Kings Park Surgery

0203 416 7711 St Clements Avenue, Off Gubbins Lane , Harold Wood, Essex, RM3 0FE

Mmafandave gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

I would like to say thank you to the doctors and staff at the walk in clinic,you treated my wife with dignity and respect.They helped her with breathing problems taking time and care and explaining everything to us.Even though it said it would be a two hour wait it was just over an hour,much better than waiting six weeks with our own surgery for an appointment.
I would like to thank the polyclinic for a wonderful service

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 09 March 2019

Satisfied Patient gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Receptionist was very helpful and efficient

I recently neede a repeat prescription urgently as I had ran out of medication.this was because of the patient access app that I had to download.It did not have the medication registered on the app so I had to visit the surgery to try and sort it.
A receptionist listened to my problem and said she would sort it out the next day.
She kept her promise and phoned me twice to sort every thing out and made it possible to get my medication that day from the pharmacy.
I have been at this surgery for 2 years and have never had someone so willing to help,care and rectify any issues promptly and efficiently.
As a nurse myself I would like to commend this member of staff for going over and above her duties to help people in need.
I am not a person to leave reviews but she deserves a 'Well done' from management.
A satisfied patient

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 05 February 2019

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Too difficult to contact surgery

Its far too difficult to make an appointment- usually end up having to walk to the surgery to book anything. Booked appointment for 2 weeks time to see GP only to find one was not available and had to see nurse practitioner instead. even a telephone appointment when finally made is nearly 2 weeks time

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 07 February 2019

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

They don’t know what they’re doing

I came in last week because I had a problem with my eye, it was swollen and painful and the strain from my eye was causing a headache on one side.

When I went in to be seen, she asked me what was wrong, I told her and she asked me the normal questions she had to ask and then took my blood pressure and checked in my ears. I don’t think she understand the reason for my headache being my obvious swollen eye which she didn’t even check, she poked where it hurt and that was it. She was rude and disrespectful when I didn’t understand what ‘sudden on sight’ meant, she had a really disrespectful tone of voice when she continued to say ‘SUDDEN on sight’ when I asked what it meant, she didn’t explain.
She finished my appointment by saying that my eye was just inflamed and that it will go away on it own and I should go to a&e for the headache.
I left and of course I did not go to a&e, I went to Tesco pharmacy who are obviously more educated than this woman because the pharmacist took one look at me and told me what the problem with my eye was and how to treat it.
Low and behold the swelling has near enough gone down after the treatments given by Tesco pharmacist and the headache has gone away as an affect of that.

In conclusion these “doctors” do not know how to help everyone, it is as if they have a certain procedure and just carry that out on every patient no matter the issue.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 20 January 2019

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Missed appnt letter

Today I received a letter in regards to my son's appnt which he missed apparently. I was rather confused as I never miss my children's appnts and I always write it down asap. When I phoned the surgery to query this, the person on the other line wasn't very nice neither obliging and I said that we saw the GP the day before. She said she will make a note of that and then she just hung up on me. I'm sure the system has to alarm them about multiple appnts for one person. Then I remembered that when I phoned to get a same day appnt, I was luckily booked in as my son was really unwell. When I went to attend the appnt, I was told we were booked in for the day after! I said (I think it was the manager), that I phoned that morning to be seen and she said to me that there is nothing else that day. When I said that it was clearly a misunderstanding, she then offered me an appnt in the afternoon. I was very happy then, but not my mistake that they didn't make a note of another appnt the day after. It's silly to send a letter after to a patient notifing them about a missed appnt if the patient never missed an appnt before. Please make a note of that. Thank you.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 12 December 2018

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Verry helpful and friendly

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful when registering. The practice manager was especially helpful. Many thanks for your assistance.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 20 December 2018

Denise gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Appalling GP service

I could go on for ever about why you shouldn’t register with this GP practice. However I will just point out the worst.

1. I had heart tests and was never given the results. I was told by KPS that they must be ok because they have been filed. An operation had to be delayed whilst the anaesthetist called my doctor to find out the results of the tests.

2. I have never been given an appointment within a reasonable amount of time of my request. Only today I was given an appointment a week away - when I am actually unwell now!

3. I have been told, following a referral to musculoskeletal on 8/11 for possible injections, that I was “not on the system”. That was two weeks ago and I still haven’t had an answer as to how I can get onto the system.

4. The staff are incredibly rude. There are one or two that are ok but mostly behave as though they are doing you a favour.

As I am a Harold Wood resident, I know only too well what the general opinion of the Kings Park Surgery is. My neighbour called her GP surgery today and got an appointment this evening- my appointment is a week away - enough said!

I am not a habitual complainer but I have had various GPs in various areas and have never had cause to complain about any of them. Kings Park is the worst I have ever had the displeasure of being registered with. I will be changing my GP as soon as possible.

There are many many other things I could

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 21 January 2019

Frustrated Patient gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

3 week wait for nurse appointment

I have had to make an appointment for a B12 injection which by the time I get it will be 3 weeks after the date it was due. I have been advised to call back daily to see if I can get an earlier cancellation but I can’t even get through to the surgery after trying for 3 days! It either doesn’t let you join a queue or when you do you get to position 1 in the queue then they cut you off and then you’re back to being unable to join a queue seconds after being cut off! It is unacceptable to hold you in a queue for a significant amount of time only to be cut off when you get to position 1. Sort it out!!!!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 29 January 2019

Pam gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to book appointment! Never see the same doctor!

It is impossible to book appointment!
The only way to book appointment is to speak to manager!
No calls in the morning for urgent appointmens in the morning!
Lost my blood test results twice!
Never see the same doctor!
The reception staff are sarcast which is disrespectful for me!
Staff take their time to pick up the phone- even if not busy!
Staff get confused when I asked for my husband referral and though I am transgender!
Been given prescription without doctors signature, which makes it illegal to be collected!
On two occasions I been seen by a nurse and not a GP!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

AEL gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Pharmacist

Needed a blood pressure check, the pharmacist took the time to make me at ease resulting in the best reading for some time thank you a vital service

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018