Gp Direct

02085159300 5-7 Welbeck Road , Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 0RQ

Sharna K gave Gp Direct a rating of 5 stars

Streatfield medical surgery

My GP at Streatfield Health centre has always been excellent and I don't think I could get better clinical care if I was paying to going private. Yesterday unfortunately due to traffic I arrived very late and at the end of a long day of surgery for them, they still was kind enough to see me, I wanted to rush the appointment for their sake as it was the end of a long day for them, so as much as I tried to hurry the appointment they treated me as though they had all the time in the world and ensured that the appointment was not rushed! As well as always being charming, smiley and easy to talk to they are an excellent thorough GP who gives fantastic medical advise, the GP a total credit to the NHS and I am most grateful.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Gp Direct replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient

Many thanks for your email.

We are GP Direct surgery in Harrow, and was wondering if you had selected the right surgery on the NHS Choices website for your comments?

Kind Regards.

Management Team

Anonymous gave Gp Direct a rating of 5 stars

Everything is great apart from one Dr

I had a telephone appointment with a Dr today and instead of calling properly like most people do they decided to call twice for a period of 5 seconds each time. Usually when I have a telephone appointment with a doctor at Welbeck road surgery, if I happen to miss the call the first time, they will call back in 10 minutes or so.
The Dr called me and the length of the wait was a few seconds then put the phone down. They then called me immediately afterwards again waiting for a few seconds before putting the phone down again and leaving a voicemail saying that I now had to phone up again to rebook another telephone appointment. Now I booked the telephone appointment on an urgent matter and I had to speak to a GP today. Unfortunately now I have to wait till next Monday to speak to a GP at the surgery I am registered with.
I am very disappointed with the Dr as it is now potentially dangerous that I do not have any medication now and will probably not have it for another few days.
I understand that the Dr probably has a lot of patients to call, however if every other doctor at the GP is able to call back after 10 minutes, after the first call why can't they? I also called back immediately asking if the Dr could possibly call me back now or later when they are free- however the Dr did not.
It seems as though it was very impatient of the Dr and I am very disappointed with how disrespectfully the Dr has treated this phone call especially as when I made the telephone appointment I specifically said that it was to renew my medication - which btw I have to call up to renew and cannot be done by using the renewal system.
I will not be booking another appointment with the Dr especially as this is not the first time I feel they have been impatient with me or has brushed off my concerns.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Gp Direct replied on 14 September 2017

Dear Patient

I am sorry to hear that your experience with the GP concerned in relation to a telephone consultation was not as smooth as you would have liked to.

I will ensure that any future GP telephone consultations when done, the GP concerned makes sure that they let the phone ring for few minutes before hanging-up.

Thank you for bring this to my attention.

Bimal Gandhi - Practice Business Manager

NB gave Gp Direct a rating of 4 stars

The doctor is amazing - just how a doctor should be

I have been taking my 2 yr old to the surgery for a few times for a very bad nappy rash, most of the doctors wrote me off and said it was just a phase and she would grow out of it, others prescribed antibiotics but with out trying to understand if there was a significant skin issue behind it.

By the time I came to see a doctor the situation was quite bad and my daughter was in a lot of pain and discomfort. as soon as a we stepped in the office they put us at ease said they will take a good look and put a treatment plan into place over a period of week and told me to book all appointments with them to get some continuity. Her condition is not cured but manageable and they have been checking up on her to find the best solution. I know docs are short on time but when i met the doctor i was impressed with their manner and care, they are an example for other doctors to follow.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Gp Direct replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient

Many thanks for your positive comments and much appreciated. I am pleased to see that you and your family have been well looked after at our surgery in relation to the medical condition.

I will circulate this to the clinical staff. Kind Regards.

Practice Manager

Jeyaluxmy Kalithasan gave Gp Direct a rating of 5 stars

Welbeck Road Surgery Review

Very good service and newly refurbished building that has a lot of facilities for the public to use. My preferred doctor gives a lot of advice, they are friendly and humorous.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Gp Direct replied on 21 August 2017

Dear Jeyaluxmy,

Thank you for taking the time to review the practice on NHS choices. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the practice.

GP Direct Management Team

Geetha gave Gp Direct a rating of 5 stars

Onset of Age-making you feel at ease always health-wise

I have always felt a bit queasy, talking about my female problems, all my life. With the onset of Menopause this got more worrying since I was of the opinion that it was not an easy matter to discuss, let alone with my family members, but with any outsider for sure, including my doctor.
But a visit to my GP on a regular basis, and my doctor's continued support as far as my health is concerned, put me at ease a lot. More so, I felt very comfortable talking to my doctor about my changing hormonal signs and the difficulties experienced with it.
Since I was aware of the medical side of things (a general interest developed by me from my childhood) and with my doctor's continued explanation and support in lay-man terms, I was able to handle the situations more easily and develop a more positive approach to it.
This in turn as helped me help out many of my peer group, who are experiencing the same issues.
All thanks to my doctor, for whom my respect and appreciation has grown over the years. Thank you for all your help

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Gp Direct replied on 21 August 2017

Dear Geetha,

Thank you for taking the time to review the practice on NHS choices. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the care provided by one of the GPs at the practice.

