Sett Valley Medical Centre

01663743483 Hyde Bank Road, New Mills , High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4BP

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Walk in clinic review April 2017

I used this centre on 2/4/17 as recommended by 111.
I needed a burn assessing and this was the nearest place from my address in Stockport.
I arrived at around 730 pm and explained? the reason for my visit to an admin person who I found very unhelpful and quite offish ( if you can't handle the public don't do the job)
I saw the nurse who attended to my burn but again they had the view of why i was attending this clinic when there should be one nearer to Stockport.
The truth is, the other centre in Stock port is closed for whatever reason and this centre was available as mentioned to me by the excellent service i received from the 111 nurse via a phone consultation.
It doesn't matter who attends, i pay my N.I, and needed treatment... Simple!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 05 April 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre is based opposite the Clinic on Hyde Bank Road where Derbyshire Health United (DHU) works from at weekend's and in a evening's . You may want to pass your comments onto them directly as you were seen by DHU and not the surgery (sett valley was closed )

JD gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Appalling support staff

Support staff are appalling, disorganised, very rude and not at all understanding. Regularly get prescriptions wrong, do not respond to instruction from other NHS Specialists, delays in medications, intrusive when booking appointments. GP's can be hit and miss.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

We are disappointed to hear of your experiences . We would like for you to contact the practice where we will endeavour to help with your frustrations.
Regarding the "Intrusive " comment ,our practice appointment system is driven by reception staff asking questions to place emergencies to best suit the patients needs i.e. acute illnesses via Doctor / Nurse Practitioner.
We also have an online service which allows you to book appointment's and prescription's online.

Elinor gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Service

I've been a patient for 5 years and have always had excellent service from both the admin staff and the GPs. This is a friendly practice and appointments are always available for emergencys on the day and in good enough time for a standard appointment. The doctors take extra time to make sure you feel listened to and supported.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 January 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

Thank you for your kind comments , we strive for excellence in our service

Adriana R. reviewed Sett Valley Medical Centre

The service and help that I received from the medical centre are first class. All the staff, nurses, doctors are very professional and genuinely care for their patients . I highly recommend Sett Valley Medical Centre to all my friends and family . Thank you .

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 22 September 2016

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 28 September 2016

Thank you for your comments, We strive to deliver an excellent level of care .
Sett Valley Medical Centre

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Average

I have used this practice since I moved into the area 13 years ago. While they have eventually moved with the times in relation to online booking and prescriptions, it is only recent. 6 months ago I was told I still had to go in person to the surgery to hand in a repeat prescription, which is inconvenient for anyone working as they only have one late night surgery and are not open on weekends at all.I would recommend this surgery Doctors and staff for their knowledge and service, but if you work any distance away, it is almost impossible to get an appointment without having to take time off work. Great for stay at home mums and pensioners, but not so good for full time workers.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 October 2016

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

Thank you for your comments ,we do have a commuter surgery Wednesday's 6.50 am to 7.35 pm .
We also have an online facility which enables the ordering of repeat prescription and booking of appointments . The NHS offers a Electronic Prescription service to go to a pharmacy of your choice for ease of collecting your prescriptions. If we can be of further assistance please contact us .