BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch

1. Review titled Working patients

by Anonymous - Posted on 24 February 2019

I've been at this surgery for many years. Friendly and helpful staff and great GPs. However, as a working parent I find the appointment booking system particularly stressful. Patients are unable to pre book appointments for the late afternoon. . You are expected to ring at 8:30 am on the day to get an appointment for that day. It can take up to 20 minutes to get through as everyone else is doing the same. I work standard 'working hours' and spending that time on the phone to try to get an appointment whilst I'm supposed to be working is not acceptable. Why can't this surgery allow pre booking of late appointments?

Visited January 2019

Replied on 24 February 2019

Dear Patient, Thank you for your comments, they are very useful in helping us design the service. As a practice we have reviewed how we support working patients better. All GP, Pharmacist, Nurse and HCA appointments are now available online. One third are released in advance and the remainder are released from 6.30 pm the day before and further appointments are available on the day from 7.30am onwards. We are also developing the new website to assist patients in accessing all the local healthcare services, which do not always require a GP. The next Patient group meeting is on 9th July at 1pm @ Bunbury Road. All Patients are welcome.

2. Review titled Will not get a better service anywhere

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 September 2018

I have been with this practice for 55years and my husband for 82 years and would dread the thought of ever having to change! We have always had excellent care here, with our children and parents also very well looked after. In an emergency one can always get an appointment on the required day. All the staff are very courteous and capable. We really have no complaints whatsoever and are very grateful for all the care they have given us over the years.

Visited September 2018

Replied on 18 September 2018

Thank you for your compliment. Dan Hill Manager

3. Review titled At my last visit

by Veronicasimpson - Posted on 14 August 2018

At my last appointment I met with the doctor, receptionists and the Manager. I was impressed with the care and professionalism that was shown to me by all of them. I was in the process to find a new surgery but, for this reason I’ll stay. Especially the way the doctor dealt with my visit , he was caring , he listened , he allowed me to explained myself (without telling me to stop talking because of being on the computer), polite, patient, approachable, professional and most of all he made me feel at ease ,which allowed me to be relaxed and I was able to explained my issues. I am so thankful for the experience because I did not come away from this consultation feeling frustrated. He treated me with dignity and respect. So I would recommend this doctor as a professional person with exceptional bedside manner.

Visited August 2018

BG Health Centre Bunbury Road Branch has not yet replied.

4. Review titled Excellent Practice

by Sandra Billingham - Posted on 20 October 2017

We have been with this surgery for many, many years. The receptionists are always friendly and helpful, the nurses always efficient and professional. The Dr's are exceptional. Not once have we ever felt rushed during our consultation. They listen and give much help and valuable advice.. We would never concider moving. We feel very lucky to have such a wonderful surgery . Thank you.

Visited October 2017

Replied on 20 October 2017

Thank you for you generous praise. I will pass it on to the staff. It is wonderful to receive such a compliment. Practice Manager D Hill