Leigh View Medical Practice

1. Review titled Appointments unavailable.

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 December 2019

The staff and doctors in my experience are very good, however trying to get an appointment is an absolute joke. I phoned in for an appointment for a chest infection and was offered an appointment in 5 days at the Morley Windosr house clinic (bearing in mind I have a serious heart condition, this is not acceptable). I was told that 'if it's a medical emergency' I could phone up every morning and see if there were any cancellations. Well, it wasn't a medical emergency (but could have been if I'd waited 5 days). I phoned the following morning and got an appointment for the following day-so two days from my initial call. Unfortunately my son was sent home from school also with a chest infection and, here we go again-no appointments available for 3 days. We ended up at the Walk in Centre in Wakefiled (staff were fantastic) and he was seen by a nurse there. It seems that some surgeries are using the Walk in Centre as a stop gap to manage their own inadequate appointment systems. Incidentally, my elderly neighbours have experienced the same problems at Leigh View. I'm actually on the verge of leaving this practice and finding a better one which can deliver what it's paid to and legally obliged to deliver. Sorry for such a negative review, as I said previously the staff and doctors there are great but there is something seriously flawed in the appointments process.

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Appointments unavailable. as unsuitable

Replied on 09 December 2019

The service offered by Leigh View Medical Practice includes offering patients a range of appointment options locally and accross the wider NHS, subject of course to the various demands of the day and the various seasonal pressures too. I am sorry to hear that you remain dissappointed with the service, despite having both your self and your son being seen and treated within 48 hours. The fact that you were seen with 48 hours of your first call (rather than within 24 hours) suggests that you had unfortunately called after the urgent morning clinic had finished. For future reference, please note that same day appointments are available to patients who call between 8am and 10:30/(9:30 on on Thursdays). Patients who call in the morning are always offered a same day appointment. It is always advisable to call as early as possible to avoid dissappointment on exceptionally busy days. There are many other local practices that you would be welcome to make enquiries to about registering at, and seeking feedback about their timescales for non urgent appointments. Patient feedback and discussions with local practices ourselves tell us that our systems compare very well indeed against the services offered at other practices, and that our patients of Leigh View do not face unnecessary delays, queues and are always given a wide variety of alternative choices when the practice is exceptionally busy too. The staff at Leigh View work very hard and do see many patients each day. The reception staff will offer patients many options to try and find the most appropriate service. As you state, you and your son utilised these options and were both seen in a timely manner. Had either of you felt that you needed to be seen sooner, you would have been given further options for being seen on the same day, as a duty doctor is always available for emergencies that cannot wait. The walk in centre is an excellent resource that suits many patients very well who prefer to sit and wait, and the flexibility of them being open for longer is very helpful to patients who are working during the day. It sounds that this service worked very well for you. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the options presented to you by the team. It is dissapointing that despite having been seen within 48 hours for a problem which you did not feel was an emergency, and despite your son having been seen on the same day, that you remain unhappy with this level of service from the NHS.

2. Review titled A very good practice

by Ejire DO - Posted on 07 October 2019

The staff at this GP practice are polite and always ready to help. The GPs are good and some of them are exceptional and genuinely interested in your health and wellbeing.

Visited September 2019

Report review titled A very good practice as unsuitable

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for this lovely feedback, which the staff always are very grateful indeed to hear from patients. Many thanks Leigh View Medical Practice

3. Review titled Efficiency of Practise

by malcolm endersby - Posted on 07 October 2019

I was extremely impressed with my visit to the surgery today. I was seen quickly and the follow up blood test was done even sooner than promised.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Efficiency of Practise as unsuitable

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback, the staff always especially appreciate hearing the positives. Many thanks Leigh View Medical Practice

4. Review titled Worst doctors I've ever used

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

Worst doctors I've used. In 5 months they hadn't requested my.medical records from old doctors. They have ignored my requests, asked for a referral from 2 doctors....they did NOTHING , Tried to complain and they haven't taken a complaint or addressed their mistakes . No contact from them when told I would be getting a call back....now I will have to find a new doctors or stop using the nhs as it's failing certain groups of people suffering

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Worst doctors I've ever used as unsuitable

Replied on 30 December 2019

I am sorry to see that you have now posted this same message on here twice, despite our earlier replies which we had hoped would help. We have already explained to you on more than one occasion that you are unfortunately mistaken and this did not happen. We would like to reiterate our previous offers of help; please get in touch with any local GP practice to seek medical support if you feel that you have any medical concerns which are outstanding.

