01214462000 6 Bellevue, Edgbaston , Birmingham, West Midlands, B5 7LX

Sue C. gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Diabetic Nurse Specialist

Have never been able to adequately manage my diabetes, after two appointments with the new Nurse Specialist my diabetes is now under control. I was introduced to a new treatment which I had never heard of that meant I could reduce my night insulin take a slow release tablet and take a weekly injection. I cannot thank the Nurse Specialist enough. I was really down before and had become disinterested. I feel that I have been given a new lease of life. The care I have received has been fantastic. I actually feel like participating in my care and look forward to seeing them. Well done to all concerned! I am confident that ., I am receiving the best care possible. Thank you for your support and expertise. for considering my other needs for your expert management of all my health needs. I am confident that the changes are beneficial,and that my subsequent treatment will continue. To be of the highest quality.Thank you so much. Superb care

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

N.johnson gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Diabetic nurse has helped me to gain control of my diabètes

The diabetes nurse has helped me to gain control of my diabètes

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Run for the few and not the many

Have been a patient of this surgery for 17 years with no real issues. Over the past year or two since it became it became part of a larger UK group the service has just deteriorated. You never get to see the Dr of your choice unless you are prepared to wait a couple of weeks. Locum Dr's seem to be the norm, who do not even bother to read your notes. Although the surgery is open till 18.30 for those who work out of town, like myself and don't get home till around 19.00, it would be nice to have at least one late night surgery. Reviews are done over the telephone as was my asthma review, have not been invited in to have my lungs tested for two years now. Some of the receptions need to realise that they are there to paper shuffle and make appointments and not to dispense medical advice, it would also help if they did not discuss their colleagues whist working in an open plan area. The online patient access only shows some of the repeat prescription items you can reorder, so you still need to visit the surgery to order what you need and although it says you can access your records online this is not so. I fear that the umbrella group which runs this surgery and others is only concerned with the maximisation of its profits then the treatments it offers to its patients.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 August 2017

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Efficient and thorough

I contacted the GP with the hope of securing same day appointment. Upon calling I was told there were no available appointments but to call back at lunch time for a telephone consultation. I managed to speak with the same receptionist when I called back as they were ever so kind & understanding and before confirming my telephone consultation, the receptionist checked again for any cancellations and to my delight I managed to secure a face to face appointment. I was very grateful for the receptionists efficiency & dilligence. My appointment with the GP was also a positive experience, non judgemental and assured that I could discuss my concerns further at any time. Great service!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your positive experience. We are pleased we were able to secure an appointment for you on the same day.
We have an active Patient participation group and welcome new members to help us provide the best service to you. If you wish to join please contact reception desk for further information.

Farah gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic!

My family and I have attended this surgery for years. The doctors here really care about their patients: they are friendly, proactive, very personable, nothing is too much trouble. The nurse is also fantastic. The waiting time for appointments can be long, but isn't that the same with most NHS practices these days? The doctors here are the very best you'll find and are well worth the wait.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Dear Farah
Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We are pleased you have found your experience positive.

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Reception staff

Rang surgery on behalf of my mother who had problems with delivery of her medication from the chemist down the road in fact part of the medication was not available. And the chemist failed in its duty to notify the GP that medication was not available.

I informed the surgery on Thursday evening 4.5.2017 17.30 and spoke with the receptionist who said they were new at the surgery. They were a breathe of fresh air, they were kind compassionate and listened to my concerns ,they were truly professional in their approach and manner. They actioned the concerns and rang back in a timely manner to update me
They were able to inform me that the issue surrounding my mother's medication was in hand and that a new prescription had been electronically sent to the chemist for dispensing and delivery to my elderly mother.
I would like to take this opportunity to say a really big thank you to that kind new receptionist at Bellevue medical centre excellent service
And well done to the unsung hero (new receptionist) At Bellevue surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 29 June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and for appreciating the efforts of our staff. We are pleased your experience was positive and that you took the time to share this.

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

A poor surgery and unprofessional receptionists

Its very difficult to obtain an appointment, as a working person I have difficulty in obtaining an appointment, i have been trying for three weeks to get through ringing every morning and by the time i get through the receptionist I get a rude response "all appointments are filled". They dont offer facilities for me to book appointments in advance. They should allow for the the fact that some patients do hold full time jobs and its extremely difficult to get a day off yet alone get through the receptionist.
There needs to a an overhaul review of how appointments are given and allow for patients who work more flexibility then those who do not work and have all the time do turn up at the GP within moments notice.
Im still awating for an appointment and at this rate i might end up going to A and E

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 February 2017

Anonymous gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing -difficult access to appointments

Getting an appointment is tough.
Appointment system online has no appointments many a time.
System is broken.
Getting to speak to someone takes ages.
Can improve website.
Not upto scratch with decision making and referrals.
Will most likely move from this practice.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 February 2017

Appointments impossible to get

My daughter has been phoning at all times of the day to get an appointment. Phone never answered - message says surgery shut! Always has a problem trying to get an appt. Prescription not dispensed. Have advised her to find another GP.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 March 2017

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2017

Good morning

I am very sorry to hear of the problems that your daughter is experiencing with booking an appointment , problems with the phones and not having a prescription dispensed.

(1) Is your daughter registered for on-line booking of appointments? If not can you please ask her to ring the receptionists and they will advise her of the procedure
(2) Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday 0800 to 1830 (excluding Thurs 1pm to 2pm)
(3) Can you please advise what problem she is having with her prescriptions.

If she wants to ring me I am here everyday except for Wednesday

Elaine Makinson
Acting Practice Manager

Dawn gave Bellevue Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

I am appalled at the way it's being run

My husband has been diagnosed with terminal cancer we have been told the do not resuscitate is not our decision now I have been calling for a prescription for pain killers for 2 days now it's making my husband adjitated the way this is being handled. He has now run out of pain killers and we are still sitting waiting. I would have recommended this practice a year ago but now defiantly not

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 30 November 2016

Bellevue Medical Centre replied on 01 December 2016

I have just read your comments on the website and I would like you to contact me asap 446 2000 and ask for the Practice Manager .