The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel

01477533100 London Road , Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 7BB

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful

Quite a few go's here lack the required basic skills in dealing with certain conditions.
Superior attitude delivered by several senior go's
Don't get back to you if you leave a voicemail message
Don't get back to you or communicate when you are awaiting important test results.
Most of the best go's have now left the practice.
Try booking an appointment you need to know when you are next going to be ill......well in advance.
Please NHS supply me with a chrystal ball!!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 22 June 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 09 July 2018

Dear Patient- we will always try to respond to messages left very promptly by ensuring we get the correct message to a GP or other clinician. If I can offer any further assistance please contact me via paul.carroll5@nhs.net so I can follow up on any correspondence. yours. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 2 stars

Frustrating

Trying to get an appointment is always difficult. The phone system doesn't always work so you think you are in a queue waiting for your call to be answered... But you aren't so you just waste your money and your time waiting for nothing. Sometimes there's a message saying there are no appointments left even though the phone lines have only just opened.
Pre bookable appointments for routine reasons are booked up weeks in advance.
If you can get an appointment count yourself lucky. No wonder A&E is full of people who couldn't see their GP.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 10 May 2018

Dear Patient. Your feedback is noted and appreciated. Any telephone feedback is reported back to our supplier who then test our lines and repair any issues that they find. We presently have a mixture of appointments, including Book on the Day, Book in Advance, and every day the Duty Doctor who will undertake an initial telephone call back to the patient to then discuss if the condition needs a face to face appointment that day. I want to maximise the choice to patients and this is being explored presently as ways to review how and when appointments are offered. I would hope you note some improvements in the forthcoming weeks to your choice. The changes will always still include the Duty Doctor role so we can be assured that any patient with a need on the day gets to speak with a GP. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Gp.

The Dr went that "extra mile" as she has done before, this time helping my 16yr old son get a mental health appointment urgently with a Psychiatrist. He is much improved and we are forever in her debt. Thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 June 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 09 July 2018

Dear Patient. Many thanks for your feedback. I am grateful for you taking the time to note your experiences and that we assisted in gaining your son the access to more specialist services. Yours . Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Awful service

This practice is why A&E is over worked!!
It takes on average 20 mins to get through to reception,on a quiet day. That's when your third in a queue!!!
Ring at 8am as requested for an appointment on the day and you have no chance. By the time you finally get through, around 8.45 all appointments have gone.
It's the worst practice I have ever had the unfortunate privilege of having to use.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 08 May 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 08 May 2018

Dear Patient. The practice has had a few weeks of very high demand, practically the winter pressures have carried on throughout April too. I am working with the GP Partners, Staff and our Patient Panel to develop new ways of access be assured. We are committed to retaining our Duty Doctor for medical conditions which are needed to be discussed on the day , and if our routine appointments have been booked for the day. The Duty Doctor will ring the patient and discuss if she/he should then call in for a Duty Doctor appointment on the day. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will notice improvements in the coming weeks. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 3 stars

Rude receptionist

Phoned up to make a pre bookable appointment this afternoon approx 2pm, after attending an echo cardiogram at hospital this morning. I was advised at the hospital to make a pre bookable appointment to see a doctor for 7-10 days time. The receptionist was incredibly rude, abrupt and was rushing me and talking over me when I was trying to explain that I wanted to book a pre bookable. There was no emphathy. I was just an inconvenience. After just having a heart scan, she didn't make me feel relaxed in any way by the tone of her voice! My heart was racing by the time I finish the conversation. Not good practice.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 27 March 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 28 March 2018

Dear Patient. I am very sorry that we did not give a good service here. I will review our actions , as we should have more available appointments for this request from April onwards. If you would wish to meet me to discuss the situation further please ask for my attention via our contact details holmeschapel.healthcentre@nhs.net Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 4 stars

Urology problem

The doctor was extremely helpful through a telephone consultation and got in touch with Leighton Hospital to arrange me to be seen as an emergency. I had been given the runaround by the Private system where Id previously had treatment and was getting nowhere. The doctor went the extra mile to help me and his efforts are much appreciated.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 29 March 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 03 April 2018

Dear Patient. Many thanks for your feedback , and I hope you make continued progress to manage your condition effectively . I will ensure your feedback goes to our GPs. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager

