Dr Fatma El-Sayed

0151 317 8540 361-365 Queens Drive, Walton , Liverpool, Merseyside, L4 8SJ

W Wells gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 5 stars

Extremely Happy with Practice!

I have been in this practice for a very long time and I have found the reception staff to be very helpful.

I have had a number of medical problems which the doctors have helped me with.

I find the GPs extremely helpful and provide best care for me.

I am always able to get through and make an appointment of my choice.

I would highly recommend this surgery to my family and friends.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Dr Fatma El-Sayed replied on 11 October 2017

Good morning and thank you for such a lovely review, it means so much to us all. Our aim is to ensure we give the best possible service that we can to all of our patients. Its good to know that we are making a big difference in people's lives and wellbeing. I will pass on your compliments to the Dr's and staff. Thank you once again.

Anonymous gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 3 stars

120 calls to get a appointment

I rang yesterday for an app as I have been having complications with my hayfever that just arent going away, I had to ring 125 times on my phone as either engaged or just rings out and then goes dead. When I got there was a little wait but I think you expect that I was with the doctor about 2 mins ... the problem is I am having chest pains and coughing lot- the pains are waking me up during the middle of the night. My Nanna died of bronchal pneumonia and my mother has asthma so I said could it be asthma and the response was maybe and they just told me to come back if I get worse. Last time I went I asked to see a doctor as I wanted to change my meds and I was told that a nurse could do it, I asked if they were sure and they said yes. Lo and behold the nurse told me she cannot do anything.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you have been having difficulty getting through to the Practice. We presently only have 2 phone lines that can be 2 internal phone lines OR 2 external phone lines. If both lines are in use, the phone rings in the exchange until a phone line becomes free. This is a known problem and we are looking at purchasing further phone lines to tackle the number of calls coming in and out of the Practice. If you could bear with us whilst the practice get quotations in for this work. It does take a little time and such changes have to be submitted to NHS England but assure you that its being actioned.
In the meantime, you can register for Patient Online Access which allows you to book your own appointments online, request repeat medication online as well as being able to view your medical records online.
Sorry for any inconvenience

carol collins gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 5 stars

Help and support

After leaving my old GP because they gave up their practice, I joined Abingdon medical centre queens drive. I have found the staff to be quite pleasant when I have rang to make an appointment, yes it is sometimes hard to get through on the phone but that is only to be expected . they must have a lot of patients and not many doctors,, being disabled I go to the doctors when I need to , for inhalers and over my walking . when I have been to see the doctor, I have found them to be ok they will listen to me going on about my walking and how it is getting more difficult for me to get around. and does not brush me off and try to hustle me out of the door, I recently went through a pip appeal and won it , I would like to thank the doctor and the practice manager and staff for their help and support.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Dr Fatma El-Sayed replied on 10 May 2017

Hi, Thank you for such lovely feedback. I will pass on your compliments to all Dr's & staff.

Jemma S gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 1 stars

Receptionists

The reception team at Abingdon Health Centre are very unprofessional and very rude one inparticular. On three occasions I have tired ringing at 8:30 to try and get a appointment. I tired ringing this morning and took me 40 phone calls to try and get through to the surgery but they let the phone ring out. When I finally did get through I spoke to a receptionist and explained I wasn't happy. As being pregnant I needed a appointment today and could not get through, I was spoken to very abruptly and witnessed other patients getting spoken to very rudly as I turned up for my appointment there was a few patients who wasn't happy about the same situation. The doctors in the surgery are lovely have not got a bad word to say just a shame they have rude receptionist that let the surgery down.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you have been having difficulty getting through to the Practice. Between 8am - 10am & again from 3pm - 5pm as these are very busy times. We presently only have 2 phone lines that can be 2 internal phone lines OR 2 external phone lines. If both lines are in use, the phone rings in the exchange until a phone line becomes free. This is a known problem and we are looking at purchasing further phone lines to tackle the number of calls coming in and out of the Practice. If you could bear with us whilst the practice get quotations in for this work. It does take a little time and such changes have to be submitted to NHS England but assure you that its being actioned.

In regards to the rude receptionist, can you ring me to advise who the rude receptionist was so that I can approach this from my end.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

gemma molloy gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 5 stars

would recommend

I recommend this surgery for both doctors as they both listen to your medical problems as well as personal problems affecting your health. I am 37 and have been to this surgery since I was born and have never considered changing surgeries. No question about your health is too big or too small for either doctor.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017

Dr Fatma El-Sayed replied on 23 January 2017

Hi, Thank you for such lovely compliments. Both Dr's here are very experienced GP's that have worked within General Practice for many years.
Dr's commitments, caring approach and wanting to make a difference to patients lives helps build up that good reputation as a good practice.
Thank you once again for your compliments.

Anonymous gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

My elderly mother fobbed off by gp so I went along to an appointment. I am looking for new surgery right now for my mum. I do not want her under this GPs care! I asked for a referral, I was spoken to as though I was a child. I'm 51 years old! This was my GP many years ago, I soon switched when I became an adult.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Hi,
I’m sorry that you have not been happy with the service that we have provided you and thinking of leaving us.
I’m surprised to hear that you felt your Mum was fobbed off by a GP at the Practice. I have spoken to both GP’s and no GP feels that your Mum was fobbed off in any way.
Our GP’s are here to assess the patient, examine where required and only refer on to a specialist if it is something that a GP may need a second opinion or appropriate to do so. We do not refer on on patient’s request. It’s important that a GP can justify the reasons for referring on as they need to advise the specialist or consultant the reasons why. If a GP cannot verify the reasons, the specialist may refer back to the GP which is then a waste of time; money and then frustrating to you and your Mum.
We are a good practice here and we have good staff here that are always willing to help others.
It’s a shame that your Mum is thinking of leaving us. Maybe speaking to me face to face may have been the better option. I could have spoken to the Dr to ask for the reasons why they would not refer your Mum on to a specialist and then I could have fed back to your Mum without any upset.
Hope this helps explain our processes’ here and why we just cannot refer on patients request.
If you would like to discuss things further, please do not hesitate to contact me Mon – Thurs btw 9:30am – 3:30pm

Gemma Molloy gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 5 stars

reception n back office staff

The reception staff and back office staff are fantastic. They not only deal with your normal things like booking appointments and repeat prescriptions but they are interested in you as a person as well as a patient. Always friendly, always a smile on their faces. They remember who you are and your name, even over the phone. Ive never had any reason to complain.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Hi,
Thank you, it's very motivating for staff to receive such lovely compliments. The staff deal with a lot of situations and problems throughout the day.
It's nice to receive your compliments. I will pass your comments on to all staff.

David Chalmers gave Dr Fatma El-Sayed a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful staff and doctors

I moved to this surgery 2 years after my local GP closed.

I must say that the staff are always extremely helpful and the doctors are the best I've had so far. I have on occasions not been able to get through on the telephone before 9am but have always managed to get an appointment on the day even if I ring at 11am!

I find the staff extremely helpful. Getting appointments at my previous surgery was a nightmare - I had to wait around 2-3 weeks! But now access is easy and you always see the same doctors which is really nice as they get to know you really well.

I would highly recommend this surgery! Continue with the good work. I look forward to the coffee mornings advertised.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2017

Hi,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It important that we receive constructive feedback and know exactly what we are doing right and what we can improve on.
The problems with the telephones and not being able to get through if under review. We are looking to increase the number of telephone lines coming in and out of the Practice. We presently only have 2 telephone lines so only 2 people can be on the phone at the same time whether that be internal calls or external calls. It is under review.

Joanne Murphy - Practice Manager