Park Road Medical Centre

01943874151 44 Park Road, Guiseley , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS20 8AR

Mrs T gave Park Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Highly Professional and Caring Practice

I have always been happy with the service provided by the doctors and staff at this practice over the last 10 years. You are always able to be seen by a doctor the same day if you attend the open surgery in the morning. Not many practices offer this invaluable service.

The doctors always went above and beyond with my middle son when he was hospitalised on a number of occasions with respiratory problems when he was younger.

Today I felt I must provide some feedback after the service I received. I called into reception to pick up a blood test slip for a repeat test at the hospital. The receptionist was not able to run off the necessary slip and asked a doctor passing if he could quickly authorise it.

The doctor reviewed my notes on the receptionist’s screen to run off a slip, however, on considering my notes he asked to speak with me in his room. I didn’t have an appointment and I hadn’t asked to see a doctor. The doctor explained why some more specific tests might be advised at this stage. He explained very clearly what he suspected, what the outcomes were Iikely to be and what the next steps would be. He provided every reassurance and I came out very well informed. I am very impressed and grateful that the doctor took the time to provide a consultation outside of the appointment hours and in addition to that he was very thorough and so helpful when he could have been very rushed.
An excellent excellent service, thank you.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 January 2018

Park Road Medical Centre replied on 12 January 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback to the Practice and for your very kind comments.
I am very pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided by the Practice over the years and that you had a positive experience during your visit on 9th January.
Positive feedback is always very much appreciated and I will share your comments with the Practice team at our next in-house meeting.
Once again many thanks.

Alan gave Park Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

So happy

Saw one of the doctors this week. All I can say is extremely impressed with their care, compassion and level of knowledge. Particularly liked the fact they treat you like a human. Would definitely recommend to anyone and will be seeing them again next time. Keep up the good work. Thanks again

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Park Road Medical Centre replied on 01 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this positive feedback, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your consultation and had a positive experience at the Practice.

Anonymous gave Park Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, prompt care

Excellent care from a surgery that goes above and beyond. As I decided to get ill on a Friday, I thought I'd be suffering over the weekend, but the GP kindly fit me in. I was seen and diagnosed within 10 minutes of arrival. Long live the NHS.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Park Road Medical Centre replied on 20 June 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to provide this positive feedback regarding the Practice and the service you received. Your kind comments will be shared with the Practice team.

Kind regards.

Anonymous gave Park Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Avoid

You can never see the same doctor so there is no consistency with care. Reception and practice management is abysmal. I would not recommend the practice at all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Park Road Medical Centre replied on 07 April 2017

I am very sorry to hear that you have had an unsatisfactory experience at the Practice and would very much like to investigate this matter further for you. Please could I request that you write to myself at Park Road Medical Centre outlining your concerns and providing some further detail in order for a full investigation to be carried out and to provide you with a formal outcome.

Anonymous gave Park Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

still waiting

my wife is agoraphobic and cannot leave the house. She is on medication for this and has been for many years. The prescriptions are continually given without any Doctors reviewing her progress over the last 5 years. I eventually on the 29th Nov 2016 managed to get a doctor to visit on a house call to review the medication. They changed the tablets and dosage, but when my wife looked up the new drug, found a few alarming side effects that could cause a number of significant side effects, when taken with her other medication. I then went to the surgery to ask for a telephone call from the Doctor to re assure or change the tablets for my wife, this was on 30th Dec 2016.... she never received any call. So I again went in to the surgery to request a call again on 15th Jan 2017, the receptionist confirmed that a telephone request had been asked for on the 30th Dec, they then put another request in for another call from the Doctor, it is now 5 days on and still no call, she hasn't taken any medication since last November.... until she has the reassurances, but the Doctors don't seem to care too much about this..... I am not sure whether this practice really cares about their patients well being and health....

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 January 2017

Park Road Medical Centre replied on 27 January 2017

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in a GP telephoning to reassure your wife regarding her medication. I would like to investigate the matter personally in order to ensure it is actioned as soon as possible. Therefore please could I request that you contact me at Park Road Surgery on 01943873332 in order to provide me with your wife’s name and details so that I can take this matter further.

Once again, I am very sorry for your unsatisfactory experience and I hope we can resolve this as a matter of urgency.

John Connolly gave Park Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

NHS health check - excellent service thank you.

I attended the Guiseley clinic for my NHS Health check earlier this week. Once again I had an excellent experience of being a patient at this practice. Bookingbthe appointment was straightforward; all the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful; they put me at ease and encouraged me to improve my lifestyle to help me prevent future illness. The nurse who did my check was very professional and supportive. I feel confident to put my trust in this team whenever I am ill.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 24 December 2016

Park Road Medical Centre replied on 03 January 2017

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding the Practice and Practice staff, I am pleased to hear you had a positive experience when attending for your NHS Health Check.
Your complimentary feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with the team.