Church View Surgery

01132600021 Crossgates Medical Centre, Church View Surgery (2nd Floor), Station Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 8BZ

mary e bligh gave Church View Surgery a rating of 5 stars

appointments

During the last month I rang surgery twice and on each occasion a Doctor rang me back within ten minutes and immediately sorted out my problem. This service has to be labelled excellent. This is a wonderful improved service and thanks to all concerned.
well done!
May this be the start of needed improvements at this Surgery.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 October 2018

Church View Surgery replied on 30 November 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for the wonderful comment.

It is very much appreciated and I will feed it back to the team.

Julie Sutcliffe
Manager

Lack of Empathy and Understanding

.I have been a patient at this surgery for over thirty years. I have a life long disability and due to decreasing mobility and quite complex health needs am now confined to a wheelchair, having to be hoisted in and out. That said I don't need the Dr's that often and do visit surgery when I possibly can if I need attention. I also have hearing difficulties particularily on the phone and the surgery have been provided with alternative means of contacting me if I can't hear. They are also aware of my mobility issues. I live alone with the support of carers who visit four times a day for brief periods of time. Yesterday a Carer contacted the Ambulance Service on my behalf as I needed quite urgent medical assistance, who subsequently contacted the Surgery to ask them to send a Community Nurse out as soon as possible. I was phoned by the Dr (who should have phoned the carer), the carer and I explained the situation and the reply from the Dr to quote was 'I'm not being awkward, but if you can't get to Surgery there's nothing I can do' and put the phone down. Sadly that attitude seems to be the norm these days rather than the exception

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 15 March 2018

Time waster

Having many different health issues. It's hard to get them addressed it more than one part of my conditions flair up at the same time. I find now that m a commodity and not a person- even feel like a burden to the practice and intimidated and scared to ask for help.
I have seen some very nice Good GPS but some should re read their oaths.this saddens me as it spoils what used to be an excellent practice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017

gilly gave Church View Surgery a rating of 4 stars

appointments

with a ever increasing population around cross gates its getting harder and harder to get an appointment in the surgery, some times weeks ,, not the doctors or staffs fault i might add but very frustrating ,,
i had a very bad accident with my leg and after leaving hospital care found it hard to get in but always gave me a ring back and got in straight away , the doctors just told me to ring and if i couldnt get in just ask for a ring back about my leg and if i had any concerns ,

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Sandra Fowler gave Church View Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Church View Surgery review

I have been a patient of this practice for years and have never had a problem with them.

Yes I have two favourite doctors but 99.9% of the doctors I have seen over the years have been excellent.

Making an appointment to see your 'favourite doctor' can mean a wait but by us having a favourite is making it a problem.

If I am ill and I feel it is urgent I will see any doctor who happens to be available at any time I am given.

The reception staff are great, they are friendly and try their best to give you the appointment you need. They can only give you what is available on their screens they are not magicians.

Taking everything into consideration I cannot give this surgery any less than 10 out of 10.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 September 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 1 stars

"Ring back once it's urgent..."

See a doctor in 21 days time or ring back when it becomes An emergency, that's what I was told. Totally unacceptable.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 3 stars

no empathy and no help when you really need it

With pain, high temperature and swollen I did not receive any help at reception except call for an ambulance offer. Next day I was there again, this time I was sent straight to the hospital with possible sepsa diagnosis. It was my GP practice for years, and there were a few excellent doctors but after that I felt completely lost and abandoned.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Ordering repeat prescription

I have tried to call and order a repeat prescription but was told that this could no be done over the phone, this had to be either done through the pharmacy, in person ( I work and do no get home in time to call at the surgery ) , email, fax or letter. When I asked why I was just told that it is procedure now. Not being accommodating to working people. I have recently moved pharmacy due to the one I have left never getting my prescription correct, the other pharmacy will not order my repeats until they have had one of the prescription from the doctors. This doctors is getting worse, the staff talk down to you and have no empathy at all. Seriously considering moving.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Helpful and respectful

The staff here try hard to provide a good service despite the relentless pressures everyone in the NHS face. There are electronic means to request prescriptions and appointments so if you're working then use these options!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

Anonymous gave Church View Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Ridiculous Appointment System

This used to be a great GP Surgery, is it so difficult to get an appointment now, I went into the surgery the other day and the next pre-bookable appointment was in the next 3 weeks! Just absolutely disgusting.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017