Herschel Medical Centre

01753520643 45 Osborne Street , Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1TT

David Newcombe gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

BLLOD TEST

Had a blood test today 24/5/19 at herschel medical centre. I got the appointment 2 days before and was seen on time and treated with the utmost respect. Every thing done as it should be and was out in no time. they have been my doctors for a long time and am very happy there. I would fully recommend them.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 24 May 2019

Herschel Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

extremely rude and unprofessional receptionists

It’s a shame i have to leave such a negative review because most of the doctors are great. However this is heavily outweighed by my experience with the receptionists. Not only are they generally rude whenever I have an inquiry, but made extreme unnecessary hassle when i tried to get my two prescriptions. I am a university student therefore registered at my uni GP which is not in the area. I wanted to get my repeat prescription filled here, however. After continuously telling me off in a condescending tone and saying that i ‘just should’ve gotten the prescription at uni’, the receptionists acted like i was inconveniencing them by asking them to do their job and help me and rather than doing so argued among each other over what to do next. It was quite simple, i wanted to be registered as a temporary patient so i could book a catch up appointment and get my prescriptions, which seemed like an impossible task. Still haven’t gotten my appointment.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 24 April 2019

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 10 May 2019

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your feedback. I was very sorry to read that you have experienced these difficulties. If you would like to contact me directly at the practice, I would be very happy to discuss further and offer any help appropriate.

JS gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Quality care

I saw my GP on the 30th April, as usual he listens and understands and is extremely empathetic. He is ever willing to be of help. Its as though he literally feels the pain I go through which makes a lot of difference. Years back I registered with a surgery just a few metres away from my house but it was a nightmare and within 3 weeks I went back to Herschel Medical Centre and haven’t looked back since. I saw a locum doctor at Herschel early April for a very severe shooting pain in my head which woke me up the previous night with sudden high BP, and she immediately called up the hospital and sent me to be assessed. That was being very caring !

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 09 May 2019

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 10 May 2019

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your feedback. I was very pleased to read that you have had such positive experiences at Herschel Medical Centre, thank you for your kind words.

Ng gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Waste of time

I visited the surgery after an unusual invitation to attend a "routine NHS check up". I had only been to the surgery a couple of months before as I was in pain (this is a recurring pain from 2yrs before which had been reported to the GP). Met a doctor who promised to refer me for an x-ray, but after further consultation with another colleague, that was scrapped. I work away from home, so taking time to see the GP means unpaid work and travel costs too. I was promised stronger pain killers, but there was no prescription left at the reception as promise, a few days after I turned up to pick these up. The pain continues.....

I have revisited the surgery today after I was invited for a routine check due to 'my age' - that is 40yrs old. Needless to say I am nearing 50 instead. My blood pressure is a little high - well, it always does when I come here; my BMI is dangerously high but am told they cant do anything to help it as 'I know what to do' - gross assumption on the nurse's part; the blood tests I need have been done 2months previously so not needed; I need a urine sample, which I do, and deposit at the reception but the receptionist is unsure what to do with it. I now need to return home and do BP tests over a 5day period and drop the reading at the surgery. Really not sure what this will achieve, so let me just stay away and keep my BP low.

Have so had with with this surgery and its time to move on after more than 20yrs. I find the GP's that take an interest are either locum or don't last. O and did I mention I hardly go to the doctors? My experiences are not regular but very poor. So sorry for those who have to go regularly. I just wish they would prevent diseases rather than wait for a full blown disease that could have been prevented

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 25 February 2019

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 08 April 2019

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the practice. I am sorry to read you have encountered some difficulties, if you would like to discuss further I would be happy to assist in any way you may find helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me via my email as detailed below.

e: Kelly.barrow@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Telephone number doesn't work!

The number for this practice is listed as 01753520643 but doesn't seem to work! Is there another number to call?

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 16 November 2018

Dear Patient, I am sorry to read that you have experienced difficulties with our telephone line. The number you have stated is correct, if you continue to have difficulties please contact us via email on Herschel.mc@nhs.net and we will be happy to help.
HMC.

