The Masharani Practice

01455552346 Gilmorton Road , Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4EB

great family practice

Good experience and family care . Wonderful morning open surgery , yes you have to wait a long time. but that's better than waiting weeks for an appointment .
Receptionists polite and do a great job but sometimes give out the wrong information or not tne same consistent message , this could improve but otherwise very satisfied

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Anonymous gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

In all honesty having long been a patient of the practice, I am disappointed to have to be writing this review. I have had more than my fair share of problems with the practice of recent times, and it was a member of the reception staff who asked me if I would like to complete a friend and family review.

I am a big believer in doing my part to help the practice by following the practice processes and treat all members of staff that I come into contact with in a respectful manner. Unfortunately, there have been six occasions all within a very short period of events that could have been avoided if the practice had followed its own processes etc. Instead, processes have not followed, and this has resulted in a great deal of stress and anxiety in which to get matters sorted out with the practice. I would have felt different if the practice had personally spoken to me and apologised for the matters. Instead, it was opted to just not take the time to treat me as a person and personally apologise for the practice letting me down. There is no excuse in my eyes for this unprofessional manner.

I feel the turnover of staff in the practice has not helped in terms of the service received at times. There is suppose to be a self-check-in screen for pre-booked appointments and this is rarely working and with one person on the reception area and a long queue of patients does not help when you arrive in good time for a nurse/Doc appointment. As it seems other patients have quite complex queries that take time and of course this is all perfectly fine. What is not really acceptable is when I am then told I am late even though I was at the Drs 10 minutes before my appointment. I also find it quite unhelpful that when calling up I am told that there are no appointments with a specific Dr that there are other Drs I can see. What reception do not seem to understand is that the appointments are only for 10 minutes and if it is not my Dr I have been seeing about the issues time is taken up discussing all the history which gives me no time to discuss my concerns etc. I also find that as much as I am conscious of the 10 minutes other patients are happy to take up nearly 3 x 10 minutes meaning that all the other patient's appointments than end up running late which is not right.

I would like to say the various Drs I have seen at the practice have been professional and very good to me when it comes to seeing them about my concerns. I just find that if some more care towards patients from the front end of the practice was carried out and some customer service skills it may well mean this review in terms of the ratings could be better.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018

Anonymous gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 1 stars

Waiting time to see dr

Very poor service 2 hrs wait to see dr front desk very rude as well

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 15 April 2018

My experiences with the Masharani Practice

We moved to Lutterworth in 2011 and were undecided where to register. On arrival at the Heath Center we were confronted with a choice of 2 practices. We decide to register at the smallest of the practices, the Masharani Practice and what a wise decision. The staff are wonderful, from the doctors and nurses right through to the admin staff. What is especially nice is that you can attend anytime before 11.30 in the morning and guarantee in seeing a doctor of your choice. This is a wonderful system which works very well and must be the envy of many other practices. My wife and I have since joined the Masharani Practice PPG
which keeps us well informed about what is going on within the practice. We commend the doctor on a well run practice and would recommend it to anyone.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

Penney gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 5 stars

fantastic service

The most caring professionals I’ve met, my family and friends agree - the support always makes a positive difference. Well done to the team during these very difficult times. Thank you

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 12 December 2017

Brendan gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 5 stars

Satisfaction!

Myself and my three other family members have been patients, through various episodes during the 20 years we have lived in Lutterworth.

My GP has shown tremendous leadership in his field over that time, from both my observation and measuring subtle changes over time.

He has invested in people, sysyems, operations and processes, in such an impressive way and, through various medical needs, I found the practice innovative and highly supportive when my family or I needed their help.

The area now needs huge, further investment due to the planned influx of significant numbers of families to support the local economy and, with the passage of time, further new blood will need to be attracted to the practise. I strongly hope that the resources will be made to the Masharani practise so that it can avoid the alternative of lack of investment and failing into poor conditions.

I fully support the Masharani Practice and would ask that full community and national support be given to such community medical practices, to ensure great preventative medicine can be practised, as well as the emergency/aftercare be made available, in our community.
Brendan O'Kane

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 26 December 2017

Anonymous gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 5 stars

Caring staff, from reception through to clinical staff

My husband and I have been patients at this practice for just over 2 years. We have been really impressed with the dignity and respect we have experienced. All staff, without exception are professional, respectful and friendly. I would have no hesitation is recommending this practice to others.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 30 November 2017

Anonymous gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 2 stars

Average

I’ve been a patient here for several years and regret to say I am becoming increasingly disenchanted. I have been returning repeatedly with the same issue periodically for several years, and the matter has never been properly investigated. I find them dismissive, unwilling to listen and am generally made to feel like an inconvenience. I certainly don’t recognise the reviews here as relating to the practice I visit.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 April 2018

Anonymous gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 5 stars

The writers experience of his time with this practice.

Having joined this practice under the present senior partner's father, I have always been satisfied at the level of care and interest in my problems and the outcome of any treatment.

The standard of diagnosis and treatment has been very high in my opinion as a patient of 85 years and having experienced several other practices and GPs over my adult life. One doctors sense of humour is always well appreciated .

Another doctors reputation in the Lutterworth area is well merited and they are know for their kindness and devotion well beyond the call of duty.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Sian Lennon gave The Masharani Practice a rating of 5 stars

Trusted, family gp.

The principles of this practice should be copied nationwide. The receptionists are friendly, helpful and not the stereotypical "gatekeepers" many practices employ.

The open surgery in the mornings means patients get seen when they need, which is a godsend when you have small children. Similarly, when we've needed to be seen quite urgently the staff have tried their hardest to accommodate us, even if that's meant adding us to the end of their list, meaning they end up working later.

It's easy to book appointments, online, in person or on the phone.

The doctors themselves are easy to talk to and listen to what you say. They, along with the nursing staff, are personable, friendly and professional.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017