5. Review titled Excellent service, if you use it properly.

by Ian A. - Posted on 06 May 2019

As it is a large and busy practice, the staff have systems and rules to work by, which are occasionally misunderstood by patients. In 20 years I have frequently attended appointments and always been dealt with very well by the doctors and the support staff. The poor reviews given by a few patients on this website are mostly about getting appointments, because they haven't taken care to ask enough about the system. Unlike many surgeries, Leigh View staff can be very helpful and accommodating if you ask properly. They are of course often very busy, which means they sometimes give a brief answer instead of explaining how you can get rapid treatment when you need it.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Excellent service, if you use it properly. as unsuitable

Replied on 06 May 2019

Thank you for your kind words regarding your positive experience's of being able to see a GP at the practice which I shall ensure is fed back to the team. Many thanks for taking the time to share this.

6. Review titled Excellent service, if you use it properly.

by Ian A. - Posted on 12 September 2019

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Excellent service, if you use it properly. as unsuitable

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give such helpful and well balanced feedback, this is always very much appreciated. Many thanks Leigh View Medical Practice

7. Review titled Very difficult to get appointments unless you say urgent

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 March 2019

Can never get an appointment, shouldn’t have to wait until urgent to see a doctor. Was told to make a follow up appointment by the doctor in two months, thought that would be easy but still struggled. After waiting 3 weeks for an health check I arrived 5 mins late due to a big fire on M1 only to be told I’d have to make another appointment, took me nearly an hour to get there. I only go to the doctors if I’m really ill as it’s so annoying facing the wait. Seeing the same doctor twice is an achievement. Been my family doctors for 35 yrs but I’ve lost faith in the practice.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled Very difficult to get appointments unless you say urgent as unsuitable

Replied on 13 March 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have some concerns with the practice and the appointment booking system. We have a number of options available for patients who are wanting to see a GP. Currently, the next routine appointment with a GP is 3 weeks away. There is a little more of a wait to see certain GPs due to annual leave however we do have routine appointments available with each GP and you are able to specify which GP you would like to see when booking a routine appointment. We also have routine appointments available at the Morley Hub on a weekday evening and weekend that are released every Monday for that week. We have the urgent clinic available every morning for patients who feel that they cannot wait until the next routine appointment to see a GP. In regards to your NHS health check appointment, I am sorry you are unhappy that you had to re-book. I do not have your patient details to look into this further as you have chosen to use this forum to get in touch. However, generally given that the NHS health check appointments are 20 minutes long, if you were 5 minutes late then it would of meant that the Health Care Assistant would have been unable to get through everything that is required in the duration of time remaining. This is why you would have been advised to re-book. If you haven't already, please do contact the practice to re-book this as we have a large number of NHS health check appointments available for patients. If you have any future causes for complaint, please do feed these back to the practice directly so that we can investigate these thoroughly. Many thanks?

8. Review titled Poor service

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 April 2019

Would not recommend. Since joining this surgery basic health care needs have been an uphill battle. Almost impossible to get a GP appointment. Surgery does not communicate with other NHS services, and things are frequently missed and need followed up by patient. GP's lack any level of 'bed side' manner and have given outdated advice regarding well known medical conditions. only positive - all nursing staff I've seen have been professional and approachable.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled Poor service as unsuitable

Replied on 08 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service at Leigh View Medical Practice. We have several options available for patients who wish to see a GP. This includes routine appointments which are currently a 3 week wait away. Routine appointments at the Morley Hub based at Windsor house for a weekday evening and weekend that are released every Monday for that week. We also have an urgent morning clinic available every day for anything that patients feel cannot wait until the next routine appointment to see a GP about. In regards to your other feedback, unfortunately with using the method of communication, we have no patient identifiable information in order to look into your concerns further. If you do have a complaint about the service at the practice, please do put this in writing to the Practice Manager so that we can investigate this further. Many thanks

9. Review titled General

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 February 2019

I am 86 years of age and I have reached an age at which I might expect to need more medical attention. I have been allocated a named GP and, providing I can wait 2/3 weeks, I can see him. We have developed quite a good relationship and I belive I can talk to him freely about any concerns that I may have. If I have any urgent needs I can ring the surgery and he will usually ring back within 2/3 hrs. For other short term problems there is an urgent appointment service which on the two/three occasions I have used this service it has worked well. I am registered for the Patient Access service which I use for prescription renewal . Overall, I think the service works well for me.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled General as unsuitable

Replied on 26 February 2019

Thank you for your kind words regarding your positive experience's of being able to see a GP at the practice which I shall ensure if fed back. Many thanks for taking the time to share this.

10. Review titled Review 25/2/19

by David Smith - Posted on 25 February 2019

Emergency appt booked re stress & anxiety issues. Receptionist who I spoke to at 8am was excellent & listened to my problem. Appt booked for 9.25 am. Appt with the doctor was excellent & very understanding. Suggested alternative solutions, medical, online & treatment. Agreed a follow up appt 25/3/19. The lady doing the market research in the waiting area was very pleasant, professional & helpful & I was pleased to give feedback.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Review 25/2/19 as unsuitable

Replied on 25 February 2019

Thank you for your kind words, the staff really appreciate positive feedback, and they really value this. I shall ensure that this is fed back. Many thanks for taking the time to share this.