East Quay Medical Centre

01278444666 East Quay , Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4GP

Nannyp1p gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My experience at East Quay medical centre

I have had to visit this surgery many times lately because of an ongoing problem that I have been having. Every time I have rang they have always made sure I have seen someone that can help me, My own doctor usually or if not another doctor or sometimes just reassurance from a nurse. They are always there at the end of the phone and I have always been seen on the day I rang. I don't think you can ask for any more from a surgery. I have every confidence in East Quay and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 21 December 2018

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 21 January 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

It was the best start to a Monday, and really boosted the team on what is often the busiest day of the year.

So, thank you. I am pleased we have been able to help.

Best Wishes

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Flu jab

Why when i phone the receptionist at east key does she need to ask the practice nurse/manager if my partner can have the flu jab before she is able to book appointment?.we have been told by Musgrove that myself, partner and daughter have to have flu jab as my daughter has leukaemia and also my partner has asthma,so he fits all the criteria on the poster that is scattered everywhere reminding people about there flu jabs.just so annoying that even with the criteria me, you have to ask permission seems pointless the me.I suppose another cost saving exercise!!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that it seems we have been obstructive. The NHS restricts the eligibility for flu vaccines and due to the shortages this year for the vaccine it is really important that we prioritise people who are at risk and thus eligible.

We have a system for reception to check eligibility but the rules are quite complex, so if the check they run states the patient is not eligible, Reception with check with me, the Practice Manager, rather than refuse. I can then check the individual against every criteria and then we can book if appropriate. This ensures that no one is refused who should have the vaccine.

I am sorry that this seems cumbersome, for the vast majority of patients it works well, but for a few where the first check isn’t clear, there is this additional step. It is important however to ensure those who need the vaccine get it, and that the precious and limited vaccines are given to those in need.

I hope that this helps explains the reasons behind what you felt was a cumbersome process.

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Wouldn't want to go anywhere else

I have been a patient at this practice for a long time and I would not want to go anywhere else.
The staff are all respectful and professional they make you feel extremely well cared for and supported. Always approachable and friendly I have always felt included and consulted on any decisions about my health given the options available and what they consider would be the best one for me.
They will always endeavour to get you an appointment with your own GP unless it's an emergency when it will be whoever is available at the time.They also have online repeat prescription ordering which is a huge bonus as it can be done at anytime.

I have no hesitation in recommending this practice

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 30 April 2018

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2018

Thank you for such a positive review.

We really appreciate it.

Ro gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Simply the Best

I have been a patient for 50 years and can truthfully state that I have received exceptional service and always feel my health is important to the practice.

I am aware how busy the doctors are, as they don’t just have to see patients but are inundated with emails, letters and test results. They are also covering longer opening hours.

I have always been treated with respect by helpful receptionists, friendly nurses and professional GPs and have never encountered any problems.

When I read some of the low scoring reviews on this page, it feels as if they are reviewing someone else! I honestly am extremely impressed with everything at East Quay.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2018

Thank you so much for this review. It is a pleasure when the efforts and behind-the-scenes work is recognised.

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Useless

This surgery is getting worse, can't get any appointments with anyone they just fob you off and say you will have to ring tomorrow and then when you do, they have none available! One word......Useless!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 15 November 2017

I am very sorry that you have had a bad experience with our service, so much so that you describe us as useless.

The NHS is struggling a lot currently as winter pressures hit and this does mean we all have longer waiting times. We find this as disagreeable as you as we want to provide good access to all our patients all the time.

We do ensure that we offer routine appointments as soon as possible, and we ensure we see all medically urgent patients on the day. If you would like to contact me directly, I am sure I can help get you a convenient appointment as soon as possible according to your medical need.

Email rachel.stark1@nhs.net

The Worker gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Lack of Transparency for appointment

Today I tried once again to see a practise Doctor, for a ongoing injury, which needs surgery.
I was told that the earliest appointment is the 28 th Sept.......all I need is the referral to the clinic at Musgroove that looks into these conditions........ and yet the web site quotes,"We offer GP appointments from 6.30pm Mondays to Thursdays" and I have to wait for over three weeks for an appointment.......

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 08 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry that you were unable to book a routine appointment before 28 September. As demand has increased to an unprecedented level, waiting times at the practice, as in all practices, has increased significantly. We work hard to maximise the appointments available but the waiting times are much longer than we would like too. This includes the evening/Saturday appointments that you mention in your comment. At this time of year annual leave can also make waiting times longer for specific GPs too.

If you would like to contact me directly I can check whether we can offer you a sooner appointment.

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

in very safe hands

Myself and my family have been with the practice I think around 8 years now? And we can't fault the Service we are given .
Receptionists are helpful and supportive
Drs are very good. As a sufferer of anxiety I can find going to the doctors a stressful ordeal and become very anxious at times since going the practice my anxiety has significantly reduced with the help of the doctors being so approachable and understanding,
They are great around working family's and fitting you in ! The nurses are lovely ,
As a family we feel in very safe hands.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 06 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this feedback. We do try hard to do the best we can and to read that we have achieved this, is really heartening.

Polly gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very sympathetic and understanding doctors.

I have always managed to get a same day appointment if it is urgent. If I don't actually need to see a doctor but need some advice on a medical problem, I can arrange for a same day telephone appointment. I have done this a few times and found the doctors are always very helpful and charming on the phone.

The surgery caters for people unable to attend during working hours by offering later in the day appointments. The receptionists are helpful and obliging.

I left my other surgery about four years ago as I could never get an appointment and some of the doctors were quite dismissive about a health problem I have.

I am extremely happy with this surgery and my doctor there.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to give this thoughtful and considered feedback. It is a delight to ready on a Friday afternoon and really boosts the team.

I am pleased that you have had such positive experience here as this is what we hope we do achieve.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please do get in contact at any time.

Sally gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

useless receptionist!

Takes over an hour to ring prescription line, never any appointments when you need them.
Prescriptions not taken next door when you are assured they will be as medication needs ordering in!!!! Noneed of my needed medication for 5 days!
Useless and down right rude receptionist who treats you like something on the bottom of their shoe.
Do not register you will be disappointed.
Safe to say I am changing doctors.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 11 March 2017

I am so sorry to read how unhappy you are with our service.

There are a number of issues that you raise and it would be really helpful if you emailed me directly at Rachel.stark@eastquaymc.nhs.uk or call in and ask to speak to me. Than I can understand the problems you have had and try to resolve these.

Philip Hook gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My Opinion

I have been a patient of this GP practice all my life, i am now 66 years of age, in my opinion this is a very genuine & caring practice, i understand there are times we all get a little hot under the collar & frustrated at not getting through on the phone or being able to see our chosen GP when we want to but unfortunately its very much the same wherever you go. I personally am very grateful for the attention i have received over the years and more so now that i am getting older and require their services more often. I would definitely recommend.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate your kind words and your understanding of the challenges we face too.

Practice Manager.