Sett Valley Medical Centre

01663743483 Hyde Bank Road, New Mills , High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4BP

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service thank you

Just a thank you re the excellent service I have received in the last few months from your surgery and a thank you to the doctor for sorting a perscription out today just before closing this evening once again thanks s lot

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 09 August 2019

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 22 August 2019

We do have a on line access form if you would prefer to order your medication on line , book appointment's, view blood results
where you can choose a pharmacy of your choice and collect your medication .
Many Thanks

Matt gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Really good quality NHS care

The GP's I have seen here have all been great. They've really taken the time to listen and we've had constructive discussions about treatment where I feel that my input is valued and taken into consideration. This is vastly different from my experiences with GP's in other parts of the country.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 31 May 2019

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 19 June 2019

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Viral

seems that every symptom and illness is viral these days, my son has been poorly quite a few times and every single time he is bought in, we are told its viral, guaranteed we will end up in the out of hours each time, being told that he is actually full of infection. Seems that doctors at sett valley are afraid of prescribing antibiotics...maybe money saving?!? The last straw was last night when after a doctors appointment we were told yet again my son had a viral infection, the doctor gave me a spray to put in my sons ear, which has led to his ear drum bursting (perforation) great! Hopefully my son will get his hearing back and the hole in his ear drum will heal without surgery. Anyway we are now in the process of changing to another surgery.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 22 January 2019

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 24 January 2019

Thank you for your comments, sorry to hear your son has been poorly recently and that you have been unhappy with the care and advice given .I can assure you that the question of whether or not to give antibiotics is never to do with money as the cost of medication does not come off our budget. Antibiotics can cause harm , so we only prescribe them if there is a clear indication to do so. Please feel free to book in with me to discuss his care if you have anymore questions .
Dr M Blackburn

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude doctor

I get nervous when visiting the doctors and I expect doctors to be nice and understanding! Not rude and arrogant, some customer service training wouldn’t go amiss.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 24 January 2019

Thank you for your response .If you would like to discuss this further please contact the surgery .

k peel gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

appointment rubbish.

Made a call for a non urgent but needy appointment and was told that it would be three weeks away! what is that about?I had better service from my surgery in 1960.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 15 May 2019

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 19 June 2019

We do offer an on The Day Team where you can be seen by a clinician for a emergency appointment on the day .We do also have bookable on line appointments which can be booked in advance , if you have online access

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My experience

Have been many times to this practice re my depressions however other doctors I have seen here just turn me away for example one doctor saying my depression can't be as bad as others who cannot get out of bed. I have struggled with this for quite a few years and I have been going through a low period so I booked an appointment and it ended up being with another doctor!! Cannot thank him enough for what he has done, he sat down and listened to my problems and prescribed me with anti-depressants which seem to be helping. If anything as long as he is there I will continue to see him, very very helpful and such a lovely man. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 23 August 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 08 November 2018

we have new joiners who have started at the surgery , further details are available on our website
SVMC

Isabelle thompson gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Treatment of Isabelle Thompson as a temporary resident

Object stuck in ear lobe which had become embedded and required surgical removal. The member of staff was wonderfully helpful in arranging an appointment the same morning and the member of staff showed sensitivity to my fear of needles and did a great job on a difficult retrieval. One daY later and I have no pain many many thanks.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 31 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment as being seen as a Temporary Resident

Sett Valley Medical Centre

Danielle Boyd gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Highly recommended

We are lucky to have such a dedicated team. All of the appointments I have attended with GPs and nursing staff have resulted in a good outcome. The team are highly professional, considerate and caring. The appointments never feel rushed and I have l always been treated with respect. The ladies on reception are very helpful and kind. I have not found it difficult to make an appointment.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 21 July 2018

We strive at SVMC for Good Patient Care

Helen Harney gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellence

I was a temporary patient for 2 weeks while recovering from a major operation.I received immediate help and advice from the reception staff and particular helpful information and treatment from the GP.I also received a couple of telephone calls from the nurse and doctor with advice regarding my medication which I was very grateful for! I didn't expect to get such fast and helpful advice andI am very very impressed with the service from this Medical Centre and would recommend it to everyone.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 31 July 2018

We are glad to hear as a Temporary patient you got the treatment you required
Sett Valley Medical centre

Huw gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Access to online services

I called requesting access to the online service thinking they would email a password to me, or use some other digital technology to get me online - wishful thinking! Apparently, I have to go in and fill out a form for this. How antiquated is that?

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 02 March 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 07 March 2018

Thanks for your comments ,the National process requires site of photographic evidence ie, driving license or passport which needs to be presented in person at the surgery.