03003001573 St Clements Avenue, Off Gubbins Lane , Harold Wood, Essex, RM3 0FE

Kathy Hull gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service.

I went along this morning as I knew I would be unable to get an appointment with my own GP.
The reception staff as always were pleasant and very helpful
The Dr listened to my reason for being there and checked out the problem thoroughly.
I always have confidence when I go there as I know I will get the best treatment, they take the time in listening to the individuals.
Thankyou, left there feeling very happy

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Treatment for hand injury.

All staff were polite and sympathetic and the waiting time acceptable at 90minutes from booking in. Treatment by the two nurses I saw was very professional and of a very high standard. I was very satisfied with my treatment (3 stitches in a hand wound) and I would highly recommend the service as an alternative to A & E.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Dear patient

Thank you very much for putting your comments onto NHS Choices.

We have a wonderful team of here at the Polyclinic whom I am very proud of. The services we can offer can be a brilliant alternative to an A & E department as we are able to see and treat a wide range of both illnesses and injuries including fractures, stitching and gluing.

With our A & E departments being under increasing pressure, it is vital that we all use alternative services such as walk in centres , GP practices, 111, the out of hours Hubs and the local pharmacies whenever we can.

I am very pleased we were able to help you and will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Sad...

This practice used to be great. Not anymore! Staff changed and some are very unhelpful and even arrogant. Appointments system is appalling - I'm thinking of switching GP. Very disappointed.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

B Sweeting gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic GP

Fantastic receptionist very warm welcome and friendly, just what you need in a clinic
I was here 2 weeks back and one of the receptionist was dreadful face like thunder

Apt today with the GP was exactly how it should be they were welcoming and introduce themselves, very informative was there to help and listen to me ! Great GP

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

Kings Park Surgery replied on 16 November 2017

Dear patient,
I am pleased that you found your latest visit so helpful and the staff friendly but apologise that your last visit was not quite the service we hoped to give !
We do have a great team here at Kings Park and we have made lots of changes with our appointment systems over the past few months and feel that we are now turning a corner.
We now have the new GP call back services, daily appointments with our advanced nurse practitioners who can see and treat minor ailments and the E-Consult service for our registered patients. With all these changes we have had a great improvement in our patient care and will continue to review and amend our services as required going forward.
With kind regards

Nicki Hodgson gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service from GP

My 3 year old daughter was seen by a Dr & I was very impressed. The Dr was very thorough & checked all possibilities of my daughters ailments. They initially carried out a phone consultation & gave me an appointment an hour later at the surgery.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Kings Park Surgery replied on 16 November 2017

Dear Patient ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your comments onto NHS Choices.
We have worked incredibly hard in the past few months to improve our services with the patient participation group and we are therefore really pleased to be receiving such positive feedback from lots of our patients.
The surgery also offers E-consult for our registered patients, there is no need to register for the service but just access via the practice website ( www.kingsparksurgery.org.uk ) and you will receive a response within 48 working hours. The E-consults can be used for so many things, giving feedback on your health, requesting a referral , asking for a sick note ( Med 3 ) or just letting us know that the new medication we have prescribed is really work well. The other great thing is that you can start your consultation straight away 24/7.
If you or your daughters need to be seen for a minor ailment you could always book into our daily clinic with our Advanced Nurse Practitioners who can see and treat minor ailments independently.
With kind regards and thanks

Lack of doctore

To many patients and not enough Doctors in this Gp practice and you cant always get through on the telephone some times you are in a long queue only to be told that there are no available appointment and to phone back the next morning

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Mr Me gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Chaotic at best!

This surgery has totaly lost its way. There are no permanent doctors, as they seem to all have deserted the sinking ship. Reception staff seem to have no idea as to how the crazy appoitment system works, it seems as though they have no idea of what doctors will be on duty until the day begings. You cannot make pre-bookable appoitments at all, you have ring at 8am on the morning you require one.The doctors they do use, have no idea of the practical workings of the surgery. How this has just been awarded a new contract for the next 10 years is beyond the realms of reality.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Dear patient

I am sorry that you feel that the surgery has lost its way as this is really not the case.

We have a wonderful team of both doctors, nurses and administrative staff here at the surgery who work extremely hard to ensure we provide excellent health care.

