Eastwick Park Medical Practice

01372452081 Eastwick Park Avenue, Great Bookham , Leatherhead, Surrey, KT23 3ND

Adam Garel gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Stretched beyond its limits - incredibly frustrating!

It is becoming increasingly impossible to get an appointment for any treatment that is not life threatening, within a reasonable timescale. Current;y (Aug 2019) booking 1 month+ which makes it impossible to manage ongoing conditions. Also, alternatives (late appointment slots etc.) are unclear as to what they can and can't advise on.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 09 August 2019

e.g.Christine Hearne gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding surgery

I feel so privileged to belong to this practice. Outstanding service given this week. Within two hours of a phone call saw a nurse to remove a rose thorn from my thumb that I could not remove. The nurse was not allowed to cut the skin so another appointment was made for that very afternoon to allow a doctor to do this procedure. Relieved me of pain and risk of infection. So very grateful.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 19 July 2019

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Accompanying daughter for appointment

This is not my surgery but my adult daughter's who has a learning disability. Following a routine appointment with staff from her home, she was called back for further tests. I accompanied her to this and a subsequent one. I was greatly impressed by the kindness shown to her by all the staff. Although she has limited understanding, no one talked over her head but tried to explain things to her and included her in the decision making.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 08 March 2019

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Stroppy Receptionists

I have recently noticed all the extra signs up in the surgery about not being abusive to the receptionists. I walked in there today with someone else's poo sample and asked if I could just leave it only to have my head bitten off. She didn't want to touch it and neither did I, it wasn't my sample. After not being able to park prior to this, this surgery is a nightmare. I am neurodivergent and I cannot always control my reactions to things. Luckily today I just left feeling bad. Are you supposed to feel worse after leaving the doctors, I don't think so!!!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 11 March 2019

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Awful receptionists

I am not one for running to the GP surgery with minor ailments, but sometimes a medical issue arises and I have concerns for my health. Due to a family history of heart disease and my age. I needed an ECG, bloods done and a 24 hour BP monitor fitted. However, an appointment for all will take over 2 weeks before I am seen.
The receptionist informed me that the GP had not put urgent and if she had then I would have been seen sooner. Tests needed for any high BP/heart monitoring is a more urgent case and as appointment could have been earlier if the GP had put urgent then the receptionist would have got me in.
I cannot fault the GP's or HCA's at the practice but the receptionists are the most awful individuals to deal with and need to show empathy and understanding instead of this authoritative approach to the public.
I have been in the health sector since 1981 and find their attitude disgusting and they only book appointments!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 14 March 2019

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding end of life care

The care our family received over the past couple of weeks leading up to my lovely fathers recent death has been nothing but outstanding. The care, compassion and attention to detail has made this sad time so much easier . My parents were relatively new to the surgery and despite them not knowing the doctors they were treated with nothing but kindness and dignity throughout . There was never any question that they would visit him at home and called back repeatedly to check how he was and if there was anything else they could do. Prescriptions for drugs were always ready and waiting for us at the chemist and at a time when we were feeling emotionally exhausted we knew they were there which was a huge comfort to us all. We saw the same doctor throughout who was absolutely lovely and this consistency also made it so much easier. She had the perfect combination of care, kindness and fun along with clinical expertise to make us all feel so safe at this vulnerable time . Your care in conjunction with the hospice has made this sad time so much easier and allowed him a wonderfully peaceful end to his life in his own home . We can not thank you enough .

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 21 February 2019

Julie A gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Grateful thanks for superb care during end of life

I cannot speak highly enough of the care and support my parents have received from the surgery. During the last few weeks of my fathers life, the GPs could not have been more caring, professional and even had just the right amount of humour to make us feel totally safe in their hands as we helped our lovely dad take the final part of his journey.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 22 February 2019

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

They can not carter for Diabetics that Work

As a Diabetic. It is impossible to book follow-up appointment in advance of two months. Constantly being asking to make appointments.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 17 November 2018

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

If you want to know what rude looks like - walk in to here!

Haven’t needed doctors for years - I am lucky and grateful for that. Rang for an appointment to be greeted with huffing and puffing and damn the patient attitude. Maybe it was early in the day. Called in at 4 to collect item waited patiently for both receptionists to finish their calls to be acknowledged. Both finished and immediately commenced a second call. I interjected to ask for item waiting for me in the tray and huffing and puffing and annoyance at me began. I feel for those poor women if working there causes that behaviour and level of disgust at clients it must be miserable.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 June 2018

Anonymous gave Eastwick Park Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Lovely family friendly practice

Lovely team of doctors and nurses. Family friendly and always prepared to give advice where needed.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 July 2018