Castle Meadows Surgery

1. Review titled Great practice

by Chaliyah. B - Posted on 07 February 2020

This surgery got my family and my self registered quickly. The staff is very friendly and I’d surely recommend this surgery to anyone because of their customer service.

Visited February 2020

Replied on 10 February 2020

Thank you for your kind feedback. We do work hard to provide excellent customer service to our patients. Your comments will be passed to the staff. Your feedback is always welcome.

2. Review titled Changes questionable

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 December 2019

Although I have no adversity to change when needed, I have been struggling to understand the number of changes that have occurred within the practice over such a short period of time. After 20 years, I am mostly disappointed that we can no longer make appointments to see a Doctor without being triaged first. This experience in itself I find dehumanising, especially when being constantly told there is no reason to see a Doctor. Of course we are not medically equipped to self remedy and hence are seeking further professional advice. Only to be told that the concerns or symptoms causing us so much pain and grief do not warrant being given a GPs time? I understand that there are occasions where a common cold does not need to be treated, however unless someone is physically eye balled and checked, how can you possibly be assured your diagnosis is accurate? Why must we endure further pain for a few days first before being given the treatment we needed 4 days ago? I am trying to be as supportive of the practice and the changes that have come about and so I strongly urge that the appointment system is reviewed somewhat to allow the patient at least the ‘time’ they deserve with a trained GP professional rather than someone making calculated assumptions over the phone whose over sights may lead to more serious problems. I do believe that this practice does have its patients’ well being at the forefront of their changes - however unless patients are given the opportunity to receive medical intervention in a tangible way, I cannot see how this will lead to positive outcomes. Sadly I’m fully aware that the squeeze on nhs funding does restrict surgeries, although surely patients have the right to at least be given an opportunity to discuss their own expectations of a general practice. Ultimately if new changes are having a detrimental effect on patient well being, then are we not just defeating the object of what a GP practice in essence is trying to achieve?! I sincerely hope that this review is seen nothing more than an opportunity to voice the concerns of many who have felt shunned and little supported by the practice at a time when needed most. Thank you for your time and I await your response.

Visited December 2019

Replied on 09 January 2020

Many Thanks for your feedback. We only triaged appointments if the patient requires an appointment the same day, as these are classed as emergency appointments and a clinician determines which patients need to be seen. Routine appointments are bookable without being triaged and usually you can be seen within 3/5 days. I will pass your comments to the Doctors regarding our appointment system as we do try to put our patients first. Thank you for you feedback it is always welcomed.

3. Review titled Quick service

by Claudia Zuiderduin - Posted on 27 December 2019

I needed my repeat prescription for prophylactic antibiotics very quickly as had run out unexpectedly. Within the hour my request was approved and ready at the chemist! Very happy! Thank you!

Visited December 2019

Replied on 09 January 2020

Thank you for your positive comments, we do try to give the best service we can for our patients. Your comments will be passed to the reception team.

4. Review titled Good Practice that needs to gain its good reputation again

by G-B - Posted on 23 November 2019

Visited on Tuesday 19.11.2019 to have a lump removed in it's new minor clinic. It did take a while to wait to have removed but that was because it took time to make sure the room was prepared correctly. Experience was good, was reassured at all times in a clean relaxed environment. they completed the removal for me and did so very professionally. Just healing now and hopefully repaired. Lets hope this is a sign of the future of this surgery being great again.

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff pride ourselves in giving excellent medical care. I will pass your kind words to the member staff. We are making to changes to the surgery to improve our service we provide your comments are always welcome.

5. Review titled Brilliant and Efficient Service

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 November 2019

Booked in for Annual Review, reception was extremely helpful with all my queries, appointment was seen on time, all interactions with staff members was polite and professional. Good communication both verbal and electronic.

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We do work very hard to provide excellent customer service as well as good medical care. Your kind comments will be passed to the staff.

6. Review titled Minor surgery

by Dave - Posted on 12 November 2019

Had minor surgery. Head nurse was fantastic. Talked me through what he was doing, and made sure I was ok all the way through. I would highly recommend castle meadows for minor surgery.

Replied on 19 December 2019

Thank you for your recent feed back. This is a new service we have been offering and so far we are pleased with the service we offer to out patients. Your comment has been passed to the nurse in question. We always welcome your feedback so we can improve our service.

7. Review titled Good receptionist

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 October 2019

Just been to the doctors with a problem regarding my prescription the receptionist could not have been more helpful with in a couple of minutes all was sorted good work.

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for your positive comments. We try very hard to make sure that we deliver the best service that we can for our patients. I will pass your comments to our staff.

8. Review titled Completely changed over last year

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 November 2019

The surgery is nowhere near what it used to be. First you can rarely get through on the new phone system. Second you can never get an appointment. Thirdly you can't park if you go to the surgery. Fourthly many appointments if you get one is not with a doctor but with advanced nurse practitioners. One of the more recent additions to the staff is completely rude. The only positive remaining thing about the surgery is the wonderful practice nurse. She has looked after me and my children for over 20 years. She is an asset to the practice. A couple of receptionists do try to help and I thank them for that whilst others don't. In addition to myself visiting I have accomplished my daughter with an ongoing condition to find she is no further forward yet than months ago and had she had continued to go alone she wouldn't have even been referred as no one looks at continuity of care when you go unless you bring to their attention all the history. To be honest I've now given up all hope and requesting to go elsewhere.

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for your comments. With regards to our phone system we have recently had these updated, and as far as we are aware they are working fine, however I will contact the phone system to make sure this is correct. Routine appointments are available within 3 working days which is above the national average, same day appointments are classed as an emergency appointment and these are triaged by a clinician who decides which appointments are urgent for that day. ANP can deal with most patients requesting acute or same day appointments that do not require a GP contact.This more effective use of primary care services allow GPs to see patients with more complex health needs. Your comments will be passed to the partners and your feed back is always welcome.

9. Review titled Money making business

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 October 2019

Taking on too many patience in the last few years has crippled this surgery. Getting an appointment is nigh on impossible when you need one and being seen on time is unheard of. Been with them 20 years and it used to be a great practise. Called the other day to get an appointment for my elderly father and told they only had emergency appointments, I explained it was an emergency and was told that if it was an emergency I should take him to the walk in ! Nonsensical. I myself went for possible peri meno symptoms to be told by the doctor all ladies go through it if you don't die young ! and lucky for her she had no symptoms at all. How comforting. Trying to find another practise as soon as.

Replied on 17 October 2019

Thank you for your feed back. Same day appointments are classed as an emergency appointment and these are triaged by a clinician to determine if an appointment is needed. Routine appointments are bookable and the current wait is 7 days under national average, however we can offer a telephone consultation by a clinician and these are usually within 2 working days. Apologies this did not happen when you called the practice this will be looked into and further training will be given to staff.

10. Review titled Great Diabetes Care

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

With the help and support of the diabetes specialist nurse in have lost 15 kg in weight and reduced my Hba1c from 12.1% to 6.8%. I feel so much better.

Visited September 2019

Replied on 10 October 2019

Thank you for your positive comments. We try very hard to make sure that we deliver the best service that we can for our patients. We are pleased that you are happy with the care you have received.