We do have both regular GP’s and nurses on staff and offer a wide selection of appointments which we have updated after consultation with our patient participation group.

We offer all of the following:
•Daily GP slots which are initially telephone triage, whereby the GP makes an initial assessment and can arrange a face to face consultation later the same morning if required.
•Daily surgeries with our Advanced Nurse Practitioners who can see and treat minor ailments independently but always have the support of a GP on site if ever required.
•Appointments with our regular GP’s and practice nurse which are put on the system up to four weeks in advance; the online booking system does restrict patients to only allow them to book one appointment via Patient Access so if you have an appointment already arranged with a clinician, you will not be able to book another appointment online.
•We have Chronic Disease Management clinics with our lead nurse and Lead GP on a weekly basis.
•E-consultations which are accessible 24/7 via the practice website www.kingsparksurgery.org.uk were you will receive a response from the practice within 48 working hours.
•Pre-bookable appointments in our extended hours surgeries here in Kings Park on a Saturday morning
•Bookable evening appointments via the Havering Hub by calling 0203 770 01888 which offers appointments between 18:30 and 22:00
•Bookable weekend appointments via the Havering Hub which operates between 08:00 and 20:00

Unfortunately as you have posted your comments anonymously, I cannot address the issue of the doctors you state have no idea about the practical workings of the surgery. I would be more than happy to discuss this with any individual doctor if I knew who it was you were referring to. If you could please supply me with the details I can give the GP your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

blood test

My daughter has to have regular blood test for a long standing medical condition which are usually done at Great Ormond Street or Queens hospital. This week I brought her to the Polyclinic where for the first time she had her blood taken without any tears, no fuss and we even got a smile at the end!!

The treatment was outstanding and faultless. Thank you to the person that took my daughters blood you helped to put a child at ease and next time she wont feel so anxious your are an asset to the NHS Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Kings Park Surgery replied on 26 October 2017

Dear patient,
Thank you so much for taking the time to add your comments onto NHS Choices.
I have passed on your kind comments to our phlebotomist who has a wonderful manner with the patients and we receive a lot of very positive feedback regarding her care.
We are very lucky to have an amazing team of dedicated doctors and nurses at the walk in centre and I am extremely proud to be working with them.

Practice Manager

Blood Tests / Iron / Now pregnant

Seemless blood test
Lovely reception staff
Efficient service and Doctors who actually care and issue referrals

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments onto NHS Choices.

We do indeed have a wonderful team here at Kings Park Surgery and we are all so pleased that you are finding the service so good and huge congratulations on your wonderful news.

We do try to go the extra mile at the surgery and will always try to accommodate our patients’ needs. Over the last year, we have made several changes to the practice including starting daily surgeries with our Advanced Nurse Practitioners who can see and treat minor ailments and can prescribe independently. Our new Telephone Triage Surgeries with our GP’s has also proved to be very popular with the doctors being able to deal with up to 80% of all patient contacts via the ‘phone but with the GP still retaining capacity to call patients in to be seen if required.

We are also finding that our patients really like our Online Consultations, which can be accessed via the practice website www.kingsparksurgery.org.uk ; this service allows the patient to begin their consultation immediately and they will receive a response from the surgery with 48 hours. The Online Consultation has a huge range of uses, including general advice for ongoing conditions, feedback regarding medication, requests for Med3 and requests for referrals. The GP dealing with the e-consults can either contact the patient directly if required, deal with the query remotely or arrange for the patient to be seen face to face. Our e-consults are a wonderful way to deal with sorting out problems with your health and are an invaluable tool for the modern day NHS.

Our warmest wishes

Terrible patient care

My husband recently visited the surgery - he arrived early for his appointment. He was in excruciating pain (kidney stones) yet was still made to wait for 45 mins to be seen. They were not even able to provide him with a drink of water in the surgery and had a very uncaring manner. The doctor did nothing except tell him to go to A & E for a stronger painkiller by injection. Following the appointment, my husband was doubled over in pain and had to wait in the surgery before being able to drive home. Of course he did not want to go and sit in A & E for hours to be seen!! He was in a terrible state when he got home. I am appalled at the uncaring service which my husband received.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017