BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch

01214751050 108 Bunbury Road, Northfield , Birmingham, West Midlands, B31 2DN

Anonymous gave BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch a rating of 3 stars

Working patients

I've been at this surgery for many years. Friendly and helpful staff and great GPs.
However, as a working parent I find the appointment booking system particularly stressful. Patients are unable to pre book appointments for the late afternoon. . You are expected to ring at 8:30 am on the day to get an appointment for that day. It can take up to 20 minutes to get through as everyone else is doing the same. I work standard 'working hours' and spending that time on the phone to try to get an appointment whilst I'm supposed to be working is not acceptable. Why can't this surgery allow pre booking of late appointments?

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 24 February 2019

Anonymous gave BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch a rating of 5 stars

Will not get a better service anywhere

I have been with this practice for 55years and my husband for 82 years and would dread the thought of ever having to change! We have always had excellent care here, with our children and parents also very well looked after. In an emergency one can always get an appointment on the required day. All the staff are very courteous and capable. We really have no complaints whatsoever and are very grateful for all the care they have given us over the years.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 18 September 2018

BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch replied on 19 September 2018

Thank you for your compliment. Dan Hill Manager

Veronicasimpson gave BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch a rating of 2 stars

At my last visit

At my last appointment I met with the doctor, receptionists and the Manager. I was impressed with the care and professionalism that was shown to me by all of them.
I was in the process to find a new surgery but, for this reason I’ll stay.
Especially the way the doctor dealt with my visit , he was caring , he listened , he allowed me to explained myself (without telling me to stop talking because of being on the computer), polite, patient, approachable, professional and most of all he made me feel at ease ,which allowed me to be relaxed and I was able to explained my issues.
I am so thankful for the experience because I did not come away from this consultation feeling frustrated. He treated me with dignity and respect.
So I would recommend this doctor as a professional person with exceptional bedside manner.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 14 August 2018

Sandra Billingham gave BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Practice

We have been with this surgery for many, many years.
The receptionists are always friendly and helpful, the nurses always efficient and professional. The Dr's are exceptional. Not once have we ever felt rushed during our consultation. They listen and give much help and valuable advice.. We would never concider moving. We feel very lucky to have such a wonderful surgery . Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch replied on 20 October 2017

Thank you for you generous praise. I will pass it on to the staff. It is wonderful to receive such a compliment. Practice Manager D Hill

Cathy Tripp gave BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch a rating of 5 stars

I don't think we appreciate just how good our surgery is

Having had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with a Nantwich based surgery regarding with my elderly mothers health It has made me realise just how good our surgery is. I can always get through to speak to someone who is helpful and polite. I usually succeed in getting an appointment relatively quickly and to suit my needs. My mothers surgery I cannot even get through to speak to someone, the phone is continually engaged and if my 80 year old mother wishes to speak to a doctor it can take days to get a telephone appt and weeks to get an actual doctors appt, by which point she could be seriously ill or more ill than she already is. I only have praise for the doctors I usually see as they both do their utmost to diagnose and sort any problems I have and the front desk staff are always accommodating and polite. All in all I feel very lucky to have such a good doctors surgery! Well done!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Excellent service

I have been with this practice since 1963, and my husband since his birth in 1936! We have always had excellent service. We did consider moving to a practice nearer to our home after the previous doctor retired, but are so glad we didn't. some of our neighbours have to wait many days for an appointment, where we have always been seen at our time of need by really dedicated doctors who have ensured that we get the treatment we need as soon as possible. We cannot thank them and recommend them enough.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 September 2017

Excellent sevice

I would like to say thank you to the doctor and their medical colleagues and all the other staff in this surgery for providing an excellent primary healthcare. My mother is the registered patient in the practice so I am acting on her behalf but I must say that I have always found that everyone in the team is very helpful, whenever I have needed to contact them. We are a family of medics, so I know from personal experience how difficult it is to maintain such a good service these days so... a big thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017