Castle Meadows Surgery

1. Review titled Great Diabetes Care

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

With the help and support of the diabetes specialist nurse in have lost 15 kg in weight and reduced my Hba1c from 12.1% to 6.8%. I feel so much better.

Visited September 2019

Replied on 10 October 2019

Thank you for your positive comments. We try very hard to make sure that we deliver the best service that we can for our patients. We are pleased that you are happy with the care you have received.

2. Review titled once you get through the door they're fantastic

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 May 2019

Have had problems getting an appointment - standard for most surgeries I think, receptionists are tough but its a tough job - once I managed to get through that and see the Dr today I had a great appointment, helped me beyond what I could imagine. Very lovely, very caring, genuinely caring cant recommend them highly enough - I'm not too sure if she's a Dr or a practitioner either way she's great and I cant thank her enough

Visited May 2019

Replied on 02 May 2019

Thank you for your kind comments this will be passed onto the clinical team. We are improving the practice to make sure we deliver a excellent service to our patients. Your feed back is always welcome.

3. Review titled Absolutely terrible

by Lisa - Posted on 01 May 2019

I've heard it all now! just rang for an appointment, with a doctor I've starting treatment with, and was told cannot book appointments!! Since when have the doctors stopped booking appointments all together??...tell me how can I get to see my doctor please? to be fair I have been offered another doctor, in 2 weeks time, but I've been there before, where another doctor will just refer you back to your own doctor, so that is not really a viable option. I also have the added stress of if I do get an appointment on the day, then having to go to my boss and tell her I need time off to go to the doctors without enough prior notice.....its all too stressful, and the reception staff don't help their attitude and constant speaking over me is just rude! can anyone reading this recommend a decent surgery in Dudley??

Visited April 2019

Replied on 01 May 2019

We are sorry to hear about the service you received. We are making improvements to the surgery we have new clinical staff and also a new reception team. We have put new appointment system in place and have noticed an improvement in being able to offer patients appropriate appointment. Your feed back is always welcome.

4. Review titled The staff very very rude. Sniffing whilst talking at you

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 March 2019

Very very rude staff. The receptionists obviously not trained to deal with patients. It takes at least 15 mins to answer when your 1st in the queue. This surgery was fantastic now it's the worst. I can't go elsewhere due to location and lack of transport unfortunately. Looking at other reviews we are all dissatisfied with this surgery needs a review from nhs

Visited March 2019

Replied on 13 March 2019

We are sorry that your comments were not answered sooner. The date of your comment precedes the appointment of the current proprietors of the surgery. We now have a new team in place who are working hard to improve the surgery and the patient experience.

5. Review titled No partners left running it no appointment available ten plu

by Wayne swatman - Posted on 28 February 2019

No senior partners left No appointment available Emergency or otherwise Ten plus minutes on hold wait time Pathetic

Visited December 2018

Replied on 28 February 2019

6. Review titled Avoid at all costs

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 February 2019

Moved to this GPs as was recommended by my parents. Initially it was fantastic, the telephone was answered promptly and in a courteous manner and the staff really did bend over backwards to help you. I recommended it to several people. However; fast forward 12 months and its like a different place. The staff are so rude, I have never come across people like it. There is never an appointment. Hubby had to have some staples removed following surgery and was told no as they didn't have the right piece of equipment, told them that the hospital had given the remover to us only to be told that "our nurse doesn't feel comfortable. Do it yourself or go to the walk-in!". Absolutely dreadful service. I have never met such rude staff. There is now only one full time GP working there - avoid this surgery at all costs!!!

Visited January 2019

Replied on 18 February 2019

7. Review titled absolutely useless

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 January 2019

Very rude staff, most of them, cannot get appointments, no one answers phone, all the doctors leaving or left. Big turnover of receptionists in the last 6 months, I wonder why? Have just recently signed up with another surgery, so sad as been at this one for over 25 years. They need a massive shake up.

Visited December 2018

Replied on 23 January 2019

8. Review titled Prescription

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 January 2019

wanted to order the pill for my daughter its the only medication she takes and didnt know the name of it. Went into the practice to do this and they wouldnt look at her medication or print repeat off her prescription they told me to google it. I said im not sure of the name and there must hundreds of type of the contraption pill still they said they couldnt help. I work myself at a practice and we manage to help our patients. This practice used to be amazing and has certainly gone down hill very quickly looking elsewhere for my family now

Visited January 2019

9. Review titled From excellent to Disgraceful

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 November 2018

This GP practice used to be superb at answering calls promptly, you could get same day appointments, Have a choice of doctor, the fact there are a lot of female GPs was a bonus too. Lately no one answers the telephone, there is now an automated line giving options if you press appointment line it rings and rings, (10 mins + sometimes!) the other options (2) secretaries and (3) patient services i've given up with completely. So I attend the surgery in person to book appointmentt and its like a Catherine Tate sketch! Two ignorant ladies with no customer service shrugging shoulders saying I dunno? to everything I asked. My Husband had been discharged from day Surgery on his knees from a local hospital. The surgeon asked for him to have a follow up review apt with nurse practitioner in two weeks. No appointments were available for months. I suggested a GP saw him instead. Oh they don't like doing wound checks, came the reply. I asked If my husband could have an altered Sick Note with dates on for his work. He will not be able to drive his company car for two weeks. The receptionist went away to ask. She said ok you can pick it up after 4pm tomorrow. Great but then today my husband has telephone call to say this is now not the case as GP not happy to write a note! My husband has not had a day off ill from work in 25 years. He needs to recover and without a note will be forced to go in before he is ready. Absolutely appauling. Will need to move practice now.

Visited November 2018

10. Review titled Had to move doctors

by Disappointed - Posted on 01 August 2018

I have been registered here with my family for 15 years and they were fantastic. Last few years they have slowly gotten worse to the point where a doctors appointment can take up to 2 weeks and that just isn’t any good for me so I have moved to another surgery where I know you can get emergency appointments on the day if you call up at 8am. Shame really as they used to be so good but you need to know your family will be looked after if they need to see a gp.

Visited July 2018