Sett Valley Medical Centre

01663743483 Hyde Bank Road, New Mills , High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4BP

Helen Harney gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellence

I was a temporary patient for 2 weeks while recovering from a major operation.I received immediate help and advice from the reception staff and particular helpful information and treatment from the GP.I also received a couple of telephone calls from the nurse and doctor with advice regarding my medication which I was very grateful for! I didn't expect to get such fast and helpful advice andI am very very impressed with the service from this Medical Centre and would recommend it to everyone.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Huw gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Access to online services

I called requesting access to the online service thinking they would email a password to me, or use some other digital technology to get me online - wishful thinking! Apparently, I have to go in and fill out a form for this. How antiquated is that?

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 02 March 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 07 March 2018

Thanks for your comments ,the National process requires site of photographic evidence ie, driving license or passport which needs to be presented in person at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

I wish to speak toa dr re ct scan results

After a bad accident and a stay in hospital , I wish to discuss my CT scan
I do not expect a 9 day wait for this to happen , I have concerns and wish to put m mind at rest .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you for your comments , sorry to hear you have had a bad accident .
When You have a CT Scan at hospital The consultant usually will discuss the results with the patient ,which may be in a clinic appointment. GP's do not usually have access to CT Scan's or report's so this is difficult for the practice to do this
The practice does offer telephone consultations daily , you can also book appointment's on line ,our next routine appointment is usually 2-3 working days
If you would like to discuss the further please contact the surgery

Tim gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Impressive at every level

Two years ago I moved to New mills after living in London for 50 years . Over the years I have got used to appalling service from tired overworked staff(and sometimes they were just arrogant,incompetent and uncaring) interspersed by occasional good practice.
I came here with three ongoing problems two of which required surgery, I was referred to appropriate specialists who carried out surgery promptly and effectively. At every stage I was listened to, the various options explained in detail, and when I didn't understand explained again with patience and understanding.
In my experience when the top level(the GPs)have high expectations and standards then the other staff will follow their lead .All of the staff at the practice are pleasant ,professional and knowledgeable
I have nothing but praise for this Practice and will recommend it to anyone

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 May 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back, we use this service both as a tool to improve and continue our best practice

Tyrone Roberts gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great responsive service

As always, prompt service. Today, rang at 9am for ear syringing expecting a 7 day wait and was booked in 11.40 same day!! Online services are god too.....telephone consultations offered where appropriate. This practice truly embraces 21st century demands. Thank you

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, we use this service both as a tool to improve and continue our best practice

Lesley Morgan gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Doctors Bedside Manor

I visited a Doctor last Thursday, I am brand new to the area and this medical centre.
I found the doctor I visited, rude, uncompassionate, patronising, I was not examined, not sure how you can tell if I am in pain or not. It seemed I was wasting their time
No apology for my appointment being 15 minutes later{ I do not mind waiting as I totally understand doctors are busy, a sorry would have been good}.
I felt old and so unfit when I came out of there, I am 61 years old, cycle, walk and swim at least four times a week and still work fulltime .I do not drink or smoke and my diet is excellent, I thought I did everything right but it seems not.
I am still in constant pain, and cannot walk which is now effecting my sleep and way of life, my next ort of call is A &E hopefully they can sort me out

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 03 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, apologies for your poor experience with us , we would really like to investigate this further via our complaints procedure which is available on our website. Our Practice Manager is awaiting your details.
Thank you for your time .

Lesley Morgan gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

RE: My Previous Review

I write regarding my review of last week, when I was very upset.
I would just like to say the Practice contacted me and everything was sorted out and I am so pleased with the result

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 May 2018

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Trying to make an appointment with a named GP

I was trying to make an appointment with a named GP as I was advised by another GP this was the best person to see. I called several times over a month, each time being told the GP was on annual leave or the appointments were not available on the system.

Having called today 6 July 2017, and having been reassured that the appointments would be available and on the system by this time, I was told that the nearest appointment was on 2 August 2017, as the GP was on annual leave for three weeks.

I have made this appointment but am very surprised at the length of time this has taken and of course the length of time I need to wait before actually being to see the GP in person. I reckon it will be four weeks. Are the surgery hoping the problem will resolve before I need to see the GP?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 02 August 2017

Firstly we apologise for your experience and hope you are satisfied following your appointment
Unfortunately in this instance the GP in question had an unforeseen absence
We do offer an on line appointment system to make GP appointment bookings in advance
Please enquire at Reception for details, We thank you for your comments and will endeavour to learn from them

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Walk in clinic review April 2017

I used this centre on 2/4/17 as recommended by 111.
I needed a burn assessing and this was the nearest place from my address in Stockport.
I arrived at around 730 pm and explained? the reason for my visit to an admin person who I found very unhelpful and quite offish ( if you can't handle the public don't do the job)
I saw the nurse who attended to my burn but again they had the view of why i was attending this clinic when there should be one nearer to Stockport.
The truth is, the other centre in Stock port is closed for whatever reason and this centre was available as mentioned to me by the excellent service i received from the 111 nurse via a phone consultation.
It doesn't matter who attends, i pay my N.I, and needed treatment... Simple!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 05 April 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre is based opposite the Clinic on Hyde Bank Road where Derbyshire Health United (DHU) works from at weekend's and in a evening's . You may want to pass your comments onto them directly as you were seen by DHU and not the surgery (sett valley was closed )

JD gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Appalling support staff

Support staff are appalling, disorganised, very rude and not at all understanding. Regularly get prescriptions wrong, do not respond to instruction from other NHS Specialists, delays in medications, intrusive when booking appointments. GP's can be hit and miss.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2017

We are disappointed to hear of your experiences . We would like for you to contact the practice where we will endeavour to help with your frustrations.
Regarding the "Intrusive " comment ,our practice appointment system is driven by reception staff asking questions to place emergencies to best suit the patients needs i.e. acute illnesses via Doctor / Nurse Practitioner.
We also have an online service which allows you to book appointment's and prescription's online.