Park Lane House Medical Centre

01625422893 Sunderland Street , Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6JL

Steven Kaminski gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Professional and courteous

A fantastic service from start to finish. I called up on the off chance of registering as a new patient. The lady on the phone was polite, courteous and very helpful. She informed me that they had an appointment available for 30 minutes time and I could register when I arrived.

The Dr who saw me was very friendly and engaging. I did not feel at any point like she was rushing me. I would definitely recommend this surgery to friends and family.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Clare gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Some bad points but mostly a fab surgery

I've been at this surgery for approximately four years now and I've never really had an issue. I eventually found a GP I liked and could see regularly and I've never had an issue with them. They take the time to discuss everything and sure, you have to wait to see them as they are thorough but I'm happy to wait for the GP I want.

I do find the reception staff rude. There are two members of reception staff who are polite and talk in hushed tones to aid confidentiality but there are two that I have had to deal with who are loud, obnoxious and fancy themselves as doctors. Last time I was in there was an especially loud member of staff who talked over the announcements so someone missed their slot as they could not hear their name being called out due to the volume of this receptionist. Another one is especially rude and they have not been at the practice the whole time I've been going but I find when I call up and get this particular member of staff on the end of the phone, I end the call as everytime I've rang up previously, they ask why I want to see the GP - even if I'm just making a normal follow up appointment. Very nosey and not at all necessary as no other staff ask this much personal detail!

to sum up - GP's great - reception staff unfortunately lacking.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 13 March 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback about our surgery. We reflect on all the feedback we receive, both positive and negative and will do the same with your comments at our next practice meeting. If you wish to receive a more detailed reply to your comments then please do not hesitate to contact the Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Rude and Unprofesional reception.

Called up for blood results was given them asked if I could make another appointment and was told no by the receptionist as they were normal and nothing else could be done. I wasn't aware they had a medical degree. I am aware they are very rude.
Whilst in the doctors a day earlier the same person was loudly talking about their personal life and complaing the phone was ringing and they couldn't finish their conversation.
As i have said a hundred times the GPs in the surgery are fantastic however the front of house needs to be sorted. Rude and unprofessional is a massive understatement.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 18 April 2017

We are very disappointed to read your comments about our reception staff and we will look into this. As a practice we are very open to hearing what patients feel could be improved in our surgery and appreciate it even more when patients get in contact directly with us to discuss their concerns.

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Not happy

I came in this morning to see the emergency doctor who was quite rude. They obviously thought my complaint not urgent enough and said I should have waited 2 weeks for an appointment. There were no routine appointments until 3rd March anyway. I did not agree and the doctor sent me away with antibiotics. You don't get antibiotics for non urgent complaints. They were rude from the get go and generally upset me for the rest of the day.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Park Lane House Medical Centre replied on 01 March 2017

We are sorry you did not have a good experience on your last visit to the surgery. In order for us to review what happened and improve our service please contact us and ask to speak to the Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst Practice ever

Got told by 111 to make an emergency, appointment for a tetnus jab, I got told I have a 48 hour window. Called them up and they are not sure when they can book me in for*. I have come from a different surgery previously and they were no near as bad as this place*, the staff are rude and obnoxious and have no level of care for their patients. The receptionists hand out diagnosises and theres never any familiarity with doctors; its a different one every time. They don't look enough into issues. They fob you off all the time. Sufficient to say, I will be leaving this surgery. I recommend everyone else does the same too.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Rude and aggressive reception staff

Went to make an emergency appointment in person as couldn't get through on phone. Reception staff member very shouty and in your face, leaning in and shouting. Didn't like to be asked questions. Very unpleasant experience.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 12 September 2016

Anonymous gave Park Lane House Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disappointing - appointment availability/ unhelpful staff

A 3 week wait for an appointment with a particular doctor. Over a week wait for a regular appointment. Reception staff unwilling to help try to slot you in sooner, without discussing what your appointment is regarding. Apparently this is surgery policy, which I think is ludicrous - why should people be expected to discuss their medical matters with reception staff!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016