Church View Surgery

01132600021 Crossgates Medical Centre, Church View Surgery, Station Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 8BZ

Sandra Fowler gave Church View Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Church View Surgery review

I have been a patient of this practice for years and have never had a problem with them.

Yes I have two favourite doctors but 99.9% of the doctors I have seen over the years have been excellent.

Making an appointment to see your 'favourite doctor' can mean a wait but by us having a favourite is making it a problem.

If I am ill and I feel it is urgent I will see any doctor who happens to be available at any time I am given.

The reception staff are great, they are friendly and try their best to give you the appointment you need. They can only give you what is available on their screens they are not magicians.

Taking everything into consideration I cannot give this surgery any less than 10 out of 10.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 September 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 1 stars

"Ring back once it's urgent..."

See a doctor in 21 days time or ring back when it becomes An emergency, that's what I was told. Totally unacceptable.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Time waster

Having many different health issues. It's hard to get them addressed it more than one part of my conditions flair up at the same time. I find now that m a commodity and not a person- even feel like a burden to the practice and intimidated and scared to ask for help.
I have seen some very nice Good GPS but some should re read their oaths.this saddens me as it spoils what used to be an excellent practice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 3 stars

no empathy and no help when you really need it

With pain, high temperature and swollen I did not receive any help at reception except call for an ambulance offer. Next day I was there again, this time I was sent straight to the hospital with possible sepsa diagnosis. It was my GP practice for years, and there were a few excellent doctors but after that I felt completely lost and abandoned.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Ordering repeat prescription

I have tried to call and order a repeat prescription but was told that this could no be done over the phone, this had to be either done through the pharmacy, in person ( I work and do no get home in time to call at the surgery ) , email, fax or letter. When I asked why I was just told that it is procedure now. Not being accommodating to working people. I have recently moved pharmacy due to the one I have left never getting my prescription correct, the other pharmacy will not order my repeats until they have had one of the prescription from the doctors. This doctors is getting worse, the staff talk down to you and have no empathy at all. Seriously considering moving.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Helpful and respectful

The staff here try hard to provide a good service despite the relentless pressures everyone in the NHS face. There are electronic means to request prescriptions and appointments so if you're working then use these options!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

Ridiculous Appointment System

This used to be a great GP Surgery, is it so difficult to get an appointment now, I went into the surgery the other day and the next pre-bookable appointment was in the next 3 weeks! Just absolutely disgusting.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

Being told a couple of weeks in a row that there are no appointments at all is terrible. I was told to ring for cancellations, but working full time means that I can't continually ring for cancellations or answer a call at any time!

I'm not sure why the doctors are currently so booked up, but being open for longer hours, including weekends for those who work full time, and answering the phone when people need to call as they are on lunch would be helpful!

Booking weeks ahead is also not helpful when you're actually ill, it'll be sending more people to A and E when they don't need to be there! It's hardly asking much to be able to make an appointment for a service we pay taxes for, especially for those like myself who don't make appointments much.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Still sick gave Church View Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Awful doctors and getting worse!

As if waiting for an appointment doesn't take long enough. Good luck discussing what you need to with the doctor. I had three issues I needed to discuss with the doctor. About 4 minutes into my appointment I was told I was "out of time" and so had to leave with only one of my issues resolved. I'd have to come back for another appointment if I wanted help with my remaining issues. I've had issues with depression in the past and there must be some sort of 'blacklist' we aren't told about. The chemist won't even sell me the mildest of over the counter sleeping tablets. Pointless really as I just went and bought them from Sainsbury's up the road. Shocking level of patient care. If you are looking for a new doctor, do not go here!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The doctors are very good all of them when you can get an appointment which is nigh on impossible. You have an on line system for patients to make appointments on line .. there are never any on there. You cant get an appointment for weeks when you ring up. The worst is that the phones are off everyday for 2 hours when people like myself have lunch breaks from work and want to ring cant because the phones are off . And tuesdays afternoons cliosed for training thats ridiculous and wednesday afternoons closed. Its practically impossible for a working person to ring or get one of the so called out of office appointments. You are not very patient friendly towards full time working patients.The online appointments were great to start with now there are none whenever i go on line which is much easier for patients who work .. i personally dont think you put any on there any more. How much training do you need to do surely 1 person could answer the phones to help patients that need help. Same on a Wednesday!! And 2 hours for lunch i wish . I hope you will take the critiscms on board and act upon them. Most of the complaints on here are of the same vein surley that should prompt you to look at your appointments system and do somethingvto change it. What about a sit and wait surgery again or a walk in surgery for people like me that work . Something to think about

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017