Tony H gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Surgery at crisis point

Totally lost confidence in this surgery. The main problem is they run their own dispensary.
They don't offer an online service for repeat prescriptions and the entire prescription system is a nonsense. Prescriptions are never ready on time after ordering a month in advance. This causes huge problems because the supply runs out too close to the collection date - there is very little flexibility. If you go to collect the prescription on the day it will be ready, we have always been advised of at least a 30 minute wait as it has yet to be dispensed.
NEVER has the prescription been ready to collect. In fact, last time I went, the prescription hadn't even been printed or signed off by a GP.
The morale and mood is very low at the surgery, particularly in the dispensary and you feel like you are not welcome, you are an annoyance and an inconvenience and made to feel like an encumbrance to the staff. They also shut the dispensary at lunchtime which doesn't help.
It looks like profit comes before service and under-staffing seems to be the issue.
Surely if they paid for an extra member of staff or some overtime, then a backlog could be cleared. By subscribing to an online service like every other surgery does, then this would also take some pressure off of them.
When I recently rang the surgery I commented that they had been at crisis point for 3 months.
"No we haven't" she replied - "We've been at crisis point for 12 months"
We are now changing surgeries and having to travel further.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 21 December 2017

Dear Patient. I am sorry that you have made the decision to change your GP Surgery and I have a number of improvement actions currently with our Dispensary which I very much hope will address the issues you mention. Some staff illness and change around in staffing has impacted on our abilities to deliver the service we all aim to deliver, but plans will addressed this. Staff need a period of mentoring and training before fully able to deliver the service , so would wish to see this fully developed in early 2018. Closing 1-2pm is a temporary measure, which allows the present staff to have a break and some other catch up of the behind the scenes clerical work , all of which is necessary. Sometimes issues are beyond staff control such as late deliveries and some medications being out of stock across all pharmacies. I know the last few weeks has been particularly busy with waits, all of which we intend to address. Most patients have understood our current difficulties and it is our aim to address all of these issues. Profit is from the support of the patients using the dispensary and this allows the practice to continue to invest and develop, which I think is a key point to make too. We offer online services through patient access for ordering repeat prescriptions and e-mail requests from the link on our website. We aim to improve our service, but always will work in a safe manner too. If I can assist any more, please make a contact with our reception and if you leave your details I would welcome a meeting with you. Yours Sincerely . Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

VS gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 4 stars

Collaborative, supportive and understanding

After being very nervous about discussing my menopausal symptoms I was immediately put at ease by the Doctor. She enabled us to have a grown up conversation which allowed me to be honest and forthcoming about my concerns.

She was very balanced in her view and listened brilliantly.

The suggested course of action was effective and the follow up session both informative and succinct.

It was a very positive experience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 January 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 05 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We always aim to give a caring service and it is great to see practical examples of how we have done this. I shall make all staff and GP s aware as we review our feedback during staff training sessions. Yours. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 5 stars

Walk in accident victim assessed and treated extremely well.

My neighbour fell off a ladder, landing across the ladder and onto drive, hitting his head/face, hands/wrists and legs. He had quite a graze on one eyebrow and hid nose was bleeding. As he was taking blood thinning drugs I decided it was better and quicker to take him to the surgery. Reception staff responded promptly and within a minute two doctors and a nurse were with us helping the patient into a treatment room and taking basic obs and stopping the bleeding. He was assessed by one of the doctors and an ambulance was requested to take him for x-ray. All this within 15 minutes.
All the staff were very efficient and caring in the treatment of this patient. I am very pleased that we have this service in our area.
Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 17 October 2017

Thankyou for sharing your feedback. yours Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Zoe bennett gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Terrible dispensary service!

Medications never ready on time, I've had to wait days after repeat prescription was due, even then items were missing and not even been ordered, month in month out this is happening. Where is the duty of care?? Simply not acceptable as I have mental health problems, and need my meds on time every day just to function. I dread collecting my meds every month as I have to fight to even get them! As this is the only gp surgery in my area, I have no choice to change surgeries.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 21 December 2017

Dear Patient. I apologise that you have encountered such difficulties. I am reviewing our Dispensary working procedures on an urgent basis and hope this gives you some re-assurance that an improvement will be with you early in 2018. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.