Lion Health

01384322222 2 Lowndes Road , Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 3SS

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

When i finally got through to reception all appointments for morning had gone and also sit and wait .i was told to call back at 12 for afternoon appointments which I did and again no appointments left after being on phone for 15 mins . I told receptionist I needed to.see Dr I was then questioned to what was the reason.i needed to see a Dr by a receptionist. I don't feel.i need to.tell.any receptionist my reason .

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 18 November 2017

Lion Health has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

COPD Clinic

Excellent and thorough investigation into my condition by both the nurse and doctor. And excellent advice given.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Lion Health replied on 23 October 2017

What a nice message to receive. Thank you. Will pass on to those involved in our COPD clinic.

Nick.

Sue Wainwright gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

My visit to the surgery today 16 October with Dr

I just wanted to say how absolutely wonderful my experience was today (save for the wait to see a doctor).
I was treated with the utmost respect and kindness (even after complaining about the wait for which i am sorry) and examined thoroughly and listened to. I honestly feel extremely relieved and privileged to have such a caring GP who is obviously stretched to the limit.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Lion Health replied on 25 October 2017

Thanks for the feedback, it's always great to hear that someone has had a positive experience. The anonymity of feedback is totally your prerogative, but should you at any point wish to advise us which GP you saw or provide any other information, I'd be happy to pass your feedback on. Thanks again.

No appointments, gave up

Well most reviews refer to a specific visit but in this case I have decided not to even go to the surgery because I can't get an appointment online for 3 weeks. Instead I am buying the medicine I need privately. I presume this is music to the ears of the CCG in their efforts to cut costs, but really is it wise to make it so difficult to see a GP? How many other people are like me? Faced with a choice of either waiting in the queue on the phone only to be told there are no appointments, or trying online and told there are no appointments for weeks, we just give up.

Yet the CCG are implementing their MCP strategy which supposedly puts the GP at the centre of parent care. How is that going to work at Lion Health? You can get an appointment see anyone, never mind consistently seeing the same GP.

NHS Choices says this practice is accepting new patients. Why? There aren't enough appointmentt slots for their existing patients.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 27 October 2017

Lion Health replied on 30 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback. I think this comment would benefit from further discussion, and to that end I wonder if you would be able to contact my colleague on 01384 322249 to discuss., and help resolve your issues.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 1 stars

No access. Phones engaged or cut off

No access to the surgery. Phone lines either engaged or cut you off.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 19 September 2017

Hi,

I'm sorry you've had a difficult experience with the phone-lines. If you could give me the time you had the issue we can investigate it further. It's not our intention to cause frustration, and we do continue to try to improve our systems.

Additionally, if you can pass on your details, I can set you up for online access to appointments, which isn't the answer to everything, but can make booking appointments less stressful; particularly at busy times. I certainly find it useful.

Regards,

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 3 stars

Telephone service

The reason for searching online today, is not to fault any of the Doctors, because when you can get to see one, they are very good. My Doctor who I always like to see, rarely unless I wait for weeks, is absolutely excellent! It is the telephone service which is terrible, it is far easier to take the time to drive down in person to make an appointment. By the time you do get through, all appointments are gone? Maybe if you had a separate line for people to call and cancel an appointment, instead of people, like myself have had to wait 9th in the queue to cancel. No wonder people, 1 get fed up holding on line in queues, 2 the cost of the call holding on in a queue. I am sure the cancelled appointments would drop by half, if it was easy to actually cancel.
Surely in this day and age, and technology as it is, a cancellation line is not impossible.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 20 September 2017

Hi,

I'm glad you find our GPs (particularly your favourite...whoever they may be!) excellent. But apologies you find our phone-lines problematic.

We do continue to make changes to our phone access system, some which you would see as a patient, and some which are behind the scenes. It's difficult to get it right, and we know we haven't got it right yet, but we continue to work on it.

As a web-user, you may also like to be set-up for Patient Access, and book appointments/request repeat prescriptions on-line. Simply contact us to request it.

