Branch Surgery

01793750645 Ashton Keynes Village Hall, Ashton Keynes , Swindon, Wiltshire, SN6 6NT

Anonymous gave Branch Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Quick and accurate diagnosis of viral meningitis

My wife persuaded me to call the doctor when i was suffering from headaches. The doctor saw me within 20 minutes of the phone call and suggested it might be viral meningitis and arranged a transfer to a ward in Swindon hospital. It transpired the doctor was entirely correct in their diagnosis, and I was successfully treated in hospital. I am very thankful to both the doctor and their team for picking this up so quickly as the early diagnosis and treatment hugely lessened the impact of the illness.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Branch Surgery has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Branch Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Disgrace

Absolutely horrendous service, most staff are extremely rude especially the receptionist, who is so sarcastic the receptionist is verging on verbally abusing people. They will not send a practice nurse to the village, not even for elderly and people suffering long term health conditions, when I raised complaints about this I was basically told to think my self my village had a Gp visit (twice a week for an hour and a half) because they're fighting to keep it! Well that's brilliant thank you very much for your care and compassion.
Living in a rural village with no transport links, I feel the most vulnerable of the villages society (elderly.... Disabled etc) are receiving an absolutely abysmal service here. Practice staff are so uninterested I. Helping any one and very often give out incorrect information, when thier errors are pointed out they simply dismiss it.
This being said I will say the Dr and their stand in have always been very helpful, particularly the stand in Dr. It's such a shame that the rest of staff are atrocious

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Branch Surgery replied on 27 March 2017

We are very sorry for the poor service which you feel that you have received from our branch surgery. We value our patient feedback and pride ourselves that we mostly receive 5 star comments from patients. I would be happy to investigate your concerns if you wish to contact me either by email cricklade.reception@nhs.net or by telephone 01793 750645.

Catherine Taylor
Operations and Administrative Manager

Dave Sheppard gave Branch Surgery a rating of 5 stars

AK is so lucky to have a Surgery

After a recent visit to the Branch Surgery, I just wanted to say that we are so lucky to have a Surgery in the Village. Although it is only a couple of times per week, we have at least got a Surgery, which is more than can be said for many of our nearest neighbour villages. I got an appointment on the same day as I 'phoned, which is excellent by comparison to other Surgeries (so my friends tell me). It is only a walk down to the Village Hall, ideal for appointments and repeat prescriptions.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Branch Surgery replied on 20 April 2017

Thank you for letting us know about the service you have received from the surgery. All the staff appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback.

Jon gave Branch Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Friendly and Excellent Patient care

As an insulin dependant diabetic I require frequent health care checks and have found that both staff and the doctor are always very helpful. they send me reminders regarding particular diabetic healthcare checks and offered good advice when asked.

In particular the doctor is very responsive regarding complications of long terms diabetes and has been very helpful in obtaining appointments to get these resolved quickly.

All prescriptions are available within a couple of days and they also check to see if unused prescriptions are still required.

They send appointment requests for diabetic related consultations

When I have needed to make an non diabetic related appointment for either myself or wife it is sometimes difficult as there is only one phone number and a limited number of available appointments, but always possible to get an appointment so cannot complain, just limited by the size of the practice and number of people trying for available appointments, which is part of a rural surgery, but suspect it would be no less easy in a town surgery.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 05 April 2017

Branch Surgery replied on 20 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback. Your comments have been passed on to all surgery staff.