Manchester Road Medical Centre

01565633101 27-31 Manchester Road , Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0LY

5 Star Surgery

I have been a patient at Manchester Road since I was a child and I have never had a bad experience. The staff from reception to doctors have always been friendly and kind to me and my appointment today was no different. Getting an appointment and the treatment/ prescriptions I need has never been an issue.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

Anonymous gave Manchester Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

First visit on my own as an adult

Upon my arrival it was easy to check in using the electronic device on the wall, but at the same time the receptionist was very friendly and was willing to give me any help that I needed.The reception area was bright and clean.The waiting room was full, but I still found a place to sit. My doctor was punctual but did not make me feel rushed during my appointment. My doctor greeted me warmly, was very knowledgeable, reassuring and spoke to me with respect. Overall I was more than satisfied.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Robin Townsend gave Manchester Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A very good surgery and highly recommended

I have been impressed in the main about using this surgery, however, when I moved out of area they couldn't wait to see the back of me!

I had an unpleasant experience with one such doctor who was rude and obnoxious, but fear not those who do fall within the catchment area, as this is a very good surgery. I guess everyone has a bad day, but having had a prior telephone conversation with the same doctor prior to the face to face meeting some time after, I think it is clear that his tolerance towards patients ran out a long time ago. I raised this with practice manager and all was smoothed over, but wanted to share my experience of using this practice.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

Anonymous gave Manchester Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude unhelpful reception staff

Unbelievably rude reception staff affect whole experience. Impossible to get an appointment at convenient time and when trying to book ahead for routine appointment they limit you to 2 weeks ahead. So many unwritten rules for accessing your GP!! Electronic booking in system didn’t notify I had arrived so even when you can get through their archane system to access a service you have paid handsomely in taxes for - their own system fails. Rude rude rude

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Excellent GP practice

Really great GP practice. Excellent patient care and thorough diagnosis. Spotted something I had not even gone in for. Very impressed.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Anonymous gave Manchester Road Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Rude, unhelpful receptionist

One of the reception staff is very rude. She is not friendly nor helpful. I often have a problem with the repeated prescription for my children. Despite the fact that it should be processed within 48h, it rarely happens. Sometimes I go to the pharmacy 2-3 weeks after I’ve submitted my online request, only to find out nothing has been sent through. When I call the reception to report this issue, I get an attitude and no apology.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 02 February 2018

Lovely staff

Had visit today for annual health MOT! Was seen by a staff member who totally put me at ease and our review was very useful and reassuring. I am always anxious when visiting my Practice but this lady was excellent. Thank you.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 31 January 2018

Anonymous gave Manchester Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful and rude receptionists set up the experience

The title says everything there is to say about the practise. Some reflection is advices.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 18 December 2017

Manchester Road Medical Centre replied on 20 December 2017

I am very sorry you feel your experience at the practice has been disappointing. Please contact the Practice Manager who would like to discuss your experience further.
Many thanks

Friendly and welcoming

All the staff here are very friendly and you are consistently made to feel valued and welcome. The GPs always make time for you and listen, even if they are are running behind. The receptionists are warm and polite, you never feel you need to "defend" your need for an appointment. Online appointment booking is handy for those who work full time. They offer early and late night appointments.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Manchester Road Medical Centre replied on 17 October 2017

Many thanks for your comment on NHS Choices. We work very hard to provide the highest standard of care to all our patients and it is very much appreciated when patients find the time to leave positive comments. We will ensure all the staff are aware of your feedback.

tony chell gave Manchester Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

a nhs practice to be proud of

Always receive an excellent service here. In comparison to some of our other friends who live elsewhere in other counties we receive a 5 star service from this practice. If you need to see a doctor you do and with the telephone service you are usually spoken to within the hour. Cannot fault it.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Manchester Road Medical Centre replied on 01 March 2017

Many thanks for your comment on NHS Choices. It is always good for the team to have such positive feedback when we work under such pressure on a day to day basis. We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of care at all times for all our patients.