Regards,

Chris gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Really surprised by all these negative reviews - a fast and

I was at Worcester Street before this - you were lucky to get an appointment within a week, and usually had to wait 30 minutes even then.
I can now ring for an appointment at 8 am or 12 am, wait 15 minutes to get to the top of the phone queue, and get an appointment in 1-4 hours. You arrive and are seen within 10 minutes. The centre is clean and welcoming.

My friends and family are amazed - they have to wait far longer to see a doctor.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 04 September 2017

Thanks for the positive feedback. I know things aren't perfect, and we are continuing to improve our systems, but this kind of feedback is very much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Lion Health a rating of 2 stars

Reception staff are the main issue

I have been with Worcester Street/Lion Health since about 2012 and I have never encountered such a terrible practice. You are rushed through your appointment, your symptoms are googled in front of you and the reception staff are definitely the main problem and always have been. They literally do nothing to help you. It feels like they go out of their way to belittle you and patronise you.
They shout the reason for your appointment across the desk, they advise nothing on how to get a repeat prescription (as i have never done this before) and considered they have no problem asking you what the medication is you need... although in my case an anti- depressant... telling them you have ran out screams out no alarm bells at all!
I have been calling the surgery all week trying to get an appointment to get more tables and each time havent been able to therefore today just requested over the phone which they cant do (makes a difference from 2 months ago!!!!) so I have to go 7 days without a serious medication because lion health are so boldly chosing not to help. I also asked if a Doctor could return my call today and I was laughed at and told it would be Monday.

Thanks to all the staff at lion health... I will continue until Tuesday with severe anxiety! Apparently no duty of care or humanity within the NHS anymore

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 15 September 2017

Hi,

Apologies that you have had this difficult experience. It's hard for me to follow this up or take action as this is anonymous - but feel free to contact us to discuss your issue in more detail.

I do take issue with the idea that all of our reception staff display the attitude you have described, but without further information I can't follow this up with any particular individuals with whom you had a bad experience. You can be assured that I would take such behaviour seriously.

Additionally, we haven't taken prescription requests over the telephone for many many years. But you may request online access to do this from home, without having to wait in the phone queue. Again, I would need your details to set this up for you.

Take care,

No support

Following a heart by pass I was having trouble sleeping and asked to go on beta blockers. Six months later I asked to stop them and was refused by Lion Heath, this was nearly a month ago, I asked my cardiologist's advise, he booked me an appointment and took me off the medicine as it was no longer needed. (That's what a heart bypass does by the way) Since then all my other repeat prescriptions have gone unanswered. I have just given up on my third attempt to call them as 9 people were in front of me in the queue.
There isn't much point in having a GP if you are forced to seek advise elsewhere off your own back.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 18 September 2017

Hi and thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you have struggled to get through on the telephone and have issues with repeat prescription requests. Unfortunately as your comment is anonymous it is difficult to follow this up.
I am concerned that this situation does need to be resolved - perhaps you would give me a call on my direct line telephone number 01384 322249, so that we can discuss your situation directly. Thank you LH Mgt Team.

Edwin gave Lion Health a rating of 5 stars

Unrealistic expectations

Lion Health meets all my expectations - some reviewers seem to have unrealistic ones imho.
Here's what I like about Lion Health:
1) Lovely building + friendly staff.
2) Appointments within a few hours - either morning or afternoon. The longest I've had to wait on the phone is 15 minutes.
3) Lots of parking.
4) All the doctors myself or my family have seen here are polite and professional. At my previous surgery there were 2 doctors, and one of them was very rude.

We were discussing doctors at the last family party, and the rest could not believe what a good deal we are getting when they have to wait for ages for an appointment.

I certainly don't recognise the surgery we attend from most of these reviews.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Lion Health replied on 04 September 2017

Thanks for this feedback, it's appreciated. I'm glad we provide you with the service the people of Stourbridge deserve.