The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel

01477533100 London Road , Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 7BB

Tony H gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Surgery at crisis point

Totally lost confidence in this surgery. The main problem is they run their own dispensary.
They don't offer an online service for repeat prescriptions and the entire prescription system is a nonsense. Prescriptions are never ready on time after ordering a month in advance. This causes huge problems because the supply runs out too close to the collection date - there is very little flexibility. If you go to collect the prescription on the day it will be ready, we have always been advised of at least a 30 minute wait as it has yet to be dispensed.
NEVER has the prescription been ready to collect. In fact, last time I went, the prescription hadn't even been printed or signed off by a GP.
The morale and mood is very low at the surgery, particularly in the dispensary and you feel like you are not welcome, you are an annoyance and an inconvenience and made to feel like an encumbrance to the staff. They also shut the dispensary at lunchtime which doesn't help.
It looks like profit comes before service and under-staffing seems to be the issue.
Surely if they paid for an extra member of staff or some overtime, then a backlog could be cleared. By subscribing to an online service like every other surgery does, then this would also take some pressure off of them.
When I recently rang the surgery I commented that they had been at crisis point for 3 months.
"No we haven't" she replied - "We've been at crisis point for 12 months"
We are now changing surgeries and having to travel further.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 21 December 2017

Dear Patient. I am sorry that you have made the decision to change your GP Surgery and I have a number of improvement actions currently with our Dispensary which I very much hope will address the issues you mention. Some staff illness and change around in staffing has impacted on our abilities to deliver the service we all aim to deliver, but plans will addressed this. Staff need a period of mentoring and training before fully able to deliver the service , so would wish to see this fully developed in early 2018. Closing 1-2pm is a temporary measure, which allows the present staff to have a break and some other catch up of the behind the scenes clerical work , all of which is necessary. Sometimes issues are beyond staff control such as late deliveries and some medications being out of stock across all pharmacies. I know the last few weeks has been particularly busy with waits, all of which we intend to address. Most patients have understood our current difficulties and it is our aim to address all of these issues. Profit is from the support of the patients using the dispensary and this allows the practice to continue to invest and develop, which I think is a key point to make too. We offer online services through patient access for ordering repeat prescriptions and e-mail requests from the link on our website. We aim to improve our service, but always will work in a safe manner too. If I can assist any more, please make a contact with our reception and if you leave your details I would welcome a meeting with you. Yours Sincerely . Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

VS gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 4 stars

Collaborative, supportive and understanding

After being very nervous about discussing my menopausal symptoms I was immediately put at ease by the Doctor. She enabled us to have a grown up conversation which allowed me to be honest and forthcoming about my concerns.

She was very balanced in her view and listened brilliantly.

The suggested course of action was effective and the follow up session both informative and succinct.

It was a very positive experience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 January 2018

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 05 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We always aim to give a caring service and it is great to see practical examples of how we have done this. I shall make all staff and GP s aware as we review our feedback during staff training sessions. Yours. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Zoe bennett gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Terrible dispensary service!

Medications never ready on time, I've had to wait days after repeat prescription was due, even then items were missing and not even been ordered, month in month out this is happening. Where is the duty of care?? Simply not acceptable as I have mental health problems, and need my meds on time every day just to function. I dread collecting my meds every month as I have to fight to even get them! As this is the only gp surgery in my area, I have no choice to change surgeries.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 21 December 2017

Dear Patient. I apologise that you have encountered such difficulties. I am reviewing our Dispensary working procedures on an urgent basis and hope this gives you some re-assurance that an improvement will be with you early in 2018. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 5 stars

Walk in accident victim assessed and treated extremely well.

My neighbour fell off a ladder, landing across the ladder and onto drive, hitting his head/face, hands/wrists and legs. He had quite a graze on one eyebrow and hid nose was bleeding. As he was taking blood thinning drugs I decided it was better and quicker to take him to the surgery. Reception staff responded promptly and within a minute two doctors and a nurse were with us helping the patient into a treatment room and taking basic obs and stopping the bleeding. He was assessed by one of the doctors and an ambulance was requested to take him for x-ray. All this within 15 minutes.
All the staff were very efficient and caring in the treatment of this patient. I am very pleased that we have this service in our area.
Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 17 October 2017

Thankyou for sharing your feedback. yours Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Too busy, not enough appointments available

terrible for trying to get an appointment, call at 8am in the morning, and you can never get through. by the time you do get through, its 8.10am and all the appointments have gone!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 October 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 13 November 2017

