East Quay Medical Centre

01278444666 East Quay , Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4GP

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Useless

This surgery is getting worse, can't get any appointments with anyone they just fob you off and say you will have to ring tomorrow and then when you do, they have none available! One word......Useless!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 15 November 2017

I am very sorry that you have had a bad experience with our service, so much so that you describe us as useless.

The NHS is struggling a lot currently as winter pressures hit and this does mean we all have longer waiting times. We find this as disagreeable as you as we want to provide good access to all our patients all the time.

We do ensure that we offer routine appointments as soon as possible, and we ensure we see all medically urgent patients on the day. If you would like to contact me directly, I am sure I can help get you a convenient appointment as soon as possible according to your medical need.

Email rachel.stark1@nhs.net

The Worker gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Lack of Transparency for appointment

Today I tried once again to see a practise Doctor, for a ongoing injury, which needs surgery.
I was told that the earliest appointment is the 28 th Sept.......all I need is the referral to the clinic at Musgroove that looks into these conditions........ and yet the web site quotes,"We offer GP appointments from 6.30pm Mondays to Thursdays" and I have to wait for over three weeks for an appointment.......

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 08 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry that you were unable to book a routine appointment before 28 September. As demand has increased to an unprecedented level, waiting times at the practice, as in all practices, has increased significantly. We work hard to maximise the appointments available but the waiting times are much longer than we would like too. This includes the evening/Saturday appointments that you mention in your comment. At this time of year annual leave can also make waiting times longer for specific GPs too.

If you would like to contact me directly I can check whether we can offer you a sooner appointment.

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

in very safe hands

Myself and my family have been with the practice I think around 8 years now? And we can't fault the Service we are given .
Receptionists are helpful and supportive
Drs are very good. As a sufferer of anxiety I can find going to the doctors a stressful ordeal and become very anxious at times since going the practice my anxiety has significantly reduced with the help of the doctors being so approachable and understanding,
They are great around working family's and fitting you in ! The nurses are lovely ,
As a family we feel in very safe hands.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 06 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this feedback. We do try hard to do the best we can and to read that we have achieved this, is really heartening.

Polly gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very sympathetic and understanding doctors.

I have always managed to get a same day appointment if it is urgent. If I don't actually need to see a doctor but need some advice on a medical problem, I can arrange for a same day telephone appointment. I have done this a few times and found the doctors are always very helpful and charming on the phone.

The surgery caters for people unable to attend during working hours by offering later in the day appointments. The receptionists are helpful and obliging.

I left my other surgery about four years ago as I could never get an appointment and some of the doctors were quite dismissive about a health problem I have.

I am extremely happy with this surgery and my doctor there.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to give this thoughtful and considered feedback. It is a delight to ready on a Friday afternoon and really boosts the team.

I am pleased that you have had such positive experience here as this is what we hope we do achieve.

If I can ever be of any assistance, please do get in contact at any time.

Philip Hook gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My Opinion

I have been a patient of this GP practice all my life, i am now 66 years of age, in my opinion this is a very genuine & caring practice, i understand there are times we all get a little hot under the collar & frustrated at not getting through on the phone or being able to see our chosen GP when we want to but unfortunately its very much the same wherever you go. I personally am very grateful for the attention i have received over the years and more so now that i am getting older and require their services more often. I would definitely recommend.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate your kind words and your understanding of the challenges we face too.

Practice Manager.

Sally gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

useless receptionist!

Takes over an hour to ring prescription line, never any appointments when you need them.
Prescriptions not taken next door when you are assured they will be as medication needs ordering in!!!! Noneed of my needed medication for 5 days!
Useless and down right rude receptionist who treats you like something on the bottom of their shoe.
Do not register you will be disappointed.
Safe to say I am changing doctors.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 11 March 2017

I am so sorry to read how unhappy you are with our service.

There are a number of issues that you raise and it would be really helpful if you emailed me directly at Rachel.stark@eastquaymc.nhs.uk or call in and ask to speak to me. Than I can understand the problems you have had and try to resolve these.

