Sett Valley Medical Centre

01663743483 Hyde Bank Road, New Mills , High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4BP

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude doctor

I get nervous when visiting the doctors and I expect doctors to be nice and understanding! Not rude and arrogant, some customer service training wouldn’t go amiss.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My experience

Have been many times to this practice re my depressions however other doctors I have seen here just turn me away for example one doctor saying my depression can't be as bad as others who cannot get out of bed. I have struggled with this for quite a few years and I have been going through a low period so I booked an appointment and it ended up being with another doctor!! Cannot thank him enough for what he has done, he sat down and listened to my problems and prescribed me with anti-depressants which seem to be helping. If anything as long as he is there I will continue to see him, very very helpful and such a lovely man. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 23 August 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 08 November 2018

we have new joiners who have started at the surgery , further details are available on our website
SVMC

Isabelle thompson gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Treatment of Isabelle Thompson as a temporary resident

Object stuck in ear lobe which had become embedded and required surgical removal. The member of staff was wonderfully helpful in arranging an appointment the same morning and the member of staff showed sensitivity to my fear of needles and did a great job on a difficult retrieval. One daY later and I have no pain many many thanks.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 31 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment as being seen as a Temporary Resident

Sett Valley Medical Centre

Danielle Boyd gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Highly recommended

We are lucky to have such a dedicated team. All of the appointments I have attended with GPs and nursing staff have resulted in a good outcome. The team are highly professional, considerate and caring. The appointments never feel rushed and I have l always been treated with respect. The ladies on reception are very helpful and kind. I have not found it difficult to make an appointment.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 21 July 2018

We strive at SVMC for Good Patient Care

Helen Harney gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellence

I was a temporary patient for 2 weeks while recovering from a major operation.I received immediate help and advice from the reception staff and particular helpful information and treatment from the GP.I also received a couple of telephone calls from the nurse and doctor with advice regarding my medication which I was very grateful for! I didn't expect to get such fast and helpful advice andI am very very impressed with the service from this Medical Centre and would recommend it to everyone.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 31 July 2018

We are glad to hear as a Temporary patient you got the treatment you required
Sett Valley Medical centre

Huw gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Access to online services

I called requesting access to the online service thinking they would email a password to me, or use some other digital technology to get me online - wishful thinking! Apparently, I have to go in and fill out a form for this. How antiquated is that?

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 02 March 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 07 March 2018

Thanks for your comments ,the National process requires site of photographic evidence ie, driving license or passport which needs to be presented in person at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

I wish to speak toa dr re ct scan results

After a bad accident and a stay in hospital , I wish to discuss my CT scan
I do not expect a 9 day wait for this to happen , I have concerns and wish to put m mind at rest .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you for your comments , sorry to hear you have had a bad accident .
When You have a CT Scan at hospital The consultant usually will discuss the results with the patient ,which may be in a clinic appointment. GP's do not usually have access to CT Scan's or report's so this is difficult for the practice to do this
The practice does offer telephone consultations daily , you can also book appointment's on line ,our next routine appointment is usually 2-3 working days
If you would like to discuss the further please contact the surgery

Catherine gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Repeat Prescription Nightmare

I have epilepsy. I have had it for 38 years. I have a repeat prescription which has not changed for many years. Recently the timescale changed. I was prescribed 28 days instead of 56 days supply at a time. I was unsure why. I could not understand why. Given that the prescription does not change and there is no wastage, it was causing more trips to the pharmacy and occasionally stress-inducing shortages of medications. I called the surgery today to ask about it. I was told by the surgery that the GP had reduced the repeat prescription from 56 to 28 days because blood tests were required and a review was required. Given that I had not been made aware of this, I was not happy. I now have an appointment for a blood test in almost 14 days time, the earliest available. I have to see the GP the following week for the review to allow time for the blood test results to come back, in 21 days time from today. I was told at that point apparently the GP will review if the timescale can be returned from 28 to 56 days. Why did no-one tell me? I am the patient, after all.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 25 October 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 08 November 2018

If you would like to contact the practice further , we would be happy to discuss your prescription

Sett Valley

Tyrone Roberts gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great responsive service

As always, prompt service. Today, rang at 9am for ear syringing expecting a 7 day wait and was booked in 11.40 same day!! Online services are god too.....telephone consultations offered where appropriate. This practice truly embraces 21st century demands. Thank you

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, we use this service both as a tool to improve and continue our best practice

Tim gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Impressive at every level

Two years ago I moved to New mills after living in London for 50 years . Over the years I have got used to appalling service from tired overworked staff(and sometimes they were just arrogant,incompetent and uncaring) interspersed by occasional good practice.
I came here with three ongoing problems two of which required surgery, I was referred to appropriate specialists who carried out surgery promptly and effectively. At every stage I was listened to, the various options explained in detail, and when I didn't understand explained again with patience and understanding.
In my experience when the top level(the GPs)have high expectations and standards then the other staff will follow their lead .All of the staff at the practice are pleasant ,professional and knowledgeable
I have nothing but praise for this Practice and will recommend it to anyone

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 May 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back, we use this service both as a tool to improve and continue our best practice