High Street Surgery

01625423692 Waters Green Medical Centre , Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6JL

Taking good care of me

It's a common complaint these days that you can't get an appointment for weeks - with this surgery it's never been a problem for me. Also recently I've started using the online booking system, and it's obvious that they are getting it right on the scheduling front - I usually get a booking within 24 hrs, and have even had one the same day for non-emergency needs.

I've found the reception staff always calm, professional and kind, and never had a healthcare professional I felt unhappy with. I've always felt listened to, and that my problem was addressed fully. This happens even at times (e.g. over the recent Christmas holiday period) when the practice is very busy and under pressure.

I've been a patient here for about 30 years and always been fairly happy, but given the drastic changes to the systems over that time, they have evolved to keep very high standards, and even with the gradual retirement of my old 'favourites', I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 03 January 2018

Susan gave High Street Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very good all round surgery

Been with this surgery for 18 years. No complaints at all. Nothing seems to much trouble. Kind and friendly.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 10 January 2018

Anonymous gave High Street Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Worrying

I think from experiences from myself and friends and family there always seems to be the same theme, no diagnosis. So it would seem you can get an appointment pretty much very easily because no one wants to go!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

High Street Surgery replied on 03 October 2017

We have taken great steps to make sure that patients are seen as quickly as possible. The surgeries each day are full so many people do want to attend.

Customer Service

Appointment system works well, usually able to get appointment within 24hours
Receptionists are friendly, polite and welcoming
Doctors have time to listen
Do not issue drugs unnecessarily, samples usually sent to lab prior to prescribing antibiotics
Talk you through treatment options
Nurses and health care assistants offer professional services

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

High Street Surgery replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. We aim to create a friendly and warming welcome for all our patients and the GP's and Nurses work hard to give patient's an answer and an explanation to their problems where possible.

Anonymous gave High Street Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Would not recommend

Even though you can get through on the phone usually first time and can get an appointment quite quickly sometimes that day or during the same week. I have not had any conclusive or helpful advice at all. The nurse is brilliant but apart from that I have been sent away with the wrong treatment for problems, no treatment at all, told I am fat (I am not) and have been sent a letter telling me to have anitbiotics but not told what for.
I have felt sometimes humiliated and nearly always frustrated going to this doctors.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

High Street Surgery replied on 03 October 2017

Please contact the surgery as we would like to talk to you regarding these issues. We do not want any patient to fell this way.

Courtesy

I visited this surgery one morning very early as I needed an appointment. I was offered several for the same day and was actually seen within one hour. I was treated with courtesy all the time. Very pleasant experience

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Mrs A Kelly gave High Street Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The good doctors are excellent, the poor one sours them all

Having seen one articular doctor both for myself and my young daughter, everytime I have found their manner to be rude, abrupt and insulting. I saw them today, to seek help with an ongoing pain issue, which I am starting to struggle with; only to be belittled with the patronising and condescending tone that they took with me. I tried to make a joke about my condition saying I think my neck and shoulder pain could be caused by rubbish pillows. Their words in reponse were, the pain is down to your rubbish posture. They also physically demonstrated a posture change on me but I felt man-handled and vocoally expressed the extreme pain that they caused me. Given the state of the NHS and the demand on A&E services, it's little wonder people would rather attend hospital than visit a GP with such an appaling manner. I am therefore going to change the practice that I use.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

C A Harrison gave High Street Surgery a rating of 5 stars

An excellent surgery

This is a wonderful surgery. I and all members of my immediate family have had excellent care from a variety of doctors here. These have have included minor ailments to more serious conditions such as cancer, Altzheimers, deep vein thrombosis and all I can report is that all the staff, including the receptionists have been wonderful. They have considerable demands made on them and work under constant pressure but seem to be able to recognise serious conditions and react accordingly. I unreservedly recommend them and am very thankful to be under their care.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Anonymous gave High Street Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Ok when you can get through

Have been using High Street for 2 years. The doctors are overall pretty good in my opinion. Main problem recently is just getting through on the phone. It usually takes several attempts - this morning I have tried 10 times (leaving gaps in between trying) and not been able to get through - 8 times it's been engaged and the other 2 times it just rings for 2 - 3 mins then hangs up. They really need to sort this out or I'll be looking for a new GP.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 18 January 2017

High Street Surgery replied on 19 January 2017

Unfortunately our telephone system is for all 6 practices and if all the lines into the surgery building are busy the telephone still rings and the call goes into a queue. It only rings engaged when all the lines into the buiding are busy. Unfortunatley this morning there was a national IT breakdown and as our telephone system is linked to the computer system this caused major problems. Unfortunatley all the surgeries in Macclesfield are in the same building and have the same problems as we do. The telephone suppliers say there is nothing that can be done to change this. The Practice Manager would be more than happy to discuss this with you if you care to telephone the surgery

Anonymous gave High Street Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Minor Surgery - Abysmal Administration - Great Surgery

The great surgery I experienced is let down by poor administration. After 3 months I called to get an update on the appointment and was told I was in a queue... it would be a while. I called again 3 months later to be told.. oh, we only just got your details... but the story changed when I explained I had called 3 months earlier... that removed that excuse and strangely I had an appointment given to me over the phone...So...don't wait, make sure you call them or you will be kept waiting. The surgery was good, and I was told the biopsy results would be back in 2 weeks.... after 2 weeks I called them and was told they had the results.... I should get a letter in the next week or so..... 2 weeks later I called again...to be told, "the results have just arrived"... Again I dispelled that excuse and was told the doctor was on holiday that week, but they would chase them up and I should get the results the following week, well, it is the end of the week and I still don't have my results....It is really sad that with all the money spent in the NHS on admin staff and technology, we get this poor administration letting down an otherwise technically good experience

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 25 August 2016