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

unacceptable appointment dates

Today, the 20 March, I rang to get an appointment with my GP. I was offered the 25 th of April as the earliest date. This is unacceptable for someone who has had 2 heart attacks, 12 visits to Musgrove, culminating in 8 stents and 1 bypass operation at the BRI. For continuity of monitoring my situation, it's imperative that my doctor is aware of any changing issues. I was given the opportunity of having an appointment with another practice doctor, but declined, for reasons afore mentioned. I have been with the practice for 27 years and in all this time, it's the first time I have felt let down

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 21 March 2017

Thank you for commenting.

I am very sorry to read this. Occasionally individual GP appointment waits are longer than we would like due to annual leave or other unavoidable commitments. As you say, we offer appointments with other GPs sooner but we do agree with you that continuity, especially for patients like yourself, is invaluable.

If you can contact me directly, I will be able to help you more. Please e-mail me at rachel.stark@eastquaymc.nhs.uk or call me at the surgery.

many thanks

Ross gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great service today

Although really difficult to get through on the phone, and most times i have to see a different doctor than my own, East Quay give me a good service. Specifically today, i went in to see the MSK practitioner about some problems I had been having with my elbow. The practitioner did some tests on me and explained everything in a way that was easily understood. They also gave me advice on what to do to help and protect the affected area. The help was friendly, informative and to the point. I was glad i made an appointment as it put my mind at rest and helped me know how to look after the injury. Excellent service!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 11 March 2017

Many thanks for leaving this feedback. We do work hard to provide the best possible service and I am pleased you are satisfied.

The MSK pilot is working really well and they are a great addition to the team.

Anonymous gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

I have been a patient here for quite a few years. My doctor is always happy to see/speak to me. I feel like my concerns are always well listened to and respected. The only downside is the minority of receptionists. The majority are fine but a couple definitely need some training in patient care & understanding. They can leave you feeling quite vulnerable. All in all though I can't recommend the doctors & nurses enough.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 06 December 2016

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you are happy with your GP and with the reception team in general. I am sorry that you appear to have had difficulties with some of our receptionists. If you contact me directly we can discuss this and I may be able to help more. It is important that we can support any team member who needs more help to be able to meet our patients needs.

All of our receptionists try very hard to help all patients and this isn't always easy given the high need and demand that the NHS faces every day. Reception have to ensure that all those who call - and we have nearly 15000 patients - get the help that they need. Given that we have limited resources, unfortunately it may appear that they are not offering what you want when actually they are doing their very best and working to protocols that the GPs and I set to ensure we provide a safe and fair service for all.

Please do contact me directly so that we can discuss the events that have led you to feel unhappy.

Ross gave East Quay Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Very good when you get an appointment

I've been with the practice since childhood. I rarely get to see my own doctor, but I do understand there is a nationwide shortage of GPs. However, even though most times I see a different doctor each time, they are all helpful, explain things, and I feel give a good standard of care and efficiently. In recent years I have found a greater need to see a doctor and this had been problematic as it is very difficult indeed to get through on the phone. Last time I rang 12-13 times in one day and only got through just before five, but I had tried all times of the day. I fully appreciate the difficulties, it's a shame so many appointments are wasted from people not turning up. I would hope in the future a more automated service might be available for appointments. Maybe a appointment request service using texts on your mobile, or using the practice website, where you could enter your need and have time slots offered and you could confirm one via text you'd like to go for? It's frustrating booking appointments, but quite honestly I'm not sure I'd find better service elsewhere, and I have no complaints about the doctors.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 November 2016

East Quay Medical Centre replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really pleased that despite the challenges of getting appointments you are happy with the service. May I suggest calling after 11 on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday for routine appointments as these tend to be quieter times on the phone.

We do offer a limited number of online appointments for our nurse run minor illness/urgent nurse clinic. Expanding this is difficult due to the complexity of the appointment system. Whilst the idea of a text or website service you suggest looks appealing it can be difficult when it comes to operating this. We arrange 2000 appointments a week and the logistics of 'holding' appointments whilst someone confirms which they want would be difficult given the number of other patients needing appointments.

We do work hard to maximise our availability - both on the phones and for appointments. It is really supportive that you recognise the underlying reasons as to why this is challenging. We will continue to do our best given the resources available.

Many thanks for your feedback again.