York House Medical Centre

01299827171 20-21 York Street , Stourport On Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 9EH

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed!

After moving from a different area where my gp has a decent knowledge of what I have been through the past 10 years I now find myself with a gp who has no empathy or can't be bothered to read my notes. I am now faced with having my medication on stopped on 2 prescriptions regardless of how I am going to cope but not to worry as its their policy to get people off addictive drugs! Am I worried about using addictive drugs when I know I may not have long to live? No I'm not! who the hell do they think they are GOD!! Never ever seen this Dr yet! I feel desperate as I have now been diagnosed with yet another condition & it's been made clear to me they want no part in discussing how I am getting on with my new meds, waste of time all they are interested in is cut backs!!!!!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 15 June 2018

York House Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Russ Doidge gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

York House Team are Tops!

I recently needed advice and treatment for three ongoing problems. A brief explanation over the phone and a doctor called me back after 25mins. Following this telephone consultation I was offered an appointment at the surgery just 30 minutes later. I was impressed with the thoroughness of the examination and the explanation given to me as to why the course of action was recommended. Follow-up appointments were needed for blood tests and ECG and whilst making the appointments I was offered a vacancy for both tests just a few minutes later!
In the space of 2.5 hours I had received fantastic service from consultation, testing, diagnosing and starting a course of treatment!
What a wonderful team! Grateful thanks to all !

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 18 April 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 19 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave York House medical such a wonderful review. We are really pleased to hear what fantastic service you received.

rob fowler gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

An excellent service

I wish to record my appreciation for the very prompt response I received from the doctors and team to a recent problem.
I telephoned the surgery to make an appointment regarding a very painful knee.
I was called back at the stated time and the doctor arranged for me to visit the walk-in x-ray clinic at my local hospital and also made an appointment for me to see the visiting consultant physiotherapist.
Both were completed within 24 hours and the outcome was a recommendation that I have an injection in my knee.
Following the injection my knee is considerably better.
Prior to the injection it was permanently painful and having a serious impact on my quality of life, preventing me from walking all but short distances.
It's not completely pain-free and the doctor advised that this may not be a permanent solution but I'm now able to walk reasonable distances and there's no pain at night as before.
I'm extremely grateful for the prompt and effective treatment that I've received.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 21 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to leave York House Medical Centre such a wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear that you received such prompt and effective treatment.

Very caring GP

Today I had a telephone consultation with my named GP. The appointment for a callback was offered later the same day. The doctor called early & I was not near my phone so she left a message that she’d ring back in 15 mins. When she did call me about 15 mins later, she gave me 14 mins of her time to go through all my concerns about my condition, my drugs & future action. She treated me with great care & concern & checked that I knew what actions I should take. She asked me to contact her again if I had any problems. I felt throughout that I was being cared for. A GP with a wonderful “”’bedside manner ‘ Thank you York House!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 07 March 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 08 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave York House Medical Centre such wonderful feedback. We are really pleased to hear what a great service you received.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Are the receptionists Doctors??

My mother is 77 she rang up the doctors to get an appointment with a doctor about her knee which has been troubling her for a while, to be told by the receptionist that she needed a physio appointment not a doctors!
I find it disgusting that a receptionist thinks she has the powers of a doctor without the training!!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 07 February 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 08 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
York House Medical Centre is very fortunate and one of only a small number of Practices currently in the Wyre Forest who has a Specialist Musculoskeletal Services Clinic running 2 days a week for the benefit of our patients.
Patients with muscle/bone/joint problems now have quick access to a Specialist Physiotherapist, without the need for a referral from a GP, which could result in a longer wait for an appointment and delayed treatment.
Running this service at the Practice enables patients to be seen by a Specialist normally within 48 hours of contacting the Practice.
The Receptionists at the Practice have been trained by the Musculoskeletal team to enable them to effectively book patients correctly into the clinic.
If you have any further concerns then please contact the Site Manager Katie Bush who will be more than happy to any questions you might have.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from doctor.

Was seen by the doctor today after having a phone conversation. I’ve previously seen her in the past and always find her very understanding and relaxed. She makes you feel reassured and talks you through everything. I’ve never had any problems with York House and would recommend them to anyone. From the receptionists, the prescriptions office, nurses, doctors and domestics. They’re all lovely.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 16 January 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review, it is so nice to hear what a great service you have had from York House Medical Centre.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Visit to York House Medical Centre

I rang surgery with a query on a Friday afternoon and a doctor rang me back on the following Monday morning and an appointment was made for the Wednesday of the same week. The doctor was very thorough, kind and considerate and immediately put me at my ease. I had blood tests, went for an X-ray the same day and an appointment was made to see her the following week for follow up. A further appointment has been made for imaging at KGH.
I was very impressed with my visit to York House Medical Centre and would certainly recommend the Surgery.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 24 January 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 25 January 2018

Thank you for leaving feedback for York House Medical Centre, we are really pleased to hear that you were very happy with the service.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

annual review

Very happy - the nurse was friendly, helpful and efficient.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

York House Medical Centre replied on 02 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave York House Medical Centre a review. We are really pleased to hear your comments.

Annual review

I was able to get a 07.10 appointment which is really convenient , I was called in promptly and the nurse was efficient,helpful and friendly I'm very happy with the treatment I received.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

York House Medical Centre replied on 07 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback, York House Medical Centre are really pleased to hear that you had a good patient experience with us.

Elderly mother's care

The end of life care given to my elderly mother by the doctors at York House was excellent.
Mom was a resident of a local nursing home, but her family did not live in the area.
However, as her daughter, I was able to be kept well informed by telephone and the conversation that I had with one of the doctors was very helpful and supportive at a difficult time.
Cannot praise them enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

York House Medical Centre replied on 15 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review, We are so pleased to hear that we provided such excellent care and support for you at such a difficult time.