Arden Medical Centre

1. Review titled Best GP practice I have attended

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

Have been with this practice for 8 years. Always able to get an appointment when I need one. All the Drs I have seen are thorough, understanding and empathetic, explain what is happening and answer questions honestly. Never feel that they are too busy to treat my concerns seriously. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Could not ask for a better experience

Visited September 2019

Replied on 04 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. We share all responses with all members of staff. Your positive comments will encourage us to continue to work hard and are very much appreciated.

2. Review titled A little disappointed

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 February 2019

I went to see a GP on Friday to discuss a decline in my mental health (severe anxiety) I explained to the GP i hadn't been able to attend a previously booked appointment because my anxiety was so bad. I was sat, visibly anxious (twitching, tapping etc) yet the Dr didn't even look up from the computer screen while i was discussing my symptoms, and cut me off half way through to tell me that we needed to increase my medication. I was given a card for self referred counselling and was told to call the number, even though i have already attended counselling, which is in my recent medical history, which obviously wasn't noticed by the Dr-which makes me wonder what they were doing on the computer, if it wasn't catching up with what treatment etc i had had. It took a lot for me to attend this appointment, and to make myself vulnerable to open up and discuss my problems with a basic stranger, and was really upset that i wasn't given time to discuss how i was feeling, and ended up sat in my car crying for ten minutes after the appointment because i was so upset at how i had been treated. This is not helpful when treating someone with anxiety. I was asked at the end of the appointment, very hurriedly, if i was feeling suicidal or contemplating self harm.. even if i did feel like that, i don't think i would have said because the GP didn't seem overly bothered. It's a good job i wasn't feeling suicidal, because this kind of attitude, feeling like no one cares, could well have pushed me over the edge. I would have thought with the recent push to recognize mental health, and considering there is a CAMHS attached that GPs would be more willing to help.

Visited February 2019

Replied on 11 February 2019

We are very sorry to hear that you felt disappointed with your consultation. Please contact the surgery and we will help you to arrange a review, perhaps with a different doctor if you would prefer.

3. Review titled Excellent

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 May 2018

Just joined this practice in March 2018and it was a great decision. We were unhappy at our previous practice so decided to move. Arden Medical centre seems efficient, and no problem getting an appointment. The lady doctor was courteous friendly and very helpful indeed. Would highly recommend. And they answer the phone when u call! Brilliant!

Visited May 2018

Replied on 16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We try very hard to offer and friendly and convenient service and will share your comments with the team.

4. Review titled Splendid surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 August 2018

We have been patients at Arden since it was formed. The ethos of care, efficiency and good medicine has continued despite retirements and changes in personnel. This shows an ongoing commitment to safe, considerate and modern medical care. The building is always clean and the atmosphere calm and welcoming. It is a privilege and a reassurrance to belong to this practice. When I have had illness ( more than my fair share over the years) I have always been able to access appointments promptly. The medical advice I have received has always been considered, accurate and has taken into account my personal needs and circumstances.

Visited May 2018

Replied on 04 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We share the comments with all members of our team and your positive words are very encouraging to us all.

5. Review titled Helpful and went the extra mile

by Jtaylor - Posted on 28 March 2018

I wanted to say thank you, my child had ear ache and suspected tonsillitis, even though they didn’t have a free a lot they fitted us in and gave us excellent service. Turns out that it wasn’t anything serious and even then they were still very respectful and good. I wanted to say thanks.

Visited March 2018

Replied on 28 March 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your care.