02074763434 1-9 Glen Road, Plaistow , London, Greater London, E13 8RU

Abeer gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Visit today with nurse

I attended today my mental health review with a nurse.
The nurse was very attentive and made feel very comfortable and relaxed despite my anxiety attending the appointment.
I was given a thorough examination and advice.
My experience was very pleasant and i would like to thank them.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Cassie gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Worst Surgery Around

It is impossible to get through and even if you managed to get through, you then have to wait around for a “telephone triage” call before you’re told what time the doctor will see you. This surgery does not cater to the employed. If you want an appoinment, you have to take an entire day off. You can only call to get an appointment from 8:30-11 and 2-something to book appointments. But the surgery opens at 8, not too sure why considering they won’t let you book an appointment at that time. And the receptionists are always the most insincere, they do not care if you’re sick and need an appointment. I’m not kidding when I say that it’s easier and faster to just walk into A&E to be seen then to try and get an appointment at this surgery. Avoid at all costs!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 26 October 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking to share your experience with our service.

If you are working we have facility for you to book an online appointment or online telephone triage (morning and evening) without any problem and if you are not aware of it, please come to surgery and we could explain how to access.

Regards

Cassie gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely Useless

For months I have been trying to make myself a doctors appointment and I’m never able to get through. This is the worst surgery in the entire world. The receptionists are always rude and unsympathetic. You can only make appointments from 8:30-11 in the morning and 2-something. And if you’re ever lucky enough to get through, they tell you you’ll be called back to do telephone triage. So you’re left waiting around your phone for however long it takes for them to call you back. Then you’re told what time to come in for an appointment on that same day. You have absolutely no say in when you can get an appointment. You cannot book an appointment that suits your schedule, this surgery is only beneficial for the unemployed who have an entire day to spend making phone calls and waiting for an appointment. I paid a hefty chunk of money to the NHS before I even came to the country as part of my visa application, I then pay further to the NHS with each months’ pay and yet I cannot get an appointment to see my GP. Absolutely despicable treatment of patients.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 28 October 2017

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very poor service

I visited this surgery on the out of hours clinic for lower pelvic pain. I entered the doctors room and the first thing the doctor told me was I had 7 minutes to discuss my symptoms and 3 for them to write my notes. On describing my symptoms I was told the cause of my pain was in their words 'nature' then when I questioned what the actual cause was the doctor said 'I'm not God'. As a woman I expect my symptoms to be taken seriously and not simply dismissed. The service was appalling and totally unreassuring.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 11 September 2017

Dear Patient

Your complaint should go to out of hours GP - Co-Op rather than coming to Glen Road Medical Centre. Out of Hours is using our premises.

Mrs BM Ahmed reviewed Glen Road Medical Centre

Impossible to get an appointment.

The practice has a complex way of registering patients and getting an appointment a routine appointment with the regular GP is mission itself. Wasted a whole morning to come and have a new patient screen which literally took 5 mins. I could have told them my height weight and BMI and most of the information was documented on the new patient form! Was there a need to have patient physically present again? Whats a waste of patients time and NHS resource. It also appears the practice does not promote routine appointment for working patients. Had to wait over 45 minutes for to even get through as phone was constantly engaged and when I did manage to get through had to wait for 15 minutes for some to pick up the phone! The availability of online appointments is limited and once again practice does not promote or encourage this. Please make changes to accommodate working patients.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Glen Road Medical Centre replied on 12 September 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our service.

Our registration policy is to see all the patients face to face while registering.

We have a Telephone triage appointments which are available to book on-line and is helpful for most of the patients, especially working patients, as the Doctor will call and speak to the patient and book an appointment according to their availability.

The practice is always encouraging patients to register online via surgery posters, banners, TV screen and during the registration process.

Regards

Peter gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Caring staff but mostly inaccessible unless there in person

I have found that getting a GP appointment is pretty easy - using the Patient Access app which is great.
However the issue is when I need to call the surgery I can never get through - or as happened today (Thursday 20 April) at 15:15PM I was redirected to the out of hours GP service when the surgery times are listed as being 8AM to 7PM.

I called several times - the first 5 times the line was engaged then I was diverted to out of hours GP service.

The time frames provided for 'other queries' is very restricted so I was calling between 2-4PM as directed but no response. I will now have to organise to take time off to go to the surgery to ask my question about getting a letter for my insurer.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

aleexandra toporas gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

The front desk is useless ...

All the doctors are ok. I never had a issue with them ...however the reception staff and the telephone system is terrible . You are never able to get on the phone with the clinic and they switch of the phone on purpose . There is noo option to be placed on hold on the telephone system and the only way to get an appointment is to go to the clinic yourself . That is a issue because you have to take a day off just for that .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 25 February 2017

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

From great to terrible

I have been with this surgery from since 2001 and I am really very disappointed with the service now. This used to be a patient first service but it's not like that anymore. My condition requires 6 monthly blood tests to monitor my health which was stated by the consultant at the hospital after I was discharged back to my GPs care but they never do that. Sometimes I go for a check up and the doctor asks me when was the last time I had a a blood test? Most of the time it's been over a year and then the doctor starts lecturing me about keeping up with my test results! I'm seriously thinking of changing to another surgery!
What's happened to this system, doesn't anyone care anymore? The reception team from years ago were much better, I notice a lot of inexperienced people there and since then the service has gotten worse. You can't even book an online appointment anymore unless you see the nurse and you can request a callback which is from one of the doctors that I don't particularly like because of the way they talk. Their bedside manner is not the greatest. The phones are another issue altogether, I hate having to call this surgery because the lines are either always engaged or it rings forever! Come on Glen Road you need to fix these problems or you will not be getting anymore patients!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

manuel gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

there front desk is useless ...

it s next to impossible to make a appointment via the phone , they will almost never pick up and the lines will be busy all the time . you can call later but they will not have any slots left and they will not not take one for the next day .....so the next day you have to start all over again ..

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Anonymous gave Glen Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Has dropped in quality

It is next to impossible to call the GP now, the calling hours are inflexible to those who work as well as the policy of booking a same day appointment, again for those who work. The hours on the website show that the surgery is open until 7pm but reception closes at 6pm, 3pm on a Thursday?? It is because of this inflexibility, and the approach by some of the receptionists and staff that I am registering with another GP in hopes of a better service. It wasn't like this four years ago when I first registered, but the service has steadily gone downhill.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017