfeasible.

2. Review titled Great help to Patient and police

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 February 2019

I work for North Yorkshire Police and visited a victim of crime in York, who lived in Leeds. She started to tell me about having suicidal thoughts. She was desperate for some professional help and luckily identified this herself. I was not sure of local services available to her and advised that she should visit her GP. She agreed to this but the longer our conversation went on the more concerned I was for the young woman. I asked her if she would like me to visit the GPs at Laurel Bank Surgery with her and she said she would. I introduced myself and asked to speak to someone privately. I spoke to the Surgery manager in her office and explained the situation. She arranged for an emergency appointment there and then with a doctor. I cannot thank her and the other staff I spoke to that day enough, for dealing with the young woman so promptly and compassionately. I have since spoken to the victims mother who was very grateful for the help her daughter received from the professional staff at the Laurel Bank Surgery.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Great help to Patient and police as unsuitable

Replied on 07 February 2019

We are very happy to have helped in this matter. Please accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback.

3. Review titled Outstanding Service

by Lawrence Lorriman - Posted on 28 June 2018

My experience of been a patient at laurel bank surgery is nothing more than outstanding and the service you receive from the reception right up to the gps and the nurses too is fantastic.

Visited June 2018

Report review titled Outstanding Service as unsuitable

Replied on 28 June 2018

Thank you, it is genuinely rewarding to hear such a positive comment, as we do try very hard to deliver the best service we can.

4. Review titled Prescription request

by Carmel Facer - Posted on 25 May 2018

Emailed request for prescription (1st time) not usually on repeat prescription. Excellent service saves me taking time off work to see a doctor.

Visited May 2018

Report review titled Prescription request as unsuitable

Replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you for your comment, yes in some cases it is safe to prescribe medication without seeing the patient in person, particularly with minor ailments. We are happy we have been able to help you.

5. Review titled This surgery is amazing.

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 March 2018

Having been a patient for many years at this practice I have nothing but high praise for the whole team. I needed an urgent appointment on Wednesday morning and was seen immediately by a doctor who treated me promptly with kindness and great care. I can honestly say this is always my experience when visiting the surgery, such a caring practice.

Visited March 2018

Report review titled This surgery is amazing. as unsuitable

Replied on 16 March 2018

Receiving comments like these gives the whole team a boost and we are sincerely grateful to you for such kind feedback.

6. Review titled The best GPs

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 May 2018

A brilliant surgery, very patient focused, friendly reception staff, really good all round.

Visited March 2018

Report review titled The best GPs as unsuitable

Replied on 23 May 2018

Thank you for your kind, supportive feedback.