Kings Park Surgery

0203 416 7711 St Clements Avenue, Off Gubbins Lane , Harold Wood, Essex, RM3 0FE

Pam gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to book appointment! Never see the same doctor!

It is impossible to book appointment!
The only way to book appointment is to speak to manager!
No calls in the morning for urgent appointmens in the morning!
Lost my blood test results twice!
Never see the same doctor!
The reception staff are sarcast which is disrespectful for me!
Staff take their time to pick up the phone- even if not busy!
Staff get confused when I asked for my husband referral and though I am transgender!
Been given prescription without doctors signature, which makes it illegal to be collected!
On two occasions I been seen by a nurse and not a GP!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

AEL gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Pharmacist

Needed a blood pressure check, the pharmacist took the time to make me at ease resulting in the best reading for some time thank you a vital service

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

Pippa gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Unable to contact surgery for Eve appt

I have a 7:15 appt this evening, I have tried to cal to inform that I have been held up at work (I am a Nurse) and may not make the appointment.

The surgery phone lines are shut (shut at 5:30) so patients coming in for an evening appt can get hold of anyone, should they need to.

I am now stuck in traffic, I have tried calling the Walk in centre, have held the line for over 6 minutes, with no one answering (1st in queue).

It is often hard enough to get hold of the surgery, but this is a joke.

If i don’t attend my appt it goes down as a DNA (did not attend), and this is all because patients are unable to contact the surgery after 5:30, yet appts are clearly being given out for later in the evening.

I work in a very busy hospital dept that has evening clinics, that are staffed by receptionists until the last patient has arrived, so that there is a point of contact.

I seriously think this needs addressing at Kings Park.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 15 October 2018

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Blood test

I frequent clinic for blood tests fairly regularly and always find the lady very friendly, efficient and professional. The wait varies depending on the amount of people waiting but this is very good compared to going to Queens hospital. Very happy with service

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Appalling customer service

From a clinical perspective, I have no issues with Kings Park surgery. Any treatment they have provided me or my young family has always been good and I have only had positive experiences with the clinical staff.

The administrative side of the surgery, however, is appalling. Members of staff (one or two in particular) are routinely rude to patients, showing absolutely no respect for the people they serve. Phone calls to the surgery are a constant battle to convince the admin team that you actually do need to see a doctor. While appreciating the need to make sure clinical staff’s time isn’t wasted, to be told that you need to wait four weeks for your 6 month old to be seen about a hacking cough, and have it insinuated that you are just fussing, is really not on. This level of appalling treatment is something we have heard of many times from others we know in the area.

This is a decent GP surgery with a good range of services, let down by a poor administrative function - or more accurately, one or two members of staff who have no respect for people or knowledge of good customer service. Remove them and you will have a strong practice. Until then, patients will continue to feel maltreated and uncared for and the practice will suffer as a result.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very Impresed

I've only just registered with the Kings Park Surgery and I must say from day 1 of registering ( a very minor in delay of registering which was sorted out very quickly ) to arranging telephone call backs from the Dr's - arranging meds - flu vaccinations text messages - chatting to very friendly efficient receptionists... you are far more professional than my previous GP.
Keep up the good work !!
People do not realise we will be lost if we did not have our NHS.
Thank you !!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Glinette gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Needing an asthma pump while away

My 32 year old daughter has had asthma all her life and knows ow to control it. She had her reliever pump changed around a year ago to one that needs to be kept int eh fridge and goes out of date. As soon as she realizes she has a virus or infection she needs to start taking this pump. While on holiday in Hastings she realized she needed this pump and rang the surgery. it took all day for them to accept that she needed this while the chemist in Hastings kept one by for her. Thank goodness for the receptionist who persevered. Eventually, at about 4.30 she was given the prescription but the doctor was very annoyed and said she needed to give 48 hours notice and he would not do this again for her.
How can she give 48 hours notice of being ill? Surely he doesn't think she should order one when she doesn't need it? The last time she needed it was last Easter so the one she has has expired. She is now battling her asthma and may not have been quite so bad if she'd had the pump straight away instead of having to wait all day. I think this was a dreadful way to treat her.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 28 August 2018

Catherine gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service

Attended the Polyclinic for the first time yesterday and I was very impressed.
Considering everyone working there is dealing with a high volume of patients and severe government cuts, I think they are doing a fantastic job.
It was easy to park and the premises were very clean. All of the staff were friendly and professional.
I was there 45 minutes and left with a diagnosis and a prescription. Now that is what I call an impressive free service.
Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Gesi gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Inappropriate and unethical behaviour

Visited Kings Park today and saw a new doctor. No apologies for running 30mins late. The doctor openly used her mobile phone the whole time of the consultation only to give a quick glance at the three readings on the BP machine - in addition to taking a quick call. I was so stunned and I will ensure that I do not see that doctor ever again. I have had doctors who quickly glance at their phone and this is quite acceptable but holding the phone and going through Instagram and friends’ lists while attending to the patient is not.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Anonymous gave Kings Park Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Blood Test

Gooshays Health Centre Blood Test had closed early due to sheer numbers so tried here.
Phoned and had a very pleasaent lady answer and advise it looked reasonably quiet so a good chance I would be seen.

I was in and seen within 10 mins - bloods taken by lovely lady. Last time I went to another surgery I fainted. Really pleased with how kind, efficient and pleaseant the nurse was who took my bloods.

Excellent would definately come back.

Thanks