Hello. I am sorry for the delay in getting through to the surgery. We have all office staff on duty answering all the lines at 8am to manage the queues as best we can. If you have internet access I would recommend signing up for patient access. This is because at 8am the screen view on the internet access is the same as our staff have and so this would give you more opportunity for an appointment of your choice at 8am. Yours Sincerely. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 2 stars

Appauling menber of staff Dispensary

It is now the norm to turn up at this Health Centre and not receive the service as a patient you have requested.
Called in today to the dispensary department to collect a repeat description and low and behold certain elements of the prescription had not even been ordered which happens on a regular basis. Asked if I could call back Monday and advised I couldn't as my medication runs out today. Vented my frustration and one of the members of staff who I believe has been there sometime shouted across to their 2 colleagues who in all fairness were trying to rectify the situation (tell him to take his prescription and go elsewhere).Absolute disgraceful way to talk to a patient who invariably pays their wages. I should have taken their name, it will be noted next time. The assistant then asked if I had written in complaining about the service. So basically the assistant wants the patients to act as representatives on their behalf.! The assistant needs to take the situation on board and deal with it. I completely appreciate their is a staff shortage which I empathised with but this member of staff should not be employed at this or any practice if they cant handle the frustration of patients. The other 2 members of staff performed in a professional manner.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 19 May 2017

I am sorry that your experience was a frustrating one and I will discuss with the Dispensary Team. I will review all the issues you raise, should you wish to contact myself, as I will need some more details. Please ask for myself and that you would like to review recent feedback. yours sincerely. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager Tel: 01477 533100.

Anonymous reviewed The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel

Repeat pescriptions

Last week collected my repeat script which I do every month/ Was advised by receptionist in future you would need 7/10 days notice. No where on your web site does it say this???

This is only one of my observations!!!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 29 May 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 01 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback, this is most appreciated and I have reviewed this matter . The key message to be given is that when requiring a repeat medication please place your request slip into the box in the foyer in advance (suggest 7/10 days notice). What then happens is depending upon the number of repeats authorised the dispensing staff may be able to print the prescription, but it may have to go to a GP to be authorised. We are locally trying to get that undertaken by your usual GP, as he/she sees you most often, and so that may take a little longer than before, when we relied heavily on the Duty GP fulfilling this. So I do feel the change is for the better, but will need slightly more time to fulfil and so would ask you give dispensary 3 working days notice before collecting your medications, which is about an extra 4 hours on our previous timescales . I have placed a schedule by the prescriptions in box which will assist for timescales. I apologise for any confusion caused , and I am very grateful for you raising this issue, which has been clarified with staff . Paul Carroll. Practice Manager

Janet Brown gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 5 stars

Appreciation of Holmes Chapel Surgery and staff

The surgery continues to provide a very high level of service despite the ever increasing work load (number of patients and raging population).
We continue to be amazes at the high levels of personal and professional service provided. Although it is sometimes difficult to get appointments the end result has always met the degree of priority appropriate to needs.
In particular we must comment of the patience shown by all members of the surgery even when clearly under pressure of time, costs and patient expectations.
Thanks to all staff

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 30 March 2017

Many thanks for your feedback. Everyday is very busy for all clinical and admin staff who each day give their best to provide safe and effective service and show that we care. Winter pressures only add to this workload and your feedback recognises this . As always I am grateful for feedback. Many thanks Janet for taking time out to do this and I shall mention your posting to all staff in my general updates, which I provide to staff during our training afternoon. Yours. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 5 stars

access to physio

Saw GP on Friday, Physio rang me on Monday to arrange apt - offered for coming Thursday. Fab service. Thank you.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 19 December 2016

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 21 December 2016

Thankyou for your feedback about the turnaround of our services. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager

Peter gave The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel a rating of 1 stars

Appalling service and attitude

Poor service yet again. Unpleasant, brusque, ill-informed receptionists and doctors/nurses. It may be overstretched but the response doesn't need to be poor patient care. If only we could vote with our feet!!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 11 November 2016

The Health Centre - Holmes Chapel replied on 14 November 2016

Dear Patient. I am sorry to read your feedback, which goes against most of the feedback the Health Centre receives from many areas. Reading your context you point that this has happened to you before. I would be most grateful if you would contact the Health Centre on 01477 533100 and leave me a message so that I may contact you. I would like to unpick what has happened here , to better understand what we could have done differently to better make your expectations, and how the situation could improve for yourself . I look forwards to your contact. Paul Carroll, Practice Manager.