GP Direct Management Team

Mushtaque Shaikh reviewed Gp Direct

GP Direct Services

We have been with GP Direct for around 15 years. From the time we registered with the surgery me and my family are very happy with the services. The team of Doctors are good. Specially two in particular are very good and take good care. Most of the time we do get the appointments over the phone. Sometimes the wait over phone is long and appointments do get filled. However the surgery does provide same day emergency appointments to accomodate urgent/emergency need. The new look centrally airconditioned surgery at Wellbeck Road is very nice and has a soothing ambiance.The reception and waiting area with the new seating arrangement are really good. Over all we are happy our healthcare is in good hands.We look forward to continued good and improved services from GP Direct.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Dear patient,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about the practice and its staff.

GP Direct

Anonymous gave Gp Direct a rating of 5 stars

Service Professionalism in Brand new modern surroundings

The practise has offered me an echellent service over the past years but ecen more during difficult times. The Receptionustd have been Polite and helpfull. I have been able to book required appointments with the GP of my
Choice and have always been treated with care and respect.The extended opening times meant that i did mot have to take much time off work to
Get to tbe surgery. The new clean modern practise is great and it is lovely to see the mixture of the old and the new people working as a team.it is also great to see new services have been added now that the space allows it
Well done to all who have worked hard and long for this project. I wish them the best for the future and i am looking forward to more years of excellent service delivered with care.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Dear patient,

Thank you for your positive comments about the practice.

David gave Gp Direct a rating of 1 stars

Terrible terrible practice

Full of locum never see same doctor twice and admin staff the most unhelpful I have ever come across

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017

Dear David,

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the service offered by the practice. We genuinely strive to offer a high standard of care to all patients and we are sorry if the service you have received has fallen below this standard.

It would help us to investigate your concerns fully so we would strongly request that you speak to us directly so that we can look into the specific nature of the problems you encountered.

The comment above addresses two issues, namely that the practice uses too many locums and the unhelpfulness of the admin staff. I have tried to address these concerns below as best as possible without knowing the specific nature of your experience.

1) Practice is full of locums and never being able to see the same doctor twice

The practice constantly reviews its staffing resources, both of clinical (GPs and nurses) and admin (receptionists and back office staff). With respect to the GP resources at the practice I can confirm that in April and May 2017 our use of locum GPs as a percentage of the overall number of permanent GP sessions offered (partners and salaried) was only 4.5%. As a practice we have made a concerted effort to reduce the use of locum GPs in order to provide better continuity of care for our patients, but the use of locums at times is necessary to cover periods of leave, sickness or high demand. We avoid the use of agency locums and instead use a pool of local GP locums, who are known to the practice or who work in the local area. This provides a better level of continuity and ensures they are aware of the local population's needs.

In terms of not being able to see the same doctor twice, we are sorry this has been your experience. We offer patients the option of booking up to four weeks in advance, however, for issues which may need to be dealt with more urgently patients may need to see the next available GP. We try and strike a balance between advanced access and the need to offer appointments at short notice, this is a challenge for most GP practices, particularly those with a large GP workforce. In the most recent patient survey (GP Patient Survey), which is available online, 42% of patients stated they were able to see their preferred GP always or a lot of the time and 54% stated they could see them some of the time. It is an area where can improve but clearly shows that access to a preferred GP is not quite as bad as your experience has been.

2) Unhelpful admin staff

We are very sorry to hear that you have found the admin staff to be unhelpful. We try to create an patient centred ethos and if this has not been your experience we are truly sorry. If you can provide us with more information we will investigate your concerns fully. Overall, satisfaction with the reception staff is very high, with 93% of patients stating that they were helpful in the most recent GP Patient Survey results (this is well above both the local and national average).

Please feel free to contact the practice so we can look into your specific concerns. Please request to speak to the practice manager (Bimal Gandhi) or me (service development manager).

Owais gave Gp Direct a rating of 1 stars

Unable to register

Arrived in the UK a couple of months ago; went to register with my my family on the 1st of October, but despite being told it would only take 2-3 working days, almost a month later I've been told none of us have been registered. I've called multiple times and have been told that it will either be done the next day or someone will contact me back. Poor, poor quality of admin and will be lodging a complaint.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 24 October 2016

Gp Direct replied on 14 June 2017

Dear Owais,

We are very sorry that you had problems with registering at the practice. This is not the usual standard of service we expect our patients or prospective patients to receive. I trust you were contacted at the time of this event to resolve this issue.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anonymous gave Gp Direct a rating of 1 stars

GP feedback

If you want an appointment don't ring because they have no provision to provide medical appointments to those that require them. Unhelpful telephone staff who don't answer the phone, an automated system which does not work .... don't waste your time on such a pathetic service. Horrific. Not to mention the time I finally saw the doctor who then told me that no scan was available and it was ''in gods hands'', when I was bleeding in my 4th month of pregnancy. Shocking.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 31 January 2017

Gp Direct replied on 31 January 2017

I am very sorry that you have had a poor experience with the practice. Please can you contact the practice manager, Ann Knight, or the Service Development Manager, Omer Hussein, so that we may look into your complaint. We will investigate both your concerns about the appointment system as well as the consultation with the doctor that you saw. However, in order to do that, we will need you to contact us directly so that we may look into your specific issues and the dates and times they occurred.

We pride ourselves on delivering a high quality service, with good access to appointments and very high satisfaction scores with the clinical team, so it is crucial for us to look into any deviation from this so that we can look at gaps in the service and improve the care we provide to our patients.