St. Martin's Medical Centre

01895637800 108 Aylsham Drive , Ickenham, Middlesex, UB10 8UD

A. Patient reviewed St. Martin's Medical Centre

Excellent doctors at this practice

Doctor's are excellent. Sometimes difficult to get an appointment within a week.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

St. Martin's Medical Centre replied on 24 April 2018

Thank you for your appreciation and we really value your comments.

Anonymous gave St. Martin's Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor patient care and no bedside manner

I have been a patient at this surgery since 2014 when I moved into the area. I have been diagnosed with multiple myeloma and have also had breast cancer. Recently I have developed very painful arthritis. My experiences with the surgery have been disappointing. The quality of patient care is poor. Referrals have not been made until I have had to call the surgery repeatedly to follow up on this. My notes on patient access are inaccurate - wrong dates and ailments listed.
When questioning delays, I have been told by two separate doctors, "What do you expect, this is the NHS".

I accept that the medical services are stretched and under tremendous strain, but as a patient battling with two types of cancers and painful arthritis, I feel very let down at the lack of empathy and support that I have received. The surgery has no facility for taking blood tests which I need regularly. I often feel lost in this system.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017

St. Martin's Medical Centre replied on 24 April 2018

We are very sorry that you felt it necessary to comment on your recent experience with the surgery.
We ensure you that we regularly review the comments at our practice meetings and make every effort to resolve and learn from raised issues.

Hayley Cockman gave St. Martin's Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Awful surgery

You cant book an appointment, you can call in the morning and wait and wait and wait on the phone, to then be told to call in the afternoon, to then be told to call back the following morning. Working in London means I leave for work before the surgery is open so I either have to choose to not go into work in the hope I get an early appointment or start the commute into work and risk having to turn back. You can book around 2 weeks in advance but even then there are basically no appointments and you cant predict an illness. Had an appointment with Dr about a month ago, they didn't listen to what I was saying, asked 4 times if I had taken any medication, I left being no closer to finding out what was actually wrong and ended up back in bed for a further 4 days, even though I had already spent 5 days previously in bed. Completely ridiculous. I visit the Pin medical centre in pinner as it has a walk in everyday however they cannot refer you for anything as they aren't your own GP. Would not recommend St Martins. I will be changing doctors surgeries as soon as possible.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Anonymous gave St. Martin's Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

No appointments available

When you call for an appointment you are told to call in the afternoon, when you call in the afternoon, they tell you call tomorrow morning and it goes in circles until you have to go to walk in clinic or A&E.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 29 April 2017

Anonymous gave St. Martin's Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Booking appointments a nightmare

So many things wrong, I don't even know where to start. First of all, booking an appointment is a nightmare. Apparently your only option is to call on the day, at exact hours and even so, after you've rearranged your schedule to suit their requirements and you finally get through to a patronising receptionist you find out it's all booked or nobody is available. How?? Of course, booking an appointment a day or more in advance is for some unknown reason, impossible. I was ignorant enough to try and make this request a few times and was almost laughed at. When I did get my appointments, the doctors were not helpful and even downright ignorant. I am a young woman and I went to see them regarding some female related issues. Once I was at Ruislip and the doctor there, after poking me a little on my sides told me to go home and if the pain gets worse call an ambulance. The other time at Aylsham I saw a doctor who refused to send me to a gynecologist although I specifically requested it, was patronising and used somewhat uncomfortable language when asking me about my sex life and barely listened to me when I tried to explain what is wrong and what referrals I would need. And these are just 2 examples. Seriously, if you can choose another GP, do it.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017