Anonymous gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Great Doctors and Nurses

This surgery has the most pleasant doctors and nursing staff I have experienced in any surgery. The surgery is bright, airy and clean and has adequate seating/waiting area with a very convenient separate children’s waiting area. Most of the reception staff are pleasant and possibly ONE could be determined warm & friendly. Another is far too loud when speaking with patients and therefore she inadvertently shares your information and concerns with the rest of the patients. I do feel the reception staff should make it clear when booking patients in to a pharmacist (not to be confused with a nurse prescriber) rather than a GP as there is an obvious difference in the knowledge and treatment during the appointment. The doctors are a great team and I must highlight that a doctor actually ran out to the street to give me a prescription I had left in his office and I was one of the last patients of the day. I was very grateful to him for that. Finally, the telephone lines become impossible until about 10-10:30am. I have had to go the surgery on numerous occasions to make urgent appointments as the phone lines remain busy for hours in the mornings. Overall this is a good surgery!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 03 November 2018

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 17 December 2018

Dear Patient,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I was pleased to read that you have had positive experiences with our team of GPs. However, I was sorry to read that you felt reception can be too loud, as you say inadvertently sharing information. Patient confidentiality is of the highest importance. Therefore please be assured that this will be addressed in our regular staff training sessions. Should you require a private space to discuss matters away from the main desk, please do not hesitate to ask one of the reception team who will be happy to oblige. The appointments booking line experiences its highest demand first thing in the morning. Therefore, the practice is continually working on how to make our appointments system more efficient in order to reduce waiting times on the telephone.

Beryl Davies gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

One of the better surgeries

I hear horror stories of some surgeries and consider myself lucky to belong to Herschel Medical Centre. My last appointment was not the best as I had a longer wait than normal, but generally speaking I have been satisfied with the service received. I've always found the reception staff friendly, helpful and, usually, very efficient. I am in my late eighties and have nearly always managed to get an appointment with my allocated doctor, although it has sometimes meant ringing back as no immediate appointment available. I have had mixed results when seeing another doctor- if my own doctor is away or otherwise unavailable - and, in the past, have been misdiagnosed on two occasions, but have more often been satisfied and have had several helpful home visits from other doctors. I would recommend Herschel Medical Centre to anyone, but am surprised that it is still able to take new patients with the high number already attending. I have been told that a problem is the number of people who do not turn up for appointments without giving prior (or any) notice. I imagine that this is not a problem particular to Herschel and wonder if a fine could be a solution. However, I do realise that the admin work and cost of this could make it prohibitive!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 17 October 2018

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 23 October 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I was pleased to read that you continue to have a positive experience at Herschel Medical Centre, and indeed that you would recommend the practice to other patients. Your comments are very much appreciated, and I know the reception team will be happy to note what you have said regarding their level of service.

Herschel Medical Centre

J Singh gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

One of the best

I have a chronic condition and need to visit the surgery on a regular basis. I’m always treated with dignity & respect, and the doctors are very empathetic , the staff are very courteous & polite too. My GP understands my condition & is always willing to help with referrals, tests etc as needed which does make a big difference. I was temporarily registered with a different surgery few years back , but we just didn’t click, so I came back to Herschel. What a difference! I really look up to my GP and can feel his genuine concern in me as a patient. Thank you Herschel !

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 16 November 2018

Dear Patient, Thank you for taking the time leave such positive feedback. I sincerely hope that we will be able to continue providing the same level of service you describe, your comments will be passed on to the team who I know will be delighted to read them.
HMC.

Derek Taylor gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

We feel so lucky

This is not a review of a recent visit to Herschel, but I thought it time to express my wife and my feelings of how fortunate we are to be patients of Herschel Medical.
We've been patients of this first class medical centre since the Albert Street days and the move to this still smart - and rather chic - building was a massive improvement. The waiting area is light and airy and the ambience is very relaxing.
My over-riding feeling while visiting Herschel is one of confidence; confidence in the efficiency and general medical knowledge of the doctors, practice nurses and pharmacists and confidence in the reception staff who do their best to accommodate those in need of help.
As older patients we've often talked about moving away, but one of the main factors holding us back from this major change in our lives, is the access we have to first class care at Herschel - long may this continue.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 27 August 2018

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 03 September 2018

Dear Patient,
Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback. I sincerely hope that HMC will continue to provide the high level of service you know, and trust, long into the future.

John A gave Herschel Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Grateful and happy

I have always praised this surgery! I will never leave Herschel Medical Centre

People need to realise that our surgery is offering us a variety of appointments and the Doctors and Pharmacists will go above and beyond to provide you the best service. Stop complaining about how bad a service is just because you have to wait for a few minutes to be transferred to the receptionists.

Been treated for my asthma for 15 years but i have to say never felt this well!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 27 August 2018

Herschel Medical Centre replied on 03 September 2018

Dear Patient,
Thank you for taking the time to submit such positive feedback. HMC appreciates your comments, and we sincerely hope you will continue to experience the high level of service you have come to expect from the team.