Sett Valley Medical Centre

01663743483 Hyde Bank Road, New Mills , High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4BP

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My experience

Have been many times to this practice re my depressions however other doctors I have seen here just turn me away for example one doctor saying my depression can't be as bad as others who cannot get out of bed. I have struggled with this for quite a few years and I have been going through a low period so I booked an appointment and it ended up being with another doctor!! Cannot thank him enough for what he has done, he sat down and listened to my problems and prescribed me with anti-depressants which seem to be helping. If anything as long as he is there I will continue to see him, very very helpful and such a lovely man. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 23 August 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Isabelle thompson gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Treatment of Isabelle Thompson as a temporary resident

Object stuck in ear lobe which had become embedded and required surgical removal. The member of staff was wonderfully helpful in arranging an appointment the same morning and the member of staff showed sensitivity to my fear of needles and did a great job on a difficult retrieval. One daY later and I have no pain many many thanks.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 31 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment as being seen as a Temporary Resident

Sett Valley Medical Centre

Danielle Boyd gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Highly recommended

We are lucky to have such a dedicated team. All of the appointments I have attended with GPs and nursing staff have resulted in a good outcome. The team are highly professional, considerate and caring. The appointments never feel rushed and I have l always been treated with respect. The ladies on reception are very helpful and kind. I have not found it difficult to make an appointment.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 21 July 2018

We strive at SVMC for Good Patient Care

Helen Harney gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellence

I was a temporary patient for 2 weeks while recovering from a major operation.I received immediate help and advice from the reception staff and particular helpful information and treatment from the GP.I also received a couple of telephone calls from the nurse and doctor with advice regarding my medication which I was very grateful for! I didn't expect to get such fast and helpful advice andI am very very impressed with the service from this Medical Centre and would recommend it to everyone.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 31 July 2018

We are glad to hear as a Temporary patient you got the treatment you required
Sett Valley Medical centre

Huw gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Access to online services

I called requesting access to the online service thinking they would email a password to me, or use some other digital technology to get me online - wishful thinking! Apparently, I have to go in and fill out a form for this. How antiquated is that?

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 02 March 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 07 March 2018

Thanks for your comments ,the National process requires site of photographic evidence ie, driving license or passport which needs to be presented in person at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

I wish to speak toa dr re ct scan results

After a bad accident and a stay in hospital , I wish to discuss my CT scan
I do not expect a 9 day wait for this to happen , I have concerns and wish to put m mind at rest .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you for your comments , sorry to hear you have had a bad accident .
When You have a CT Scan at hospital The consultant usually will discuss the results with the patient ,which may be in a clinic appointment. GP's do not usually have access to CT Scan's or report's so this is difficult for the practice to do this
The practice does offer telephone consultations daily , you can also book appointment's on line ,our next routine appointment is usually 2-3 working days
If you would like to discuss the further please contact the surgery

Tim gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Impressive at every level

Two years ago I moved to New mills after living in London for 50 years . Over the years I have got used to appalling service from tired overworked staff(and sometimes they were just arrogant,incompetent and uncaring) interspersed by occasional good practice.
I came here with three ongoing problems two of which required surgery, I was referred to appropriate specialists who carried out surgery promptly and effectively. At every stage I was listened to, the various options explained in detail, and when I didn't understand explained again with patience and understanding.
In my experience when the top level(the GPs)have high expectations and standards then the other staff will follow their lead .All of the staff at the practice are pleasant ,professional and knowledgeable
I have nothing but praise for this Practice and will recommend it to anyone

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 May 2018

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back, we use this service both as a tool to improve and continue our best practice

Tyrone Roberts gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great responsive service

As always, prompt service. Today, rang at 9am for ear syringing expecting a 7 day wait and was booked in 11.40 same day!! Online services are god too.....telephone consultations offered where appropriate. This practice truly embraces 21st century demands. Thank you

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback, we use this service both as a tool to improve and continue our best practice

Lesley Morgan gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Doctors Bedside Manor

I visited a Doctor last Thursday, I am brand new to the area and this medical centre.
I found the doctor I visited, rude, uncompassionate, patronising, I was not examined, not sure how you can tell if I am in pain or not. It seemed I was wasting their time
No apology for my appointment being 15 minutes later{ I do not mind waiting as I totally understand doctors are busy, a sorry would have been good}.
I felt old and so unfit when I came out of there, I am 61 years old, cycle, walk and swim at least four times a week and still work fulltime .I do not drink or smoke and my diet is excellent, I thought I did everything right but it seems not.
I am still in constant pain, and cannot walk which is now effecting my sleep and way of life, my next ort of call is A &E hopefully they can sort me out

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

Sett Valley Medical Centre replied on 03 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, apologies for your poor experience with us , we would really like to investigate this further via our complaints procedure which is available on our website. Our Practice Manager is awaiting your details.
Thank you for your time .

Lesley Morgan gave Sett Valley Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

RE: My Previous Review

I write regarding my review of last week, when I was very upset.
I would just like to say the Practice contacted me and everything was sorted out and I am so pleased with the result

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017