York House Medical Centre

01299827171 20-21 York Street , Stourport On Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 9EH

excellent system

The systerm at this medical centre is the best i have ever had!!!f my brother in Cornwall can not believe that you can ring in and speak to a doctor on the same day!! and also get an appointment within an hour of speaking to him. also an ecg within an hour and the results sent to the nurse involved within minutes.it was nothing to serious but i was treated with full care and respect.. Might i add that i needed some tests a few months ago and got these within a few weeks! the doctors where very good with all the test that they requested and i feel well looked after.Any one looking for a good medical center i would recommend york street in stourport. Thank you to all staff at york street.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we are so pleased to hear that you have had such excellent service from us and that you would happily recommend York House Medical Centre.

Excellent Service

Telephone consultation on 5th November at 1630 hours. GP appointment on 6th November at 1000 hours followed by Physio appointment at 1245 hours also on 6th November.

Efficent courteous service. Student Doctor under took GP apppointment follow up by Senior Partner.

Pleased to help with Student under training.

Excellent service. Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 16 November 2018

York House Medical Centre thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you received such excellent service.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Systems error?

Following a telephone consultation with a GP an appointment was made.
On arrival at the practice we were told the GP was absent and the appointment was for a telephone call!
Only after insisting the appointment was face to face and not telephone (as the telephone consultation had already taken place) the receptionist agreed to see what could be done and asked us to wait.
Eventually, the receptionist apologised for their error and offered an appointment 1hr 5mins later than our original time. It was up to us to decide to wait and maybe we could be seen earlier or go away and return later. We decided to wait but sadly had to wait until our new time.
Surely a text/call would have saved time for all concerned. It seems the surgery systems failed on this occasion to alert staff to contact patients about GP absence.
I was pleased with the way this was dealt with, the reception staff handled it very well but this situation could have been very easily avoided and a confused patient could have easily been wrongly informed and their needs not met.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 21 November 2018

Thank you for leaving a review for York House Medical Centre. I am sorry that you experienced problems at the Practice.
When a Dr is absent due to sickness we always endeavor to contact all patients and I apologise if we did not contact you on this occasion.
However I am really pleased to hear that Reception dealt with the situation well.

Mary McNabb gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

On going cough, cold.

Following Telephine call, which I booked on line, from GP, an appointment was offered within half an hour of said call

I was seen my a female Associates GP; had a thorough examination of my chest, pulse, BP, temperature, and neck.

A female GP then checked me over and prescribed a course of antibiotics for a chest infection.

I was feeling really unwell; came away after a really good appointment from the above mentioned professionals; reassured and invited back if I still felt unwell during or after prescription

As always, amazing service from Yourk House Medical
Centre.

Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 26 November 2018

Thank you for leaving a review for York House Medical Centre, we are always pleased to hear that our Patients receive such a good service and good patient care.

David Cooper-Smith gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Prompt Service

I have a reoccurring problem with my knee. Booked to speak to Doctor which I did at 1345 and saw Doctor and had necessary treatment at 1500.

Always had good prompt service from the practice which has been my only one for 50+ years.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 22 October 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 23 October 2018

Thank you for leaving York House Medical Centre such a lovely review. We are really pleased to hear that you have had such good service from us.

A super fast service

I phoned to speak to GP AT 2pm, doctor rang me back 5 minutes later & I was sitting in the doctors sirgery being thoroughly examined for hip & knee pain within 30 minutes!! The doctor was caring & knowledgeable & changed the treatment that I’d been following for the past few months with the physiotherapist. I feel confident now that the condition has at last been correctly diagnosed & I have begun my new regime of ice, NSAID tablets, rest, keeping mobile & an injection booked for November, should I still need it. The condition & treatment were explained well to me. All this on a Friday afternoon too!! Thank you YHMC.

!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 20 October 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 05 November 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we are really pleased to hear that you had such fantastic service from York House Medical Centre

Dave Painter gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Terrible surgery avoid at all costs

I moved to the area and registered at this surgery , I asked for my routine meds and injections and made an appointment, when I turned up they had no idea what was needed and asked if I had the meds needed , I tried to make another appointment, but had a doctor call me to arrange an urgent medical examination and blood test , I today arrived 6 mins late owing to traffic only to be told I can’t be seen today , I am away now for 3 weeks so going to try a and e for my injections at the least as I feel shocking , this is the most impersonal non caring incompetent practice I have had the pleasure to go to

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 19 October 2018

We are really sorry to hear that you have experienced problems since joining the Practice, York House Medical Centre would like to resolve these issues for you. Please contact the Site manager Katie Bush if you would like to discuss in further detail.

Excellent!

I only moved to the Surgery 18 months ago, but the care I receive is excellent from all the Doctors, Nurses and Receptionists.
Thank you!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 22 October 2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review for York House Medical Centre, we are really pleased to hear that you have received such excellent Patient care from us.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Notes not updated

GP thought I was over medicated as notes had not been updated with change of medication levels 12 months earlier, even though updating letters were being sent by the consultant to the surgery and myself. Thankfully the information had been altered on the repeat prescription file. GP did not understand latest thyroid blood test results even though the consultant had discharged me some months earlier saying they were just right. Very worrying .

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 26 September 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 26 September 2018

Please contact Katie Bush the Site Manager at York House Medical Centre to discuss this matter in further detail. Many thanks.

Anonymous gave York House Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Practice Manager excellence

Following my recent post regarding a concern personal to my own circumstances I was contacted within 24 hrs by the Practice Manager to offer help to resolve the problems. I was patiently listened to and my concerns were addressed calmly assuring me that nothing was being missed and I was in good hands. Thank you for listening to me 🇬🇧

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 27 September 2018

York House Medical Centre replied on 28 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback, York House Medical Centre are pleased that we were able to reassure you and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.