The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel

01477533100 London Road , Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 7BB

John handford gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 3 stars

Need to improve reception

The reception is looking tired and in need of refurbishment. Staff can be rude. Pharmacy chaotic. One particular doctor is excellent

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Terrible service

Tried for two days to find out test results,when I call the automated system tells me to call between 2-4pm.Call back then only to be told the results line is unmanned.Try to speak to someone on reception but the phone is never answered even though I’ve tried over 8 times both days to call,even being on hold for 10 minutes you still don’t get through.Not good

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 27 November 2018

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 3 stars

Amazing

In amongst all the negative reviews I thought I should give some positive feedback. I visited the doctors for a mental health problem that has been ongoing and this was my third time seeing a doctor after the first two weren’t helpful at all. This time however the doctor was amazing I felt very listened to and despite it being busy I wasn’t rushed to say what I needed to. I felt supported by the doctor and she didn’t invalidate my feelings as many have done before.
One slight issue is that booking an appointment was a nightmare however this is an ongoing issue.
Other than that this particular experience was very positive.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 13 October 2018

Jo gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Online appointment system virtually impossible to get appoin

First of all I would like to emphasise that the care given by the doctor has always been exemplary.
My issue is the face that it is virtually impossible to pre book an appointment or to make an online appointment now the system has changed.Appointments only seem to be availabile for a day or too in advance and the are seemingly limited to session gps only.
Ringing up on the day adds to an already stressful situation especially as by 8 o’clock I am at work nearly an hours drive away.
Please review your appointment system.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 22 October 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 30 October 2018

Dear Patient. Thank you for the comments as to the care provided. We recognise that improvements are being developed as necessary, to improve the patient experience of booking. We are trialling in November some changes to make available more GP appointments which are available for the following day- hoping this reduces the necessity to be ringing at 8am. Longer term we may move to a system where all appointments have a form of triage first . We are working hard on improving this aspect of our service be assured. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 3 stars

Telephone Communication

My issue is the new long drawn out recorded message by the doctor. This is obviously meant to put off as many people as possible to make an appointment. I can understand the frustration of the doctors at the number of people who no doubt waste their valuable time with minor things that perhaps a pharmacist can prescribe an OTC medicine for.

This message effectively blocks the line while you have to listen for which button to press. There must be a better way forward than this. Maybe a large notice in the reception as you walk in.

I am not a consistent whinger on this website - there is in fact a 'Good' review I put on recently, but this new message must add to the frustrations of many people who have to use this health centre.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 27 July 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 27 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this into account with some further changes we will be undertaking as part of reviewing how appointments are offered. We hoped that by the longer message from our GP Partners this would explain more effectively the choices and why reception staff are asked to ask patients questions around their health conditions . Be assured at no point in time was the intent to off put our patients, our intent was to explain the process of the call and the reason why our staff ask questions around the healthcare of a patient. Yours. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 2 stars

Good practice

Good practice operating under increasing pressures. Appointment system is frustrating and inflexible.
Can somebody please tell the reception staff that Nursing practitioners are not nearly Doctors as I was told on 3 separate occasions, this is a misleading statement and clearly is not true. Nursing practitioners do have extra training but should not be described as on a par with Doctors.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 13 August 2018

Dear patient. Thanks for your feedback and whilst of course factually correct as to qualifications , we are very lucky to have 2 highly experienced and highly competent Nurse Practitioners here at Holmes Chapel Health Centre. They see patients independently, prescribe independently, have access to the Duty GP for any questions or concerns they may have and participate in our referral reviews where best practice is shared. Our GP's feel we could make more use of GP skills as all too often a patient consultation would have been better suited with a Nurse Practitioner. I am hoping in the next few weeks to be able to announce some enhanced work involving telephone triage which will ensure that patients who need to see a GP do so, whilst those patients more needing of a Nurse Practitioner appointment get to see the Nurse Practitioner. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful

Quite a few go's here lack the required basic skills in dealing with certain conditions.
Superior attitude delivered by several senior go's
Don't get back to you if you leave a voicemail message
Don't get back to you or communicate when you are awaiting important test results.
Most of the best go's have now left the practice.
Try booking an appointment you need to know when you are next going to be ill......well in advance.
Please NHS supply me with a chrystal ball!!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 22 June 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 09 July 2018

Dear Patient- we will always try to respond to messages left very promptly by ensuring we get the correct message to a GP or other clinician. If I can offer any further assistance please contact me via paul.carroll5@nhs.net so I can follow up on any correspondence. yours. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 2 stars

Frustrating

Trying to get an appointment is always difficult. The phone system doesn't always work so you think you are in a queue waiting for your call to be answered... But you aren't so you just waste your money and your time waiting for nothing. Sometimes there's a message saying there are no appointments left even though the phone lines have only just opened.
Pre bookable appointments for routine reasons are booked up weeks in advance.
If you can get an appointment count yourself lucky. No wonder A&E is full of people who couldn't see their GP.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 10 May 2018

Dear Patient. Your feedback is noted and appreciated. Any telephone feedback is reported back to our supplier who then test our lines and repair any issues that they find. We presently have a mixture of appointments, including Book on the Day, Book in Advance, and every day the Duty Doctor who will undertake an initial telephone call back to the patient to then discuss if the condition needs a face to face appointment that day. I want to maximise the choice to patients and this is being explored presently as ways to review how and when appointments are offered. I would hope you note some improvements in the forthcoming weeks to your choice. The changes will always still include the Duty Doctor role so we can be assured that any patient with a need on the day gets to speak with a GP. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Gp.

The Dr went that "extra mile" as she has done before, this time helping my 16yr old son get a mental health appointment urgently with a Psychiatrist. He is much improved and we are forever in her debt. Thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 June 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 09 July 2018

Dear Patient. Many thanks for your feedback. I am grateful for you taking the time to note your experiences and that we assisted in gaining your son the access to more specialist services. Yours . Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Elaine Coppock gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Booking an appointment

Been trying to book an appointment since Monday, no routine appointments online, tried several times to ring at 8 am and 1 pm but the long message at the start and then having to wait in a queue for over 30 mins and then giving up is not acceptable. Would like to book extended hours if possible but...

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 11 October 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 11 October 2018

Hello. I apologise that for this week our on-line appointments and book on the day have been utilised. We are working through this. In relation to the telephone message from our lead GP Partner, we feel this message is helpful. If you are fully sure of the option you need, you can short cut the message by pressing your option button. As of typing this message on 11/10/2018 we currently have free GP evening appointments on 16th October at Holmes Chapel Health Centre which are pre-bookable. Should you be willing and able to travel we have GP appointments which you can access, delivered on Sat 13th and Sun 14th October in the day at the Health Hub at Waters Green, Macclesfield but pre-booked via our reception please. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.