Laurel Bank Surgery

01132953900 216B Kirkstall Lane , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 3DS

Lawrence Lorriman gave Laurel Bank Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Service

My experience of been a patient at laurel bank surgery is nothing more than outstanding and the service you receive from the reception right up to the gps and the nurses too is fantastic.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 28 June 2018

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 28 June 2018

Thank you, it is genuinely rewarding to hear such a positive comment, as we do try very hard to deliver the best service we can.

Carmel Facer gave Laurel Bank Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Prescription request

Emailed request for prescription (1st time) not usually on repeat prescription. Excellent service saves me taking time off work to see a doctor.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 May 2018

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 29 May 2018

Thank you for your comment, yes in some cases it is safe to prescribe medication without seeing the patient in person, particularly with minor ailments. We are happy we have been able to help you.

This surgery is amazing.

Having been a patient for many years at this practice I have nothing but high praise for the whole team. I needed an urgent appointment on Wednesday morning and was seen immediately by a doctor who treated me promptly with kindness and great care. I can honestly say this is always my experience when visiting the surgery, such a caring practice.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 16 March 2018

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 16 March 2018

Receiving comments like these gives the whole team a boost and we are sincerely grateful to you for such kind feedback.

The best GPs

A brilliant surgery, very patient focused, friendly reception staff, really good all round.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 29 May 2018

Thank you for your kind, supportive feedback.

Charlotte gave Laurel Bank Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Wonderfukl

I rarely go to the doctors I'm lucky to not need to.
I have been do the surgery a few years now and each visit has been just what I expect. From booking the appointment to arrival and appointment, all the staff from reception and doctors and nurses are exceptionally polite and helpful.
I don't feel patronized.
As I work full time there opening hours are great they will always find one that works around my schedule, without this feeling like a chore!
I have never felt relaxed at the doctors, who does, they seem so calm and welcoming they it helps.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 08 January 2018

Thank you for such kind comments. We share all NHS Choices comments with the whole team and positive feedback is highly valued by us and it helps keep morale and spirits high.

Best in Leeds

Even though I have moved out of the area I will always go to Laurel Bank Surgery. I have always had good experiences with the staff, who make the effort to make you feel at ease. The Doctor and Nurse teams work really well together. I have tried surgeries nearer to my house but you don't get the same service. It can be hard to get through to them on the phone sometimes but that's not what is important in a GP.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 08 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. With regards to the phone, we are increasingly encouraging patients to book online using Patient Access, and have opened up even more appointments available for online booking. We have also taken on an extra receptionist to try and get the calls answered more quickly without rushing patients.

We appreciate your very kind comments regarding our service and thank you for taking the time to leave the feedback.

Friendly listening practice.

I moved to this practice last year. I have a number of conditions and sometimes need to see a Dr urgently. I like being able to book on line and to order my repeat prescriptions. All staff are friendly, polite and considerate. It's nice to be greeted with a smile no matter how busy they are. I have never had to wait for an urgent appointment and I am never made to feel like my visit wasn't nessessary.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 January 2017

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 16 January 2017

Thank you for such a positive comment. We do try to make it easy for patients to make appointments and to be treated well by the staff who work here, so it is very rewarding for us to hear this matters to patients.

Anonymous gave Laurel Bank Surgery a rating of 1 stars

All aspects of this surgery are very disappointing.

I wish I had a good word to say about this surgery but unfortunately every aspect of it is bad.
One GP here in response to any illness, just tells me I should start following a healthy lifestyle, despite me always explaining to them that I do follow a healthy lifestyle already.
I'm lean, I exercise multiple times a week and I eat a healthy diet.
I follow a healthy diet because my health is important to me, unfortunately my health is of no concern to the GPs at this surgery.
This is my first review but I should add I've received poor service from this practice every time I have visited.
At this surgery, the GPs, receptionists & practice management are rude and unhelpful.
They do not respond to complaints.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 20 January 2017

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 25 January 2017

Thank you for your comments. I would encourage you to make a formal complaint in writing or by phone to the Practice Manager to discuss your issues, as we would like to investigate your concerns further.

You state that the practice does not respond to complaints, which would suggest you have made a complaint that has not been responded to. If this is the case, please contact the surgery immediately so that we can look into this, as this goes directly against our principles of patient engagement and service improvement. We respond to concerns and complaint promptly and aim to have the issue resolved within a week. Our complaints system is externally audited, so please be reassured that we will take your complaint seriously. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Laurel Bank Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Please never visit this surgery. Very bad.

The GPs show no compassion or regard for their patients.
The GPs rush you through the appointment to the extent that nothing is ever achieved.
There's a long wait for appointments.
The surgery do not involve the patients in any decision regarding the patients care or treatment.
This GPs practice do not provide accurate and up to date information on services.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 20 January 2017

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 25 January 2017

I am sorry to hear you feel you have experienced such things at our surgery. Your concerns seem varied, so I would encourage you to ring and discuss your concerns in more detail, so that we can look at which particular GP you found unhelpful, and try to improve our service. Your comment on waiting times is surprising as regular patient surveys show that our access to appointments is excellent. However, if this has been your experience it would help us greatly to know what problems you have experienced. Thank you.

Excellent and caring service

This GP practice is wonderful in all aspects and I find it difficult to equate my, and my husband's, considerable experiences of it (doctors, nurses, staff, communications, appointment and surgery waiting times, online appointment booking and requesting repeat prescriptions) with the negative comments written about it.

We are very lucky to be served by Laurel Bank Surgery.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 08 February 2017

Laurel Bank Surgery replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you, we do appreciate the kindness of your message and your time & effort in leaving a review.