Park Lane House Medical Centre

01625422893 Sunderland Street , Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6JL

Steven Kaminski gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Professional and courteous

A fantastic service from start to finish. I called up on the off chance of registering as a new patient. The lady on the phone was polite, courteous and very helpful. She informed me that they had an appointment available for 30 minutes time and I could register when I arrived.

The Dr who saw me was very friendly and engaging. I did not feel at any point like she was rushing me. I would definitely recommend this surgery to friends and family.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 25 July 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with the surgery, it is really encouraging to receive good news.

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

A long time with surgery

I was operated on in Macc hospital for a suspect lump which turned out to be benign. however The wound would not heal and I tried to get help to stem the bleeding and the Nhs hospitals told me to contact the surgery and the surgery refused to give me the necessary help required and all I got for my troubles was a visit from two Community nurses who came to assess my MENTAL HEALTH sent by the GP who couldn,t be bothered to visit or telephone to discuss my bleeding.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 22 July 2018

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 25 July 2018

We are very sorry that your recent experience at the surgery was not satisfactory.
Please do get in touch with us and ask to speak to the Practice Manager about the issue you have raised. It is only by being told about these things that we can look to improve.

Clare gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Some bad points but mostly a fab surgery

I've been at this surgery for approximately four years now and I've never really had an issue. I eventually found a GP I liked and could see regularly and I've never had an issue with them. They take the time to discuss everything and sure, you have to wait to see them as they are thorough but I'm happy to wait for the GP I want.

I do find the reception staff rude. There are two members of reception staff who are polite and talk in hushed tones to aid confidentiality but there are two that I have had to deal with who are loud, obnoxious and fancy themselves as doctors. Last time I was in there was an especially loud member of staff who talked over the announcements so someone missed their slot as they could not hear their name being called out due to the volume of this receptionist. Another one is especially rude and they have not been at the practice the whole time I've been going but I find when I call up and get this particular member of staff on the end of the phone, I end the call as everytime I've rang up previously, they ask why I want to see the GP - even if I'm just making a normal follow up appointment. Very nosey and not at all necessary as no other staff ask this much personal detail!

to sum up - GP's great - reception staff unfortunately lacking.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 13 March 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback about our surgery. We reflect on all the feedback we receive, both positive and negative and will do the same with your comments at our next practice meeting. If you wish to receive a more detailed reply to your comments then please do not hesitate to contact the Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Rude and Unprofesional reception.

Called up for blood results was given them asked if I could make another appointment and was told no by the receptionist as they were normal and nothing else could be done. I wasn't aware they had a medical degree. I am aware they are very rude.
Whilst in the doctors a day earlier the same person was loudly talking about their personal life and complaing the phone was ringing and they couldn't finish their conversation.
As i have said a hundred times the GPs in the surgery are fantastic however the front of house needs to be sorted. Rude and unprofessional is a massive understatement.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 18 April 2017

We are very disappointed to read your comments about our reception staff and we will look into this. As a practice we are very open to hearing what patients feel could be improved in our surgery and appreciate it even more when patients get in contact directly with us to discuss their concerns.

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Not happy

I came in this morning to see the emergency doctor who was quite rude. They obviously thought my complaint not urgent enough and said I should have waited 2 weeks for an appointment. There were no routine appointments until 3rd March anyway. I did not agree and the doctor sent me away with antibiotics. You don't get antibiotics for non urgent complaints. They were rude from the get go and generally upset me for the rest of the day.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 01 March 2017

We are sorry you did not have a good experience on your last visit to the surgery. In order for us to review what happened and improve our service please contact us and ask to speak to the Practice Manager.