York House Medical Centre

01299827171 20-21 York Street , Stourport On Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 9EH

KAA gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

RECEPTION

When you call to ask to message a Doctor or book a appointment when asked to do so from a Doctor, you just get a blank wall. Doctors are good but the Reception Staff, in the main are not good at recognising Mental Health problems with patients. There seems to be a culture of, couldn't care less!

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 04 May 2019

York House Medical Centre replied on 07 May 2019

Please contact the Site Manager if you would like to discuss any problems you are experiencing.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Ongoing issues with vital medication

Ongoing issues with pain medication for both myself & my partner. I have been left without any medication for the weekend - meaning I will have to call 111 and go to an out of hours clinic. Not the first time this has happened, I will be lodging complaints on Monday morning and changing doctors as soon as possible.There are a few good drs at the practice, and some that should never have become GPs in the first place. The telephone system is a shambles, appointments (when you get one) are with nurse practitioners and the idea of being diagnosed over the phone is ridiculous

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 11 May 2019

York House Medical Centre replied on 13 May 2019

Please contact the Practice direct if you wish to discuss your concerns.

Maxine gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My practise is great

You are always seen on time. Today I had not even sat down before I was called in. All the staff are polite, and friendly. It's a pleasure visiting my practise. Whether it's reception staff, the nurses, or the doctors you are sure of a professional and friendly service. Great job everyone.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 13 March 2019

York House Medical Centre replied on 14 March 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for York House Medical Centre. It is fantastic to hear that all the staff are doing a great job!

Lance gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Room for improvement.

This surgery is handy, well situated and always clean.
Once you get the attention of someone there curtious and informative.
The problem I've had on so many occasions is being left waiting.. the nurses seem to have multiple, pressing social committments with other members of staff between appointments. An example: I took my wife for a routeen blood pressure check. Got there 10 minutes early. Waited while other pacients went in and came out. By now the appointment was 15 minutes late. Then watched 3 members of staff filter through that treatment room on social calls befor she was called, 30 minutes after her appointment time. She was then hit with a string of 'over worked' and 'covering someone else's job' excuses.
This sort of none urgency is common in my experience. (I'm only in the surgery 2 to 5 times a year over the last 5 or 6 years.) My wife has slightly more visits.
Visits with the doctors are usually excellent. Definately more efficient and satisfying.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 17 December 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 14 February 2019

Thank you for leaving a review for York House Medical Centre, we will share your feedback with the surgery team for us to reflect upon.

excellent system

The systerm at this medical centre is the best i have ever had!!!f my brother in Cornwall can not believe that you can ring in and speak to a doctor on the same day!! and also get an appointment within an hour of speaking to him. also an ecg within an hour and the results sent to the nurse involved within minutes.it was nothing to serious but i was treated with full care and respect.. Might i add that i needed some tests a few months ago and got these within a few weeks! the doctors where very good with all the test that they requested and i feel well looked after.Any one looking for a good medical center i would recommend york street in stourport. Thank you to all staff at york street.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we are so pleased to hear that you have had such excellent service from us and that you would happily recommend York House Medical Centre.

Excellent Service

Telephone consultation on 5th November at 1630 hours. GP appointment on 6th November at 1000 hours followed by Physio appointment at 1245 hours also on 6th November.

Efficent courteous service. Student Doctor under took GP apppointment follow up by Senior Partner.

Pleased to help with Student under training.

Excellent service. Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 16 November 2018

York House Medical Centre thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you received such excellent service.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Systems error?

Following a telephone consultation with a GP an appointment was made.
On arrival at the practice we were told the GP was absent and the appointment was for a telephone call!
Only after insisting the appointment was face to face and not telephone (as the telephone consultation had already taken place) the receptionist agreed to see what could be done and asked us to wait.
Eventually, the receptionist apologised for their error and offered an appointment 1hr 5mins later than our original time. It was up to us to decide to wait and maybe we could be seen earlier or go away and return later. We decided to wait but sadly had to wait until our new time.
Surely a text/call would have saved time for all concerned. It seems the surgery systems failed on this occasion to alert staff to contact patients about GP absence.
I was pleased with the way this was dealt with, the reception staff handled it very well but this situation could have been very easily avoided and a confused patient could have easily been wrongly informed and their needs not met.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 21 November 2018

Thank you for leaving a review for York House Medical Centre. I am sorry that you experienced problems at the Practice.
When a Dr is absent due to sickness we always endeavor to contact all patients and I apologise if we did not contact you on this occasion.
However I am really pleased to hear that Reception dealt with the situation well.

Mary McNabb gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

On going cough, cold.

Following Telephine call, which I booked on line, from GP, an appointment was offered within half an hour of said call

I was seen my a female Associates GP; had a thorough examination of my chest, pulse, BP, temperature, and neck.

A female GP then checked me over and prescribed a course of antibiotics for a chest infection.

I was feeling really unwell; came away after a really good appointment from the above mentioned professionals; reassured and invited back if I still felt unwell during or after prescription

As always, amazing service from Yourk House Medical
Centre.

Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 26 November 2018

Thank you for leaving a review for York House Medical Centre, we are always pleased to hear that our Patients receive such a good service and good patient care.

David Cooper-Smith gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Prompt Service

I have a reoccurring problem with my knee. Booked to speak to Doctor which I did at 1345 and saw Doctor and had necessary treatment at 1500.

Always had good prompt service from the practice which has been my only one for 50+ years.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 22 October 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 23 October 2018

Thank you for leaving York House Medical Centre such a lovely review. We are really pleased to hear that you have had such good service from us.

A super fast service

I phoned to speak to GP AT 2pm, doctor rang me back 5 minutes later & I was sitting in the doctors sirgery being thoroughly examined for hip & knee pain within 30 minutes!! The doctor was caring & knowledgeable & changed the treatment that I’d been following for the past few months with the physiotherapist. I feel confident now that the condition has at last been correctly diagnosed & I have begun my new regime of ice, NSAID tablets, rest, keeping mobile & an injection booked for November, should I still need it. The condition & treatment were explained well to me. All this on a Friday afternoon too!! Thank you YHMC.

!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 20 October 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 05 November 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we are really pleased to hear that you had such fantastic service from York House Medical Centre